Dad's Wish

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This is still in Tzuyu/Hyeri's POV

 

I woke up early in the morning with a massive pain shooting up my ribs. My face looked slightly swollen. I winced as I smiled.

 

 

 

This was going to be a long day. I could wear a face mask to cover most of my face. I’ll use me being sick as an excuse. That way, no one will come into my office either. At least you’re somewhat useful, brain.

 

 

 

My phone ringing broke my chain of thoughts.

 

 

 

“Tzuyu, this is Mr. Minatozaki. We’re having a little bit of a problem regarding you know who. Do you think you can head over?” He said, whispering on the phone.

 

 

 

That girl really doesn’t change.

 

 

 

I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs, grabbing my black face mask in the process. I took my keys and pills off the counter and sat in my car. I drove for a few minutes before I was already at their house.

 

 

 

I knocked on the door and Mrs. Minatozaki opened the door.

 

 

 

“Ah, you must be Sana’s boss. Come inside, please.” She said.

 

 

 

I bowed and entered. The house really hasn’t changed that much after all.

 

 

 

As I entered, I immediately started laughing at Sana’s cute baby pictures, before holding my jaw in pain.

 

 

 

I need to laugh less .

 

 

 

“– I TOLD YOU DAD, I’M GOING TO WORK. I CAN’T MISS OUT A DAY WHEN MY BOSS NEEDS ME TO DO HEAPS OF WORK. WHY AREN’T YOU TELLING ME THE REASON FOR NOT LETTING ME GO?” I heard Sana scream.

 

 

 

Oh boy. I decided to walk towards where the sound was coming from.

 

 

 

“Sweetheart, I just don’t want you to go to work today. Why can’t you just listen to me without asking questions? Alright, fine.” Mr Minatozaki offered as he received a glare from the girl.

 

 

 

He looked up, saw me and nodded. “You know what, there is only one way I’ll let you go to work. And if you don’t do what I say then next time you don’t listen to me, I’m going to ground you. You go to work with your boss and come back with her. And also, listen to her if he says anything. Is that clear?”

 

 

 

“But… but… okay... dad.” Sana replied, defeated.

 

 

 

She turned around and bumped into me, screamed, and then ran into her room.

 

 

 

I chuckled to myself at her reaction, once again wincing.

 

 

 

She was too cute.

 

 

 

I sat down and talked to Mr. Minatozaki, waiting for Sana to get ready.

 

 

 

“Child, are you okay? You look like you’re in heaps of pain. Let me see your face.” He started before he inhaled sharply at what he saw.

 

 

 

“It’s okay Sir. I’ve already gotten treatment for it. I’ll just tell everyone I’m sick and cover my face with the mask. Thank you for worrying about me Sir.” I said, bowing my head.

 

 

 

“What do you mean okay? I want to smack that head of yours. Why did you fight back? Never mind, I already know the answer to that one. Just be careful today okay?” He said.

 

 

 

“Of course Sir. I will make sure your daughter is safe with me.” I responded.

 

 

 

“Ya! I wasn’t only talking about her! I was talking about you too! Come here, I’m going to really give it to you!” He said, leaning forward to grab my head.

 

 

 

“Dad, I’m ready!” Sana shouted, running downstairs.

 

 

 

We jumped apart and sat calmly, trying to act like we were just having a normal conversation.

 

 

I replaced my mask and pretended as if nothing was just happening.

 

 

 

“Oh, you are sweetie? Alright. Have a nice day sweetheart.” He said, kissing her on her cheek.

 

 

 

I stood up and headed out, waiting for Sana outside, near my car as I didn't want to intrude on their privacy more than I already did. 

 

 

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have thought of this.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

Another long day for me, how exciting.

 

 

 

I opened the door for her when she came to my car and came around to sit in the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

I double checked to see if she wore her seat belt and was glad to notice that she was.

 

 

 

“Are you okay Hyeri?” She asked.

 

 

 

So the questions begin.

 

 

 

“Uh yes of course Sana. Why wouldn’t I be?” I replied.

 

 

 

“Then why do you have a face mask on?” She questioned.

 

 

 

“Oh that’s just because I’m sick. Don’t worry.” I responded.

 

 

 

“Then should I bring some soup over for you?” She offered.

 

 

 

“No it’s okay Sana. Thank you for offering though.” I said, trying to end the conversation. I always talk too much with her.

 

 

 

Sana just pouted and looked outside. She looked… sad.

 

 

 

Oh boy. She must’ve thought I wouldn’t like her cooking or something.

 

 

 

“Sana… we’ll see if we have time for you to make me soup after today’s long day okay?” I stated, trying to make her happy.

 

 

 

It worked.

 

 

 

She was jumping up and down in her seat.

 

 

 

Am I going to regret this?

 

 

 

Most probably.

 

 

 

A/N: So Twice had their last stage today /brb while I cry/

Hope you liked the update ~ I know it's another short one so I apologise *bows down*