To Jung Yonghwa > Post Office Stamp > December 2005

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2005

 

 Yong oppa!

 

                Annyeong Scaredy Cat! BOO!!! hahahahaha

                 Sorry it took me awhile to write back, I was so busy my day starts as early as 5 AM. I play piano, then go to school then go to cram school then go to piano lessons and practice, I’ll be lucky to be home by 10 in the evening, there are times I can longer feel my legs, like I’m floating, glad that I got the recital behind me. Mom and Dad wasn't able to make it but Yoona, Yuri and Taeyeon came so I’m happy. And as requested along with this letter is a CD of my recital, the exact recital so it may not be as clear since there are background noises. I don’t know how you feel about classical music but this is Beethoven Sonata No. 8 Adagio cantabile. I have been practicing this for almost 6 months now and I’m glad I was able to pull it off during the recital. I hope you like it!

                How have you been these days oppa? Are your days better than the previous ones? Were you able to talk to your dad again? How was the hearing? My family and I are going to the US for Christmas, they want to spend it with Seunggi oppa, saying he might be lonely since this is his first Christmas away from home. I’m excited to see my brother, but that’s it. Well perhaps I may also like the change of surroundings. When we go abroad, I’d like to walk around the streets, you know and do touristy stuff, take pictures, buy souvenirs, eat food. Usually oppa comes with me, he like doing those stuffs too but I guess this might be one of the last we two get to do that since he will get too busy.

                Have you thought about your answer to my question? You have been living only with your mom for a month now, do you think that it’s much better that way than seeing them fight? I am no psychiatrist oppa but maybe it’s for the best. How can you grow up properly seeing no love and only hatred between your parents? And the thing with your mom, I think she’s just scared of having to take care of you alone, you are a guy and I think there are a lot of things only a man can help you with, now imagine your mom having to go through all that with you without your dad. I think she’s just trying to approach you in a way she knows how. Give her a chance oppa. There is no one to blame in this situation and if there is, both of them are equally responsible for letting down a good son like you. I’m on your side oppa remember that.

                Anyways, what are you plans for the holiday season? See?! even your friend thinks it’ll be worth it to give it a shot! I mean, if you are talented why not r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter