Everything for You

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything just for you

 

 

Shinhye was lowkey crying and Seunggi was full of thoughts right after Yonghwas declaration of love. It made him think of a lot of things, Out of all the 3 siblings it was him who actiually had nothing even after all those acting classes. It finally dawned on him that theater might not be for him thus enlisting in the army to think things through.

Lunch was light after that small drama and Mr. and Mrs. Seo lightened up even throwing casual jokes which no one understood, yonghwa tried for the first 3 jokes but gave up on the 4th. They move to the veranda facing the east garden for dessert, the older couple discussing their latest trip while the four were just randomly talking about things. Yonghwa informed them he’ll be going ahead since he still have a previous appointment, he even invited the 3 siblings if they want to come with him but they declined and just wanted to laze around. He asked permission to visit again soon and was answered with

“Anytime” by Mr. Seo

To celebrate the happy mood Shinhye snapped a few candid pics of the whole family and posted it on her IG. Yonghwa asked one of the pictures to be forwarded to him and he bravely posted it on his own IG account. With a caption

Christmas. Family. Love

Joohyun becaome jittery sighting that it was not a good idea at all but Yonghwa said

“I’ve faced my biggest fear and that is your parents, all the bashing that I will receive because of us is nothing compared to what I’ve experienced earlier. I have always believe in you and your strength Joohyun, you will face difficulties but I don’t think anyone would dare touch the Seo Maknae.”

“That’s unfair! I never asked for this!” She pouted as she accompanied him to his car

“Uh you actually did love”

She was shocked with the term of endearment and protested “Why are you calling me love? I’m Joohyun and we are still not together”

Yonghwa rolled his eyes, “I will leave you for now to let it all sync in because after what happened earlier, I am also not in my right mind but I can assure you everyone in that room knows we are together, get use to it” he smiled widely and dropped a kiss on her cheek and quickly got inside the car

Her eyes grew big “Hey! That was my first non friend kiss!!” but her smile was wide. She watched as their massive iron gate open, he wave one last time and disappeared from her sight.

 

 

“Why were you so easy with Joohyun?” Shinhye asked their parents

Their dad who was watching the TV, turned the volume down. 

“Although your situation before with that aspiring actor boy and this Yonghwa and Joohyun is almost the same, the circumstances are way too different. You were studying then, Joohyun has finished school , you have a lot to prove then, Joohyun had proven it already by living alone. You were young then Shinhyeah, Joohyun isn’t now. We trust that Joohyun thought about this a lot. And besides, given Yonghwa and Joohyun’s status in the society, it won’t be easy. We will now have to see how far the two of them will go. I’m scared for uri maknae but how else will she learn if her decision is correct or not. Same as with Yonghwa. Unlike you and Kevin, those two will be under the publics scrutiny and it won’t be easy. I maybe a ruthless business man, and even you kids know that, but I am also a father who wants nothing but your happiness.”

“then how come you kept on pushing us to handle the business?” Seunggi bravely ask as he held on to his bucket of popcorn

Their mom sighed and removed her glasses “Then who else will inherit it? Your appa worked hard for it, even working as an employee from other company just to sustain the business, I want you to think of your future children, you three may not want anything from it but how about your kids? Have you ever thought that our business will not only secure your future but your childrens future? Even your grandchildren? We want you take over our business but never did we say you can’t do what you love doing. Your appa is the sole crazy person in this world who has a conglomerate under his belt but still work for another person, why? Because he likes what he’s doing, and because he likes what he’s doing, he excels with both.But now that you three are old enough, it’s time that you guys concentrate on that business that will probably be the bread and butter of your family.”

Their father added “your eomma and I are old, our obligation to you 3 kids are done, we only need so little of what we have for the two of us to survive and we’d be okay. We just want you to be okay as well so at anytime the heavens will call us, we know you guys are secured”

Little do they know, Joohyun was just at the door listening to their conversation. The pieces of the puzzle are now falling into place. She thought that their parents were selfish but now she thinks it them who’s selfish. She felt sorry for the times she doesn’t understand their parents, now she wish she did, after all, they all both just wanted what’s best for them. And it got her thinking. She went upstairs to the music room and played the piano, she was staring at the far corner till she notice her phone ringing

“Seo Joohyun!!! Have you gone crazy?!” she can imagine Taeyeon turning red and screaming, she actually held the phone inches away from her ears. Yes she is probably crazy.

“Taeyeonah, calm down, things just happened like that”

“Did you see how their fans and the media’s now feasting about it?”

She pursed her lips and randomly tapped the piano keys “To be honest, I don’t really mind, you know I’m not the one to mind, anything, even then. I choose to focus my energy to more important things, such as how we’ll go with appa’s business”

She heared Taeyeon sigh from the other end “I don’t know Joohyun, I don’t know if I should be happy with your nonchalance or not, but I know you, you won’t do and commit to something that you’re not 100% sure of, I’m just worried for you, people are savage Joohyun, no matter how good of a person you are”

She smiled “Thank you for your concern Taengoo, but you know, you can never please everyone, whatever I do, people will find fault in that, I just choose to live my life as I see fit, I don’t need approval from the public, I just need my family and my friends beside me and that’s enough”

“Arasseo, so You and Yonghwa, are really together?”

She laughed “See that is one thing im not really sure I guess we are but I haven’t really properly said YES? But my parents know that we like each other already, It’s complicated”

It was Taeyeons turn to laugh “Aigoo Seo Joohyun, what will I do with you”

“Aigoo Kim Taengoo, I don’t know what to do with myself as well”

They continued talking ignoring the numerous messages and incoming calls she’s getting. The world has seen it and the picture of the girl that Yonghwa posted now has a face. And it’s her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter