Attempting To Piece It Together

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Sana's POV

 

Sana POV

I rarely got any sleep because the similarities between Hyeri and Tzuyu was too much. I thought about it most of the night and woke up moody and angry.

 

 

 

It was going to be long day .

 

 

 

I went downstairs and my parents were discussing something in the lounge in hushed tones but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

 

 

 

They rarely talked in hushed tones.

 

 

 

I always woke up to loud noises coming from the kitchen.

 

 

 

“Oh good morning sweetheart.” My mum said, coming towards me to give me a hug.

 

 

 

“How come you guys are awake already?” I asked them.

 

 

 

“Well sweetheart we were just planning a trip a few hours away. We thought we should spend some family time together.” Said Dad.

 

 

 

“But why all of a sudden?” I asked, curious.

 

 

 

“Because it’s been a while since we’ve been on a trip. It would be nice spending time together.” Replied Mum.

 

 

 

“But I need to go to work. I have heaps of things to do Dad.” I whined.

 

 

 

The truth was I needed to calm my conscience.

 

 

 

Were they really the same person or was it just me overthinking?

 

 

 

Was I comparing the two and finding the similarities for a reason?

 

 

 

“Sweetheart, just take a few days off. Dad will talk to your boss. She’ll understand.” Mum replied as dad went out of the room to take a call and came back.

 

 

 

Someone knocked on the door a few minutes later and Mum went to open it.

 

 

 

“COME ON DAD. PLEASE. I TOLD YOU DAD, I’M GOING TO WORK. I CAN’T MISS OUT A DAY WHEN MY BOSS NEEDS ME TO DO HEAPS OF WORK. WHY AREN’T YOU TELLING ME THE TRUE REASON FOR NOT LETTING ME GO?” I screamed.

 

 

 

“Sweetheart, I just don’t want you to go to work today. Why can’t you just listen to me without asking so many questions?” Dad asked.

 

 

 

I glared at him and his response.

 

 

 

“You know what, there is only one way I’ll let you go to work. And if you don’t do what I say then next time you don’t listen to me, I’m going to ground you. You go to work with your boss and come back with her. And also, listen to her if she says anything. Is that clear?” He offered.

 

 

 

“But… but… okay... dad.” I replied, defeated.

 

 

 

That’s better than I could bargain for.

 

 

 

I turned around and bumped into someone tall. I looked up to see the person we were just talking about.

 

 

 

My boss.

 

 

 

I screamed in shock and ran upstairs to lock myself in my room.

 

 

 

How did my dad call her so quickly?

 

 

 

Why was she in my house?

 

 

 

Did they know something?

 

 

 

How do they know each other?

 

 

 

Why was she wearing a mask?

 

 

 

Why do I always ask myself so many questions?

 

 

 

I looked down at my clothes and stomped in embarrassment.

 

 

 

Why did Hyeri have to see me wearing this?

 

 

 

But why do I care if she's seen me in my pink pajamas and fluffy slippers?

 

 

 

I decided to get ready instead.

 

 

 

If Hyeri was waiting for me downstairs, I needed to be quick.

 

 

 

I pulled out a black pencil skirt and beige chiffon top. I straightened my hair, put some light make up to get rid of my bags under my eyes and I was ready!

 

 

 

“Dad, I’m ready!” I shouted, running downstairs towards the lounge area where he was sitting with Hyeri.

 

 

 

“Oh, you are sweetie? Alright. Have a nice day sweetheart.” He said, kissing me on my cheek.

 

 

 

Hyeri left and waited for me by her car while I pulled on my shoes.

 

 

 

She opened the door for me and I sat inside her comfortable car.

 

 

 

Why was it so goddamn comfortable?

 

 

 

Hyeri jogged around and sat in the driver’s seat. I already put my seatbelt on in that time but I saw Hyeri reach for it anyway, before she realised I already put it on.

 

 

 

My heart fluttered at her simple gesture.

 

 

 

We started driving so I could start with the questions.

 

 

 

“Are you okay Hyeri?” I asked.

 

 

 

“Uh yes of course Sana. Why wouldn’t I be?” She replied, sounding nervous.

 

 

 

“Then why do you have a face mask on?” I questioned.

 

 

 

“Oh that’s just because I’m sick. Don’t worry.” She responded.

 

 

 

“Then should I bring some soup over for you?” I offered.

 

 

 

“No it’s okay Sana. Thank you for offering though.” She said.

 

 

 

Hmm. That was weird. There was nothing wrong with the food I make or anything. I haven’t done anything to make things awkward or upset her in anyway have I? It could've come across as a little creepy that I wanted to make her food but we were friends so it shouldn't really matter...

 

 

 

I just pouted and looked outside, attempting to look somewhat sad.

 

 

 

“Sana… we’ll see if we have time for you to make me anything after today’s long day okay?” She stated.

 

 

 

It worked!

 

 

 

I decided to play the part and jumped up and down on the seat. 

 

 

 

But she was still a little bit secretive.

 

 

 

I could tell.

 

 

 

But what was it about?

 

 

A/N: I ended up crying because Twice finished their promotions /awks/

jokes jokes

but I made gifs for all of Tzuyu's kisses yesterday and I'm dying because of that asdfghjkl

Hope you guys like the chapter ~