The Waiting Game

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Sana's POV

 

 

Sana POV

My plan didn’t work as well as I thought it would.

 

 

 

When Hyeri dropped me off at the office, I thought she was going to be back soon enough for me to talk to her but she didn’t come back for three hours. Not that I was counting or anything.

 

 

 

I always use my phone whenever I walk by myself so when I got out of Hyeri’s car in the morning, I automatically took it out.

 

 

 

Hyeri told me not to use it and winked at me.

 

 

 

She immediately rubbed her eyes, pretending something was in there but I already saw it. I waited for her to come in and stared at our building door waiting for her to come in and Nayeon had realised.

 

 

 

“Why do you keep looking at the door Sana? Are you waiting for anyone?” Nayeon asked teasingly.

 

 

 

“Hmm? Oh I was checking if the CEO had come in but she hasn’t come in yet.” I replied automatically.

 

 

 

“Do you perhaps… like our CEO?” Nayeon whispered excitedly.

 

 

 

“What! No way!” I replied, trying to convince myself in the process.

 

 

 

There was no way I could like her. We haven’t known each other for that long. But then again, I feel so different when I’m with her. There’s a weird feeling in my stomach when I’m with her; like I’m nervous.

 

 

 

My heart is always beating faster than usual when she’s around and always flutters when she does things like pat me on my head and catch me each time I trip.

 

 

 

Did these feelings mean I liked her?

 

 

 

“Instead of telling us that she hasn’t come in yet, you’re waiting for her to come?” Nayeon pushed again.

 

 

 

“Jeongyeonnie – let’s do our fun now instead of later.” Nayeon shouted, heading towards her secret girlfriend.

 

 

 

This girl was nuts. What if Hyeri walked in and saw them? They’d be dead!

 

 

 

They’ve been trying to keep their dating under wraps but the way they act around each other makes it so obvious; or maybe it’s because I already know that they’re dating which is why I can see it.

 

 

 

Both of them decided to clear the table in the middle. They called out to Momo to put some music on and blast it on a high level. It was actually happening. Nayeon and Jeongyeon climbed on the table and started dancing. Nayeon look somewhat normal while Jeongyeon was doing some random dance that looked more like an ostrich than dance moves.

 

 

 

The others were cheering except for another four girls. Dahyun, Momo, Chaeyoung and Somi. They seemed to be in their own little areas. They weren’t cheering… they were dancing. They thought no one could see them, which was true. Other than me, no one else was looking. They were such dorks.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon moved to do their weekly arm wrestle when I noticed the CEO had walked in. I stopped my cheering and was going to tell the two to stop what they were doing but Hyeri just shook her head.

 

 

 

She hid behind the crowd and watched on, intrigued by what was happening but looking confused. I moved over next to her and explained what was happening.

 

 

 

“Every week, they hold an arm wrestling competition in which the winner has to treat the rest of the workers to dinner. If you cheer for the correct winner, you get treated to more delicious food than those who cheer for the loser. They usually do this outside, but since you weren’t here… they decided to do it here instead.” I shouted over the cheering.

 

 

 

I asked if they were going to get in trouble but she didn’t reply.

 

 

 

I don’t know if she didn’t hear me or if she just ignored the question but I didn’t ask again.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon ended up winning and when the clapping and cheering for her win died down, Hyeri decided to make her presence known. She clapped loudly and all the workers ran to their seats, including me.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon stood rooted in their spots, mouths hanging open and I stifled a laugh. I could tell by Hyeri’s eyes that she wasn’t going to get them into trouble.

 

 

 

She was going to shake them up.

 

 

 

Hyeri called them into her room and we all watched on as their frightened faces cast an upsetting mood amongst the workers. We tried to look through the windows of the office but Hyeri closed them all and the office door. We could only wait until they came out. Time seemed to be still as each second ticked by.

 

 

 

The door clicked open and Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked out, looking rather sullen. We all gathered around them two, waiting for a response before Jeongyeon cracked a smile.

 

 

 

She pulled a card from behind her back and jumped up and down, saying they were going to be treated with dinner. Everyone cheered and cheered and I looked back at the office and smiled at Hyeri.

 

 

 

Her heart was too soft.

 

 

 

My plan was so screwed. I hadn’t had enough time with Hyeri today to talk to her at all, I’ll just scrap it all together.

 

 

 

While all the other workers left, I decided to stay back and wait for her. She wouldn’t know the place Jeongyeon would choose, rarely anyone did.

 

 

 

Hyeri came down soon enough with the person who always hung around her and asked what I was doing.

 

 

 

“I thought you’d get lost so I waited for you. The others aren’t that far ahead.” I said.

 

 

 

I pointed in the direction of the others. They were far ahead but you could still see them a little bit in the darkness.

 

 

 

A/N: Hope you like the chapter ~

So excited for the program on V Live today with Tzuyu and Dahyun!