Hashtag

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Yonghwa puts his everything into something, he never stops. Whatever the circumstances is, he keeps on going. It was the same when he discussed his proposal plan with his agency. The CEO went pale, the PR director went mad and the Sales Director walked out. For an idol, his status is his selling point. How in the world will they sell a married man on crushing and hormonal teens? It was just impossible. The other 3 has fandoms of their own but they all know how much Yonghwa brings in. The head’s protest was only answered with

“I’m sorry, my decision is final”

He was still under contract and nothing in that contract stipulates anything regarding not being allowed to marry. He had a lawyer look into it. The best lawyer there is.

His mother.

It was Joohyuns 2nd day out of the country when he met the Seo family for dinner. He sat in between Mr. Seo and Seunggi and was facing Mrs. Seo.

“Yonghwa,would you like to tell us what brings you here?” Mr. Seo began “Or would you like to wait for tea?”

He cleared his throat and set down his chopsticks “Now would be fine sir”

There were 5 expectant faces who were waiting for him to speak.

“I want to marry Joohyun Hwengjanim, Samonim” he spoke clearly looking at the people he addressed. He also looked straight into the eyes of Seunggi, Shinhye and Kevin.

Mrs. Seo smiled “We know dear, you said that before”

“I want to marry Joohyun as soon as possible madam”

Shinhye pursed her lips and looked at their parents while Mr. Seo ran his fingers on his chin

“what’s with rush?” he asked

“I see no point in waiting Hwengjanim”

“But you both are still young, not too young but I think there is a lot that you want to do” Mrs. Seo added

“I’m confident that whatever it is, we can still do it madam”

“Marriage is no joke Yonghwa, and you are very popular and have many girls vying for your attention, what if one day you wake up and find that you no longer love uri Joohyun? We have zero tolerance for divorce and scandal.”

“I completely understand your hesitation but no one knows me better than myself sir and madam, I need Joohyun in my life permanently, I’ve lost her once, I’m not planning to lose her again”

There was silence in the dining room when

“AAAAWWWWWWWWW that’s sooo sweet!!!!” Shinhye gushed and began hitting Kevins arms “Isn’t he sweet bubby?”

Seunggi cluck his tongue in annoyance at Shinhyes blabbering.

“You will have a lot of obstacle if you really want to marry Yong” Seunggi reminded him of which he answered

“No offense but the only obstacle that I need to overcome is you guys. If I need to beg just to get your whole familys approval then I will do so because I know that your support will mean the world to Joohyun, and mine too. A big chunck of our happiness for the future will come from you. I don’t know if she will accept my proposal or not but I’m willing to risk everything, even my sanity but I would just like to have your blessing”

He was unsconsciouly gripping his jeans on his lap as he spoke, no longer making eye contact but looking down as if really begging.

Mr. Seo took a deep breath “Are you sure you know what you are getting yourself into young man?”

He looked up and met the older mans gaze “Yes hwengjanin, I’m getting myself the woman I want to spend the rest of my nights and days with, who would share my highs and lows. Who I will give my eternal love respect and loyalty to”

Mrs. Seo was already wiping her eyes as it dawned on her that soon both her daughters will be married off and will be leaving the house.

“Very well Yonghwa, I entrust to you our maknae, live well and make her happy” Mr. Seo stood up and offered his hand of which Yonghwa stood also shook the mans hand and bowed low repeating “Kamsahamnida Hwengjanim Kamsahamnida”

“Tsk stop bowing! This is not a business meeting!” Mr. Seo laugh and gave Yonghwa a man hug followed by Seunggi “congratulations Yong, please take care of my sister”

Mrs. Seo and Shinhye was crying as they also hug Yonghwa reminding him to love their maknae. Even Kevin gave him a bear hug, welcoming him to the family, well of soon to be his family.

The dinner continued as they talk about the final details for SHinhye and Kevins wedding. He promised that he would bring mother along so that they can all meet each other. During tea, Mrs. Seo and Shinhye cornered Yonghwa and asked how he plans to propose.

“To be very honest, I still have no idea how ‘ll do it, but I have taken her Instagram into custody. I plan on using it for the proposal but I still don’t know how”

“Well how about this…….”

 

 

True to her word Joohyun returned after two weeks, tying up some lose end, cleaned up her apartment, turned in her keys, said her goodbye to everyone she knows and breathe the last of Vienna..for now. Yonghwa was waiting for her as he promised to pick her up. It was nearly mid night when her plane landed and he knows she wants nothing more but to go home and rest. It was still weird for him to be followed by two black sedans as part of Joohyuns security. She was able to get away without guards when she is abroad but not a second later when she step foot in Korea.

“Tired?” He asked as he briefly looked at her as his left hand steer the wheel and his right holding her hand

“Yes but I feel accomplish” she smiled

“That’s good then”

She closed her eyes and remembered “Oppa, I got locked out of my Instagram account, do you think someone trying to hack it? I’m kinda wary of those things”

He chuckled, he took her IG account as hostage yet he really didn’t do anything to it. “Nah, I don’t think so, just reset your password, I’m sure theres nothing to worry about.”

“I hope so” as she closed her eyes again

“Ah Joohyun, are you going to see our concert next week?”

“Of course! Why would I miss it?”

“I was just making sure”

“Why?” she sat up straight and looked at him suspiciously

He laughed at her expression “What?!”

“you’re question is weird, Of course I will watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter