Bump

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple learned that sometimes, what you plan is not what exactly will happen. Joohyun even have a planner and she scribbles something on it, every night. And yet nothing on the planner seems to go according to plan. They were supposed to meet Moira a week after Shinhyes wedding in Venice, apparently there was a huge storm that all flights were cancelled, they were stuck in New York for 3 days and Moira had prior engagement so they need to move their meeting some other time.

A little over two months in the preparation, they had a date set. December of that year. A winter wedding. So that they can welcome spring together. But again. Nothing according to plan…..

 

 

“PREGNANT?!”

 

Her mother’s nose flared. She almost laughed loudly as she knew exactly where her own nose came from. They were eating dinner and Yonghwa flinched. The high pitch bellow of his future mother in law almost made him deaf

 

“PREGNANT!!??”

 

 She repeated even louder and if that wasn’t enough she was standing now with both hands gripping the edge of the table. Her dad stopped eating as well.

“I’m sorry mom” Seunggi muttered under his breath

“AND WITH YOUR SISTER’S BEST FRIEND?! YOONA?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING SEO SEUNGGI?!”

“Yeobo, please sit down and let the boy talk” Mr. Seo spoke cajoling his wife

“This is gonna be good!” They all look at the tablet sitting on the table and saw Shinhye opening her fridge way back in their house in New York

“TALK!” Their mom spoke once more and all attention went back to the man in question

“”It just happened eomma!”

“She weren’t even your girlfriend to begin with!” Yonghwa was trying hard not to stare because he swore he could see veins popping out of Joohyun’s moms’ temple as she continue to speak. no. Shout.

“Well one thing lead to another!” Seunggi replied exasperatedly “Would you like me to give you the blow by blow details!?”

“WOOHOO! BLOW!”  Shinhye once more took the attention away from Seunggi. Joohyun was already shaking her head at the same time waving her hand to her neck signaling Shinhye to cut it out

Yong already stopped eating. And is fevervently thankful he hasn’t gotten Joohyun pregnant. Soon to be married or not.

“So what’s the plan?” Their dad asked him

“I’m marrying her”

Mr. Seo nodded and took a bite of his food. Mrs. Seo was still fuming.

“So when do you plan to get married?” Joohyun asked her brother

“Soon, I’m sorry Joohyun, I know we are preparing for your wedding but it just happened”

Joohyun shrugged “Yeah you could’ve atleast been mindful enough to use protection but I guess it did just happened” he answer sounded sarcastic as the end

Seunggi looked really apologetic “I really really am sorry Joohyun”

Her lips thinned as she took a deep breath. Yonghwa held her hand under the table. They both instantly knew it. They have to move their wedding. She was shocked when Yoona teld her she’s pregnant and she almost fainted when her bestfriend told her that the father of her unborn child is her own brother. She heard from her friends that it got crazy after Shinhye’s wedding but she and Yonghwa turned in early that day since they will need to catch an early morning flight to Italy. She never knew the “extent” of the party since she doesn’t really need to. She knew one way or another this is gonna affect their wedding. She and Yonghwa talked about it already. But she was hoping that one way or another it won’t. she of course woulnd’t want to jeopardize her brother’s and best friend’s reputation.

If her bother wanted to marry her best friend then somehow she thinks that there is love there and not just some shot gun wedding to boot. Her brother has always been vocal that Yoona is really pretty and nice. Well there goes the pretty and nice and now pregnant.

“I’ll talk to Moira tonight” their mom spoke suddenly tired “Does Changmi know?”

“Yoona is talking to her parents tonight also”

“Well I guess I need to speak with them as well” wiping

“Set up a meeting with them Yeobo so that we can meet formally and plan the wedding”

Joohyuns mother looked at Yonghwa “I need to talk to your mom”

He only nodded.

When dinner was over, Joohyun and Yonhwa sat at the balcony.

“I guess we have to wait more” her voice sad

“I think a spring wedding will be much better” he replied boosting her spirit. “And We only have to wait a few more months than the original one, we have more time to perfect our wedding”

“Yeah but still, I was hoping that by then we have already settled in as husband and wife”

“Don’t worry Hyunah, it’ll happen, it just so happened that this is an urgent matter. Let’s help your brother and best friend prepare for their wedding at the same time work on ours, Yoona will need all the help especially since she’s pregnant.”

Joohyun looked at her fiancée as she rest both her legs up to Yonghwa’s lap. He in turn rubbed them gently, tapping it at the same time.

“I’m sorry If I’m being difficult” she murmured

Yonghwa chuckled “That’s okay, I don’t think any bride and groom to be will want to have everything they planned for change because of other people”

She pouted “ It feels so unfair oppa, it’s like I’m transported back to my childhood days when I have to take the back seat when it comes to my siblings”

“Seo Joohyun, don’t think like that, think about it, if during the time your unnie was planning her wedding, and I accidentally have gotten you pregnant, wouldn’t you want to have the same support as what your family is trying to show to your oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter