Being Given The Explanation

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Sana's POV

 

Sana POV

After the dinner with Hyeri, I scanned through my phone to find out the quickest route back home.

 

 

 

Damn the next bus was a while away. What was I going to do? I was going to have to wait for such a long time before I could go home which could potentially mean another scolding from my parents.

 

 

 

I was biting my lip in worry when Hyeri broke my chain of thoughts.

 

 

 

“How about I drop you home Sana? It’s quite late already and you shouldn’t be catching public transport at this time. Especially after what happened last time.” Hyeri offered.

 

 

 

Wouldn’t that be great! I already told her where I lived last time and it wouldn’t hurt to get a ride from the CEO once again.

 

 

 

Aish. Why did the damn bus have to come so late? I feel bad for always inconveniencing her.

 

 

 

“Won’t that be troublesome for you Hyeri? You would have a lot of travelling to do.” I mumbled.

 

 

 

“Not at all! I live close by to you anyway! And I also need to tell you about what happened inside. I haven’t forgotten you know.” She replied quickly.

 

 

 

I had totally forgotten about her earlier moment and it was really worrying. I really didn’t know what to do in that moment. She scared me a little when she suddenly banged her fist against the table and then she looked really teary.

 

 

 

I thought the food was too chilli for her since Nayeon and Jeongyeon always scold me for ordering food that had too much of it. I wanted to argue and ask about it but Hyeri stopped me from saying anything else.

 

 

 

And also, I don’t know why but when she held my hand to stop me from pouring out water into her cup, I felt something weird.

 

 

 

I felt nervous and a sense of fluttering in my stomach.

 

 

 

I didn’t know why I was acting that way.

 

 

 

Sigh. I think I’m going crazy.

 

 

 

Hyeri seated me in the front of the car, closed my door and went around to sit down in the driver’s seat. She suddenly leaned over me and I inhaled quickly. Why was she so close to me? Our eyes locked and it suddenly felt really heated in the car.

 

 

 

She leaned closer and I closed my eyes. What was she doing? She moved away from me and I heard a click. She was just putting my seatbelt on.

 

 

 

UGH SANA WHY!

 

 

 

WHY YOU STUPID SQUIRREL!

 

 

 

That was so awkward for me, damn.

 

 

 

I mentally scolded myself for my reaction. My heart was beating so fast.

 

 

 

“Are you okay Sana?” Asked Hyeri, biting back a smile before driving off.

 

 

 

“Um… yes of course Hyeri! Why wouldn’t I be?” I replied, finally able to construct a sentence.

 

 

 

“Because you’re as red as a tomato. Are you feeling sick? Let me check.” She said, before immediately placing her cool hands on my forehead. “Hmm… you seem fine.”

 

 

 

I smacked her hand away and tried to convincingly say I was fine.

 

 

 

“So what happened back there?” I asked, changing the topic.

 

 

 

“Well... when I was young, my mum left my dad with me because she couldn’t bear being with him for some reason. Later on my mother got sick and sent me to my dad, even though I didn't want to. I was curious why my mum had left my dad so I asked him why. But my dad just told me she left him because he didn’t have money. I didn’t believe him though. My mum used to cook me my favourite meals all the time and my dad was always angry because of that. He said she spoiled me. The food that I ate just reminded me so much of her food that it made me feel so hollow inside. It made me miss my mum.” She explained.

 

 

 

My heart broke at her confession and I couldn’t help myself from crying. Why was I crying….  I didn’t even realise when I started crying.

 

 

 

“Sana, why are you crying?” Asked Hyeri, using her handkerchief to wipe away my tears before handing it to me.

 

 

 

Where was this girl from honestly?

 

 

 

She was way too nice and her mannerisms were just wow.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Hyeri. It was just so sad.” I replied, wiping away my remaining tears.

 

 

 

She just ruffled my hair and told me not to apologise.

 

 

 

We were at my house quicker than I expected. Today had been a real roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I was getting out of the car when my grip on the door loosened and I slipped. Waiting for another contact with the road I just cannot stop falling on, it never came. Hyeri held me in her arms once again. She checked for any injuries and walked me over to my door, murmuring about how clumsy I was.

 

 

 

I hit her head in response and only realised what I did after I saw her shocked face. My bad! I ran away from her and entered the house to see the not-so-gleeful face of my father.

 

 

 

Whoops.

 

 

 

He went outside and had a talk with Hyeri while I looked through the blinds inside the house to see and attempt to hear their conversation. It was a quick one and father came back quickly, meaning I had to look like I totally didn’t see their conversation.

 

 

 

“You’ve got to be less obvious than that Sana. It’s not nice to stare.” He said, laughing as he headed upstairs.

 

 

 

I groaned as I realised he caught me in the act. Does he have eyes at the back of his head or something?

 

 

 

A/N: Has anyone watched the I'm Gonna Be A Star stage at M! Countdown? It was amazing asdfghjkl! But without Jeongyeon it looked so empty :(