Chapter 29: Meeting the Emperor

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 29


 

The bid for the necklace went up to $100,000,000 and in the end Seohyun and Yoona couldn’t manage to win the necklace.


 

The man from the VVIP section then approached them once the host of the auction house said that the event was done., two flower boys following closely- one wearing red and the other blue. But even with their flower boy face and somewhat lanky build Yoona could tell they weren’t someone she would risk messing with. The two flower boys were wearing identical changsan with silver emblem of a flower being guarded by a dragon on the right side of their chest. The man walking ahead of them- his imposing aura rivals any royals out there and it was more noticeable than his attire and accessories. His ears adorned with a dragon earring.


 

“Long time no see Seohyun.” The guy wearing silver suit lined with gold dragons embroidery greeted them. “Who would have thought that our most awaited reunion would happen here at the auction house?” The man then reached for her hand and kissed the back of it gently as courtesy.


 

Seohyun’s lips formed a thin line and replied, “It’s a pleasure to see you again, Prince Yonghwa.” she then gave him a cordial smile. “It’s Emperor Yonghwa now. I take it that you haven’t visited Draco Campis in a long time. So, I’ll forgive you this once.”


 

“Your grace is so generous, thank you.” Seohyun made a bow to him. This irked Yoona but her attention was called out by the man called Yonghwa. “Is this her in this lifetime?” The man said as he eyed Yoona from head to toe. Yoona smirked at him trying to hide her irritation. “Yes, your highness.” Seohyun plainly replied.


 

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and reached out his hand to hold hers. “How many times do you need to go through this? You should’ve took my offer to be my princess a long time ago. You could’ve been empress now.” Yonghwa then threw a sharp look of despise at Yoona’s way. Yoona didn’t know why but she suddenly felt so guilty for some reasons. “If you don’t take care of Seohyun well in this lifetime- I’m never giving her up the next time she reincarnates.” Yonghwa’s murderous aura spreads through hall Maria as he says this.


 

Yoona unknowingly gulps the none existing lump on . His murderous aura was no joke. It made her hard to breathe. “Of course, I would take care of her.”


 

Yonghwa blatantly ignored her and turned to Seohyun. “By the way, why were you even competing with me with the necklace?” His eyes glowed as he talked to Seohyun.


 

Yoona couldn’t hide her irritation anymore and she placed her arm around Seohyun’s waist before answering, “We needed the necklace back home for safety and security reasons, your highness.” The last words of knowing his position leaving a bitter after taste


 

Yonghwa then started removing his necklace with a pendant of a red salvia and a red dragon hugging it. The two flowerboy beside him moved to try to stop him by Yonghwa gave them a signal that it’s okay by holding his right hand up. The two stopped and stepped back once more. “You know the spear is actually a dragon's scale. That's why only dragons can spot dragons when they don't change forms. I can’t give you the Ares Spear because it’s my mother’s keepsake, her scale. But you can most definitely have my dragon scale.” Yonghwa reached for Seohyun’s hand again to put the necklace on her hand closing it for her to hold the necklace. “This can only be used by you, since I gave it to you. I’m not sure how you’ll use it but please take care of it.”


 

“Y-Your Highness- I can’t possibly accept this. It’s your own scale.. I-I-... We can’ pay for this.”


 

“Payment? It doesn’t have to be paid right now.” Yonghwa said. Seohyun took his words as Yonghwa giving her face. “Thank you, your Highness.” She said, with a genuine smile playing on her lips.


 

Seohyun placed the necklace around her neck then looked at Yonghwa.


 

“It suits you.”


 

Seohyun just smiled at him and then made a curtsy. “Thank you your Highness, but I’m afraid we have to leave now. We desperately need this necklace right now at Lykos.” Yonghwa just smiled lovingly at her and made a curt nod.  


 

At this point Yoona can’t help but feel inscure and jealous.. Sure, her family was filthy rich- but how can a rich family compete with a royalty. The royal in front of her was was clearly hitting on Seohyun yet she can’t do anything about it.


 

They look so perfect together- as if she was the one that was out of the picture- yet she bowed down to Yonghwa and followed Seohyun out of Hall Maria.


 

***


 


 

“Sire, why did you give her your scale together with the salvia pendant?” Kang MinHyuk- the flowerboy wearing blue remarked.


 

“Does she even know what that pedant means?” Lee Jungshin the flowerboy wearing red jests.


 

“She doesn’t notice it yet- but sooner or later she’ll know what it means.” Yonghwa smirked and turned to them. “With the aristrocrat factions going against me and forcing me to find a wife, I think I just solved it right now. Don’t you think so?”


 

The three males looked at Seohyun’s back walking away.


 

Yonghwa whispered, “See you soon, my Empress.”


 

***


 

“Here.” Dara said as she threw two ziplocks at Seulgi. “What's this?” Seulgi asked.


 

“If informed Wendy about our plan and she brought that this morning. It’s Irene’s clothes and Wendy’s. We’re using their scent as bait.” Dara explained.


 

Yuri then stood up towering over Haridan looking at tags where Wendy and Irene are then to where Nicole was. “How are we going to go on about this plan? Nicole is still lurking around the dorm complex?”


 

“We’ll let Wendy and Irene leave the dorms. In this intersection..." Dara said as she points out the intersection near the dorms. "Krystal and Seulgi will drive the same car model as theirs. The plates won't matter.  We’ll confuse Nicole with smells and lead her at the top of the cliff here “ she said as she navigates her fingers through Haridan.


 

“Will it work?” Krystal asked.


 

“It will. I’ve ‘accidentally’ told Nicole that Wendy will take Irene for a date at the cliffs. I also put amplifying spell with the clothes I gave you so the scent will be stronger in your car than in Wendy’s. By the time she gets there, Yuri, Jessica and me will be waiting for ambush.” Dara explained.


 

“Then let’s get this done and over. I want my happy family back.” Seulgi smirked as she stared down at Nicole’s name.