Chapter 7: Lady's command

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 7

 

 

A young girl with blond hair entered. Irene recognized her right away. She was the girl who was drinking that mysterious drink inside the shed a while ago.

 

"Introduce yourself."

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Yerim imnida." she said with a bow.

 

"Kim Yerim here is just 16 years old. She was accelerated to your year level. Be nice and make her comfortable as much as possible, okay?" Mr. Park informed with his hands resting on his waist.

 

The class answered in chorus with a yes.

 

"You can sit beside Ms. Liu now, Ms. Kim."

 

The girl named Yerim then walked towards Amber but stopped in front of Irene and Krystal.

 

Both girls looked at the new kid with curiosity in their eyes.

 

Yerim then grabbed Irene's jacket and clung to it cutely.

 

"Nae?" Irene asked, getting the professor's attention again.

 

"Is there a problem, Ms. Kim?" he asked eyeing Yerim and her hand on Irene.

 

Yerim put up her puppy-dog face and laced her voice with aegyo. "Can this unnie be my guardian?"

 

Irene's eye bulged as if they were to leave their sockets. "Seonsaengnim, I'm new to this school too. I may not know places she have to go and classes she should attend." she then faced the girl who was clinging to her as if one would cling for her dear life. The kid looked like she was about to cry. Irene felt miserable to put up that facial expression on her.

 

Like on cue, as if a magical knight she was; Wendy burst in the classroom with Seulgi behind her.

 

"I'm sorry we're late, Sir." she said sending a message to Irene at the same time through their link. "Don’t worry babydoll, I'll handle this."

Mr. Park tapped his foot somewhat impatiently because her lecture keeps being interrupted today. He then heaved a sigh as an idea came across his mind.

 

"Joah. Since you're both late, you be responsible for the new students. Ms. Kang, you be responsible for Ms. Jung." He then looked at Wendy with disdain. "And you Miss Kwon, since you're so good at everything-" he said his sarcasm overflowing to which Irene secretly chuckled to. "You'll be responsible of Ms. Kim and Ms. Bae."

 

Amber, Krystal and Irene smirked as the two puts up an act of being so sorry for their tardiness. Both of them were asked to sit next to the transfer students they're assigned to take care of. Having two under her wing, Wendy transferred with Irene and Yerim at the long table at the back of the classroom.

 

***

 

The lessons just came and go and everyone were now focused on it. All the while, Yerim didn't let go of Irene's sleeves while sitting next to her, which irritated Wendy.

 

'What's with that kid touching you?' Wendy tapped on their link.

 

'Down boy. She's not doing anything. She's just a kid.'

 

 'Yeah right.' She groaned, putting her hands on her forehead before speaking again. 'She's just a kid but she gets to touch what's mine?! Do you know how much self-control I'm using right now to keep my hands to myself?' Wendy said glaring at the writings on the board.

 

Irene smirked as she felt so loved and special with Wendy's over protectiveness, so she replied back on their link with a smug on her face. 'I'll give you a kiss after this period for your hard work.' Her smirk grew wider when she felt how giddy Wendy was with her words.

 

'Just think of her as our daughter. She's just a kid after all.'

 

'Our child?' Wendy smiled. 'I'd love that. Have our own in the future too.'

 

Irene then threw a quick look at Wendy which made her smile- wide enough for Yerim to notice.

 

"Unnie, why are you smiling?" Yerim asked.

 

"Oh- uhm.. nothing. I was just reminded of something."

 

"Ohh~" The kid then looked at Wendy before speaking again, "can I eat with you after this period unnie?" She asked lacing he voice with aegyo once again.

 

Irene looked at her then at Wendy asking for help.

 

'There goes my kiss after this class' Wendy sighed.

 

Irene smiled at her and held her hand under the table squishing it lightly before turning to Yerim. "Sure. You can join me and Wendy."

 

***

 

"Yes auntie. It went well." Irene said nodding and humming on the phone as she talked to her aunt. "Yes. The dorm is good too." A silence followed, but as a werewolf with super hearing powers, Wendy heard it loud and clear- the words on the other line.

 

[Irene, dear can't you just stay here at home? Is this what growing up is? Being sick of your dear imo?] The lady on the other line asked. Wendy smiled at that. She figured that Irene's aunt loves her so much.

 

"Noooo~" Irene whined then looked at Wendy straight in the eye. "But the dorm is inside the campus anyways. It's closer. You know how dangerous night drives are, right?" She reasons out.

 

The lady on the other line sighed. [Okay, I understand... just drop by here every Sundays- okay?] Her aunt begged her.

 

"Of course... I'll go now, okay? I love you, imo."

 

[Take care sweet heart~ I love you too.] With that, Irene hang up. She faced Wendy who was sitting on the couch inside the cabin.

 

Their first day at school went well. Wendy toured Irene and Yerim around the school.

 

To take care of the two of them better, they visited her sister’s office to ask for Yerim to have the same schedule as theirs.

 

After the day ended, they drove Yerim home just two blocks away from the school. Wendy was honestly surprised when she saw where Yerim lived.

It was the mansion owned by a fairy who died 5 years ago. But she shrugged it off. After all, she didn't smell anything weird on the kid. And with wolves roaming around the school, it'll be impossible for a supernatural being to hide. The werewolves will surely catch a whiff of them.

 

Right now, the lovers are back at the Kwon cabin inside the latter's room. Irene slouched beside Wendy on the couch snuggling to Wendy's neck. She whispered, "So, ready to claim your kiss baby?"

 

Irene's hot breath on Wendy's neck sent shivers down her spine. Wendy looked down on her mate and smirked. "Is it still valid?"

 

Irene chuckled and kissed Wendy's cheek before answering. "Of course~"

 

Wendy circled her arms around Irene's waist before leaning in for a kiss.

 

It started slow, with the both of them nipping each other's lips.

 

Irene feeling bold at the moment, moved to sit on Wendy's lap. She on the latter's lower lip, making Wendy gasp. Irene took this chance to enter her tongue inside Wendy's mouth.

 

Both of them released a satisfied moan when their tongues touched.

 

Irene s her right hand on Wendy's side, hiking up the girl's shirt up to touch some skin.

 

BANG!

 

The door opened up widely.

 

Irene immediately got off of Wendy and looked at the door to see who the hell it was that disturbed them.

 

"Oops... sorry." Dara said biting her lower lip. "I didn't mean to disturb you guys!" She raised her right hand, "I swear to the river of Styx!"

 

Wendy on the other hand felt flushed but the moment and tried to snap out of it.

 

Irene rolled her eyes on Dara. She's fond of this vampire but right now- she hates her.

"I'll go to the bathroom." She said in a low tone, standing up from the couch. 'Send her out- gahd! I'm so embarrassed! She'll think we’re some teens now!’ Irene's reaction betrayed her thoughts that were sent to her mate.

 

Wendy stood right away and chuckled in her head as soon as Irene closed the door of the bathroom in her room.

 

"What is it?" Wendy asked stepping out of the room and closing it.

 

Dara stretched her neck out trying to look past Wendy as the door closes, "Is she upset?" She asked first.

 

"No." Wendy smirked, "just embarrassed."

 

"Aww~ that's cute! I understand tho- you two haven't consummate your rights yet." She said with a matter of fact sass. "Tell her I won’t judge~"

 

Wendy just made a curt nod.

 

"And, you should follow me for a while. I have to show you something. Seohyun and I found something interesting." She said hanging from her kid-like mode in a serious tone.

 

***

 

Dara walked ahead of her to her room. As soon as they entered, they were greeted with a blinding blue light.

 

Wendy's eyes adjusted with the circumstances.

 

When her eyes got used to it, she saw Seohyun flying over the glowing replica of the town made of legos inside Dara's room.

 

Dara turned to her with a smug plastered on her face. "Welcome, Kwon Seungwan. Beta and future Alpha of Wolfsbane's pack." She extended her arm presenting the Lego town. "This is my new toy. Haridan." She smirked.

 

The two walked closer to it as Seohyun gracefully went down. "This is a replica of Michino. More improved than the one you use inside the main house." She flicked her fingers and yellow lights appeared on the Lego town- Haridan.

 

"Those yellow dots are existence I placed in this city earlier day after the meeting." Seohyun explained. "Don't worry, they’re so small that the demon hybrids we're hunting won't even notice them. I placed them as plants."

 

"They'll work like cctvs inside the city. And if anything strange comes up, they’ll turn red." Dara explained further.

 

Dara then flicked her fingers again. Green lights with names appeared on the Haridan. "Those are our allies on their post right now. This way, we'll know when to go easily when troubles arises."

 

"How would we know if something is wrong then?" Wendy asked.

 

"Good question." Seohyun smiled. "Watch this..." Seohyun whispered a spell under her breath and then a mirror appeared before her. "Activate... Pandaimónio."

 

A bright white light appeared on top of Seulgi and Krystal's post where a name was just like how rrpg games would be.

 

Wendy flinched.

 

"Don't worry, I already notified them about this. They're training right now, and agreed to this."

 

Wendy brows formed a knit. She's worried of her bestfriend. The monster that appeared before them was a chimera.

 

After a few minutes later of watching the green dots and a huge white light moving on Haridan, the white light disappeared.

 

"As you can see, monsters and demon hybrids will be seen on Haridan like that." Seohyun explained.

 

"And restricted spells?" Wendy pushed.

 

Dara flicked her fingers in the air again. A glowing violet light showed up next to where Hara's name is. "It'll show up like that."

 

After a few second the violet light disappeared. Wendy assumed that Hara dealt with it as well.

 

"There's a flaw with restricted spells tho. The Haridan can't detect small ones. Just the big ones~" Dara said pouting.

Wendy raised a brow at her. "Why are you showing me this again?" Wendy asked her. "I'm beta. Not alpha. You should show this to my sister or Taeyeon. Not to me." She reasoned out.

 

Seohyun flew to the shelves again. "It's your mate who got attacked. Targeted in my opinion~ it is only right that you get to see this first." Seohyun said as she browsed the shelves.

 

Dara shrugged and smiled, "just like what she said, she's your mate. You out of all care so much for that child." She handed Wendy a watch. "Here, it's a mini version of Haridan. I'm giving it to you. So use it wisely."

 

Seohyun looked down at them, "Don't worry, Wendy. We'll develop more protective spells around the city to ensure her safety." She said holding a big book on her hand. She flew and landed in front of Wendy. She opened the book- no it wasn't a book. It was a jewelry box disguised as one. She pulled off a necklace out of it and gave it to Wendy. "Take it, and think of her."

 

Wendy did as what she was told and thought of the woman of her life. The pendant of the necklace changed from a sunflower to a crescent moon.

 

"Make her wear it all the time." Seohyun said.

 

"For precautions." Dara mumbled.

 

**

 

After the little show and tell about Dara's new toy, Wendy went back to her room. She found Irene already curled up on her bed and smiled warmly at her.

 

She carefully lied down next to her and ran her fingers through the latter's hair. She kissed her forehead and whispered, "I'll die protecting you, babydoll."

 

Irene smiled and replied, "I'd appreciate that, but I don't want you to die." She said with her eyes close, scooting closer to Wendy and circling her arm on her to hug her. "I don't think I can live without you..." she whispered. "I know that's too cheesy and so clichè- but that's how I feel Seungwan..."

 

Wendy chuckled and kissed Irene's forehead again before hugging her too.

"So, I command you not to die unless I'm beside you..." Irene mumbled in a spleepy tone.

 

"Yes, my lady." Wendy said giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

 

With that, Irene drifted to dreamland.