Past Chapter 19

Passerby

Just like everyone expected – except Jiwon – the breakfast went awkward. Kyuhyun slowly eats his meal like a turtle does which was unlikely of him, Siwon kept glancing on Kyuhyun while giving him a soft smile because somehow he looked tensed, Heechul who endlessly clenched his jaw in every bite of food was evident in everyone eyes except Ryeowook who had his head down during the entire meal.

On the other side Jungsoo enjoyed his meal to the fullest since being invited for a breakfast by the company’s president was quite a rare opportunity – even though he’s his right hand – at the same time seeing everyone in a quiet mode was somehow an entertaining morning show.

After the silent breakfast everyone went on their separate ways when Siwon’s father signaled Kyuhyun to follow him to his office. He offered Kyuhyun to sit on the couch before him and the maid was fast enough to serve them warm cup of chamomile tea.

“You must be Cho Kyuhyun.” The man smiled, offering for a handshake. “I’m Choi Jaehwan, the father of my three kids that you probably know well already. Feel free to call me whatever you’re comfortable with.”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun reluctantly accepted the handshake. “President?”

“Oh wow, it’s not like you’re working in my company but well, why not!” Jaehwan chuckled and Kyuhyun just smiled. That just ceased the tension between them.

“How is your health, president? Are you feeling better now?”

Jaehwan sipped the tea, surprised by the question from the boy he just met. “My health?”

Kyuhyun scratched the back of his neck. He’s not sure whether to bring it up. “Siwon told me about the accident…”

“Siwon did?” Jaehwan smiled wider. “I’m feeling much better by days. Thank you for your concern, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“No problem, I’m glad to hear that.” Kyuhyun smiled back.

“I apologized if I surprised you earlier. I told Jungsoo to bring you here.”

“May I know the reason?” Kyuhyun asked in hesitant, nervously playing with his fingers on his lap. Also, he wants to know the reason why his brother was there too. Could it be that the president knows about his relationship with Siwon? Did Siwon told his father about it? Is he going to tell him to break up with Siwon for Jessica? No, if that’s the motive he’s definetly not prepared for it.

“Siwon.”

Oh no.

“Last time Heechul told me Siwon got a new friend. I’ve seen Siwon’s changes lately. He’s been in a bright mood lately and opening up to me more than before. I wonder if it’s because he have you. To be honest, Siwon haven’t told me about you so I’ve been waiting for him to tell me but that doesn’t really matter anymore. As a father seeing my son happy makes me happy, it is more than enough. This is the first time I heard him having friend. Last dinner he also said he made more friends which I’d like to assume they’re yours too. So I thought I owe you something. Tell me Kyuhyun-ssi, is there anything you want?”

With that, Kyuhyun instantly blushed. He hides them by looking away, hoping that it won’t be too transparent.

“No! Y-you don’t owe me anything, sir.”

“Alright if you say so, maybe not now.” Jaehwan nodded while smiling. “But the next time you need anything you can just ask me. By anything I mean, anything you want.”

Kyuhyun emptied the tea then pouted, contemplating what he really wanted. He doesn’t know what he really wants but just having Siwon by his side is more than enough. As simple as having love and warmth they both share could cover up the fewer things they felt. He grins at the thought, subconsciously giving thumbs up to the man. They both laughed by his sudden ridiculous gesture and a maid came into the office, refilling their empty tea cups.

“There’s another reason why I brought you here Kyuhyun-ssi. Not only because of my son but I’d like to apologize in behalf of my wife and wanted to confirm something as well.” Kyuhyun slightly widened his eyes. He never met Siwon’s mother before so what does she have to do with him? While waiting for Jaehwan to continue, he sips the newly filled cup. The liquid tastes warmer than before, it somewhat stings his cat-tongue.

The next thing he knows photos of him and Siwon spending time together before and after they became lovers is on the marble table before them. Kyuhyun slowly placed back the drink while looking intently at them. Some showed the moment when they laughed, whispering at each other, walking and sitting side by side while looking at each other lovingly and last of all, when they kissed.

No doubt, someone had been stalking them the entire time.

“It’s clear my wife assigned someone to follow you both.” Jaehwan admitted with a sigh, “I’m sorry about that, please forgive her. I never thought she would do something this humiliating. “

Kyuhyun clenched his fist. Why? He had the urge to ask but the question stuck in his throat.

“Whatever reason she has there, one thing I know she just wanted to know the nearest person her son’s with. I thought you’re Siwon’s friend but the pictures explained differently…”

The clench on his first loosened before he sighed in attempt of calming himself. He’s extremely nervous. Nothing can compare that to anything he ever felt before. Adding to that one moment when the pictures clearly depict how they felt towards each other, the fear grows drastically.

“I’d like to confirm your relationship with Siwon. Tell me the truth, what are you guys?”

Countless of what if’s appeared on his mind however it seemed like Jaehwan’s question mean no harm at all. That calm expression somehow assured him. It wasn’t the kind that would turn down something, it wasn’t rage, and it was more like understanding. Heaving his most sincere smile before parting his lips, he thought he saw a peculiar glint from the other eyes yet brushed the off when his love one came to his mind.

 

“We are lovers.”

 

Once Kyuhyun stood outside the office staring at the blank space thinking what he had done suddenly a hand pulled his arm. “Si-Siwon ah!” Siwon said nothing as he pulled Kyuhyun to his room. Closing the door and lay Kyuhyun down on his bed, he kissed him deeply right after like there’s no tomorrow.

A pleasant surprise that was, Kyuhyun closed his eyes as he gratefully replied the kiss. Siwon his lower lip while Kyuhyun take that chance to part his lips then insert his tongue in him. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his lover’s neck, not wanting to let go of this intimate moment. As their tongue fight for dominance, a loud moan escaped from his lips as Siwon slipped his hand under his clothing, making him break the kiss right away and covered his lips in embarrassment.

Siwon chuckled at his adorable lover. He loved teasing him. Aside from deep kissing and touching, both never crossed the line. Not yet. Both agreed doing it when they’re completely ready. He then ruffles Kyuhyun’s hair messily and removing those hands that covered the kissable plump lips. He pecks his lips and engulfs him in his warm embrace.

Siwon’s scent was always alluring and soothing. That’s one of the reasons why Kyuhyun like hugging him. They don’t know how long they stayed like that but Kyuhyun started drifting away.

“Hey, you’ll hurt your back if you’re hugging me like this. Come on, get up.” Kyuhyun pat his lover’s back gently but Siwon on top still refused moving an inch despite what he said was right, his back starts hurting. “Choi Siwon.”

“What?”

“Siwon ah…”

“Stop it.”

“Siwonnie, get up.”

“No.”

“Won ah, please.”

“Hmm.”

“Wonnie ah.” Kyuhyun fondly called, smiling secretly. “Don’t make me call you ‘honey’.” Siwon then drop his body beside Kyuhyun. “Silly, miss me that much? We see each other yesterday.”

“Can’t help it, I’m missing you everyday. Let’s live together after we graduate.” Siwon turned his face to Kyuhyun. “Let’s do that. We can see each other more often and spend more time together. Like this.”

Kyuhyun blushed and starts drawing imaginary circles on Siwon’s chest. “I can already imagine how good it would be. Living together huh… Living together… That means we have a lot ahead to anticipate.” Siwon smiles after hearing that from his lover, giving him another embrace. Hugging Kyuhyun has been a decent habit. He could do that a hundred times a day.

No, maybe thousands.

Kyuhyun snuggled closer to Siwon, as if something would separate them. Being close like that he could hear his heartbeat that’s beating for him. It rhymes beautifully in his ear, like a lullaby specially made for him.

“There’s something I want to tell. But please don’t be mad.”

“I won’t, even if you cheat on me.”

“Yah!” Kyuhyun gasps then chuckle softly. “No way. You’re unbelievable.”

“If that really happens then I will make you fall for me again.”

“If it doesn’t work?”

“Then I’ll try harder.”

Kyuhyun faked a sigh, removing himself from Siwon’s into sitting position. Siwon follows with a frown making Kyuhyun smirk, bringing his hands to cup Siwon’s cheek and peck those bow shaped lips. “You’re more than enough for me, silly. It’s about earlier when your dad called me to his office.” He looked down while biting his lower lip,

“I told him that we are lovers.”

“What? Really?” Siwon raised an eyebrow, “How?”

“It’s the pi…” Should he tell Siwon about the pictures that his mother has? What if he tells Siwon and it leads to a fight between mother and son? No. Obviously he doesn’t want that. “Your dad just happened to ask about us.”

“Us? How did he know? We didn’t even greet each other or talk in front of him today. I haven’t told him about you either. Also…” Siwon paused, remembering the sudden encounter with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook in his house. “Why are you here? Ryeowook hyung too…”

Oh right.

“Heechul hyung.” Kyuhyun remembered. “He told your father about me. The reason why I’m here today is because your dad invited me regarding us but I don’t have any idea why my brother is here. It might made sense if he’s here because of us too. I haven’t talk to him lately. I guess we’re not in good terms.”

“Is that why you guys didn’t talk a bit today?” Siwon asked and Kyuhyun smiled sadly at the thought, “You guys will get over it soon.”

“I hope so.”

“So Heechul hyung ended up the first to tell...”

“I know, I’m reckless.” Kyuhyun pouted. Siwon shook his head, smiling then kissed the pouty lips. He also kissed Kyuhyun’s forehead before ruffling those soft baby-brown hair and comfortably laying his head down on his lover’s lap.

“What did dad say about us?”

“Hmm…nothing in particular. He just nodded and told me to go back.” Kyuhyun smiles as he caressed the strands of Siwon’s hair. “This is the first time I met your dad. He seems like a very honest and good person. I don’t think he’s against us, Siwon ah. He didn’t look mad either. That seems like a good sign and I think he wants to hear it from his own son too. Honestly, I’m quite happy. Go tell him later, okay?”

“Alright. I’ll tell him later.” Siwon closed his eyes, smiling. He liked the feeling whenever Kyuhyun caress his hair. It feels like in a dreamland where there’s only him and Kyuhyun. “I’m really proud of you. That’s really brave, thank you Kyu.”

 

“Where’s my brother?”

Ryeowook asked as he followed Heechul to Siwon’s room. Heechul opened the door and both saw their brothers sleeping on the bed, facing each other looking at ease by each other’s presence. Their fingers are locked and legs tangled, their chest heaving up and down peacefully. They wanted to tell them it’s time for Kyuhyun to go home but don’t have the heart to.

The supposedly brothers looked so innocent – not knowing what lies ahead of them. In the future their separation is inevitable, both Ryeowook and Heechul know that well.

“He should stay.”

“I’d like Kyuhyun to stay but that’s impossible.”

“I don’t wish for this to happen again.”

“Let’s see about that.”

One day when that happens will they have the strength to keep them by each other – to have them safe behind their backs?

“Heechul…”

“What?”

“Is this because I didn’t hide him too well?” Ryeowook said absentmindedly, his solemn eyes landed on Kyuhyun then Siwon. “Or is it because they crossed path? That’s something I should’ve kept in mind since a long time ago.”

“Are you scared?”

“For them, I am.”

“You’re not alone.” Heechul said as he starts to carry Kyuhyun in bridal style, walking out of door after sparing his brother a glance. They walk towards the lobby where Jungsoo is waiting beside the black car, its passenger door opened wide. With that Heechul easily place Kyuhyun carefully in the back seat.

“How’s it?” Jungsoo commented with a bright smile. Whether it’s a mock or not –It’s apparent as if he’s looking forward for the same entertainment in the future. Even so they could see the glint of sympathy from him. “Ryeowook ah, sorry about that. It was a sudden order from president.”

“At the same time you want this.” Ryeowook said. “You were glad –“

“I am.” Jungsoo said, still smiling. Heechul narrowed his eyes at him. “So there won’t be any much trouble for them. If they know earlier there won’t be anymore conflicts.”

“My … It’s been there before they met.” Heechul scoffed. “You knew?”

“Pardon the late introduction –”

“Shut it. I know who you are.”

Jungsoo bowed, “I’m president Choi and Ryeowook’s right hand, assigned by the president himself and personally, a friend.”

“Jungsoo hyung knows everything.”

“Who knows he’s the madam’s pet.” Heechul glared at Jungsoo. “She has more than twenty. He could be one of them.”

“Don’t worry. He’s been with me half of my life.” Ryeowook smiled, now seated beside the sleeping Kyuhyun. “Hyung, let’s go.”

Heechul made a sour face and yelled, “I’m not worried!”

After arriving at the Cho house, Jungsoo carried the younger on his back to the couch in the living room with Ryeowook trailing behind them silently. He offered the older for a drink which was refused with a reason he had to continue his work for the day.

Ryeowook sends him off, closing the door when he no longer sees the tall. How much he’d like to stay still, run or perhaps better – hide. What words could he use to explain these to Kyuhyun? His brother’s shocked face is still implanted on his mind.

If Ryeowook knew he would do anything to stop them from meeting together, the same goes for Heechul. That would be the best option he could think of to prevent unwanted problems. But now that Siwon and Kyuhyun are together, there’s no way he’d snatch their happiness. For whatever happen, he’d want to maintain Kyuhyun happiness, if he could.

Ryeowook kneels down in front of the sleeping Kyuhyun and caresses his cheek.

I’m sorry for hiding it from you but I know how Madam Choi is. The president might accept your relationship with his son but not her. I don’t want you hurt. I have to keep you stay away from her sight, Kyu. She will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, even if it cost a life.

 

I’m not loosing you like how we lost our mother.

 

Young Ah sat in front of her husband, hands in fist rested on her lap. One of her right hand just reported what happened this morning. She didn’t expect her husband’s attempt to cross the line of her patient.

“You promised…”

Jaehwan flips his newspaper in hand. His face half covered by it. “I promised not to ever bring Seojin up again, but I never promised neglecting her children.” Just hearing that name made her blood boils. “If I had told you what I’d do you would oppose. Not only Seojin’s but they are my children too. I have the right to make them stand in this place. Besides, everyone knows each other well already. It’s making things easier for the two boys to in the future to adapt more in this family before I put them in our family registration.”

Young Ah gasps, feeling her chest tighten in fury. “Are you out of your mind?! Family registration? I can’t believe this…”

“Young Ah.” Jaehwan places down his newspaper. “They are my children. My blood runs in them.”

“Then I suppose you know about our Siwon’s relationship with Cho Kyuhyun. What are you going to do about that, honey?” Young Ah straightens her posture, flipping her gorgeous long hair to the side. “Obviously… Everything would change after you put the Chos in our family registration. You have to separate them. What would others say about siblings in relationship? You’re my husband whom I always know as a very wise person. I hope you know such is a taboo.” She smirks mentally, satisfied at the reaction she gets. Jaehwan looked wavered, perhaps at the thought of soon-to-be family taboo.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t had a thought about that?”

“I… have.” Jaehwan sighed. “That’s what I’m thinking now. Separating them is a hard decision, Young Ah. The two have their happiness in each other. It’s hard. Siwon has a good change in him ever since they have each other’s side.”

Young Ah stands, moving towards her husband and cups his face.

“Siwon is the heir of our family. Think what’s best for us, for everyone.”

She’d like to see what Jaehwan is capable of in this situation. However, her thin line of patience made her realize Jaehwan prioritizes Siwon’s happiness, more than her, the family and its image. Ever since the Cho kept on mounting from the depth of the ocean, the fury within her rises.

 

If Jaehwan hardly do a thing about it, she will go on with her plan.

 

Anything that goes in her way will burn into ashes.