Chapter 42: If I can’t have her no one can

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 42: If I can’t have her no one can

 

 

 

“You vermin! How can you let her shift into something like you?! Mongrel!” Hwayoung shouts as she hysterically swings her sword blindly and swooping into their direction but before she can even reach her Dara attacked her from behind while Wendy lunge at her with Irene both clawing at her. However, all of them missed with the sudden stop mid-air Hwayoung twisting her body mid-air swinging her claymore wounding both Wendy and Dara sustaining a wound.

 

 

 

‘Damn it- she even calculated that mid-air?’ Wendy said through their pack link. “I thought you were only good at witchcraft turns out you’re talented with swordsmanship too.” Dara says as she swishes her right arm- blood splashing her blood at the ground from the cut she got, tearing her left arm sleeves then tying her hand to the sword. Irene thought why are they calling her great if she came out unscathed.

 

 

 

“She’s good that’s why you’re not hurt.” Dara says as if she read her mind- which she did. Irene isn’t used with differentiating pack and mate link yet. “She purposely twisted her sword dodging you. It was fast- in a split second she did that.” Dara explains as she tightens the knot on her hand and the sword. Irene thought she tore the cloth to wrap around her wound but turns out she just didn’t want the sword to slip from her hand due to her injured arm.

 

 

 

Irene looked towards Tiffany’s way. She was now kneeling on the ground with the sword supporting herself to stand up. “Shut up!” she slashes the wind with her claymore once more and the wind coming from it would’ve cut them if Dara didn’t put on a barrier in time.

 

 

 

“Tiffany! I know you’re still there. Come home. We’re waiting for you!” Krystal shouts at the top of her lungs as tears threaten to fall down her cheeks. “Come home.” She says extending her hand to her while she still stands inside the barrier.

 

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes started changing colors again. “Soojung…” she whispered softly as she cries. “I want to go home.”

 

 

 

Her face started contorting in pain. She starts falling onto her knees again, her hands clawing the dirt beneath her as she screams in pain.

 

 

 

Irene turns to Wendy whining, ‘What’s happening to my sister?’ she says.

Wendy was perplexed, it was the first time she was hearing this. ‘What do you mean?’

 

 

 

‘She’s, my sister. Miyoung- why are you all calling her other names?’

 

 

**

 

 

Yerim has once again eaten existence at the cemetery, but this time Victoria started pointing out tombstones where she should be drinking from. “Who are these people anyway?” she questioned when she felt that they were powerful ones, “Is it okay for them not to be remembered?” she asked.

 

 

 

“Oh, they’re just high profile narcistic criminals. Not worth remembering at all.” She says nonchalantly. “Are you ready to go?” she asks. “I have to make sure I ate enough. Who knows how badly are they hurt from the fight. I have to heal them too as well as fight if needed be.” She said as she drinks another one yet again. Honestly, she was starting to feel bloated, but the future she saw wasn’t promising at all. She had to make sure to save Tiffany at least. “Poor child…” she let out a sigh.

 

 

 

“Huh? Who?” Victoria says.

 

 

 

“No. Nothing, nevermind.” She stood up and said, “Let’s go help them.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, wouldn’t be such a shame if you over-ate and tried to heal corpses?”

Yerim purses her lips.

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Yuri and Taeyeon arrived at camp with Sooyoung. As soon as they arrived, they saw Lykos Village on fire. It seems like Hwayoung also sent some clay wolves this way too. The other pack members were putting out fires from houses, a lot of them are wounded. They must’ve tried to fight off the wolves. It was a good decision to evacuate the elders and children beforehand.

 

 

 

Yuri saw Jessica and Seulgi defending the Big House as Luna was being supported by Sunny who seemed to have recovered a bit already.

 

 

 

“Sica!” Yuri shouts getting their attention.

 

 

 

“Yuri! Taeng!” Jessica shouts back as she tries to push off the clay wolves.

 

 

 

“No! Don’t wound them, you’ll get hurt back!” She shouts as she shifts in to her wolf form, so did Taeyeon, having Sooyoung on her back. They both jumped inside the barricade of seats and tables set up in front of the big house. Taeyeon puts Sooyoung down gently beside Sunny and shifts immediately going to her mate’s side. “Why are you both up? You’re not well enough yet.” She says with her brows furrowed in worry.

 

 

“Sooyoung what are you doing here? Where’s Krystal?”

“With Dara, your vamp said pick your girl up.” She said before collapsing on the porch.

“Oh, my gods! Is she okay?” Jessica says in concern.

“She’s okay. Just passed out.” Yuri answers as she shifts.

 

 

Sunny smiles at her caressing her face, “You think I’d let the pack be? My Alpha isn’t here, I have to at least support my beta- but she isn’t here too. I can’t reach her too through the pack link.” She said with tired eyes.

 

 

 

“I told you; she’s gone rogue.” Seulgi spat with hate. She then turned to Yuri and Seulgi. “Luna said they can only be dealt with a huge amount of water- like washing away dirt. That’s what we have been doing to hold out. We’ve also spread the information.” Seulgi said nodding her head towards the large hose lying on the ground. “But as you can see, we’re out of water.”

 

 

 

“That’s why I proposed something.” Luna said clutching her chest as she carefully sat down beside Sooyoung. “I plan to flood Lykos with the water from the river. The decision is yours.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Yuri looked at each other for a moment before Yuri said, “Having the city drenched with water than picking up ashes is definitely better.”

 

 

 

“Do you have strength for that?” Taeyeon says concern of her pack’s tracker.

 

“It’s good, I’m not the one who’s doing it. We’re paying.” She smiles as she shows them sand cash.

 

**

 

‘She’s, my sister. Miyoung- why are you all calling her other names?’

 

Wendy looked at Dara. ‘The child you bit- all this time. I was her Dara. It’s Tiffany.’ She said through the pack link.

 

Dara’s face contorted in guilt and pain. They both looked at her direction, Krystal looked at Irene and said, “We’ll tell you everything later.” She says but it din't help irene's anxiety at the situation better. Krystal then turned to tiffany to extend her hand again. “Tiffany, let’s go home! We’re all waiting for you!” she shouts.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Tiffany!” It was Hwayoung’s voice resonating in the woods. But it sounded like something else. It was distorted. “There’s no Tiffany anymore! This body is mine!!!” she shouts as fire engulfed her body and she raised from the ground. “I have searched far and wide for Irene. She is mine as much as she is yours Dara. But if I can’t have her- then no one else can. No one is going home with anyone anymore!” She shouts as she began shooting fire at their direction.

 

 

 

The fire spell she was using was too strong, the barrier Dara put up was becoming smaller and smaller.

 

 

 

‘Give me something.’ Wendy growls at Dara. Dara’s brow furrowed. “No! That’s too risky!”

‘What is she trying to do?’ Irene whines.

‘Just give it Dara. So, we can end this once and for all.’

Tiffany’s my child too! I’m thinking of another way!” Dara shouts but her voice gets drowned by the sound the fire emits as it dances around the shrinking barrier she put up.

‘It’s now or never.’

Dara shook her head, clenched her fist and shut her eye before giving Wendy a divine blessing spell- it wrapped around her like an armor. “It will only last three minutes, longer than that…” she didn’t finish her sentence. I was obvious what was going to happen if she stayed longer than a minute.

 

 

‘What are you doing Wan?!’ Irene nudged at her mate.

‘Don’t worry- I’ll be alright. Then we can go back at the cabin and decorate it with all the flowers you want.’ She said as she pressed her face on her face on Irene’s whining wolf form.

 

 

‘I love you.’ Wendy says.

‘I love you more.’ Irene replied.

 

 

 

Wendy then faced up front where Hwayoung is. She let out a loud howl that filled the forest before she jumped right out of the barrier.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note: Here’s a meme for you guys-

 

also edited chapter’s 16-17. Worry not, I just added pics. Let's be moots in Twitter? @yuandmyoui