FAQs

2016 Exo Fan Fiction Awards

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Why fanfiction awards for the Exo fandom?

We appreciate the efforts of artists, authors, commenters and fest mods and think it is important to hold an event to recognize those who have captured the fandom’s imagination over the year.

What works are eligible to win awards?

Please see our nomination guidelines here.

How does it work?

Step 1- Nominate your favorites. Using the nomination form listed on the nomination post, submit your favorites (up to 2 per category). Please make sure all of the information you are submitting is correct or your nomination will not be counted. For guidelines on what can be submitted for each category see the nomination guidelines.

All works/ people nominated will be contacted prior to final voting so they can verify the details of their work as well as accept the nomination. The top twenty nominations per award will move to final voting.

Step 2- Cast your Vote. Vote for your favorites in each category. You may only vote once, so choose wisely.

Step 3- Clap for the winners. The winners will be announced for each category based on popular vote.

What does the timeline look like?

Nominations Open 9/30/2016

Nominations Close 10/31/2016

Nominees announced 11/25/2016

Voting Begins 12/2/2016

Voting Ends 12/16/2016

Winners Announced 12/21/2016


What do people win?

Bragging rights. Knowing their work is appreciated. Seriously, there aren’t any prizes (though the moderators are considering creating displayable banners for those who win, if they would so chose to display them on their stories or sites).

Can I nominate my own work?

Technically yes, there is nothing stopping you. However we discourage nominating yourself. Share the love.

I have a fanfic that fits in multiple categories, can I nominate it more than once?

You bet. Most fan fiction will fit more than one category and you are welcome to submit that fic for each category it fits into. For example:

Fic Title: Sample. Genre: Angst. Pairing: Xiumin / Luhan. Length: One shot.

The above fic could be nominated in the Best Angst Fic, Best Xiumin Fic, Best Luhan Fic, and Best One Shot categories. In addition you could nominate the author individually as well.

Can I enter one nomination for a category and then come back later to enter the second nomination?

No. You must enter both nominations at the same time.

I voted / nominated the wrong thing. Can I change it?

Nope. All nominations and votes are final. This is why it is very important you double check your submission before send it over.

What if someone nominated me and I want nothing to do with this (much less have my fic or art here)?

We will be reaching out to each person nominated to make sure they are okay with participating (or at least give them a chance to contact us and opt out).

Who is running these awards?

There are three moderators, all of whom have been involved in the fandom for years (and a few fandoms before that).

I have a question you did not cover.

Please contact the moderators on twitter @ExoFanficAwards or send us a message / comment on our AFF, Livejournal, or send us an email (link on profile page).