To Jung Yonghwa > Post Office Stamp > January 2010

The Shoebox Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2010

 

My dearest oppa,

 

I hear from your eomma that she told you I went to see her. I hope you don’t mind. I saw an opportunity so I went to see her. I like her, she’s bubbly and funny, a complete contrast from my mother, who’s stiff and controlling. I haven’t laughed that much talking to an adult. She said she’s a scatterbrain and well tried to fend for herself now that she is alone. We ate out! It was sooo fun, it was like eating out with my friends, only it was your mom. She also showed me your room. I must say, your sort of a neat freak oppa. I didn’t expect that from you. I saw your guitars. And I saw my letters. Thank you for keeping and protecting them. It means sooo much to me. I’m now text buddies with your eomma. I really like her a lot. I hope she likes me a lot too!

Oppa, this is my last letter to you from Korea. I’m leaving for Vienna next week. As I’ve said I won’t be attending my graduation. Mom is not talking to me hahahaha, oh well, not like I can do anything about it. Seunggi oppa is meeting me and Shinhye unnie in Vienna, they’ll help me get settled in my new apartment. Oppa. My own apartment!!!!! I’m shaking in fear and nervousness but this is it!!!!!! I’ll write you a letter once I get settled in and I’ll send it to your house. I bet by then you’re already home or something.

I guess we won’t be able to see each other now. I mean we haven’t seen each other since summer camp but well me leaving Ko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter