The Similarities

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This is still in Sana's POV

 

I walked into my room and jumped on my bed. I can’t believe I hit Hyeri. I laughed as the memory of her face once again appeared in my mind. Why did I find it so casual and normal to hit her on her head? When I hung out with her today, it was so different from the past few weeks of work. She seemed so different and familiar at the same time.

 

 

 

It was so fun and enjoyable. Was there a chance that she was breaking the barrier around my heart and wiggling inside? No, there’s no way. But she made my heart flutter with her actions today. What the hell! I don’t understand what’s going on with my heart right now. She’s my boss and someone I haven’t known for a while. Why was she so familiar?

 

 

 

To be honest, I wasn’t sure if the CEO was ignoring me over the past few weeks. It just really felt like she was. I decided to confront her about it and she denied it. Why was I expecting a yes, that she was indeed avoiding me? Hmph. The dinner was a great idea and I got to know more about her. Her aura was somewhat familiar; it made me feel safe.

 

 

 

When she patted my head earlier, I instantly remembered HER. Chou Tzuyu. That one girl that had become my best friend in the world. It was a habit of hers as a way to annoy me but it grew on me and I no longer had found it annoying. When Hyeri did it, it just reminded me so much of her.

 

 

 

Now that I think about it… there were a few other things about Hyeri that reminded me of Tzuyu. When I first met her, I knew there was something familiar about her voice. It was just as comforting and soothing as Tzuyu’s voice. That’s maybe why I got so angry at her treatment that day when it was all my fault.

 

 

 

And then there was that time where she already knew my name before I told her. I mean there could be a possibility that she was just a dedicated CEO and learnt our names before she came to work here but she’s never called in any other employees by their names. She always just points to them and talks to them.

 

 

 

She’s also just as caring and worrying as Tzuyu was. When I was at the bus stop, she fought off the other offenders so quickly and she even lent her handkerchief to me today. It was all things I that Tzuyu did.

 

 

 

Hyeri said she her mother had problems with her father at a young age… Tzuyu was close to her mother but they were having problems. Hyeri went to the same school as me yet I don’t remember her face. How is that possible? She looks like she’s my age or maybe a year or two older than me; but I remember my seniors. And even the whole seatbelt thing! Tzuyu always made sure I wore my seatbelt when I sat in the car. What was this? Maybe I was overthinking this like I do with everything. I sighed in frustration.

 

 

 

Oh how I miss her. If I hadn’t hurt her all those years back, maybe… just maybe… things would be different. I didn’t hurt her on purpose…

 

 

Flashback

 

It was a day after school and I just finished after school class. I was heading towards the bus stop when someone put a bag over my head and pushed me into a car.

 

 

 

“No point in screaming or fighting princess, no one can hear you.” I heard someone say.

 

 

 

I didn’t remember what happened during the time I was there. I woke up to see Tzuyu’s bleeding and bruised face and not knowing what the had happened. I was so confused. She was helping me get up when I got flashes of what happened to me. The pain and the abuse. I flinched away from Tzuyu and pushed her away.

 

 

 

Why hadn’t the police taken her too, she was part of it.

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me! Never touch me again!” I screamed at her.

 

 

 

She flinched at my tone and simply nodded, walking back a few steps. My father placed a hand on her shoulder and simply apologised.

 

 

 

“DAD, WHY HASN’T ANYONE TAKEN HER TO JAIL? SHE WAS PART OF IT TOO!” I screamed at my dad.

 

 

 

I can’t forget the pain in her eyes when I said that. She looked so distraught.

 

 

 

They cuffed her up and took her away.

 

 

 

Afterwards, I was admitted into the hospital and checked up on whatever happened. I spent weeks recovering from my injuries. The day I was being discharged, my father approached me and finally discussed what happened that day.

 

 

 

“Sana dear, why did you say that Tzuyu was part of the crime too? Sweetheart, she almost died fighting all those guys to get to you and protect you. She was with me trying to figure out a way to get to you. She saved your life.” He said calmly.

 

 

 

That’s when it all came back to me. I whimpered in response and burst into tears.

 

 

 

What did I do?

 

 

 

WHAT DID I ING DO!?

 

 

 

I had to go see her. To apologise and apologise again and again. I ran out the door and ran to my house, that’s where she was staying after her father had kicked her out. She wasn’t there and her room was empty. I ran to her father’s house and the house was empty. What had happened?

 

 

 

I saw a nearby neighbour and asked her what happened.

 

 

 

“The girl almost died from her injuries. She recovered well but her parents took her away. Poor child. What did she go through all the trouble for?” She said, walking away.

 

 

 

I simply sat down there on the ground and cried and cried for god knows how long before father came and picked me up.

 

 

 

That’s why Mina said I hadn’t moved on. Because the truth was that Tzuyu had always been in my heart.

 

 

 

I was still waiting for her to come back but I think it’s time to let go. I can’t hold on to her anymore.

 

 

 

A/N: Sana's trying to piece everything together but is she simply overthinking? And you finally find out what happened in the past! I know it doesn't answer a lot of questions but it's getting there a little slower than usual :)

So excited for Twice's stage at Music Bank today!

We finally saw some SaTzu <3

Hope you like the update! ~