Chapter 5: Rage and Pain II

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 5

 

On Dara's side, there was a black smoke seeping through the ground. And everything the smoked touched; except for her, turned into ashes. The soldiers were alarmed.

 

"There's a demon helping them!" A fairy shouted as she flew into one of the trees reaching for her bow at her back.

 

Realizing this, Dara's eyes automatically searched for her mate. When she was sure that her mate was safe she turned to look at her back and saw him.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

"We'll talk later. Save Chaerin first." He said in a very low voice.

 

But just then-

 

Another tearing flesh was heard followed by a pained groaned by Chaerin.

 

Both royalties turned to the girl.

 

The fairy who flew at the trees has struck her with an arrow...

 

*****

 

Jiyong immediately opened the portal to the mortal realm in hopes of reaching Chaerin fast and saving her by escaping at the human realm and nurse her to health there.

 

But the moment the portal opened, Dara's scream rang all over the Vampire realm.

 

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Dara shouted crying at the sight of Chaerin dying right before her eyes. She could literally feel how that arrow is piercing Chaerin's skin because of their link. It was too painful for her. What more for her human mate?

 

Her mind was clouded by anger.

 

Revenge. Avenge.

 

These were the only words that rang in her head.

 

Power surged within her. She began to enchant all sorts of spells she ever read at Nereides.

 

Roots from the earth emerged and began to stab soldier. The fairies that could fly were sent bumping all over the places to sharp edged stones. The power sent Jiyong flying too. His back hit a tree, and as soon as his back hit the huge tree, its branches hugged him in place. He chanted a couple of spells to provide protection for himself.

 

A huge red dome-like figure appeared around him. But this didn't stop the tree from wrapping its branches tighter around him.

 

He looked up and saw Dara floating in the air with black glowing light surrounding her. Her eyes were glowing gray too. Her hands were outstretched. Her nails grew two inches longer than before. Her black hair turned chilling white. The power she has been chanting- Jiyong can see. It was eating her soul as a price.

 

Every fairy, wolf, and vampire soldier she have passed were turned to ashes, others were bitten and the life out of them or was sliced- pierced by Dara. She didn’t bother sparing anyone. Not even her own kind.

 

But Jiyong who was inside his own safe bubble saw something strange at the sea of minced bodies. There was a lifeless body of a young girl too.

 

'How on earth?!' His eyes flew to the portal's location. 'Oh no... a mortal child!' He had to save her. Jiyong must be a demon king. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart. He felt responsible for this situation. He should've not opened the portal right away. Because of him, an innocent child was dragged in a middle of a war. The moment the child wakes up after being bitten by a royal blood like Dara will instantly turn into an E class vampire. A zombie like creature who only acts based on their hunger. The only cure for this was either the drinking blood from the one who bit her or a blood of a demon royalty.

 

He summoned his remaining energy to counter the power Dara was using and broke free from the tree to fly and save the little girl.

 

When he already had the girl in his arms his eyes searched for Chaerin and Dara again.

 

The fairy who fired the arrow on her mate was last to be punished by Dara.

 

Dara made a gesture with her hand as if she was graspng for something. As she clenched her hand, the fairy that fired the arrow began screaming. Jiyong was amazed. Not even him- a demon king can do this high kind of magic. Dara wasn't satisfied at all with what pain she was giving to the said fairy. She did more than squeezing the life out of him. She flicked her fingers. The fairy's fair skin began to peel out of him. Another agonized scream rang in the air.

 

After peeling the man alive, Dara whispered locked eyes with the skinless fey. As she locked eyes with him, his eyes bulged out of his sockets. He was now crying blood as his eyeballs continued to grow bigger and bigger until they exploded.

 

"AHHHHHH!!!" he screamed.

 

Dara then again clenched her both hands and put her knuckles together just to pull them apart again as if she was opening something. She was indeed opening something. She opened the fairy's skinless body. Blood splattered everywhere as she did. The intestines of the fair was scattered here and there. Dara flew to him with her fingers with long sharp nails aimed at the fairy's heart. She stabbed it furiously. Repeatedly. Until she was satisfied. No man would be alive after experiencing those. That's for sure.

 

Afraid that Jiyong might experience the same fate. He was so weak now. His body took a toll on countering Dara's advance magic. He was having a nosebleed and his eyes were bloody. He could feel life running out of him. He raised his hands and summoned a dragon. A white with golden tail dragon came to their aid and rescued him and the little girl in his arms.

 

Dara's eyes followed them; she was about to attack them when her sharp senses heard a faint whisper.

 

"Dara-yah..."

 

Dara flew to Chaerin's almost lifeless body. She knelt down next to her holding the latter's face dearly. For a moment, her glowing eyes turned to normal again. Her chillingly white hair turns black and white. As if it was a light that was being and off repeatedly. As if her mate's presence was stopping the magic from eating Dara alive.

 

Chaerin's weak hand reached for her face too; staining Dara's porcelain skin. She closed her eyes with tears escaping in them. A series of memories came to Dara.

 

Chaerin was holding a child in her arms.

 

'Find her my love... she's ours. Your blood and mine, alone. Jiyong found a way for us...'

 

Dara could feel it. It was really their own child.

 

How?

 

That she didn't know. She'd have to look for Jiyoung for answers.

 

But none of those were important to her now more than Chaerin's life. They both knew. The both felt it. That Chaerin's beyond saving. She's dying. "Please..." Dara hugged her so tight and clenched her eyes shut trying to stop her tears. "Please don't leave me, my love." Words she couldn't say awhile ago escaped from her lips now.

 

Chaerin doesn't have much energy left in her now. 'I won't. I'll meet you again... even if I don't remember you in my next life... You'll wait for me right?' she asked through their link.

 

Dara looked into her eyes; the doors to her soul. With tears flowing in her eyes she kissed her good bye.

 

For some unexplainable reasons the body in her arms vanished and turned into little glitter like particles spreading all over the place as if a miniature big bang happened.

 

For hours...

 

Dara just slumped there. Trying to cry all the sadness away. Trying to think where on earth she'll find their child. Anger came over again to her. She was reminded how her own kind even joined those army in their hunt disregarding her orders.

 

Power surged in her again. But now, she has it under control.

 

She flew high in their realm. The castle's veranda of the throne room visible from where she was.

 

She put her hands together clasping them close as if praying. Whispered a spell under her breath and spoke.

 

"You, my own kind who have betrayed me." she said rather scaringly calm. But even though she said it more to herself, her voice rang all over the place and in the head of everyone in the realm. All villagers, soldiers and mere commoners looked up to her. Even her parents; the king and queen came to the veranda to search for where it was coming from.

 

"You have let down your princess. Innocent from the act of killing my mate or not, I punish you- every one of you who didn't come to my aid when I needed it most!" she screamed. She extended her arms wide. A demonic like power came to view. "Every pure blood vampire, regardless of their social status shall die in my hands."

 

Just like how she said, everyone in the realm came twisting in pain as the darkness of Dara's power enveloped their Vampire realm.

 

***

 

Dara piled every dead body of her own kind including her parents into a mountain and sat on top of it. She looked at the bloody sky with her vacant eyes.

 

She heard light footsteps and turned to where they were coming from.

 

"You did such a terrible thing unnie."

 

Dara looked down on the lifeless bodies 

 

(Everyone who was watching this memory unfold in the room was shocked to see who the voice was. It was a much younger version of the new fairy philosopher. It was fairy kid. Seohyun.)


"It’s you." Dara said coldly. Seohyun flew to her milky way like wings and hugged the broken vampire. "Seohyun ah... she's gone. Chaerin's gone." She broke down as soon as the fairy child hugged her.

 

'This girl'. Seohyun thought... She never thought that she'll ever see the bubbly vampire she shared her library with this broken. (No one in the room who was watching this memory thought so too)

 

"AHHHHHH!!!!" Dara screamed trying to chase away the pain that's eating her inside. She just screamed repeatedly while helplessly clutching to Seohyun's hold.

 

Seohyun turned Dara's head to her cupping her face. "Look at me!" Dara still continued to scream with her eyes closed bloodshut. "SANDARA LOOK AT ME!" Seohyun cried out. Dara looked up to her with her eyes puffy and red from so much crying.

 

"You'll see her again- you hear me?! You will see her again."  Seohyun said with a heavy heart. Dara wasn’t her mate- but she loves her as much as a mate would- and if having Dara's mate back would make her whole again, she'll find ways to do that. Truthfully, she doesn't need to anymore. She already knew Chaerin's going to be back to her anyway. And Seohyun wishes that when that time comes, she has already forgotten her feelings for the vampire princess and be with her own mate whom she'll love unconditionally.

 

Fate is fate, after all.

 

(From her seat, Seohyun can sense Yoona's eyes on her. 'Don't even try to talk to me.' she sent through their link. Yoona bit her lips with Seohyun's cold response and looked back at the memory again.)

 

"H-How?! Tell me how!" Dara pleaded; still crying.

 

Seohyun tucked Dara's hair behind her ears. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them up again to speak, "Pay for your sins. You've annihilated your own kind. A big punishment awaits you at Lykos."

 

"That doesn't make sense!" Dara said removing her arms around the fairy child. "How can I have her back if I’m being punished?! And my kind?! They deserved it!" The skin around Dara’s eyes began to turn black with red veins showing. Just like what happened to her eyes awhile ago- it was changing from porcelain white to black, alternately.

 

"Trust me on this, unnie!" The young fairy countered.

 

Dara looked the girl with doubt. She looked at her eye to eye to see if she was hiding something from her.

 

"Please trust me on this.. I've been working on my future sight! I definitely saw you and Chaerin unnie together!"

 

(As if something was omitted from the memory, the scene changed into the Werewolve's realm with Dara kneeling at the foot of the throne room.

Yuri and Wendy looked at each other. The place was awfully familiar to them. Then it hit them. It was the place where their father had brought them when the changes in their body came to life. It was the werewolve's safe haven. A castle hidden to any kind of supernaturals, exclusively made for werewolves as a safe house during wars or when in need. It was also a place where young ones change for the first time.)

 

Dara looked up to a man sitting on the throne. It was Jo Kwon; the reigning King of the Lykos.

 

"You, Sandara, Royal Princess of the Vampire Court. You who killed my precious son in war shall be punished with the heaviest punishment of all. You are to serve my family with loyalty for the rest of time. Immortality to you." He said with a smirk on his face.

 

The king knows how much it would hurt the vampire princess to live her everyday life knowing her mate have already died now.

 

Seohyun who was floating with her milky way wings clasp her hands together and murmured a spell. As she murmured, the king of the werewolves produced a chainlike accessory from her robes and tossed it in the air.

 

The spell made it stay afloat, Seohyun came to it and gave it a light tap. After giving it a light tap, it flew to Dara's arm and attached itself there. It burned her skin. Dara's scream was heard all over the throne room. As it was burning in her arm the chainlike accessory vanished into a tattoo. But Dara could feel the chains on her bone.

 

"This chain shall bond you with my bloodline. You are never to betray my family. For every time you fail to protect one of my offspring, will be another decade added to your mate's reincarnation." Jo Kwon smirked.

 

Dara held onto her marked arm while still kneeling in front of the cruel king. She looked up to him begrudgingly and said, "Yes, your Highness."


(Note: SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE! The author and co-author has been busy with school. Mianheyo~ :<)