Past Chapter 15

Passerby

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere…”

“Before you go, I have something to tell. Take your seat. “

Siwon obediently did as he was told by his mother,

“Attend the Shareholders Party tonight.”

It was supposedly a fine afternoon. Mrs. Choi placed the tea cup back on the small plate while Siwon just sat there exchanging glances with Heechul who accidentally heard in the midst of going downstairs. Siwon wanted to protest but the look on his mother’s eyes forbids. Upon hearing the invitation he wasn’t happy. He doesn’t like being involved with the family’s company since he has no interest with it. Why should he attend it when he doesn’t have an interest, not to mention he doesn’t have any share?

Before replying, Siwon got a signal from Heechul to continue, “Mother, shouldn’t that be hyung?”

“No. Heechul doesn’t need to do that.”

“Why? Hyung has the shares. Whenever father was on business trips, sometimes hyung was there too while I’m not. Hyung has more potential and he’s the oldest son of the family.” Siwon wholly knows Heechul doesn’t like to get involved with the LT Food Company. It seemed ironic that two boys from the family have no interest in becoming the successor of the company. But Heechul knows he’s the oldest and incredibly respects their father, with that reason he barely absents from business trips.

“Because you are the heir of this family, what is more to ask?” Mrs. Choi wasn’t pleased with her younger son’s curiosity. “Don’t forget, you will take Jessica there to the party as well. I ordered Mr. Kim to fetch you on time so don’t be late. I don’t want to hear any commotion.”

“What’s this have to do with Jessica?” Siwon secretly glance at Heechul to see the man is confused as well, more like frowning.

“She is the Jung family heir and holds half their company shares.” Mrs. Choi forced a smile, “Our companies will merge soon, and won’t it be nice to let people know that? I always advice you to get yourselves together since it might make things easier. Jessica is beautiful, she has manners as a young heir and we’ve known her for years, dear. Give it a chance. You never seemed to bother listening to your mother, and so does your brother. I wonder how you learn his nature.”

Company, shares and wealth are the reasons of his mother’s fondness of Jung family. Siwon wasn’t clueless, he is always aware of his mother’s plan to arrange him with Jessica. To get the company to merge with theirs is her goal. But that won’t ever work. Yes, they’ve known each other for years however for once he never have sentiments towards the girl, he treated and think of Jessica as another sister. He linked his hands suppressing his emotion, “I don’t have reason to go there, mother.”

“You do!” Mrs. Choi raised her tone. “The last news leaked you from the family. I won’t tolerate any more reporters making ludicrous assumptions! We will announce you as the heir of the family at the party.”

“I’m not going there, mother. I’m not getting involved with the company.” When Mrs. Choi takes something out from her purse, Siwon take his chance to see his brother’s reaction. Heechul gives him a smile and told him to go on.

“Jessica told me everything.” Mrs. Choi as she put what she held on the table. Siwon slightly widened his eyes at it and Mrs. Choi didn’t miss the waver from her son’s eyes, while Heechul knows what’s on the table and is about to take a step to the front but refrain himself. “Your new friend, you never told me about him. As a mother I feel left behind.”

“He has nothing to do with this.” Siwon said without doubt and frown.

“He does.” Mrs. Choi takes out more pictures. Starting from when he got off from the bus with Kyuhyun, when they spent time at the amusement park, also the time when he walks out from Kyuhyun’s house, the short time at the beach and the picture from two days ago when they hug each other. “From here I could see he’s not just a friend. Do you like him?”

“Mother—”

“This reminds me of your brother’s similar situation six years ago. Do you want to end up like him? Having no future and live shamelessly for the rest of your life?” Siwon noticed Heechul suddenly look down and use the wall as a support to stand still. “How could you be friends with a lowlife pest?

Siwon immediately stands up, “Mother that’s enough! Please don’t speak lightly of hyung and… Kyuhyun. He’s a friend that made me what I am today.”

Both figures were taken aback by the burst. They had never seen Siwon like that before. Heechul felt proud of his brother for standing up alone. Mrs. Choi felt rage growing within her but had to remind herself that she’s facing her own son, who soon she will use to obtain more wealth. She couldn’t wait for that time to come.

“Now excuse me. I’m taking my leave.” Siwon put his cap on and leave the place, not knowing that his father just arrived at the house and walk towards the living room where Mrs. Choi was seated. Heechul made his move to stand beside their mother.

“I guess I have to attend the party then.” Heechul distracts while glancing at the pictures scattered on the table. They were the same pictures he saw yesterday at Jessica’s house. After giving these pictures to their mother, he could somehow imagine what more the girl did. Yet, he felt sorry for Kyuhyun to be brought up today. The boy hasn’t done a thing wrong. If Kyuhyun will really get involved in the future, he feels the need to take part of protecting him. Kyuhyun is someone important to Siwon and because of that, Kyuhyun has become someone important to him as well.

Reminded by six years ago, he won’t let them experience the same thing.

“Also, I don’t think it’s the right time to announce Siwon as the heir.” Heechul reasoned, “Father would agree of my opinion.”

“I wouldn’t.” Mrs. Choi crossed her arms, looking to the main door when Siwon just left.

“I don’t want to be the heir but it looks like everyone from the big companies expects me to. After all, I’m the oldest son.” Heechul shrugs and saw his father walking towards them and give the man a warm embrace. “You’re here father.”

“I saw Siwon running out of the house, where is he going?” Mr. Choi sits on the place where Siwon sat.

“Who knows? That boy needs to cool things down.” Heechul replied.

Mrs. Choi sighs, “I told Siwon to attend the shareholders party but he refused to listen. That child is so stubborn…”

“He doesn’t need to attend, why should he? We hadn’t give Siwon a percent of the shares and he yet to have an interest with the company. Let’s not push our boy, he still have a head of him. Time will make him understand, honey.” Mr. Choi explains, “Heechul will attend the party tonight.”

“Yes, father.” Heechul nods, secretly smiles in victory.

Mrs. Choi only sips the cup of her tea until its empty and leaves her seat as she didn’t agree with her husband’s choice. “I’m going to choose the dress for tonight.”

“What are these?” Mr. Choi asked as his eyes scan the pictures on the table.

“Apparently Siwon got a new friend and mother wants to know all about it.” Heechul sits oppositely from his father, “Look at these, there’s plenty!”

“A new friend?”

“Yeah, a new friend and his first one.” Heechul nods eagerly, “I’m happy my brother finally got a friend. What’s more, they’ve been hanging a lot together now. I guess Siwon haven’t told you any of these yet? That brat….”

“That’s okay, you’re telling me now son.” Mr. Choi took one of them, a candid picture of Kyuhyun smiling at Siwon. “Is he good to Siwon?”

“Well, I’ve met him a few times and he’s all good to Siwon. That boy is really kind. I’m sure you will like him father. I treat him like a brother too.” Heechul said and Mr. Choi knit his eyebrows at the picture. “Even Jiwon is fond of him.”

“Oh…What’s his name?”

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Heechul blurts while didn’t miss the change of look from his father’s face. If his father knows Ryeowook, then he must’ve known Kyuhyun too. “He’s the same age as Siwon.” Mr. Choi drops the picture and takes off his eyeglasses, rubbing his eyes and wipes the glass with his cloth.

“What’s wrong father?”

“Nothing, a dust got in.” Mr. Choi smiles as he continues wiping, “Why don’t you prepare for tonight’s party?”

“Yes?” Did his father just distract him? “I guess I should…”

“Take your time to choose the right clothing.” Mr. Choi suggests. “This time, don’t stand out too much.”

“Yes, father.” Heechul stands and give his father a short bow before leaving to his room. He locks the door and takes his cell phone from the desk and chooses a number from contact list, making a call. He waits for the line behind to answer,

“Hello? Mr. Kim?” Heechul greets, “Yes I…I need you to do something for me.”

 

Kyuhyun secrete his squeals with the cushion that is covering half of his flushed face. People would’ve thought that he’s high when he’s not. He releases a heartfelt chuckle like a high school girl who just got a confession from someone she likes, except that he wasn’t. It was another different thing that made him happy.

With hair messy due to rolling on the bed but he careless, he’s all alone in the room admiring the cute small fluffy-like penguin doll placed like a museum object on the drawer. It was two days ago, the penguin doll was given by Siwon as a gift when they decided to pay the doll festival a visit. It was an offer from Siwon to visit one and Kyuhyun didn’t hesitate to accept since he specifically like dolls, penguin that is. As they were walking around Kyuhyun saw the adorable penguin doll and he just kept looking at it like a child wanted a candy badly. But never expect for Siwon to take a notice and bought him one. Nevertheless, he was happy that day and loves the gift and kept hugging it till he gets home.

Can Siwon stop making him happy? Otherwise he kept falling for him even more.

Out of blue he heard the house phone rings from the living room. He walks out of his room and takes the call only to hear nothing.

“Hello? This is Cho Kyuhyun speaking.” No answer. He decides to wait for the phone call to beep rather than the one closing the call since it’ be rude to do so. Despite not knowing who was calling, he doesn’t want the other line to answer after he closes the call when turns out it was the network that causes no noise. “Hello?” Finally there goes the beep.

“Strange.” Kyuhyun wonders. Suddenly he felt a heavy goose bumps travelling through his body. Somehow to his dislike, the scene was quite similar to horror movies. When the character got a phone call and there was nothing behind, but the next thing a ghostly looking woman with long hair appeared behind or out of nowhere there’s a knock from the front door. “Stop, don’t think nonsense. You’re alone Kyuhyun. No, you have your penguin…”

He thought he should go back to his room when he heard a doorbell. Already stopped on his track, he picks an umbrella and slowly walks towards the front door. Should he open the door? What if it’s a package for his brother? What if… it’s a thief? He needs to know. With umbrella in his hands ready to hit any possible bad outcomes, he slowly unlocks the door and screamed when he saw a tall figure in black cap.

“Thief!” Kyuhyun repeatedly screamed as he nonstop hits the figure on the shoulders and everywhere. “Help! There’s a thief!”

 

“Shh! Ouch, hey stop! I’m not a thief!”

 

Why his voice does sound familiar?

 

“So what are you?!” Kyuhyun points the umbrella towards him, “Were you the one who called this house before breaking in? Not a very smart move! If I were you I wouldn’t have done that… It wasn’t like I wanted to be one but— Go away. We have no things worth for you to steal.”

The figure sighs and takes off the cap, “It’s me, Siwon.”

“Si—won?” Kyuhyun drops the umbrella and frowns. “What are you doing…here?”

“I’ll explain but first, let me in.” Siwon touched his pained shoulder from Kyuhyun’s attack. He couldn’t believe the latter has that strength, his shoulder felt quite painful. At the same time it was funny how Kyuhyun panicked over a thief, wouldn’t anyone too? Kyuhyun opens the door wide for Siwon to come in and closes the door when he’s inside.

“Siwon, I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun felt like hiding and cry, “Did that hurt?”

“A bit,” Siwon chuckles, “Sorry, my fault for scaring you like that, I didn’t mean it. I take it you’re alone?”

“Yeah, my brother is working. He said he’ll be home pretty late today.” Kyuhyun pulls Siwon to sit on the couch while he prepares a drink for him, “Tea or water?”

“Water is fine.” Not a minute passed by Kyuhyun returns with two glass of water on tray. Siwon drinks until the glass is empty, “Thanks.”

“So, tell me. What made you here?” Kyuhyun hugs a cushion as he stared at Siwon.

“Let’s save that for later.” Siwon chuckles at Kyuhyun’s anticipation. The boy’s eyebrows are knitted and lips formed into a pout. How come at times like this Kyuhyun is looking adorable? “Why are you so curious?”

“Because you suddenly appeared by the door.” Kyuhyun scoffed, “And what’s with all the black clothing?” Despite that, Siwon still look good in his eyes. “You look stand out.”

“Really?”

“I take you get that from your brother.”

“Oh? What an observant!” Siwon take his cap, turning it and put it on Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smirks, “Might this be another gift?”

“I’m not giving it to you.” Siwon sticks his tongue and Kyuhyun smacks his face with the cushion. “Yah, how many times are you going to keep hitting me today?”

Kyuhyun holds his laughter. There are many places where he could meet Siwon but he never thought Siwon would come over to his house, at the same time when he was thinking of him. Whatever the reason of Siwon’s presence, he’s positive they won’t cease his happiness. Because he knows that’s what he wanted, it is to see the person he likes.

Yet, he didn’t realize he has been smiling the moment his short thought occupies his mind conditionally. Siwon took the chance to gaze at Kyuhyun’s light brown eyes. He moves Kyuhyun’s messy bangs to the side ways to see them clearly, not to his surprise they’re striking as always. His hand then moves to caresses Kyuhyun’s right cheek with his thumb.

The touch woke Kyuhyun and it took a moment to realize Siwon’s thumb is still in contact with his right cheek, “Siwon?”

“…”

“Siwon…?” Kyuhyun place his hand on top of Siwon’s and call the boy again, “Siwon?”

“I wanted to see you again, that’s why I came.” Siwon drops his hand and Kyuhyun turn the cap lowering them down covering half of his flushed face.

“O-oh…Thanks for coming.” Kyuhyun stuttered, feeling the heat risen up. He’s too happy now. He doesn’t think he can look at him.

Siwon chuckle at the sight, “I’ll stay until your brother gets home.”

“You don’t need to.” Kyuhyun said, even though he wants Siwon to. “Usually hyung won’t mind me staying up late waiting for him, but this time he told me to sleep earlier instead of waiting for him. I guess the event will take time longer than I thought. I just hope he’d buy me a cheesecake later for night snack.”

“What event?” Siwon heave a small smile, Kyuhyun must’ve really love cheesecake.

“Hyung said it’s a party he where he shouldn’t be there, unless he holds the company shares. But the director wants him to attend because every secretary from each department will be present.” Kyuhyun shrugs and look at the ceiling as he wonders, “What was it called…?”

It led back to when Ryeowook mentioned he worked for his father’s company. “Shareholders party?”

“Yes!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, “That one!”

“Oh…It’ll be a long night then…” Siwon said, “I was asked to be there too but it’s a party where each shareholders will gather together. I’m not in the place to because I have no involvement within the company. It’s not necessary and not to my liking…Since your hyung is the secretary of one of the departments, he may be the committee in charge for the party.”

“What? Wait, how did you know?” Kyuhyun abruptly take the cap off, leaning closer to Siwon. “You were asked to be there?! Then does that mean…”

Siwon moves back a bit in reflex, “Your brother works for my father’s company, right?”

“What?!” Kyuhyun surprised, making Siwon slightly flinch in place.

“Ryeowook hyung told me about it when I left your home.” Siwon rose one of his eyebrows, “You didn’t know?”

“I never knew my brother works for your father’s company. He barely told me a thing about his work.” Kyuhyun sighs, “Wow, it’s a really small world.”

“It is.” Siwon ruffles Kyuhyun’s hair, “It’ll be a short day, how about we head out and buy cheesecake?”

“Sounds good.”

 

 

Heechul takes the white wine from the waitress and head his way to search the corner for some space. The party doesn’t have that many people since it’s special for the shareholders, yet the place looks quite luxury, even for him who doesn’t give a damn about what the party is all about. He was there to attend for his brother in the first place, to help him get away from their mother’s desire. He may want to escape after finishing the drink and skip the entire event at once.

The only entertainment he got today was when he met Jessica. When she knew Siwon wasn’t attending and skipped the day to God knows where, she threw a fit and blame herself for trusting and expect something much from his mother. It must’ve been a payback of receiving pictures of Siwon and Kyuhyun. It feels funny to remember again since Jessica was mad like a crazy girl, but she had to watch her steps of other’s watching whatever she do.

Heechul smirks, “That’s the perks of being the family and company’s heir.”

Seeing important looking people with their exclusive looking clothes engaging here and there, he always have that hunch of their craving to know each other and compare their status. His eyes also spotted the owners of the top ten to twenty companies in Korea. Sighing and relieved that Siwon was not here when he could imagine what nightmare it would be for his young brother to be brought here and there to people that wants to see the family’s downfall in the future.

He halts in track when he saw someone he’d want to see or at least, someone he wants to talk to if they happen to meet again. Smirking as he’s heading towards Ryeowook who’s standing in the corner with eyes looking straight, Heechul avert his gaze and found that the man is actually staring at his mother. A flashback of what happened at the hospital appeared and waves of guilt for Ryeowook tugs him. Just what had the boy done to receive that harsh treatment?

“Are you that scared of her?” Ryeowook flinched, spilling some of the red wine. It wasn’t like he’s surprised to see the man, he expects Heechul to be there at the party since he’s the son of the company’s CEO. “Man…”

“Who?” Heechul nudge his head towards the lady in dark blue dress. “No.”

“You think I don’t know what she done to you at the hospital?” Heechul sips the wine. “Don’t lie.”

“…”

“Mother treated you like trash.” Heechul said frankly, “So…I apologize on her behalf.”

“You don’t need to.” Ryeowook sighs, “It’s not your business.”

“Accept it as compensation for my last rude behavior.” Heechul eyes his mother who’s talking in group with other company owners, “It’s strange… I still got many questions left for you. But I don’t think you may want to answer all of them tonight obviously. Just so you know, no man should ever be treated that way unless they done something wrong.”

Ryeowook empty his wine glass in one gulp, “If I did?”

“Perhaps it’s something that pissed her off.” Heechul guessed, “Or maybe, it’s you that made her treat you that way.”

“You’re right…because of me your mother treated me this way.” Ryeowook tilt his head at Heechul and chuckled, circling his arms at Heechul’s neck, “What more you want to know?”

“Aish—Are you…drunk?! How many glasses did you drink?” Heechul tries to let go of Ryeowook’s arms from his neck but couldn’t. “Yah, let go.”

“One…Two…Twelve?” Ryeowook said carelessly. “They’re for free today, bastard!” Heechul scoffed, even though Ryeowook look smaller than him, he got that quite high alcohol tolerance. Even though they’re in the corner of the large party room, they’re still visible in guests’ views. The position gain other’s attention and Heechul knew by that he’s…No, they’re in trouble. The stares are like daggers. “Let go, damn it. People are staring!”

“Are they? I don’t care! But Yesung will be mad if I touch other men like this…! Yesung ah! Yesung! This old man is flirting with me!” Ryeowook said in high pitched tone. Others begin to whisper and he tries again to release Ryeowook from the hold of his neck but the latter has a strong grip which made him wonder where the hell did he get that strength from?

“Shut up—who the is Yesung?” Heechul said. From one of the crowds he caught his mother staring at them in scrutiny. The moment when she’s about to approach them, Heechul had no other choice as he reflexively turn their body around and carry the man in bridal style. He cursed under his breath and search for the way to escape from the building. Thankfully Ryeowook isn’t that heavy, otherwise he would’ve just dragged the man away. But after they got out from the building, where will he take Ryeowook?

“I’m coming to my dreamland! I’m…” Ryeowook sings before he fell asleep.

Heechul heave another sigh, should he take him home?

Probably that’s the best idea, since the man is drunk. It may also give him the advantage to get answers he wanted to know, the fact that he got one earlier. Suddenly seeing his father ahead, Heechul stop his track in front of the man.

“Hello, father.” Heechul bows shortly,

“Heechul ah? Where are you going? Go back to the party, we are not done…” Mr. Choi halts as he saw who Heechul was carrying. His expression softens and Heechul faintly smirks.

“I’m sorry but I think I have to go back now.” Heechul said. Maybe if the situation were not like this, he could’ve seen the moment when Ryeowook and his father meet. He blames Ryeowook for ruining the moment, “A friend got drunk, I need to take him home.”

“This is your friend?” Mr. Choi said as he eyes Ryeowook sleeping figure in his son’s arm.

“Yes, a friend. Looks like Siwon and I got a new friend lately. This is Ryeowook. He’s the brother of Siwon’s new friend.” Heechul purposely said and he didn’t miss the slight frown from his father. Smiling inside, it felt as if he hit the jackpot. “Ah, it would be nice if he’s in normal state…”

“Alright, you should take him home.”

“Thank you, father! Well then, I’m taking my leave.” Heechul walk past his father after a short bow.

 

 

“So what happened after you saved the dog from the street?”

“I named her Lost and took her in for a week.”

“You could’ve given her a better name Siwon! She was lost, but it doesn’t mean you had to name her Lost!” Kyuhyun chuckled at the story Siwon just told him.

They were seated oppositely at Pizza restaurant and had their dinner there and spent another one hour talking while eating dessert. It was Siwon’s another idea after they went to the shop that has Kyuhyun’s favorite cheesecake. They were about to head home before it gets dark when they smell something delicious that appear to be from Pizza restaurant. Given that they were both hungry, they went inside and have a pleasant dinner.

Siwon chuckles as well. Kyuhyun’s chuckle is contagious at times. It’s melodious and alluring at the same time. “I’m not good with names. Besides, I left Lost in my cousin’s care. It’s possible that he already changed her name.”

“You’re so kind Siwon, for helping the lost dog.” Even that small kindness is charming for Kyuhyun.

“That’s the least I can do.” Siwon said, “Kyuhyun, aren’t you eating too much sweets today?”

“I don’t’ think so, why?”

“First the cheesecake, blueberry pancakes after that… the chocolate bread and hotteok from the stall and cotton candy… now the iced chocolate with strawberry cake…Are you going to be alright?”

Kyuhyun empty his iced chocolate and finish the last bite of his cake. “I can handle much more because I have sweet teeth.”

“Alright then, let’s go.” Siwon smiles, wiping a small cake crumb from the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips. Their original plan was to go out and buy cheesecake, but never thought they’d spend another day outside together. Kyuhyun was happy and so does Siwon. Both are secretly happy with how the day goes by.

They left the place with smile on their faces, secretly hidden by the night and visible by the moonlight. On their way to Kyuhyun’s house, less words are exchanged but the presence of each other made them complete.

They are fond and always yearn for each other. Distance made the fondness grows. But both aren’t sure whether the other feels the same.

Kyuhyun unlocks the house’s door and both got in. Upon arriving inside the place is dark and they open their shoes and Kyuhyun went straight to the kitchen for a drink while Siwon follows.

“Kyuhyun.”

“Hmm?”

Siwon put the glass back on the table, positioned his hands gently on Kyuhyun’s cheeks and place his lips on Kyuhyun’s. At that moment he thought it was the way to know how the other feels. If Kyuhyun isn’t feeling the same then he is prepared for it. Siwon give the last moment to deepen the kiss before giving Kyuhyun a warm embrace. On the other side Kyuhyun experienced another rapid heart beat and skipped heart beat or better to be said as if his heart completely tired and stopped beating. That exact moment when he thought he was dying but didn’t. That short moment of death felt like eternity and brought him back to life after he realized what Siwon did.

There was no warning or word spoken. Kyuhyun stood there paralyzed of Siwon’s act. Is this another dream? Or is it because he’s sugar high? He shouldn’t have ate too much sweets to receive this much. To make sure it wasn’t a dream, Kyuhyun hits Siwon’s chest lightly.

 

Siwon unexpectedly kissed him.

 

It was his first kiss.

 

Kyuhyun’s felt his legs wobbly and Siwon rest his chin on his shoulder quietly. If Siwon didn’t hug him he probably would’ve fall. Just like always, both seemingly to give each other’s comfort. But this time, it’s a different kind of comfort. It didn’t instantly make his heart calm, but it did present him warmth. Not only that, he is now as well perplexed with the mixed emotion that came like uninvited strangers. Why did Siwon kiss him? Does he feel the same way? If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have made such move, right? The questions keeps on appearing on his mind until he was subconsciously reminded that Siwon was someone else’s and the latter shouldn’t have done that.

“Siwon…”

“Hmm?” Siwon hums jadedly and Kyuhyun closes his eyes.

“Why?” Kyuhyun said calmly. He wants to know why Siwon did that.

“I couldn’t hold back my feelings." Despite his messy heartbeat, he refrains from hugging the other tightly. "I like you, Kyuhyun."

“Jessica.” The sudden mention of Jessica baffled Siwon. “You…are dating Jessica, Siwon.”

“What? No. I never and am not dating her.”

“You aren’t?” Kyuhyun asked again, hand subconsciously gripping the edge of Siwon’s shirt as he felt the heat in his body rising.

Siwon shook his head, “Yeah, where did you hear that? I don’t remember ever mentioning such… Don’t tell me she’s the one who told you that?”

“Oh…”

Siwon sighs, smiling. “Kyuhyun, bear this in mind, I treat her like no other than my second sister. My feelings are only for you. About that…I don’t have to get an answer from you now. You can take your time to think about it. I will wait.”

“You will?”

Siwon nods, “I have to.”

“You don’t have to wait, Siwon. I already have my answer for you. Close your eyes.”

Kyuhyun breaks the hug and Siwon did as Kyuhyun told with small hesitation. He didn’t expect to get a confession from Siwon, nor had any expectation that the latter might feel the same. The surprise messed his mind in jumble and no words could describe how happy and relieve he is.

 

It’s one great feeling that he never felt before.

 

He will never forget how it feels.

 

He thought he may have to hold back his one sided feeling until the time comes when Siwon found out or he have to be honest to the boy. For whatever consequences lingers, he will take them sincerely.

 

Even the thoughts of one day they may break apart because of his feelings still haunt him. Now he doesn’t need to worry anymore given that it may never happen.

 

Never, he hopes.

 

His hands move to rest them on Siwon’s shoulder and tip toe as he softly places his lips on Siwon’s. Letting go the short kiss, he locks his eyes with Siwon and return the embrace.

 

“Was that your answer?” From the voice, Kyuhyun knows that the boy is smiling.

“I like you too, Siwon. I always thought I’m the only one who has feelings for you. It’s a relief to know you liked me back. Thank you, I feel like the happiest person now.”

“Really?” Siwon caresses Kyuhyun’s back. “Then…Will you be my lover?”

“Do I need to answer that?"

"I want to hear it, at least."

"Absolutely.”

The two young boys who’s fond of one another finally settle their feelings with honesty. Each word and moment they shared made them fall in love of the other even more. Moments are born to be memories buried within their mind and always be remembered and words will not be forgotten nor can be taken aback.

They couldn’t see what’s approaching them because the storms are too calm to flicker their happiness.

Nevertheless, both have the same wish, they are not to break apart.

 

 

Heechul step out from the black Mercedes car and carelessly poke the sleeping man on the shoulder. Ryeowook had to wake up otherwise he had to carry him again. It wasn’t like he don’t want to do that, he’s just doesn’t feel like carrying him again. Heechul thought by taking Ryeowook home could at least give him the chance to dig everything he’s been probing about. However to his disappointment, Ryeowook’s drunken state didn’t cooperate enough alas he receive nothing. Along the way Heechul only got an answer when he asked Ryeowook his home address. It wasn’t like he anticipates knowing where Ryeowook and Kyuhyun live.

But it rhymes as necessity because suddenly their lives are allied. Life is full of coincidences so what to expect? It starts with Siwon befriended a kind boy named Kyuhyun who turns out having a brother named Ryeowook who in twist knows their father. If Ryeowook knows the Chois how come Kyuhyun act like he doesn’t know a thing around Siwon? Or could it be the boy has been pretending? Or perhaps, Kyuhyun doesn’t really know a thing, even that part of his brother knowing the Chois? Does Kyuhyun even know his brother has been working for lives at the Chois Company? At times he got bad hunches whenever he contemplates about it. He just hopes it stays normal after knowing the truth behind.

 

Just thinking about their lives being tangled up is nauseating.

 

Sighing, Heechul slap Ryeowook’s shoulder to wake him up. Instead of waking up, the man slump to his side, head almost fall touching the cement while Heechul who always have a good reflex catches him before he falls and carry him again in bridal style.

“Let me help young master.” The driver offered and Heechul refuse.

“Just stay here and wait. I’ll bring him inside.” Heechul kicks the gate with his leg and bring him inside to the doorway. “Tch…Why the heck are you suddenly heavy…?” He puts him down seated on the floor. “Wake up. Do you have the keys?”

“Kyuhyun ah…My dear brother…” Ryeowook murmurs with stress tone yet, it didn’t bother Heechul. He’s focused on taking this drunken man inside and return home. He won’t waste his damn time here. Kyuhyun must be inside, why hadn’t he thought about it? Heechul knocks the door and got no answer. Clicking his tongue, he knocks the door while calling Kyuhyun out. Someone behind opens the door and when it’s wide enough it reveals Kyuhyun, looking confused as their eyes meet.

“Heechul hyung?” Kyuhyun looks as if he wants to speak again however Heechul carries Ryeowook again and walk inside. When his eyes caught a couch, he slump Ryeowook down and sighs for the hundredth time. “What is… going on?”

“Your brother is drunk.” Heechul tip his head at the sleeping Ryeowook. “I can’t believe it…He’s a heavy sleeper.”

“Hyung?” Heechul look to the familiar voice owner and found Siwon approaching him from the kitchen. Doesn’t look surprising, he expects Siwon to be at Kyuhyun’s house for some reason. Both boys are fond of each other and he could see that evidently. “What are you doing here? You came to fetch me?”

Heechul smirks, “No, you heard me.”

“He’s a true heavy sleeper. I got it from him too. But from all that he looks okay though… He seems a bit tired.” Kyuhyun smiles, “Thanks hyung.”

Siwon is now standing side by side with Kyuhyun. “So you two know each other?”

 

Now that sounds like their lives are really tangled up.

 

“Under odd circumstance, yes.” Heechul said frankly, “Now isn’t a good time to talk about it.” Plus, Ryeowook is drunk. Not like he wanted the two boys to know. “Are you waiting for your brother, Kyuhyun?”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun smiles as he scratches the back of his neck. “Even though hyung said I shouldn’t wait.”

“I was about to head home…” Siwon trails while Heechul shot him the obvious glare. The boy could’ve stayed in Kyuhyun’s house till the sun rises if he didn’t come. He’s perfectly aware of his younger brother’s bad term with their mother today. It happened to Siwon countless of times and maybe, it almost crosses the line. Especially that part when Jessica and their mother are looking like they wanted to involve Kyuhyun in all these.

Siwon noticed the uneasiness on Heechul and breaks the silence, “Hyung, do you want to head home now?”

“Of course.” Heechul scoffed and pull Siwon to the front door but halts. He turned around to look Kyuhyun standing still, “Come here, Kyuhyun.”

“Yes?” Even though Kyuhyun is confused, he still approaches Heechul. Sighing, Heechul embraces the two boys and rest his chin between their shoulders.

“Hyung? What’s this?” Siwon smiles while Kyuhyun heaves a soft chuckle.

“What are you two hiding under the sleeves?” Heechul closes his eyes.

“W-what do you mean?” Siwon asks, does Heechul know by how they behave? “We’re not hiding anything.”

“Nonsense.” Heechul hugs the two tighter, “Something must’ve happened today…This afternoon or before I got here. Now how do you plan to erase the blushes on your faces?”

Kyuhyun look at Siwon, smiling as his cheek flushes, “He caught us.”

Siwon tips his head, “He just did.”

After witnessing and hearing what their mother talk about, Heechul too didn’t feel like going home, but they had to, otherwise father would ask them all night to the core. Hence whatever will happen, he will surely protect the two boys will all he got. Heechul isn’t going to let them taste what their mother did to him. What she had done to his Hangeng until now still haunt his mind, hitting him to the corner of his own space until everything turns visibly red.

To have her sons grant everything she wants, she wills to hurt their love ones.  

He won’t let the cycle be repeated again.

 

A/N: That’s how I decided Siwon and Kyuhyun got together, like any other couples! Was the reveal too fast? Other than that, I’d like to say my million thanks to the readers for the big support! I never expect this story to surpass 100+ subscribers and 10+ votes. Thank you, thank you and thank you so much! This will be a long wonkyu fanfic and I hope you will look forward for the future chapters! I had a new wonkyu story in mind but I’ll have to finish this story to the end! Once again and with big love, thank you ^^ - Lara