Living A Nightmare

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This chapter is in Tzuyu's POV

 

 

 

Tzuyu POV

I stayed back a little longer at work to revise the plans after Nayeon had left. We were going to have a meeting in a few days about the final plan. I stretched on my seat and realised it was quite late so I headed home.

 

 

 

My room was entirely dark which surprised me. Sana usually left the lights on. I decided to grab some cold water from the fridge and saw a little note from Sana there.

 

 

 

So she wasn’t home and she decided to leave. Well that was better for her I guess. I won’t have to avoid her and get out of her way since she already left instead.

 

 

 

I wish things turned out differently for us because right now it felt like I was in a nightmare. It was so hard avoiding Sana when she was at work, right in front of my office. The look on her face always broke my heart. The best thing I could do for her was not get in her way.

 

 

 

I decided to stay home the next few days.

 

 

 

I rarely ate and just adjusted my plan. My handler confirmed the day they were going to extract the shareholders from the building so my plan had to be initiated soon.

 

 

 

No matter what I did to distract myself, my heart was still hurting. I wish it could all go away so I could focus on my task.

 

 

 

I went to sleep that night with a lot on my mind so when I woke up panting and sweating, I wasn’t surprised. I gulped down the water next to my bed and checked the time. I fell back on the bed, still remembering the dream as if it was reality.

 

 

 

I dreamt that Sana was in danger. We were happy together and we were enjoying ourselves and then she disappeared. I couldn’t find her and I couldn’t help her. The feeling in the dream was so similar to what I was feeling now. I couldn’t sleep anymore.

 

 

 

I got up and worked on my plan again.

 

 

 

I finally finished my plan in a few more hours. Since Jeongyeon required a week advanced notice to make her gadgets and explosives, I had to tell her about the equipment needed. I set up a private call to her which I was glad I could do with some equipment from HCLI and discussed the plans. It was a group call alongside Mina and Nayeon so I wouldn’t have to talk separately to each person.

 

 

 

They all looked at me unsurely when I told them about the end of the plan.

 

 

 

“But, but… what if I can’t?” Asked Mina.

 

 

 

“You don’t have a choice. You have to do it. No one else can do it.” I replied sternly.

 

 

 

“O-okay.” Mina replied.

 

 

 

“I’m worried about that last bit as well.” Pitched in Nayeon.

 

 

 

“It’ll be fine guys. No harm done.” I said convincingly.

 

 

 

“If you say so.” They all replied.

 

 

 

“Are the items okay for you to make?” I asked Jeongyeon.

 

 

 

“I’ve never been more excited in my life! I’ll bring them over when I’m done to test them.” Said Jeongyeon, clapping happily.

 

 

 

I nodded in appreciation and told them that we’ll have another talk before D-day.

 

 

 

My teeth chattered as a wave of coldness hit my body. Why was I so cold?

 

 

 

I climbed into bed and tried to warm myself up to no avail.

 

 

 

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep instead.

 

 

 

I felt something warm on my head and I was glad for it. My teeth still chattered because of the cold but I felt a lot warmer now. I felt something warm beside me and flinched, not knowing what it was. But it was so warm I couldn’t help but be embraced in the warmth. I felt the warmth leaving and I didn’t want it to leave yet so I held tight.

 

 

 

For the first time in the past few days, I actually had a blissful sleep without nightmares plaguing me.

 

 

 

My alarm woke me up out of my slumber and I went on to freshen up. There was a fresh aroma in the kitchen that hadn’t been there since Sana had left. Why was it lingering in the air?

 

 

 

I walked through the lounge room to see Jinwoo with his mouth hanging open, fast asleep. I threw a cushion at him and he jolted awake, immediately getting defensive.

 

 

 

“How the hell did you get into my apartment?” I asked him.

 

 

 

“Oh, I called Sana and brought me in since the watchman wouldn’t let me. You wouldn’t answer your phone so I had to ask Sana. She warmed you up because you were ice cold when we came in here.” He replied groggily, heading towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

Huh? Sana was here?

She was the warmth!

 

 

 

I almost cried when I saw what was on the counter. She prepared my favourite food including various types of bread. Why was she treating me so well?

 

 

 

I ate a little bit of everything and it reminded me of my mum’s cooking. She even got the flavours right.

 

 

 

How was I meant to react to this?

 

 

 

I decided to go to work today to motivate the workers and to make sure they weren’t pulling some stunt like last time when I wasn’t there.

 

 

 

They all greeted me when I walked in, bowing in respect.

 

 

 

I simply walked into my room and worked on some things Jinwoo said I needed to do for the company.

 

 

 

I heard murmurs outside and some whistling so I turned around to look outside.

 

 

 

I was immediately furious with what I saw.

 

 

 

I waited for her to sit at her desk before I went to her.

 

 

 

“Miss Minatozaki, in my room now, please.” I said through my teeth, still smiling to prevent giving away my true feelings.

 

 

 

I closed the blinds in the room and the door and simply glared at her.

 

 

 

What the hell was she thinking?

 

 

 

A/N: hehehe I'm going to leave it there today xD

Can anyone guess what Sana did?

Hope you liked the update :)

I'm excited for all the special stages tonight at Music Bank yaaaas!

A little while to go before it starts /throws confetti/