009

Passerby

After weeks of following the similar daily routines as the family heir, Siwon brings his heavy feet downstairs guided by the servant named Hangeng whom he think is indeed his personal servant since he’s always be there on the first day he came back and what’s more he’s still not used of having to feel Hangeng’s presence. Despite that the man seemed polite and full of manners.

Siwon sighed for the god knows how many times as he was almost used of being directed to the dining room every morning to have breakfast except…

“Are we… having a celebration…here?” Siwon hesitantly commented the dishes on the table, which almost occupy the table’s space. There’s indeed no way the people who’s going to have their breakfast there is going to finish all those, right? The servant looked at him perplexedly still managed to keep his professional look.

“Please have your seat young master.” As for that, Siwon followed what he said and take a seat without having much word to say. He was about to start eating until he remembered something. “Hangeng-ssi?”

“Yes young master?”

“Uhm…” Siwon paused as he uncomfortably shifted. He was about to ask him to join for breakfast but will that be a good idea? Truth to be spilled, he felt strange every time Hangeng was there to watch him eat alone nor with others. Neither Donghae nor his brother bothered by Hangeng’s presence. Siwon wondered, was he like that too in the past? Ignoring everybody’s presence and act highly as the family’s soon to be heir? If he was like that, Siwon admitted of knowing to hate his past self now.

“Is there anything I could help?”

However, Hangeng appeared to be working in the mansion for more than years. Siwon cleared his thoughts and start taking the chopsticks. If he were to ask Hangeng to join him then wouldn’t it be suspicious?

“It was nothing.” Siwon said as he placed smaller piece of sweet potato stem to his rice bowl. “I’ll enjoy the food.”

A few minutes later as Siwon is trying the dishes, Heechul and Donghae came and join him.

“These are delicious!” Donghae exclaimed.

“Siwon ah, this is too early.” Heechul said, “Are you going somewhere?”

“Yes hyung?” Siwon paused, “I feel like waking up early, that’s all.”

“I forgot to tell you…The Company will be having a shareholder meeting for this month. Perhaps you mind coming?” Heechul asked. “Since you’re not here for the past few months, father assigned me to temporarily take care of your position…One more thing, the company people doesn’t know you were gone so, don’t worry about it. All you have to do is to be back to your position and everything will be back to normal.” Siwon mentally asked himself, what was his brother talking about? The company? Position? What is his position in the company?

Donghae was aware of his friend’s uncertainty. “Sounds important....What’s Siwon position in the company?”

He froze the moment when he realized what his position is.

Heechul clicked his tongue and smirked, “What else? He’s the Chairman.”

Chairman? What’s more to be found in the future?

“Ah…About that…” Siwon thought deeply of what he wanted to say next, “I’ll follow father’s decision.”

“You brat.” Heechul snorted. “You’re telling me to continue seating in your position? After those tiring night and days, you should be thankful!!”

“Hyung, you said father assigned you to temporarily take my position…Then, that mean I’m not going back in my position unless father tells me to."

Heechul slowly nods, “Made sense. But isn’t it better if you tell him directly?”

Siwon didn’t reply as he’s thinking what answer suits best.

“But again, where have you been brat? Where’s the Choi Siwon I know who’s willing to do anything for the company?”

Siwon sighed, smiling guiltily. “Time flies, people change hyung.”

 

 

Kyuhyun has been lying down on the sofa for a while, enjoying the breeze that came uninvited to the living room. The TV was on, showing celebrity news which Kyuhyun never been interested of. Suddenly after a long time his phone rings however when he sees who the caller is, bringing another déjà vu, it only showed numbers.

Curious, he picked the call. “Hello?”

“Hello? Kyuhyun oppa?” Hearing a woman’s voice, Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“Excuse me, who is this?”

“How come you didn’t remember this voice? It’s me, Choi Sooyoung.” After hearing the name Kyuhyun rose up from the sofa now seating, face smiling.

“Sooyoungie? Little sister?” Kyuhyun laughed.

“Aigoo…I’m a grown up woman now! Not your high school’s little sister anymore.” Sooyoung laughed behind the call. Kyuhyun begin to converse with his high school friend asking each other how they have been doing and so on.

“Oppa, I’m getting married.”

“What? Really? That’s good news. I’m happy to hear that, congratulation. So, who’s the lucky man to be my brother in law?” Kyuhyun joked.

“Just someone! He’s a really good man! I assure you guys will like him as a friend!”

“You guys?’”

“Everyone’s invited to my wedding. Actually, this is the real reason why I called you. I wanted to invite you to my wedding. Everybody will be there! Though, I’m not inviting many people…Just family, close friends and classmates… But Kyuhyun oppa, you will attend my wedding, right?”

“Of course I will…Hmm…When is it?”

“8th March.”

“Good date. Thanks for the invitation Sooyoung ah….Yes…….I will, don’t worry…….Bye, see you there.” Kyuhyun placed his phone on top of the desk and sighed again.

 

He guessed its time to visit Seoul again.

 

Yes, Seoul.

 

Kyuhyun gripped the edge of the sofa as he’s reminded of Siwon. As much as he longed to know how the man’s doing however, maybe this time it was different.

 

He silently prays for fate not to let them cross each other again.

 

After all, the world is small.

 

 

“Did you find out what I asked you?”

Siwon questioned as his hand reaching for the tea cup. Donghae stood there watching how chill Siwon’s doing. Will Siwon still be chilled after hearing what he will say next? Siwon was waiting for Donghae to speak up that he finally gives the boy an eye to speak.

“What is it?” Siwon asked. “Is it that serious?”

 

Flashback

 

“Hyung…I’m curious…”

“About what?”

“Who is Jessica?”

Heechul looked at the innocent Donghae in disgust before answering, “You were asking about her yet you knew her name. Who is who? Jessica is Jessica. What about Jessica? Why Jessica? What do you want to know about her?”

From the way Heechul answered him, he doesn’t get a good feeling about this.

The fish boy was aware that Heechul is now looking at him suspiciously. “No I’m just…” Donghae paused and played with his fingernail behind. He mentally smacked himself of wanting to do what Choi Siwon asked him to. He’s a good guy who never hesitant to help people however he’s so going to blame his so called friend if he will receive a smack or long lecture from Heechul for being curious. “I’m…Curious? You mentioned her name once but it seemed ….the person was not there. Since I’m staying here for quite… a little while I… might as well want to get along with everybody here!”

“Is that so?” Heechul raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah hyung…what else?” Donghae innocently grinned.

“Such a miracle I got a friend like you.” Heechul then sighed and look back to his magazine. “You saw picture on the corner of the blue wall?” He said without removing his eyes from the magazine.

Donghae remembered. It was a beautiful picture of the Choi family. “Yes…”

“Picture it again and you know how that woman looked like…..” Donghae didn’t fail to notice the change in the man’s tone.

“Jessica…She’s still legally Siwon’s wife.”

It took Donghae ten seconds to absorb those.

“Wife?!” Donghae exclaimed and stood there still surprised. How is he going to tell Siwon these? ‘Hey, I found out who Jessica is. I asked Heechul hyung about it and he said that Jessica is your wife.’ Nope, he couldn’t imagine more. The way he did it was dramatic enough that it made Heechul to look at him suspiciously again.

“Why are you surprised? Did Siwon not tell you about those?” Heechul said, laughing sarcastically. “Oh yeah…What’s there to be proud of? But why?” Heechul asked, snorting. “Don’t tell me you’re fond of her…”

“I…” What other reason can he use? “She’s pretty….I thought I can get her and I was about to ask you a favor to introduce me to her…” He pretended to be disappointed. “Is it bad? I mean…Why not? Pretty and gorgeous—”

“The hell is wrong with you?” Heechul smack down the magazine he’s holding. “Getting and wanting to hit on random girls? Lee Donghae, you’re not being yourself.”

Was Heechul mad because Donghae pretended of wanting to hit on his sister in law? Donghae mentally smiled, maybe he was. Or he really was. Siwon was really lucky to have such caring brother, Donghae thought. The talk went on shortly until Heechul finally get to control his temper towards the fish boy.

 

End of Flashback

 

Siwon nearly dropped his tea cup. What Donghae said couldn’t be true right? After all these time the name Heechul mentioned was his own wife?

 

“Si…”

 

Siwon give Donghae a hand gesture to halt. This was too much for him to take. Maybe there was more to take in the future. Right now he’s hoping there’s a prospect for him to gain back his memories and return to his normal life, whereas he won’t have to encounter more unexpected events.

His heart ached as half of him starting to fault Kyuhyun for all these, for lying to him, for pretending to be someone who’s important, for pretending to be someone who occupies the position in Siwon’s life. Siwon thought, if Kyuhyun didn’t lie, these wouldn’t have happened.

Although at the same time the guy has taken care of him during his days in the hospital.

“Donghae…” Siwon sighed, resting his chin on his hands. “Heechul hyung… He never talks fondly of her as her brother in law. Don’t you think by that something was off?”

“I’m not sure though…” Donghae said. “Maybe Heechul hyung never got along with her in the first place. My family had the same situation too. My cousin never liked his brother-in-law and they never treat each other nicely.”

 

Siwon nods, slowly processing and agreeing on what the detective said.