alwaYS

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

alwaYS

 

“Joohyun, I’m sorry but you keep adding weight, by the time your wedding comes, I don’t think you’re dress will have enough cloth for alteration, you might as well get a new dress”

Joohyun stood frowning at the reflection of herself at the full length mirror. She hasn’t kept tab on what her weight is, she never had and believed she never had to, except for now, she has been eating a lot non -stop, and no she is not pregnant, she and Yonghwa checked multiple times and it all came out negative. It came to a point that she seek professional help and was advise that it’s stress. Yes she is really really stress what with the wedding preparations and all. She is not one bridezilla but she wants her one and only wedding to be nothing but perfect. It also doesn’t help that the Seo empire will be marrying off their maknae and all eyes were on them. It also doesn’t help that her mom and Yonghwa’s mom has been away for a 3 week vacation in Europe and Shinhye is having a delicate pregnancy which leaves her and Yonghwa to work with Moira by themselves.

“I swear Moira I’m really trying to cut down on my meals but I’m not sure why I’m still gaining weight”

“May I suggest that you keep an eye on a different wedding dress, just so we have a back up, it won’t be so bad to have two wedding dresses”

She huff in response because she knew that that’s the most sensible thing to do.

 

 

“Joohyunah, the transfer of assets will be this Friday, mom and eomonim will be arriving Thursday morning, we have to move the luncheon with our CEO to Saturday, will you be free?”

She flipped thru her phone to check on what she have scheduled for that weekend

“Yes lunch I’m free but by late afternoon we have the Children’s Chorale to attend to”

It was his turn to check his Saturday

“Yup I have that one here”

“Good” she smiled turning of her phone as they lounge in Yonghwa’s apartment. “Oppa, are you ready to be penniless by Friday?”

He laughed “Yes I think I am, are you?”

She snorted, “Do not even go there, I have experienced eating only ramyeon for weeks, and I also experienced receiving hand outs from friends so yes I am more than ready”

They were silent for a moment when Joohyun bolted

“Shoot! The contact signing for the apartment is this Saturday!”

“Huh?”

“Oppa! That was supposed to be this Thursday but you have to stand in for Jonghyun oppa at the music show so we had it move Saurday, lunch time”

He opened his phone again and found nothing written but he vaguely did remember moving the contract signing for the apartment. In between the wedding preparations, they also have a lot of commitments to attend to, as a couple and as Seo Joohyun the pianist and as Jung Yonghwa the leader of CNBLUE. This is what’s adding stress to Joohyun, she’s afraid that she’s forgetting something that might be vital to their wedding.

“I’ll call the realtor now and schedule it Saturday morning before lunch” informing Joohyun as dialed the realtors number.

While Yonghwa spoke on the phone, Joohyun was wracking her brain for something else, she knew that there was something else that that’s not right in between everything she just couldn’t pin point it.

“All settled” he looked at her and ran his fingers on her scrunched up forehead “Hyunah, do not overthink, I’m afraid you’ll get sick at this rate”

Joohuyn scooted closer to Yonghwa hugged him “oppa, can we just get married now? Without the guest, the gowns, the banquet”

He laughed “We’ve discussed this before and yes we can, but I know in my heart that that’s not what you want”

“I know huh?”

“Don’t think okay, we’ll get this all sorted out with plenty of time to spare”

They were still cuddling when Yonghwa’s doorbell rang

“I’ll get it” he stood up and she followed him but she instead went to the kitchen for some snacks

“Uhm.. Joohyun?” Yonghwa called out

“wait” she was in the middle of drinking water when she went to him and almost choked. 4 guys were carrying in boxes and boxes of wedding gifts.

“WOAH!”

He looked at her laughing “I know right?”

She was honestly gaping, the living room were now almost full of gifts and it’s still not stopping.

“Oppa, are you sure there’s no bomb in there or something?”

“No! the agency already checked them, all safe and I guess ready for use at our new house”

They moved to the side since one of the men had to place a box at where they were standing.

“We need a week to actually get through all these gifts plus the gifts from the wedding itself. A lot of thank you card to written.” Her face is once more full of worries.

“Don’t worry, the agency has gotten all the names listed down, they’ll take care of the thank you cards for these one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter