Organising The Details

最高経営責任者 のアンダーカバー - CEO Undercover

A/N: This is still in Tzuyu's POV

 

I drove down the road to my apartment and reported to my task handler about what I’ve gathered so far.

 

 

 

This job is turning out harder than usual with Sana in the picture.

 

 

 

I need to sort out my priorities before anything further happens that could put anyone in danger. I already had news that security services were dispatched to all three most possible targets of the culprit.

 

 

 

There was an apparent attempt on one of the other shareholders but the threat was neutralised by the team. They couldn't gain any information on the people who attacked though so we were still on square one. How were these people getting away from the team without being caught? It was either our teams were lacking or the threat was larger than we expected.

 

 

 

Considering Mr. Minatozaki was the closest to me, I decided to keep an extra pair of eyes on him. I'm not sure if everyone in the teams are reliable enough and trustworthy. It would be nice for him if he had a familiar face amongst the security personnel; someone he can trust more than anyone else.

 

 

 

I took a few hours in the night to observe the surroundings of his house every day for any changes or threats; so far there were none. My focus somehow always ended up on Sana instead.

 

 

 

That girl wouldn’t know if someone was following her on her life because she was always on her phone walking up the road at night. She was always giggling and staring at her phone in the darkness.

 

 

 

, I was so screwed and I knew it.

 

 

 

The next few weeks flew by quickly. There weren’t a lot of things happening at work and I tried to avoid Sana as much as I could. I had to keep my feelings away to do my job properly and succeed in my first mission. There were many reasons I had to avoid Sana honestly.

 

 

 

One, I didn’t want her to know who I was yet because she didn’t seem to recognise me. Two, I didn’t want her to get hurt or caught up in the issue more than she is already and three, she was a distraction for me; a big one. Somehow, I would unconsciously start thinking about her and that wasn't a very good thing in my line of work especially.

 

 

 

I tried to not make it very obvious that I was avoiding her but I’m pretty bad at being subtle at a lot of things and this was one of them. She came storming into my room after everyone had left work one afternoon and demanded answers.

 

 

 

“Miss. Kim, I know I’ve upset you in the past few weeks but it doesn’t mean you have to treat me coldly! I’ve been doing everything I can to please you and get you to forgive me for what I’ve done but I can’t take it anymore. You’re just treating me poorly and pretending like I don’t even exist!” She exclaimed.

 

 

 

I was amused by her reaction because she usually keeps her feelings and frustrations to herself. How was I going to go about this situation? I was indeed avoiding her and she had noticed. I can never lie to her either for some reason.

 

 

 

“Look Miss Minatozaki, I had no intention of causing any psychological distress or to upset you in any way. I’ve just been trying to do my job as best as I can and I suggest you do as well. I never knew my actions were grievous to you. I apologise for my behaviour.” I tried to reason with her.

 

 

 

She walked out, looking frustrated and I honestly didn’t know what to do. I stayed in the office for a little longer after doing some more work and then decided to leave.

 

 

 

Damn, I was really starving. I shrugged on my coat and headed out of my office room when I realised Sana was still there. She seemed like she was waiting for a while and looked tired.

 

 

 

“What are you still doing here Miss Minatozaki?” I asked, attempting to sound as professional as I could and hoping my voice wouldn’t fail me. I was surprised she was still here, I hadn't given her any tasks to do so why was she still here?

 

 

 

Sana clearly got shocked from my voice and seemed to be a little defensive before realising it was only me.

 

 

 

“Oh sorry Ma’am. I was waiting for you to finish your work.” Sana answered.

 

 

 

Hmm, a little weird.

 

 

 

“Did you need anything Miss Minatozaki?” I replied.

 

 

 

After her outburst earlier, I was surprised she would stay.

 

 

 

Maybe she was feeling bad ha-ha.

 

 

 

“Well you’ve been busy a lot recently and I still haven’t repaid you for what you’ve done for my since you’ve come to work here. And I feel like I've been very rude lately, especially today. Can I treat you to dinner that I was meant to do before?” She asked quickly, blushing as she did so.

 

 

 

It was embarrassing for her considering she just walked into my office a while ago and screamed at her me.

 

 

 

How cute!

 

 

 

This is the part where I should say no. I was meant to stay away from her not get closer to her, but I’m hungry and who can deny a free meal?

 

 

 

And it's Sana. I can never say no to the girl. If I've never done it before, how can I possibly do it now?

 

 

 

“Uh sure. Why not?” I replied, not knowing what I was getting myself into. I really hope I don't regret this decision later.

 

 

A/N: ah, thank you for your lovely comments! so many subscribers too! I'm really grateful. I will try and post more often despite my exams coming up soon because you all make me want to post :)