Past Chapter 05

Passerby

Jessica suddenly wakes up as she heard noisy voices coming from downstairs. She then removes herself from the bed and went downstairs as she’s curious what those noises all about. It was really noisy that it made her wake up from her deep sleep. When the time her feet landed on the floor, the noise stopped which made her quite taken aback.

“Move, you’re standing in my way.” Heechul said as he glared at her before walk passed her and purposely bump their shoulder which made Jessica to scoff. “There’s a guest downstairs.” Jessica raised her eyebrows. Who would want to be a guest in the middle of the night? Her feet finally touch the floor and she walks into the living room and found two figure seated side by side.

What stunned her was, the figure who had its head rested on Siwon’s shoulder was no other than Kyuhyun. It was person that made Siwon smile after he came home from school and the person behind her Siwon’s sincere smile, Cho Kyuhyun. It hasn’t been an entire week of getting used to have Kyuhyun’s presence in her world yet she could already feel her world is going to crumble soon. It also reminded her exact reason of transferring school was because of Kyuhyun.

She wanted to know what kind of person he is that could make her Siwon smile.

When the first time she saw them together, she thought they were only friends. But for Jessica, it seemed more than that.

Just what is the thing that Kyuhyun have that she doesn’t? Instantly filled with acute jealousy, Jessica gripped her fist tightly as she tried to cover her frown with a fake smile. “Omo who do we have here? Why is Kyuhyun here?”

“You know him?”

Jessica smiled and takes a seat on their opposite side, “Of course I know him oppa. He’s my new classmate and, my new friend. Oh and I haven’t told you about the public school! It was a really nice school, everyone is really friendly. I never thought it was more fun than being in private school.”

“Good for you.” Siwon sighed. “Your father is still concerned …Maybe you should talk to him again about it.”

“It’s okay oppa. I just want to search for new experience. Besides, it’s quite boring in Sung Hyun. I’m sure father will understand! But…Is Kyuhyun okay? He looked pale. There’s another guest room right? He could sleep there.” Jessica pretended to be worried. “But…I never thought Kyuhyun is your friend too. How did you two know each other? Such a small world we lived in.” Her eyes traits Siwon’s action of putting Kyuhyun to sleep on the sofa with comfortable position, placing Kyuhyun’s head on the soft pillow and putting on blankets for him. It was such a warm and caring scene, maybe for other people but not for Jessica.

She is completely filled with disgust and jealousy. “His friends will be here to fetch him soon.”

“I see.” Jessica murmured. “This is something new oppa… you never bought a friend before.”

The sentence from her made Siwon smile while looking at Kyuhyun, “Is that so? I guess you’re right.”

“How did you become friends with him?” Jessica asked, feeling more jealous as the sleeping Kyuhyun received a smile from Siwon.

“It just happened.” Siwon simply said.

“Your mother and father will be thrilled to hear about you having a new friend.” Jessica said, smiling.

Siwon half chuckled, “Really? Do you think I should introduce him to them?”

Surely, Jessica was fully taken aback. Probably she shouldn’t have said that. Kyuhyun is just Siwon’s friend, why bother to introduce Kyuhyun to his parents? They aren’t even dating. Jessica crossed her arms, shrugging. “I don’t know. What do you think? Siwon oppa’s friend is also my friend.” Just by talking like this to the guy she likes made her happy. However, talking about Kyuhyun was not her thing. Despite that, she would bring up more topics about Kyuhyun just to talk more with Siwon. “So…Why not? I think it’s a good idea, don’t you think oppa?”

The next morning as Jessica walked to the kitchen she found Kyuhyun seated on the sofa where he slept on. Erasing her frown and masking it with a smile, Jessica made her way to Kyuhyun by poking him on the shoulder, making the boy surprised.

“J-Jessica-ssi?” Jessica smirked. Of course Kyuhyun would be surprised.

“You don’t need to be surprised and, erase the formalities. I thought we’re friends.” Jessica said, smiling. “Simply to explain…Siwon oppa and I are childhood friends. Our parents are currently working overseas for a few days. That is why I’m here including…Siwon oppa, Heechul oppa and Jiwon .”

“Uhm…Jessica—“

“But! I’m really surprised!! I never thought you and Siwon are friends!! Though I’m still surprised now …Now I feel like I’m in a movie’s plot twists.” Jessica giggled.

Kyuhyun stand and sighing as he smiled, “Where’s Siwon? I never thought you’re his friend too.” When Jessica sees his smile, she felt like erasing it. Kyuhyun may be good looking but her jealousy reminded her that his smile was nothing more than bothersome.

“Siwon oppa is still asleep. You want me to wake him up? Oh that reminds me…Kyuhyun, Siwon oppa said your friends would be here to fetch you…But I think they couldn’t find this house.”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, “I almost forgot…I think I have to go back to the site. They’ll be waiting for me—”

That was fast, to get rid of him from here. “Everybody isn’t awake yet…”

“Don’t wake him up for me. Say my thanks to Siwon and others, Jessica. Thank you.” Kyuhyun said in hurry before leaving from her sight. Jessica quickly erased her smile after saying goodbye to the boy. What a pain, Jessica thought. There wasn’t anything that interest Jessica of the boy. She hoped her time will not be wasted of getting to know more about the boy. Just what did Siwon like about him? Though Jessica wasn’t sure whether Siwon is really fond of him.

 

“I’m seeing it.” A voice suddenly appeared. Jessica turned her head towards the voice owner and suddenly plastered a smile on her face.

 

“Good morning Heechul oppa.”

“You don’t need to force those smile on me. Erase it.” Heechul rolled his eyes and Jessica right away erased her smile. “I’m going to say this for once…” He continued, “You loving Siwon, I get it. But, don’t do anything reckless.”

Jessica smirked, armed crossed. “That wasn’t a really pleasant thing to talk about in the morning.”

“Don’t make me repeat it.”

However, if her crush is fond of the boy, she wouldn’t let Siwon to have Kyuhyun, nor Kyuhyun to have Siwon, because if she couldn’t own Siwon then no one can.