Past Chapter 12

Passerby

“Choi…Siwon?”

 

Kyuhyun blurted out the name when he saw him leaning against the wall near his school entrance, looking around as if he’s waiting for someone. He doesn’t seem mind about the students stealing glances at him while God knows what they’re whispering. The school just got dismissed earlier since the teacher will have their meeting and Kyuhyun instantly leave the classroom because he knows if he were to stay any longer he would be asked to manage the school’s event for the month which is the least thing he’d like doing.

“Siwon.” Kyuhyun repeats and waves as he approached the other. Siwon looks at Kyuhyun and lips form into a small smile. Kyuhyun can’t lie how much he likes it when Siwon smile. Siwon wasn’t wearing any blazer on, only a long sleeve school uniform with him holding his black bag in hand. Just such plain sight mesmerized him. Not to mention he owns a perfect height which made him to look even more handsome. The thoughts made Kyuhyun to immediately break the eye contact and look down on the ground. There’s nothing on the ground but it could at least control his irrepressible heart beat.

It has been almost a week since the last time he sees him.

He is in content to see the latter.

“For today, I think almost all school got dismissed earlier…” Siwon sighs.

“Really?” Kyuhyun plays with the fabric on his pants. He feels like smacking himself for being so damn nervous in front of his friend. Wait, is he still his friend after he realized how he felt towards him? “I didn’t know that. What are you doing here?”

“I was checking whether your school got dismissed earlier too…” Siwon said, “So I waited for you. We have plenty of free time. Let’s hang out.”

Kyuhyun finally looks at Siwon again. Did he hear that right? Siwon waited for him? Just then his heart skipped another beat which made his chest feels suffocated. He could feel his cheeks getting warmer. What is wrong with him? Why is this happening to him? He shouldn’t be like this. If Siwon know how he feels towards him, what would happen? Siwon is dating Jessica. Siwon is his best friend. Jessica is his classmate and so a friend. He can’t let this sole feeling changes everything. He should act normal and maintain this good friendship.

“Good idea!” Kyuhyun lets out a forced chuckle and give Siwon a punch on the shoulder. “If that’s the case, let’s visit amusement park!”

“Amusement…park?”

Kyuhyun nods eagerly, “Yeah, amusement park! I’ve wanted to go there and…I heard there’s a special discount in this week, for students. Let’s go for rides and sweets!”

“…”

“Why? You don’t want to?” Kyuhyun worries, does Siwon not like amusement park? “Yah, don’t tell me you’re afraid of rides.” He teases and Siwon walks by pass him. What did he just do? Did that made him angry? Kyuhyun cursed mentally and watch Siwon’s figure walking away. By not so further distance the figure halts and turns around.

“Why are you just standing there?” Siwon asks from afar. “Are you coming or not?”

A smile of relieve crept on Kyuhyun’s lips and he walk towards Siwon till he stops by him. “Alright, let’s change the destination. Where should we go?” He asked again while they continue walking towards the bus stop.

“Amusement park, where else?”

“Really?” Kyuhyun hummed, bending down as he sneaks to see Siwon’s expression. “You sure? I thought I’m the only one who wanted to go there… But, you really want to go there?”

“You sure talk a lot. I’ll give them a try.” Siwon said, looking away. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, exactly what does he mean by that?

“What?”

“I’ve never been there.”

The wind made the tree howls yet another moment of silence begins. So that was it, the reason of Siwon’s hesitation. Kyuhyun secretly smiled as he doesn’t want to give them a long thought. As long as he could make Siwon to try new things, to spend time together with him, he would take that chance and keep the moments.

The bus arrived just after their feet land on the bus stop ground. The door slides open and they got inside, taking their usual seat place. After all passengers got in, the bus’s door closed and it drives away. They sat side by side silently without exchanging words. Kyuhyun convince himself not to make anything awkward because of his feelings towards the latter. He notes it that should never happen.

“Should we grab some lunch before we play?” Siwon offers to which Kyuhyun reply with a soft smile.

“That would be nice.” Kyuhyun takes out his cassette tape and put one head set to his ears while the other one he put it on Siwon. He plays the tape and closes his eyes after a short sigh. “How’s your week?”

“Not so hectic.” Siwon said as he rests his head on the bus couch headrest. “The mid term exam will start soon, I’ll be starting my night classes this week.”

“Ahh…That’s right… The mid term exam…” Kyuhyun sat straightly and face his friend. No, crush. “The night classes will start next week too and so the exam… I hate this.” If he was told to be honest, he doesn’t really hate the busy week. He could do everything as if devouring a piece of cake. He is one of the smartest students in class and almost the entire teacher favors him, only that he’s a little bit of a trouble maker. The thing that he doesn’t like is it prevents him from meeting Siwon. He can’t meet Siwon if he too will have a night classes.

“Your father? How is he now?” Kyuhyun concerned.

“He’s already conscious since a week ago. My father is currently doing his muscle therapy. He’s getting better by days.” He’s not sure what he sees is true but he didn’t miss the slight smile on Siwon’s face. Probably that was one of the reasons why he didn’t see the latter for a week.

Kyuhyun smiles back, he could feel warmth from hearing such news. “Your siblings must be thrilled.”

“They did. Especially Jiwon, she often visited the hospital ever since father regained consciousness. It made her really happy. I’m also glad it happened before she starts her mid term exam.” Siwon chuckled. “Heechul hyung can’t be there often to watch father anymore because his friend at China gave him work to do. So for now, either Jiwon or the house assistant will watch for father.”

“As a friend I’m glad to hear that.” Kyuhyun said, nudging Siwon softly with his elbows. “I’m looking forward for more good news, Siwon.”

That was one moment when the thick ice barrier cracks its edge again. Slowly the ice pieces begin to fall. Siwon starts to be more open to Kyuhyun and he hope as they’re best friends, he could at least melt half of the ice barrier between them.

 

 

“Working very hard aren’t you little kid?”

While reviewing the files that he was intended to present later evening, Ryeowook almost choke on his warm chocolate. “Excuse me? I’m not a little kid.” He fired back at his senior colleague who’s laughing on the work desk. Piles of files are added more to his desk, unintentionally making him a little bit lightheaded. He’s not fond of feeling such however he’d let them be until he finishes his job for that day.

In the beginning, working as a secretary for a company wasn’t a really bad idea. Never once in a life time he’d plan to take such job. He just got lucky after a few times failing from interviews. There is saying we never know our destiny. When he was a child he had a dream to be a pilot someday. But after experiencing what they call unexpected events and that you have to do something to make a living, he may have to sacrifice his dream for a better future. Even so, the more he had a time to think about his old pilot dream, the more he realized that he was never capable to reach it.

“Yah, its lunch time…” His friend knocks on his desk, “Aish…Look at your desk, a real mess. You’re working too hard for that little cutie, aren’t you tired? Let’s take a break. By the way, is he home?”

“Who the hell did you just call cutie again?” Ryeowook squint his eyes at his friend, Kangin in disgust.

“Your brother, who else?” Kangin teases. “Can I hit on him?”

“One more time you call him cutie and I’ll tear the report you just made.” Ryeowook threatens while making a gesture to tear the paper. “He’s not a cutie. Note that.”

“Don’t! Aish…” Kangin sighs as he takes the paper and out it down again neatly. “I’m just kidding. Why so serious? Let’s go, we only have half an hour to fill ourselves. I wonder if we can survive…”

“You wonder if you can survive, you mean?” Ryeowook smirked as he head his way out of the office with his friend walking along side. “Our director is no longer a mad clown, compared to the last one. Take it easy, he won’t bite.”

“He may not bite, but that damned sharp tongue!” Kangin spat. “He said I have no contribution for this company. I’ve worked at this company for five years and he threatens to fire me next month. Compared to this one I’d rather choose our old director.” They talk while making their way to the office’s canteen. After taking their food they search for a place to sit. Once they found a table they sit face to face and eat their meals.

“Prove him that you’re the company’s bear.” Ryeowook said before biting the fried egg. “Sounds wild eh?”

“That’s one good saying but I’m not the company’s bear!” Kangin scoffed and start gobbling down his meal.

Compared to the big guy in front of him, he has been working at the company for three years. The previous years he worked a part time and take courses for a year. He doesn’t know a lot about the company. He doesn’t want to question much either, even though he’d heard few scandals about them. He’s working to make a living, not to dig up gossips. He just needs to do better to have a better life, to even give his brother a better life.

“Would you look at that…” Kangin triumph silently at the TV that hanged on the wall. “The news that boomed for two weeks straight….” Curious, Ryeowook turned around to see the news. “Our CEO has regained consciousness?” Kangin reads the title and scoffed. “Everyone knows that he’s damn rich. People treat the Choi family as if they’re celebrity. There, I guess the journalists are trying really hard like crazy to gain information regarding his condition yet raising assumptions. Where’s the logics…”

Ryeowook eyes scanned the news. On the news there are cameras in front of the lobby and so reporters. They even have the footage of a cameraman trying to capture the sight of their CEO seated with the pillow on his back.

“Rumor says he has another son.” Kangin whispered. “Did you see the latest news when his wife came to the hospital along side a young man? This may be weird to say but he got that chaebol look, tall and handsome—Oh look at that! Someone even recorded the footage of his other son!”

The hospital seems to be less crowded than usual when person recorded the figure. The person recorded the young man from the side till the back. Ryeowook broke his gaze from the TV, standing up he checks his watch. “Meeting will start soon, shall we go back?”

Kangin wipes off the invisible dust from his pants as he stands. “The early the better.”

Ryeowook nods and soon they walk off from their place.

“I bet the meeting will be boring for today. I’ll just go sleep and—“Kangin stopped as he look to the side to find his friend missing. “Ryeowook?” Kangin looked back to see Ryeowook standing halfway looking back at the TV screen. “Ryeowook! What are you doing? We’re going to be late!”

Ryeowook turn around walk pass by his friend who was groaning in annoyance.

“What are you smiling all by yourself there?” Kangin scoffed smacks Ryeowook in the back. “When a lot of people told you to smile and you refused and now when no one asked you to smile, you’re smiling for no reason. Why would Yesung wanted to date you?” He paused, “No. You both are weird, one perfect match.”

“You should just ask him why he asked me out.” Ryeowook said, at the same time laughing off the things Kangin just said. He touched both of his own cheeks and pouts. “But…Do I barely smile? I think I smiled a lot nowadays…”

“He’s just going to give me the same answer.” Kangin clicked his tongue. “He just loves you too much. It’s sickening. It’s good that I only have one chance to hang out with the two of you. Trust me, I would never agree to go out with having you both present!”

“Are you jealous?” Ryeowook asked casually. “So lonely, you better find a partner soon.”

“I’m not.” Kangin yelled.

“Whatever you say!”

 

 

“Siwon, take my picture.”

Siwon nods at the bubbly Kyuhyun and fold his sleeves until it reaches his elbows. The school dismissed earlier for today which was expected since earlier that morning at school he sees the teachers preparing something in the meeting room. Also, there are representatives from other schools who came to his school which logically came to his mind that most school will end up be dismissed earlier. He was right as he arrived in front of Kyuhyun’s school to at least make sure whether the latter’s school got dismissed earlier too.

He didn’t get to see Kyuhyun for a week and that a little bit bothers him. He admits he actually misses the latter. They frequently spend their time inside the bus however for that week, Siwon constantly go to school earlier than usual and go home by car to go straight to the hospital.

“I brought this to school for a photo project… I didn’t know it’ll be useful for today.” Kyuhyun hands him the camera and start posing a peace in front of the Merry Go Round ride.”Ready?” Siwon positioned himself to take the picture and about to press the snap button when he remembers the first time he took a picture for Kyuhyun. He stood still and took a good look at Kyuhyun. Even to his surprise, he was captivated by him. Kyuhyun scolded him for taking too long. It was about two weeks after they become friends.

And now, the same thing is happening again. It was like a déjà vu. The moment when Kyuhyun asked him a favor to take his picture, he is once again captivated by his sight. He’s not sure why he feels that way but he tries to shrug them off by clicking the snap button. Kyuhyun approached him and take the camera back. “What took you long? Did you get a good shot?”

“I waited for the ride to slow down… So it didn’t blur the background…” Siwon reasoned. “Just take a look.”

“Hmmm…” Kyuhyun smiled. “It’s good. Want your picture taken too?”

“I—“

“Nope, I’m not allowing that.” Kyuhyun pulls Siwon’s arm and place him exactly in the same position. “My friend, you’re in a good look today. It’s a waste if you didn’t have your picture taken.” Siwon accidentally huffs a smile, did Kyuhyun just complimented him? If only Kyuhyun realize that himself is in a good look too. “Keep smiling that way. Don’t move.”

Snap.

Siwon turned back as he heard joy screams from the ride behind him. When he and Kyuhyun arrived in the amusement park, it took him a second to realize that he’s really in the world outside. They’re here for almost three hours already, with Kyuhyun dragging him to lots of rides, including roller coasters. The one he actually had been anticipating for. Unlike his expectation, it wasn’t as scary as he thought. Well, what he saw on the television was actually quite daunting. Until the sixth coaster ride, Kyuhyun kept clinging on him. It was truly an adorable sight. Nevertheless, they had fun. He had fun. Most importantly, Kyuhyun had fun. Kyuhyun almost enjoying all the rides supposedly like five years old boy gives him warmth.

“It’s good refreshment before the exam.” Next thing he knows Kyuhyun is already standing beside him. “Thanks to you I had fun today.”

“No…” Siwon paused. “I should be the one saying that.”

“We’re even!”

Siwon was glad that he met him.

“What we should play again…?” Kyuhyun pouts, “Shall we ride another coaster?”

“It’s getting late…you still want to play rides?” Siwon ruffles Kyuhyun’s hair.

“Don’t mess my hair!” Kyuhyun groaned, fixes his hair and jokes. “I said I’ll give them for your birthday!”

“What? You really want to cut your hair for my birthday?” Siwon widened his eyes as he smiled. He then ruffles the boy’s hair even messier until Kyuhyun backed away. “Don’t run.” By that Kyuhyun sticks his tongue at him.

“Not until you stop making my hair a mess!” Kyuhyun fired before running away from him. Smiling, Siwon follows where Kyuhyun leads him to. They bumped the people in the crowds but they care less. The world is currently theirs.

That is all matters.

Running until they’re outside the amusement park area, Siwon managed to catch Kyuhyun’s arms when they got inside the bus and take their usual seat place. They catch their breaths and laugh together for their silly yet childish moment. “It’s been a while since I had a sprint!” Kyuhyun heaves a breath.

“Good for you.” Siwon heaves a breath too, smiling he ruffles Kyuhyun’s hair again.

“You just won’t stop, will you?” Kyuhyun playfully punch him on the shoulder.

“Your hair is getting longer.” Siwon reminds.

Kyuhyun make his long hair to be between his ears. He’s not telling the latter to cut them. He actually looks quite good with that hair. Kyuhyun looks down to his feet as he plays with his finger nails. Siwon fortunately didn’t miss the blush on Kyuhyun’s cheek. Every time he found Kyuhyun blushing, he always finds them adorable. However, behind that blush he could still see the fight mark between his cheeks and eyes.

“What happened?” Siwon asked.

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun tilts his head.

“You were in trouble last week, weren’t you?”

“…”

“I saw you at the café last week.” Siwon said, “You almost left your cap in the restroom.”

After a brief moment of tense, Kyuhyun smiled. But for Siwon it wasn’t the usual smile that Kyuhyun has. “That was nothing. It was just a misunderstanding. Nothing much really happened but I really receive these…” Kyuhyun touches his bruise mark and fingers slowly move to the side of his lips. “I got it here too. It’s stings.”

“…”

“Now I know how you felt when that drunkard punched you.” Kyuhyun releases a sorry grin.

As someone who pretty much often got into fights in the past, those bruises are almost nothing. However it concerns him because the bruises appear on Kyuhyun’s face, not his. Siwon got into fights almost a lot during his middle school times. Of course, the fight happened not because he wanted it to happen. Like Kyuhyun said, it just happened that way. It was a coincidental situation that he had to do it. Mr. Choi was likely the one who got disappointed whenever he got news that his son made another trouble at school. But every time it happened it got solved pretty quickly due to their close relationship as father and son.

“But…You…knew it was me…” Kyuhyun ducks his head and play with his nails. Siwon knows that habit best since his brother got the same habit too whenever he’s nervous or deep in thought. “Sorry that I pretended not to know you.”

“I never mind that.” Siwon sighs, “But, promise me you won’t get involved into fights anymore.”

“I was protecting my friend! But it wasn’t like I wanted to fight! I didn’t punch that guy even—“ Kyuhyun stopped as Siwon stared at him intently. “Even once….”

“Promise me.”

Kyuhyun glances at Siwon and give his pinky. “P-promise…”

“Pinky swear? Are you a kid?” Siwon gives a soft laugh as soft as wind and but still intertwine his pinky with Kyuhyun’s.

Kyuhyun closes his eyes and leans his head on the window. “I’m gonna sleep. Wake me up when the bus arrived at my bus stop.” Siwon gives a hum as a yes as he stared at the boy. It was not long after Kyuhyun was asleep, it somehow reminded him when the first time he bumped his head hard on the window when he was asleep at the bus. It may not hurt a lot but it gives him a throb inside his head. If Kyuhyun were to experience that, he is sure the latter would not like it. Slowly his hand reaches the other side of Kyuhyun’s head and gently rests it on his shoulder, careful not to wake him up. Even though he could hear the bus’s engine, he could still hear the sound of Kyuhyun’s soft breathing. It was soft yet audible that made him drowsy. Before he gradually closes his eyes, he smiles as he took a peek of Kyuhyun’s sleeping face.

Serene yet mesmerizing, that within second he’s starting to drift away from the reality.

They woke up right after the bus arrived at Kyuhyun’s bus stop. Kyuhyun said his farewell to Siwon before getting off from the bus, however he didn’t expect Siwon to follow him off behind. Siwon huffs a smile and gives Kyuhyun a light smack in the back, they walk side by side quietly without any chatter. The silent moment where both know they need each other presence. Even though they know each other not from long ago, they are two best friends who are willing to stay by each other’s side, to give comfort, warmth and care for each other.

“You can just go home, you know that right? Why did you follow me….” Kyuhyun sighs as he halts his steps which Siwon followed. Despite what he said he’s actually happy that Siwon walked him home again.

“We just saw another drunkard, didn’t we? Go in now, it’s getting cold outside.” Siwon defended which made Kyuhyun look away.

“Thanks for walking me home, buddy.” Kyuhyun pat Siwon on the arm. “Next time I should walk you home too—“His speech got halts as he saw his brother walking towards the house with his head down. “Hyung!”

Kyuhyun waves at his brother and the other look ahead from the call, “Kyuhyun ah.”

“You’re home pretty early hyung.” There’s this puzzlement from Kyuhyun’s tone. Siwon didn’t really look at Kyuhyun’s brother properly since he knows obviously his brother will look a lot like him. He gives Ryeowook a short bow before giving him a proper look.

“I should be the one saying that.” Ryeowook smiled tiredly and give the guy beside Kyuhyun a look. 

“Hyung, this is Choi Siwon.” Kyuhyun introduced and Siwon bows shortly again to introduce himself.

“Choi...Siwon?” Firstly he got a strange look from Ryeowook but not a second his face lit up with a bright smile. “I’m Cho Ryeowook, Kyu’s only big brother! It’s nice to finally meet you. Kyu told me lots about you! By the way, we shouldn’t stand here any longer, let’s go inside!” Ryeowook cheered.

Ryeowook said that Kyuhyun had always spoken of him. He wondered what kind of things Kyuhyun talked about.

With that offer Siwon had no choice but to follow what Kyuhyun brother said. He could say no more when he finally gets to be inside Kyuhyun’s house. The house wasn’t as big as his but its fondly cozy and has the warmth under the surface. Not to mention it’s almost winter, the temperature apparently to diminish by days. “Hyung...is always fond of guests.” Kyuhyun shrugs and smiles. “Take a sit. I’m going change for a while. I’ll be back.” Siwon gives a slight nod and look around the house. Somehow the house that he’s in right now reminds him of the small house that his family owns near the forest. There are photographs hanged on the wall. Also in the side of the living room there are small white and red couches and TV under small round carpeted floor. There isn’t much furniture in the house which makes it look cozier.

“Is tea okay?” Ryeowook appeared place the teas on top of the table.

“Yes.” Siwon nods. “Thank you…”

“Take a sit.” Ryeowook said as he takes a sit on the red couch. Siwon take his seat on the white couch with his bag placed beside him. “Please make yourself comfortable. Just think of this place as your own house, if you’d like.”

“…” Siwon nods slightly and Ryeowook stared at him.

“So…Choi Siwon…How old are you?” Ryeowook asked.

“Seventeen…”

“Ahh…You’re the same age as Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook smiled, “No wonder you both got along really well. Thank you for being friends with Kyuhyun. He may be stubborn sometimes, but please take care of him.” Siwon couldn’t help but to stare at him too. The guy has this reddish brown hair and sharp cheekbones, plus he has the similar eye color as Kyuhyun which is brown. Siwon give the cup of tea a sip before giving Ryeowook a reply.

“Yes...” Siwon paused, what should he call him? “Ryeowook-ssi…?”

“Aish…You may call me hyung.” Ryeowook grins. “ ‘Ryeowook-ssi’ sounds very formal. I’m not that old yet.”

“Yes… hyung.”

“Better!” Ryeowook said before standing up to leave for kitchen. “Let’s talk again later! Have you eaten yet? If you haven’t then you should stay. I’m going to cook for dinner, is it okay if I leave you? Kyuhyun will be here soon. Make yourself comfortable, Siwon.”

The more he stared at him the more he realized something. After Ryeowook leave his sight, Siwon broke the eye contact and furrowed his eyebrows. No matter how he tries, he couldn’t let go or easily shrug off the familiar feeling. Ryeowook doesn’t look like someone he just met. There’s no doubt, he had seen the man before.

“But where…” Siwon murmured.

He could be a random person he met on the streets.

“Boo!” A loud voice behind him made him flinch in place. Kyuhyun jumped and sit beside Siwon while having a good moment of laughing. “What’s wrong with you? Why were you so surprised?! That’s so not like you!!” Siwon grunts and give Kyuhyun’s stomach pokes that results the latter to laugh even louder.

“Kyuhyun ah, you don’t want to disturb the neighbors!” Ryeowook yelled from the kitchen.

“Alright, alright hyung!” Kyuhyun yelled back. “You started it Siwon.”

“Me?” Siwon asked in disbelieve and Kyuhyun pick a cushion to embrace. “Cho Kyuhyun, you’re like this even when you’re at home…” Regardless of what he said, he likes it when he gets to see the childish side of his friend.

“I guess I’m just in a good mood today.” Kyuhyun shrugs and sips the cup beside Siwon’s. Suddenly the latter releases a small gasps. “I nearly forgot… Siwon…Weren’t you supposed to visit your father today? How…Your family might be waiting for you there…Especially your father… Do you want to go back now?” He should be at the hospital by now, now that Kyuhyun mentioned such. Heechul might not be there and so his mother. But Jiwon and the house maid would be there, and then he shouldn’t worry much. And there is Kyuhyun who’s worried about his father. “It’s okay if you can’t stay for dinner.”

“I’ll stay.” Siwon stated.

“Really?” Kyuhyun beamed, he has sparkles on his eyes which made Siwon smile. His smile has always been contagious to him. They talk and talk like they always did in the bus. They didn’t see each other for a week and both share stories about whatever had happened during that one week. It’s as if they hadn’t seen each other for years. The two figures acted as if they’re already friends for eternity. Purely, no things or no one could bother their existence. They said people couldn’t perceive time when they’re with someone who they’re comfortable with. It is now happening to the two innocent boys. They were yet able to think that soon time has the ability to arrange for one’s separation.

Siwon and Kyuhyun stopped their talks when Ryeowook called for a dinner.

“Surprised?” Kyuhyun stated when he noticed the taken aback expression from Siwon’s face. “Wookie hyung is the house’s chef. He’s a good cook.”

“There isn’t much that I can prepare.” Ryeowook said, “Kyu, tell me the next time you bring someone.”

“It’s not like I always do this…” Kyuhyun defended.

“Save the talk for later, let’s eat!”

The three have their dinner together. It has been a while since Siwon get to feel a lively dinner ambiance. A lively meal without having to talk about business is somewhat one of the things that he yearns. After the dinner Siwon thanked for the meal and he offered to wash the dishes which Ryeowook and Kyuhyun declined numerous times that result a small argument between the brothers. But in the end Siwon sorts them out as he knows what siblings fight feels like and he managed to wash the dishes alone and clean the plates and bowls and put them in order. He leaves the kitchen and exits to the living room, surprisingly he found Kyuhyun already sleeping soundly on the red couch.

Ryeowook shook his head, smiling serenely at the sleeping Kyuhyun. “He’s always like this. Sleeping everywhere he finds it comfortable.”

Ryeowook positioned himself to carry Kyuhyun. “Care to help me bring this boy to his room?” But instead of helping Ryeowook, he carries Kyuhyun himself in bridal style and brings him to his room, placing the boy gently on the white bed. He didn’t forget to tuck a blanket for Kyuhyun. He stands still and watches the boy sleeping. Subconsciously he bent himself when his fingers reach out to move the strands of bangs that almost covered Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“Why do you always make people worry…” Siwon murmurs. Whenever he’s around Kyuhyun there always exist the feeling of fondness, to protect and the fear of loosing. He could never deny them, no matter how much he tried. Peculiarly, he feels his heart beating fast again, the feeling that always appears on certain times whenever he’s around Kyuhyun. He lets out a small smile and stands still.

When he realized what he was doing he turns around, walking out of the room. He sees Ryeowook standing looking at their direction. Probably Ryeowook saw what he just did. However, the man acts as if he sees nothing.

“Is he really sleeping?” Ryeowook asked and Siwon nods.

“I need to leave now.” Siwon take his bag in hand.

“Alright.” Ryeowook said and Siwon walk towards the door. “I didn’t have the chance to ask this earlier but… You are the son of LT Food’s owner, right?” The statement made Siwon halt. It was never a surprise to him for other people knowing his family background. Everyone from his school knows where he came from and he doesn’t really mind about it. He never made any appearance on the television either, excluding his sister and his older brother. Even if he had the chance to, he would refuse. People must’ve talk things about his family since they likely to treat them as if they’re the highest class of society which doesn’t really give him much interest in involving himself. It made sense that his existence reaches publicly. “I guess I don’t really need to remind you this but…They recorded your footage when you went to the hospital. It was leaked on the news.”

“Yes.” Siwon answered in monotone. At much he prefers people to know him not from that point. “I’m not aware of that.”

“It’s my two years now, for that company.” Ryeowook said.

“Is that so…” Siwon trails. That was a little bit unexpected to know that Kyuhyun’s brother is working for his family's company.

“Is your father doing well now?” Ryeowook calmly asked and Siwon turned around. The way Ryeowook asked about his father made him quite taken aback. It was the first time he heard such concern tone from the older. The look from the older tells him that he’s anticipating for an answer. Siwon thought what kind of answer that suits the person who he barely knows, asking how his father was doing.

“My father is…doing well now.” Siwon states and he didn’t miss the slight change of Ryeowook’s expression.

“Alright.” Ryeowook hugs himself and smiles, “Sorry for that. I think you should go home now. Don’t hesitate to pay another visit, take care.”

“Yes.” Siwon said shortly before leaving, the door behind him closed. He opened the gate and completely leaves Kyuhyun’s house area. Suddenly, a car halts beside him, making him halt his steps. The driver gets off from the car and approaches Siwon before bowing. “Mr. Choi wants to see you in the hospital.” Driver Kim said and Siwon immediately get inside the car. When the driver got in too and closed the door, he starts to drive away.

“Did father really send you here to fetch me?”

“Yes of course.” Driver Kim convinced, “Mr. Choi really wanted to see you so he told me to fetch you.”

“How did you know I was there?”

“I fetched you at five evening at school. I waited then I was informed by the school guards that the students were dismissed earlier this afternoon.” At that exact time he was still in the amusement park with Kyuhyun. “But when I was on my way back to the hospital I saw young master walking with someone and I decided to follow you…But…Pardon me asking… Is that a friend’s house young master?”

Siwon half smiled, “Why?”

“This is the first time I see you play at a friend’s house, aside from young lady Jessica.” Driver Kim’s tone depicted that he’s happy to hear the good news. “Well then…The next time if you want to visit your friend’s house again, I could take young master there anytime.”

 

There lived two brothers as a family. One seemingly to be the hardworking one and the other one is a high school student. What he witness today is a short glimpse of Kyuhyun’s daily life. Even though it was just a glimpse, they already accepted him and he feels as if he’s already part of them.