005

Passerby

“Today’s meeting dismissed, you can all leave now.”

 

Choi Heechul didn’t bother to bow back to those who were bowing at him before leaving the room. His fingers are tapping the black glass table patiently and he sighs in weariness.

He never thought being one to handle a company could be this tiring. For today he realized he’s been one to attend all shorts of meeting while temporarily replacing Siwon. This is what his younger brother does after all. Siwon has been missing for nearly five months and hasn’t return yet.

As soon as everybody leaves the room, he dials a number. He waits for someone behind the line to answer the phone. After the second ring the phone is activated and before the person behind the line said anything, he says,

“Have you found him yet...?”

 

“I’m sorry hyung... I still can’t find him.” Donghae said behind the line. Heechul could hear a sad tone from him.

 

“I don’t want to hear any excuses. Just find him and...” He nervously takes a deep breath, “Donghae, please bring him back here.”

 

“I will hyung. I will. But... are you sure this is the right location? I can try finding him at another place-”

 

“I can’t be wrong.” Heechul replies in frustration. “His phone is still active. I called him yesterday but he didn’t pick up.”

 

“His phone was active? Hyung, I tried asking the receptionist and they said no such name registered in this hospital. I don’t know how many times I have asked them, they have ignored me. Maybe they think I’m just a crazy person asking for name that doesn’t exist.”

 

“You... Try asking them again. Again and again, I don’t care how many times you’ve asked them!” Heechul know himself as a selfish person. But he wants his brother back safe. He wouldn’t want to further imagine the reasons why his brother has been missing. What was his brother doing in far away Incheon? What’s worse, the specific location was hospital.

The phone is the evidence and he’s sure it can lead him to knowing his brother’s location.

There’s no way he’s wrong.

 

“Alright...I’ll call you after I got news to tell and please send me his phone number. Who knows he’d pick up if I call him later?”

 

“Okay, thanks Hae.” Heechul ends the call. Just what made Siwon to gone missing? Heechul walks out from the room and gone back to his office. He knows. There is only one thing that could lead him to knowing the answer to all the questions.

Heechul remembers, the day before Siwon went missing, Jiwon told him that Siwon and his parents got into a big fight. At that time he was currently doing his duty in China and knows nothing what’s the big fight all about. Just then that next day, Jiwon called him by phone in tears, telling him that Siwon had left.

“Choi Siwon... Why are you doing this...”

Knocks, “Chulie Oppa...?”

Heechul looks over to the voice owner. “Oh...Jiwon ah...”

The young woman gives her brother a warm hug.

He tries to smiling and replies the warm embrace, also caresses her soft long brown hair. “Aren’t you busy?”

She releases the hug and hand him over a bag, “I brought your favorite cake.”

He takes the bag and look what’s inside, “Thanks. You’re younger than me but you always know what I want to have.” Then put it on top of the table.

“Well, I’m your sister.” Jiwon giggles.

“You came in right time after I finished my meetings for the day.” Heechul said, “Or else you’d have to wait here in the office. As a brother I know my sister hates waiting.”

“Hey, I’m not that bad.” Jiwon gives a small punch on Heechul’s arm and takes a sit on the couch.

“Oppa,”

“What is it?” Heechul ask while setting himself in couch.

“Siwon Oppa...Are there any news of him?”

No answer, but Heechul could see sadness in his sister’s eyes.

“There isn’t any... is it?”

“Yet...There isn’t any yet.” Heechul said, feeling sorry.

“I miss him...I...I miss Siwon Oppa...” Jiwon starts crying and Heechul directly went over to her and give a hug as a comfort. This is all he can do for his sister but still, he’s not giving up and will not give a conclusion that Siwon will be missing forever.

“He’ll be back...I’m sure he will.”

 

 

“Lend me your two minutes...” Siwon said as he suddenly laid his head deeply and comfortably on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. He somehow finds it comfortable. No, it was more than comfortable. He feels like he could’ve slept if he were to stay like that forever.

They stay like that until two minutes passed. No one seems to bother about the time anymore. They had yet realize that more than two minutes has passed until Kyuhyun suddenly jolted his shoulder and leave the room, leaving the confused Siwon who’s disappointed in losing the brief warmth.

Kyuhyun closes the door and lean against the wall, but slowly as tears’ coming out from his eyes, his legs feels weak, he fell to the floor and cries his heart out. Fortunately it starts raining whilst no one was in the hallway at the moment. Even if he gets stares from the people, all that he cares is how he wants to let everything go.

“I’m sorry...I’m sorry...I’m really sorry...”

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi...?”

 

Kyuhyun slowly look up and surprised at Donghae’s appearance.

“You are Kyuhyun-ssi right? There’s no way I would forget- What happened?”Donghae helps him to get up and place him to sit on the chair. He decided not to ask Kyuhyun further and waits for the latter to stop crying.

Minutes have passed and everything’s quiet, until Kyuhyun broke the silence.

“Donghae-ssi...I’m sorry for making you stay like this.”

“No worries, I was just taking a small walk around the hospital and bumped into you...But you okay now? I wouldn’t want to see anyone crying since seeing them sad making me wants to cry too.” Donghae chuckled and continues, “That friend of yours... how was he doing?”

Friend? “He’s... doing great.”

“Really? It’s good to hear that.” Donghae sighs and look up the ceiling. “Bad news is around me now, and I guess luck is too scared to approach me. I don’t know whether I could finish my job properly. I don’t think I’m doing well with it like I used to. It’s such an easy job yet complicated at the same time. No, I think I’m the one who makes everything complicated.”

“I’m aware of it...”Kyuhyun said out of blue. He’s aware that he is the one who make things difficult.

“Sorry?”

“I mean, I’m aware of your uneasiness.” Kyuhyun changed statement.

“Really? Does my face really show it?” Donghae touches his face and gasp. “I guess it really is. I’m just a detective here in Incheon currently doing a private duty.” He sighs, “I shouldn’t be doing this alone, and I need my partner here. He’s always doing a good job on these things.”

“Private duty...” Kyuhyun subconsciously murmurs.

“I was about to give up but, maybe it wasn’t the best decision.”

“Donghae-ssi...” Kyuhyun weakly said.

“Yes?”

Kyuhyun wonders if this is the right thing to do as he wants to let go of everything.

Donghae is here as a detective, who’s searching for Siwon’s whereabouts.

Maybe with this chance, he could let go of Siwon for good.

 

“Would you...Do me a favor?”

 

I'm so sorry if this chapter seems boring  and disappoints you guys! Thank you for stopping by, subscribed and read my story! Please look forward for the upcoming chapters! Thank you so much!