Epilogue

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Tzuyu's POV

 

 

 

Tzuyu POV

Two months later

 

You were probably wondering about me right? After I was released from hospital, I really contemplated whether I should continue my career in being an agent. I could possibly endanger Sana’s life countless times in the future which I would regret with all my heart. But then again, I really enjoy my work and I find it fun. I know I have a possible backup career in business but would I really enjoy it? So to think everything over, I asked for a six month leave from my workplace. Due to my injury and the fact that I had completed my first mission quite professionally, they were more than happy to give me as much leave as I wanted.

 

 

 

Sana and I are our typical selves, always having time to muck around and have fun amongst other things. That left me to explain what I was doing today. God damn, I was extremely nervous about today. Maybe you have a slight idea to what I’m doing today? Yes, yes, yes. I’m proposing to Sana today. I was thinking of going back to the villa we spent two days at since she wanted to be back there again. Adding to that, it was her birthday so I thought it would be nice to go there again after all the fun we had there last time. I was picking her up in the afternoon, when she finished work. Until then, I had a few other things to do. I had to talk to Sana’s parents and ask them for permission and then I had to pick up the rings.

 

 

 

I nervously played with my fingers as I headed towards the front door of the household. Was I making the right choice? Was it too early? Aish, whatever, I was already here. If I was to die by the wrath of Sana’s parents, I’d be happy maybe? Ugh I’m only thinking about this because I’m nervous. Tzuyu, they’re like your own parents. You have nothing to be afraid of. I pulled myself together and knocked on the door.

 

 

 

“Oh, Tzuyu! Come inside!” Squealed Mrs Minatozaki.

 

 

 

I smiled at her reaction; it gave me a little more courage.

 

 

 

“Is Mr Minatozaki home?” I asked her.

 

 

 

“How many times do we have to tell you not to call us formally. He’s in his room, I’ll go get him.” She answered.

 

 

 

Mr Minatozaki came to the room a few minutes later, smiling as he sat down with me.

 

 

 

“What’s up Tzuyu? Why do you look so nervous? Is there a problem we need to discuss?” He asked worriedly.

 

 

 

Obviously my face was expressing my feelings well enough for him to think something was wrong.

 

 

 

“No – No Uncle.” I replied, still nervous.

 

 

 

“Oh, that’s the first time you’ve called me Uncle. It must mean something!” He teased.

 

 

 

“I was wondering if I could – IwaswonderingifIcouldaskforSana’shandinmarriage?” I blurted out too quickly.

 

 

 

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you properly Tzuyu. I’m an old man, I can’t hear when you girls talk too fast.” He said, chuckling.

 

 

 

I took a deep breath and tried again. Why was this so hard?

 

 

 

“Can I ask for Sana’s hand in marriage Uncle?” I said slowly.

 

 

 

Mr Minatozaki laughed at this – confusing me.

 

 

 

“You’re seriously asking us? You two have basically been married since you’ve known each other! This is what you were nervous about? We already treasure you like our own daughter and we know you two love each other with all your heart. Did you seriously think we would say no?” Replied Mr Minatozaki, laughing.

 

 

 

I smiled at his comment I went forward to hug him and Mrs Minatozaki.

 

 

 

“Thank you Uncle and Aunty!” I squealed, hugging them tight.

 

 

 

“It’s Mum and Dad to you too now.” Teased Mrs Minatozaki.

 

 

 

I don’t know why, but that made me smile. They were basically my parents from when I was little but this felt like a new achievement. They took care of me and guided me when I was growing up. I loved them and cherished them from the bottom of my heart.

 

 

 

“Thank you so much – Mum and Dad.” I said, tearing up a little by my own words.

 

 

 

Now that the difficult part was over, I felt so much more relieved. That was until I had to propose in the evening. I drove to the jeweller where I had already ordered the rings beforehand. I had just a little under an hour before I had to pick Sana up anyway so I could drive with ease. I already had everything set up at the villa and had it all organised. Despite the fact that Jinwoo wasn’t my supposed secretary anymore, he still stayed around and listened if I wanted something done. He helped me organise the event later and was currently there, putting up some last minute touches.

 

 

 

The bell in the jeweller dinged as I entered and the person who served me when I ordered the rings was available.

 

 

 

“Oh, welcome Miss Chou. Your requested rings are here.” She said, leading me over to the counter and showing me the rings.

 

 

 

I had a quote engraved in them both. Hers said forever Tzuyu’s and mine said forever Sana’s. Call me cheesy but I found it extremely cute. I pocketed the rings and drove off to work to pick Sana up.

 

 

 

I received a message from Jinwoo while I was waiting for Sana saying that everything was in place. I couldn’t get the smile off my face from the excitement for tonight. Half of me was nervous that I was going to stuff up the proposal while the other half was super excited about it.

 

 

 

Work was over and I was tapping my steering wheel out of nervousness as Sana walked out of the office with Jeongyeon and Nayeon. She looked up to find me and smiled when she saw the car, jogging a little bit to come quicker.

 

 

 

“Hey cutie. Was work okay?” I asked, leaning in to kiss her on her cheek.

 

 

 

“Yup! The new CEO isn’t so bad.” She replied.

 

 

 

“You ready?” I asked.

 

 

 

“For what?” She answered.

 

 

 

“To fall asleep? What else? It’s a long drive to where we’re going.” I teased.

 

 

 

“Oh! We’re not going home? YESSSSS!” She squealed.

 

 

 

“Why are you so excited? You don’t even know where I’m taking you.” I said.

 

 

 

“Yeah well, I’m sure wherever it is, it’ll be beautiful because you pick out amazing places.” She responded.

 

 

 

“That’s true. I’m quite amazing.” I said, laughing at Sana’s disgusted reaction.

 

 

 

I held her hand and continued driving, seeing her head move towards the window. She was sleeping.

 

 

 

I poked her as we got to the villa and her eyes widened in surprise as we got there.

 

 

 

“We’re here again?” She said, eyes twinkling in excitement.

 

 

 

“Well you did say you wanted to come here again. So I decided your birthday was special enough to celebrate here.” I said.

 

 

 

She immediately engulfed me in a hug, blocking my airway.

 

 

 

“Sa-na, too ti-ght.” I tried to speak.

 

 

 

“Oops, sorry. You know you didn’t have to bring me here right? I would be happy just spending the time with you.” She said sincerely.

 

 

 

“But I wanted to make it special.” I shrugged, taking out a blindfold from the dashboard and putting it on her eyes.

 

 

 

“Is this really necessary?” She asked, sulking.

 

 

 

“Yes, it is. No peeking.” I replied.

 

 

 

I walked her over to the entrance and unlocked the door. Jinwoo really did a good job. Petals were lying on the floor, creating a pathway that led to the pergola outside. There were several candles lit, being the only light that guided me through the darkness. I carefully walked with Sana and seated her down on the chair outside, glad it wasn’t too chilly. I got down on one knee and took out the rings, trying to stay balanced.

 

 

 

“Okay, you can take your blindfold off now.” I said.

 

 

 

She immediately gasped when she took off her blindfold, lips trembling and trying to stop the tears forming in her eyes.

 

 

 

“Minatozaki Sana. I met you years ago when we were little kids. I knew then that you were the one for me and I’ve never once thought otherwise. We’ve had our shares of ups and downs and we’re still here, together. Your smile lights up my world and your presence in my life is a crucial part of my survival. Without you, I’d be lost. You are like my northern star, always there to guide me. You are my anchor, the reason for my living. You are my whole life and my universe. I love you and I want to protect you for as long as you’ll have me. Will you be Chou Sana? Will you marry me?” I asked her.

 

 

 

“Did you really have to give such a long speech? Of course I’d say yes in a heartbeat. I will be Chou Sana; I will be yours.” She responded, wiping the tears that were running down her face.

 

 

 

I slipped the ring on her finger as she laughed at the engraving.

 

 

 

“I’m yours huh?” She teased.

 

 

 

“Yes you are. And I’m yours. Forever.” I replied, leaning in to capture her lips.

 

 

 

I’ll forever be yours, no matter what happens.

I will too.

It’s a promise.

 

 

 


A/N: Damn... I can't believe this story is finally over! Being my first story, I'm extremely appreciative of all the comments for this story that kept me going this entire time. I was very doubtful of this story and the fact that anyone would like it but you all proved me wrong! Thank you for liking this story and subscribing to it. I really hope you enjoyed it as much I did while I was writing it! You may not know this because I never mentioned it (dumb me) but no matter what you commented, it always made me smile! Thank you so so so much for being patient with updates and reading this to the end! I really hope you are all satisfied with the story. If you have any questions, do drop them down below.

I will be doing a prequel to this story with Nayeon and Jeongyeon and how they met. This won't be started some time soon because I will be writing my oneshots instead. It'll just be a break from writing a big story but I promise I will be back with another story :)

One a side note, I wanted to mention Michlynx in specific. Thanks for always commenting and dealing with my teasing! It was fun talking to you daily!

Also livetwicefortwice, garensuhanazono, kwonsooyeonchild, ani_da, satzu20, srey_lyn, nadyachristy, Lexthegreat017, xolovestephi_SONE0 - thank you for commenting so often.

Everyone who has commented has a special place in my heart because I never expected any in the first place!

Hope you liked the final update ~