What Did I Do?

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Tzuyu/Hyeri's POV

 

Tzuyu/Hyeri's POV

I blushed when Sana checked if I was sick. I forgot I told her that was the reason I had a mask on. She suggested that she would drive but I was firm on my stance on driving. I drove off and we arrived at my place rather fast.

 

 

 

“Oh! You really do live close!” Said Sana excitedly.

 

 

 

I simply nodded. My ribs were terribly sore. I entered the house and excused myself to shower, telling Sana where her room was and letting her explore the house. She seemed like she was hesitating to say something but let it go.

 

 

 

I entered my room and immediately shrugged off my suit jacket and my shirt. My bandage was soaked with alcohol and had blood stains on it as well so I removed it to see if it had become infected. My stitches had opened which was why it was bleeding. But the good thing was that there weren’t any signs of an infection and the blood seemed to stop seeping. I showered rather quickly and headed out of my room to check if Sana was okay with everything.

 

 

 

There was a beautiful aroma coming in from the kitchen so I went to check it out. I wasn’t shocked by the sight at all. Sana was browsing through her phone while stirring something on the stove. Her silver hair was now tied up in a bun and she had a pink apron on that was probably in one of the cupboards. Ah how cute. She really did want to make the soup for me. I pretended not to know and headed back into my room so that I could shut the door loudly instead of scaring her in the kitchen.

 

 

 

Sana didn’t react to it so I was a little shocked. She was acting a little weird but maybe because she was so focussed on her cooking.

 

 

 

“What are you doing Sana…?” I asked softly.

 

 

 

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m cooking.” She snapped back.

 

 

 

I was shocked by her tone. Why was she acting like that? I hadn’t done anything to piss her off in anyway had I? I gulped, scared of what had changed her mood so quickly. She was fine when I left her. What had happened in that time that I showered and changed my injury dressing?

 

 

 

She took out the food in small bowls and walked off, banging it down in front of me before doing so. Okay, she was definitely mad at me. I wanted to ask what was wrong but she left before I could ask. I headed towards her room after I ate to talk but her room light was off so I assumed she was asleep.

 

 

 

I sighed and went back to my room to do some work instead. I couldn’t do anything about it until tomorrow and that really bothered me. I locked my door and moved a book on my shelf to take me to my secret room. I sat on my computer and did some research on the data I Sana had given me when I had asked in the first few weeks of my work. So according to the transactions, there was a mysterious account that had a constant deposit of $50,000 per month.

 

 

 

The account number wasn’t trackable for some reason so I immediately flagged it as suspicious. I had enough skills to hack into the mainframe of the bank and access the details of the person who sent out the money. I’ll need to pay them a visit tomorrow during work hours. I looked at the clock and realised it was way past two am. I decided to sleep on the information I just received and figure out a plan on how I was going to approach the sender of the money.

 

 

 

My alarm woke me up in the morning and I headed out of my room to grab a snack and then leave. Sana was in the kitchen at that time as well. Maybe I can ask her what happened yesterday. Before I could say anything, she just brushed past me and left. Was I seriously dealing with this again? I could rarely sleep much at night so I tried to do work to occupy my brain. But my mind kept tracking back to Sana no matter how much work I completed.

 

 

 

I was so frustrated because I didn’t know what to do. If she was really going to be like this, then I had no choice. She wasn’t coming out of her room any time soon so I left. Since she had no mode of transport, I told Jinwoo to pick her up instead, not wanting to let her catch a bus to work.

 

 

 

No one was in the office when I arrived which was a good thing. I looked up my prospect meeting later in the day. Jinwoo had set it at midday which gave me quite some time to prepare myself for the situation. I decided to call Mr. Minatozaki as well to check on his wellbeing. He wasn’t picking his phone up so I was getting worried by the moment. Perhaps he was just busy? It was still early so he could be sleeping. I tried to convince myself that nothing bad happened because I always overthink things.

 

 

 

I sat down on my chair and went through the pile of work that was growing on my desk. So many things needed my signature and my go ahead and I hadn’t had time to look through them. I read each one and signed them where they were necessary. I kept an eye out at the entrance of the door for a sight of Sana and felt relieved inside when I did.

 

 

 

She seemed happy and excited to come in, hugging Nayeon and Jeongyeon and teasing them about their drunken behaviour yesterday. But her demeanour changed when she saw me. Her smile dropped and she moved to sit on her desk instead, leaving Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s eyes on me. They looked confused and lost.

 

 

 

I sighed in my seat and checked the time. It was already eleven o’clock. I pulled on my suit and grabbed my keys, heading out. It would take an hour to get to the meeting anyway. I could feel Sana’s eyes on me as I left the office. Right now, I had to be focussed on something other than her.

 

 

 

A/N: Hope you like the update ~