▬ Walk Through the Fire

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------------

After I announced that a war was about to unveil to Dazai, instantly, the colors on his face disappeared – And soon followed with a grim look from Jackson who returned with a small shake of his head.

He’s gone.

With the culprit sudden disappearance, I can finally rule out that he’s the reason behind the death of Goray Mamushi and everyone who I ever loved.

Everything has been a blur of chasing game, and I'm sure that motherer enjoys it as much as I loathe it.

It's been more than a week for me, my men, and some of the Mamushi helping hand to scour every nook and cranny of the entire country for one person and one man alone, only to come home empty-handed, every time.

I was getting frustrated by the current result and it was slowly getting under my skin. I could feel as if everyone around me was walking on eggshell, trying not to watch me crack under pressure and have hell break loose.

No one wants that because if it happens, that time would only mean one thing – catastrophe. Everyone should run and seek somewhere safe from me and my army of demons.

"Dazai!" I called; furious was evident in my tone.

I've been locking myself in the office room ever since Jackson and I got here. I only leave to use the bathroom and to hunt down that bastard.

"Dazai!!" I roared again.

The said male scrambled into the room looking bothered and worn out "Y-Yes?"

"I've been sorting out these files for the past hour and I can't seem to find one specific paper." I started eerily calm, "Did anyone come in here?" With suspense, I peeled my eyes away from the papers scattered before me on the table and zeroed in on him.

Dazai flinched under my gaze, stammering in his words "I-uh-" He cleared his throat and trying to piece his sentence carefully "Yesterday, when you were away, I organized your workspace... Hoping that it will clear a lot of things…"

"Like what, exactly?"

He was carefully treading this. I could see him gulping out of fear. "Y-Your mind,"

the air sharply, I held it in for a couple of seconds before heaving it slowly, closing my eyes while reminding myself to stay calm and not blow the roof off.

"How do I say this without making it sound harsh?" I murmured to myself, but probably enough for him to have heard it too.

Eyeing him once more, he was awfully pale, eyes displayed no more childishness.

"At times like this... Nothing can help me calm down or give me a peace of mind unless the thing that's bothering me is taken care of." I try to speak softly "No matter how much anyone tries to help or clear it out for me, it'll only get me frustrated. And I don't want to get angry over some things like that because it's not going to end well."

Looking around the room, I try to form another some sort of sentence. Sighing tiredly, I said, "I'm sorry, for reacting the way I did."

Gradually, the colors returned to his face. "It's fine," Lightly shaking his head, "It's my fault in the first place. I should've known better than to let my OCD kicked in."

"It's all right," I chuckled, to simmer down the tension in the room "The room was chaotic anyway... And to be honest, it did help clear my mind, though a little. But, thank you."

His lips casually tugged into that caring brotherly smile I missed. "That specific paper you're looking for is in your right drawer."

Dragging the compartment out, I saw the paper. I swear that I had looked into both of the drawers. What was I seeing before? I need to sleep. I finally thought.

"I swear I already looked in here," I sighed, disappointed in myself.

A look of concern flashed across his face. "You need sleep, little sis. I'll have the helper prepare your room."

Smiling tiredly, I could only nod my head.

Dazai nodded his head, as he was about to head out; I asked him how Jackson was doing. Because, apparently, over the hours I kept myself awake, he was too. He had kept me safe. And he had fallen ill from sitting in the cold weather.

To this point, I feel guilty for not looking out for my pack and my mate's trusted man. This reminds me that I need to call Mark and just wanting to hear his voice. But I'll do it tomorrow.

------------------------

Thinking that going to sleep would be the best idea for me, but turns out, it was the worst idea. Ever! Because not long after I closed my eyes, my mind took me somewhere eerily familiar.

"Rei, help!" A soft whisper echoed around me.

Standing in the middle of the barren field, 50 yards away from me, Mark stood limply with his face drained of color and his right fist clutching tightly against his side.

I shivered as the cold wind nipped on my skin, but my eyes never leaving him. Is he okay? Why does he look so sick?

As I look closely at his deathly curled fist, they were covered in blood. Why? Whose blood is it? It can't be his, right? What happened?

"Mark," I called, but not a sound comes out. I called again and again until I grew tired, and my throat became hoarse.

He only stares at me with the pain look in his eyes.

He may be standing but his eyes say otherwise. The light in his eyes has disappeared and I wondered if it was my fault

Carefully looking at him, I feel as though he has been gone for a long time and that this is just a hallucination.

Fate is a cruel being if they were a human.

I wanted to approach him but I was scared. Scared of what I wasn’t sure, but I was. He effortlessly calls out for me, but I didn’t move, I remained where I was.

Suddenly, I see him writhing in pain. His white shirt soaked with blood, dropping to his knees. Someone stood victoriously behind him.

I couldn’t see them but I saw the evil gleam of their teeth. This person was playing puppeteer and I all of a sudden has the strong urge to kill them.

But the mighty man upstairs must’ve known me better because the second I want to lunge over I was held back by some invisible force

How can I be the queen when I’m not even strong enough to handle whatever that is about to happen. I’m a mess.

All of my people need me and I’m chickening out. What do I do? This person isn’t the one who was chosen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter