Chapter 8

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 8

 

(Italics)

 

'Joohyun-ah, mommy will see your mom today. I'll go over the portal and convince her to stay with us forever. You'll love that right?' A woman's voice said. The image was blurry. Irene tried to reach out for the woman's face only to be surprised that her hands were of a baby. 'Momma' she heard her own voice say. 'Soon baby~ soon we'll be with mommy too.' The lady said as she caressed her face.

 

***

 

Irene stirred from her sleep and got up. She checked the clock to see what time it was. 11:00 it says. She turned to see Wendy lying comfortably beside her with her arms on her wrapped around her tummy. She carefully removed her hands on her. She smiled on her mate and kissed her cheek before standing up. 'That weird dream again.' She said shaking her head lightly getting out of the bed.

 

She went out of the room to go downstairs in the kitchen to get something to drink. As she was drinking water, a glowing light caught her attention. She turned at the sliding doors to the small patio to see what it was. She put down the glass of water and walked over to the sliding doors. She lifted her hand as if she was in a trance. She opened the door and walk out to the garden. She followed the light until it led her to a small shrine near the handmade small waterfalls by the pond of kois. The glowing light turned into a figure. It was her. Her mom. The woman in her dreams.

 

"Mom?" She asked the figure. "My dear Joohyun~ you’ve grown so much." She recognized her from the pictures her auntie showed her. She grinned wide and stood closer to the figure. "Why are you here mom?"

 

"I can't last long my child. I'm only here to warn you... your life is about to change." Her mom told her. "I don’t understand what you're talking about mom..." she said worriedly. "Choose who you go with. Find the girl with the dragon earring. She's the only one you can trust."

 

"My mate- I can trust my mate too."

 

"Why do you think you can, my child? Are you sure she's telling you everything you ought to know?" Irene thought hard. The times where Wendy would suddenly block her out of their link... The light in front of her began to blink. "My time is up, my darling child. Remember. Find her and trust no one but her. She'll keep you safe." Before Irene can ask anything more, the light vanished.

 

**

 

Up on the trees once again, the two hybrids watched as Irene walked her way back to the Kwon's cabin. "We shouldn't be helping her." Joy said as she watched the blue light on her palm flicker. "If we don't help her, she'll kill us." She said watching Irene intently. "All we have to do is make sure Irene doesn’t get hurt from all her plans." She turned to Joy and chuckled, "besides, why are you so kind? You're a demon after all" Joy rolled her eyes on her and hugged the latter. And the two disappeared right after.

 

***

 

Wendy stirred in her sleep and felt how empty the space was next to her. She jolted right away sitting right up, turning her head left and right adjusting to the darkness enveloping the room. Her heart felt like it was caught up on . Just then the door's room opened. "You're up?" The soft voice asked. Wendy sighed at the sight of her mate. She pouted like a kid, "Where'd you go?" Irene smiled lovingly at her as she aide her way to her side. She slipped in next to her and gave her a peck on her cheek. "I woke up feeling thirsty.." she said. Wendy hugged her and kissed her forehead.

 

As she was the lady's hair she was reminded of the necklace Seohyun gave her. She rummaged on her pocket earning a curious look from the latter. She showed Irene the necklace with a crescent moon pendant. It was dark in the room but as the moonlight's rays touched the gem, it gleamed.

 

"What’s that?" Wendy then wore it for her, circling her arm around Irene to place the necklace's lock. "It's a special charm necklace for my baby doll. It'll keep you safe." she said.

 

After putting it on her, she whispered, "beautiful..." Irene smiled and touched the pendant looking at her. She then, cupped Wendy's face and gave her a kiss on her lips, lingering there for a moment before parting. "You're more beautiful." The two of them smiled at each other putting their foreheads together. "Gosh. We're so cheesy.." Irene mumbled to which Wendy giggled. "We should sleep before we fill this room with more greasy comments~ shall we?" Irene grinned and both girls slept hugging each other throughout the night.

 

***

 

The black velvet curtains in the room swayed by the strong winds indicating that a presence was made. "We've done what you wanted us to do." Yeri said crossing her arms on her chest with Joy kneeling beside her.

 

Loud clicks of stilettos can be heard tapping the marble floor. "Is that so?" A husky soft voice said. "Sooner or later, she'll be coming to find you." Joy said looking up. "Did your sister take notice of the changes around her, Yeri?" Yeri sneered. "She's not stupid. She and the fairy placed tons of changes inside Michino. But no worries. As long as we have those chains the dragons gave us, we'll be undetected inside the field."

 

"Let's not be over confident. First, we must secure what is needed."

 

"When are you planning to show up then?" The voice behind the shadow chuckled at Yeri's question. "Why? Are you already sick playing kid?" She asked seemingly amused with the girl. "Little patience. I'll show up when she needs me most."

 

***

 

Another day at class was made with Yerim still sitting between the lovers. 'I swear to the gods and all the deities I know I'll rip this kid’s head off.' Wendy mumbled in her head as she copied the notes in her book. 'What did I say about being barbaric, baby?' Irene interrupted. "Unnie, can you help me go to a shop after class?" Yerim whispered to Irene. Irene threw a fast look at Wendy. 'Go with her. Seulgi and I will be busy after school...'

 

'Pack?' Irene asked. Wendy just made a curt nod. Irene turned to the young girl beside her. "What's store is it, baby?" With that statement itself, Irene flinched at the aura Wendy was giving away. 'What~ she's our baby!' Irene reasoned out thru their link. Wendy sighed.

 

"It's an antique store I saw on my way here to school." The girl chided cheerfully. The bell rang making the three of them look ahead of them.

 

The professor placed her hand on the desk looking sternly at them. "Don’t forget to review for your mock exams next meeting." She reminded before dismissing them. As soon as the professor walked out of the room Amber stood up and ran to Wendy and Irene's desk. "Have you heard?!" She asked excitedly. Seulgi and Krystal joined them, "Heard what?" Seulgi asked as Krystal s her hands around her mate possessively. "Tiffany's back in town!!!" Amber squealed like a kid who got a present on Christmas eve’s. Irene felt Yerim stiffen upon hearing the name.

 

She looked at her and saw nothing weird on the girl. Was she just imagining things again? She pushed those thoughts away before Wendy could even catch it. Wendy smiled widely. "Really?!" Wendy's reaction sparked jealousy to a certain someone. "Who's Tiffany?" Irene said out loud raising a brow on Wendy. The three other werewolves smirked at Wendy while Yerim looked at her curiously.

 

'Jealous?' Wendy asked thru their link. "I asked who Tiffany is. Are you not going to answer me?" Irene's tone was getting scarily cold. "She's our sunbae. 2 years ahead of us. She used to hang out with us. She's close to my family. She was sent to San Francisco through an exchange program. A friend." Wendy explaied with a lopsided smile playing on her lips. Irene looked at her straight in the eye, 'Make sure she's just A FRIEND.' she said thru their link and smiled at her creepily.

 

She grabbed Yerim's hand as she stood up. "Let’s go, Yerim-ah. Your Wendy unnie will be having lunch without us." She said before throwing a look on her mate again, "She's going to have to catch up with Tiffany the friend." She finished lacing her words with poisonous sarcasm earning 'oohs' from the three other werewolves in the room. With that the two went out of the room. Amber then piped in, "Trouble in paradise eh? Irene's jealous." Wendy followed Irene's back with a loving gaze, sighing as she puts her chin on her hands. "She's so cute when she's jealous." She said dreamily. "Whipped..."

 

"Try having a mate Am~ you'll be no less than that." Krystal said while Seulgi and her exchange some loving gaze with each other as if they were talking to each other, which they might really be doing at the moment. Amber shook her head. "You're all whipped."

 

***

 

The two ladies brought their lunch to the school's garden. They were sitting comfortably on the bench. "You haven't said anything unnie." Yerim whispered breaking the silence between them. "About?" Irene played dumb. "Nothing unnie." Yerim said giving the latter an eye smile to which she smiled back.

 

Irene knew what she was referring to. It was the incident when she first met her. "You'll help me after school right?"

 

"Of course~" Irene then began to pack their trash. "Yerim-ah, have you made any friends besides us?" She asked her carefully while doing so. Yerim's eyes gleamed from her grey to green to brown again. She looked at Irene cautiously. Irene didn't see this cause she was busy picking up their trash. As soon as she looked up to her, the colors on Yerim's eyes stabilized already.

 

"Ive met one before meeting you, unnies." Irene raised her brow. "I was lost on my first day here at school and met her." Irene thought that she must be talking about that girl she saw with her at the shed. She was about to ask more questions when the bell rang. "We should go back. Our class will start soon." Yerim said helping her throw their trash at the bin.