Special Nomination Round FAQs

2016 Exo Fan Fiction Awards

In simple terms, why are you guys doing this extra nomination round?

Because we messed up. Originally we made it a rule that fics that had been completed later than 8/31/16 were not valid for any of the fic categories (excluding the ongoing fic category). When we filtered through the nominations we missed some that broke this rule. We confirmed the nominations. We aren’t going to turn around and tell those people their nominations are not valid because of our mistake. Therefore, we are opening this round to be fair and let those who followed the original rule an opportunity to nominate a work they may not have because of the date it was completed.

I was nominated during the original round, is my nomination still going to count?

Yes! Your nomination will still be valid. The special round is only adding new nominations onto the already existing pool of nominations because of the mistake we made.

I was nominated during the original round; do I need to be nominated again to count?

Nope! Your original nomination still counts, no need to re-nominate!

So will there be two separate voting rounds, one for the first nomination round and one for the special nomination round?

No. We will have one round of voting, starting on December 2nd. All nominations entered during the special round will be added to what we already have.

I forgot to nominate this amazing fic during original nominations – can’t I do it during this special round?

Not unless it was completed between the dates of 9/1/16-10/31/16. This special round is not a catch up or “oops I forgot” round – it is strictly to make things fair due to our mistake.

So when does this voting take place?

December 2nd is when it starts. On November 25th we will start posting the list of nominations, posting three categories per day. That way it will kind of work like a fest, giving people time to read the fics in the categories before voting opens. Instructions on how to vote, as well as nomination lists will be posted to our AFF and LiveJournal accounts (and also tweeted).