Chapter 28: The Auction House

Hybrid's Mate

“You’re bound to die when I’m with you on a quest?” Yoona asked, her face showed fear, anger and confusion. Seohyun just smiled at her apologetically.

 

“What do you mean?” Yuri asked Seohyun.

 

Seohyun just continued to smile apologetically and looked down. She touched her shoulder the way Dara touches her shoulder in the memory she showed them. “It’s a curse I have to cary. But it doesn’t always happen the way one would expect it. It’s more of a death flag rather than my life being at end and besides, I always reincarnate anyway.” she said as she looked up with a smile.

 

“It sounds like an otome game to me.” Sunny joked to lighten up the mood.

 

Yoona looked grimly at her then at Seohyun. “I’m not going with you.”

 

 

Seohyun chuckled. It sounded sarcastic to everyone inside the room. “Whether you go or not it’s bound to happen.” ‘We’ve already met. That’s enough to be a death flag to me’ she thought to herself. “I’ll be going after Dara to reassure her. Then I’ll go to Nereides to get some suplly for the trip. It’s an auction so we’ll need lots of money.” she then looked around he room, her look lingering on Yoona longer than the others. “Whoever’s going to go with me we can just meet at Nereides tomorrow. There’s a direct portal there to Macau.” with that she walked out after Dara.

 

 

When she left Sunny looked at Yoona. “You have to understand Dara. She and her share the same real timeline. Seohyun was there before Dara even became immortal and vie versa."

 

“Why?” Krystal asked in confusion and everyone looked at her. “Why does she need to understand Seohyun’s relationship with Dara?” she continued.

 

 

“She’s her mate, obviously.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Wait- what?!” Jessica exclaimed and looked accusingly at Yoona. ‘How the can someone with disgusting personality have an angel for a mate?’ she thought carelessly reaching Yuri’s consciousness. Yuri chuckled and Jessica suddenly flushed red realizing her thoughts reached Yuri.

 

 

“I thought it was obvious?” Victoria said to which Luna made a nod and said, “Yeah. Her looks were like- always throwing daggers on Dara whenever Seohyun and Dara are together.”  

 

 

“I guess you guys didn’t know since we’re still different packs after all.” Yoona answered Jessica’s judging look which only made Yuri smirk at her mate.

 

 

Krystal made a pout and punched Seulgi’s arm. “Why didn’t you tell me!” she yelled at her childishly. Seulgi laughed and hugged her. “You didn’t ask. So, I never thought it was necessary.” She said as she kissed her temple. Krystal just remained sulky in her arms like  a spoiled mate she is.

 

 

“I still think you should go with her Yoona.” Taeyeon said in a serious tone.

 

“Why?” Yoona’s voice faltered which shocked everyone. “You heard her, she’s most likely to die if I go with her in a quest.” she was sweating bullets.

 

“Most likely.” Taeyeon emphasized. “If you’re there you can protect her. Right? That will minimize the risk rather than sending her alone. None of us can go with her in this situation.” She reasoned out as she looked around the room.

 

‘Shes right.’ Yoona thought as she looked around. Yuri and Jessica can’t, since they’ll be planning to subdue the traitor. Seulgi will most likely help them with her mate. Seulgi never leaves the pack. She knows, understands and respects that. Luna is bedridden, Victoria wont leave her. Same as Sunny and Taeyeon- and Wendy. Wendy will not leave her human mate in this kind of situation. ‘ that human mate. Such a drag.’ she thought to herself. Her mind wandering with sudden hate losing sight of the real issue. ‘Wendy is such a wuss to keep her. She was better off as a mate to Tiffany. At least Tiffany practiced some sorcery.’ she thought. Her mind suddenly realized what she just thought. “Tiffany.”

 

“What about her?” Jessica asked in disgust. She never liked Tiffany. For some reasons her fur stands up even with just the mention of her name. Yoona somewhat understood since Albino wolves are cursed by a witch.

 

“Maybe we should ask her to accompany Seohyun instead of me?” she looked at Taeyeon then at Yuri. You know her Yul. She’s talented enough to protect her.”

 

“Should we really involve a human in this fiasco? I know Tiffany is talented in witchcraft but she’s stll human...” Luna asked cautiously.

 

“Haven’t we involved one already?” Yoona smirked at her sarcastically. “To be honest, Tiffany is more useful than that dumb human Wendy has now for a mate. It’s really a shame Wendy rejected Tiffany.”

 

“Watch your words.” Yuri growled.

 

“What? I’m right tho. If Wendy mated with her their pups would somehow have magic too.” she smirked as she walked around the room looking at each and everyone of them.

 

“ you Yoona. You don’t even know why Wendy broke their bonds.” Jessica was on the verge of jumping on . Krystal was holding tightly at Seulgi. As if trying to control her anger as she glared at her.

 

“Ah! I know!” Yoona said mockingly. “Maybe we should just make that human into one of us. I’m sure we still have that formula for that serum somewhere-”

 

Yoona dropped with her jaw dislocated on the ground. It earned some screams from Luna, Jessica, Sunny and Victoria.  

 

“Seulgi’s eyes were changing as she stood above Yoona. Her fist had a trace of blood. “Yuri unnie said ‘watch your words’.” She growled. Yoona looked up at her fearfully holding her jaw and correcting jaw. She looked at Seulgi’s hand. It was still in human form.

 

It would’ve been bad if it wasn’t. Werewolf inflicted wounds and damages on another werewolf wouldn’t heal. Yoona then looked at Krystal who was glaring down at her at the sofa near Luna’s bed. ‘She wasn’t holding herself back...’ she then looked up at Seulgi who was on the verge of berserk. ‘She was holding this demi-wolf back.’ Yoona made a spit of blood when her jaw was in place. She forgot for a moment about Seulgi’s origins.

 

She laughed. “My bad.” She stood up. Wiping the blood on and dusting off her self off of none existing dust. “I forgot.” She smirked as she looked down on her which was easy because of her tall figure.

 

“Yoona.” A cold voice called out to her. Yoona stood rigidly in her place. “You seem to be forgetting why you’re beta of this pack.” Seulgi mocked. Krystal behind her smirked amused at the situation.

 

“You can leave Yoona.” Taeyeon ordered afraid where the argument will take them.

 

“You’re only in that position because I wasn’t born as a werewolf. But it’s clear Im more capable than you to be in that position.” Seulgi’s killing intent aura made it harder for Yoona to breathe.

 

“Enough of that Seulgi. You’re scaring the beta.” Krystal mocked as she held her back and led her to the sofa to seat again.

 

 

Yoona gritted her teeth.

 

 

“You’ll go with Seohyun tomorrow. It’s an order.” Taeyeon told her. Yoona glared at Seulgi one last time before going out.

 

 

“That was a low blow on her Seul.” Sunny said to Seulgi.

 

 

“She shouldn’t have brought up about the serum in the first place. She had it coming.” Seulgi said nonchalantly as Krystal wipes her knuckles off of Yoona’s blood.

 

 

Yes, it was indeed a blow on Yoona’s big ego that she became beta just because according to tradition people in position in the pack should be born as a werewolf. But Yoona wasn’t always this insecure about herself. It’s all because of a spell Tiffany cast on her a long time ago withought her even realizing it- she was already under a spell that will cloud her judgement thanks to her insecure heart.

 

 

***

 

   The day of the quest came. Yoona went to Nereides as planed to meet Seohyun.

 

“You’re here.” Seohyun greeted her with a smile. Yoona looked up and saw her sitting at a boulder.

 

‘Fine. If no one wants to come with you and try to protect you even with them knowing you’ll die if you go with me, then I’ll just have to work harder not to make that happen.’ Yoona thought as she smiled at her and said, “Yes. Did you wait long?” Seohyun shook her head and flew down to meet her. She tucked her wings away and assumed her human form. “Not really. Come this way. The portal is here.”

 

They both walked into the portal and was sent into Champion Macau Auction House.

 

“The most awaited auction for the star of the night, ‘Ares Spear’ will be begining at hall Maria in 20 minutes.”

 

The announcement notified.

 

“I guess we’re just in time?” Yoona smiled. “Yeah, we stll have time.” Seohyun said. She led Yoona into a the restroom and pushed her inside a cubicle. It was big enough. It was a cubicle for disabled. “H-hey, wait. I-I’m not used to this kind of aggressiveness.” Yoona said, flushed red as she was pushed to seat down on the toilet.

 

“What the hell are you saying?” Seohyun asked at her confused.

 

“I thought you brought me here for a quickie?” Yoona smirked at her as she crossed her arms on her chest. Seohyun was dumfounded. “So, I assume you always do that to your previous conquest huh?” she asked disgustingly. Yoona gulped dow, her lips turning into a fine line.

 

Seohyun readjusted her ring and hovered it over Yoona. Yoona’s jean and tshirt turned into a suit with matching slacks. Then she spread her wings. Her wings covered her body and transformed into a red dress with a complementing make up. “Stunning.” Yoona couldn’t help but say. Seohyun smirked at her. Yoona realized, when an angel smirks at you- it’s game over.

 

‘Damn, I love her.’ she thought to herself.

 

 

 

***

 

 

The two seated in two rows behind the VIP section. The auction staff brought the covered glass box in the stage.

 

 

“The time has now come for us to auction this timeless jewelry- the Ares Spear.” the auction host then pulled the piece of cloth covering the box. There lay majestically the necklace they were after in this quest.

 

 

“The initial bidding will start at 10,000 US Dollar.”

 

 

Seohyun raised her number confidently.

 

 

“We have that much money on us?” Yoona whispered.

 

“Just shut up and look at the people around us. We might see someone connected to the incidences happening back at home.”

 

“11!” Someone shouted at the front seat VVIP section.”

 

“$11,000 for this gentleman right here. Any more bid?” The host asked.

 

“12!” another voice across the room said.

 

“That voice...” Seohyun whispered. “Yong...”

 

Yoona looked at her, “You’re calling my nickname?”

 

“13!”

 

“No, I’m talking about the guy who raised it to 11 and now 13.”  

 

“14!” Yoona grabbed the raised the number from Seohyun and raised it.

 

“15!” The guy on the front row said again.”

 

“Seohyun, you have to focus now. We can just find out about the guy later. We have to bring this necklace back home.” She whispered then raised the number again, “16”

 

“Another raise over there!!!” The host boomed.

 

 “But if it’s the ‘Yong’ I know, we wont ever get the necklace.” Seohyun muttered.

 

 

“20” the man in front raised the number and looked back at them.

 

 

The man’s eyes and Seohyun’s met. The man smiled at her. “. It’s him. Jung Yonghwa.”

 

Author's Note:

Once again, I did not proof read. sorry for wrong spellings and wrong grammars. Enjoy the calm before the storm. -dandyubunny