Butterflies & Final Goodbyes

School & Life (Book 1)

Yoongi POV

After Jin and me smacked Namjoon, we looked to Kim "So how exactly would this work?" Hoseok said.. I remembered his words and I saw him going closer to her. I stopped him "hands off, she's mine now you can't take her away from me" I growled. He grinned "I just said that stuff to get you to fight for her again, I see her like Tae sees her, a sister"

he ruffled her hair, she whined and tried to fix it. she always said she hated her curls but honestly I love her hair curly, she straightens it sometimes and yeah it looks nice as well, but her curly hair was always the prettiest on her.

"Okay well we'll work on dividing the lyrics, then practice, some parts are raps so Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi will rap those parts, everyone else will stick to singing, cause you all have voices like angels."

They all nodded so I started writing all the lyrics out and we worked on everyone's parts, excitingly enough we finished the lyric distribution. I told them all to practice their parts and on Wednesday we'd work on it together. I'd be there to make sure everyone does the lyrics correctly, good pitch and all that jazz. 

They all stayed and we all just talked. We were working a bit on the funeral and spoke to them about when a trial might be held. I wasn't sure myself because I didn't get to speak to an officer or anyone about her. But cause of the attempted murder in my room i think its safe to assume she's going to jail. Just my testimony will determine how long she should go to jail for.

-timeskip to next Saturday-

Yoongi POV

I sighed softly once I finished getting ready. Yesterday my mom coloured my hair back to black. It just seemed better. I can bring back the blue streaks once I feel it's alright. I was already ready. My mom came into my room "sweetie are you ready?" I nodded, then followed her outside. Of course we were the first ones there.

Soon enough extended family came and so did all my friends. I looked at all the envelopes (In Korean funerals typically everyone gives money to help the family pay for the funeral - the amount you pay depends on your relationship to the deceased person)

And all the names and I saw one envelope that looked more odd then the others. I took it and saw a lot of money inside. I checked the name

Kim Eunae

..who is Kim Eunae? I put the envelope back and went over to my parents telling them about the money and they were shocked by how much there was inside. It almost paid half the funeral just whoever this person was themselves. Kim came over and bowed carefully to my parents respectfully. "Yoongi everyone is ready. We are just waiting for your family." I nodded

We all walked into the room. And everyone took their seats. My dad went up to the front and started speaking. We all listened and he introduced the group. We looked at each other and Jungkook started the song off, then Taehyung continued.

Their voices were beautiful. We all did our parts perfectly, Kim looked so proud of us, but tears were falling from her eyes. From everyone's eyes. Even from our group they sang while crying, yet we all sounded really good.

We finished and went back to our seats. My father finished off "our son had found that an envelope contained about half the amount it would cost to pay for this entire funeral. Can Kim Eunae, please come up" I looked around. Someone did get up. Kim got up. But her name is... Hm? I... Actually don't remember her real name. But she isn't Korean... But she was adopted by a Korean family... It makes sense she has two names..

She once again carefully bowed. My mother and father hugged her and thanked her tearfully. She went back to her seat and Greaty whispered to her, she whispered back then everyone was free to pray to the alter Yoonji's ashes were in. We decided to cremate her. I remembered she said she wanted to be cremated. She's more religious then I am. She said since we were created from Ash she wants to return to Ash in the end of her life.

I looked around for Kim. She was right in front. Praying quietly. I waited until she finished. Then I hugged her,careful not to touch her wound. She shouldn't even be out of the hospital. She begged her doctor to let her go for this funeral. "Yoongi?" She wiped something off my face, and I realized I was crying. She kept wiping tears away.

"Yoonji is at peace. Just think that she is finally at peace. We will keep her in our memories and every month we will come visit her I promise Yoongi" I nodded and everyone came over and we all hugged. Today marks the day we said goodbye to a part of our friend group.. Hm.. No that doesn't sound right.. We said goodbye to a part of our family.. That sounds better.
 

"How come you gave so much money?"

"It's my way of letting Yoonji I forgive her. And I'll protect her brother for her"