Chapter 12: Saving Sunny

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 12

 

The doors of the big house swung open with Taeyeon carrying Sunny on her arms. How she managed to carry her with a burnt left shoulder would definitely be because of adrenaline rush.

 

Yoona and Seohyun weren’t far behind them. Yoona cleared the marble table of the big house. Maps and papers flew around. Seohyun stared at the deep wound on Sunny's side. She turned to Yoona. "Fetch Hara and Dara! Now!"

 

*** A few hours ago***

 

Yoona and Seohyun were going around the town using the portals Seohyun generates to travel faster. As Yoona was hiding the talismans around the area, her bookmark glowed.

 

She looked at Seohyun who was busy doing the same thing before getting her bookmark in her pocket. A loud voice boomed around them, "A-ANYONE!!! PLEASE... PLEASE SEND HELP!"

 

Seohyun and Yoona's eyes meet in sheer panic as they heard Taeyeon's plea over the bookmark.

 

Seohyun immediately swiped her hand over her left palm showing a replica of Haridan to check where Taeyeon was. After doing so she opened a portal to get there fast.

 

When they arrived at the scene, Taeyeon was cradling Sunny on her lap crying repeatedly murmuring "Sunny-yah, kajima..."

 

***

 

Seohyun quickly examined Sunny as soon as Taeyeon laid her at the table. She saw Sunny's side full of blood and the wound was turning dark purple.

 

Taeyeon held Sunny's hand tightly; looking back and forth to Seohyun and her.

 

Seohyun placed her hands above Sunny's wound and whispered, "αντίδοτο". Sunny's body began to convulse hard.

 

"W-WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" Taeyeon shouted teary eyed. Seohyun didn't answer and kept her focus on her hand over Sunny's wound.

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING TO HER?!" Taeyeon shouted again grabbing Seohyuns collar. Seohyun glared at her and shrugged her off. When Taeyeon was about to hit Seohyun out if the way, Dara grabbed her from behind hugging her to stop her from lounging at the philosopher. "STOP IT! YOU'RE NOT HELPING!"

 

Dara's voice seemed to calm Taeyeon a bit and brought her back to her senses. Dara grabbed her face and cupped it, "Do you trust me?!" She shouted on her face. Taeyeon gave her a nod. Dara breathed out, "Then wait outside. You're not helping here. We'll save her. I promise." She said sternly.

 

"D-dara-yah..." Taeyeon said crying again. "P-please. Make her live... Bring her back to me.. p-please. I-I beg of you..." Dara just answered her with a curt nod trying to suppress her feelings. "She's my friend. Of course I don't want her to die. I'll do everything. I promise."

 

Dara threw a glance at Yoona and Yoona escorted Taeyeon out of the room.

 

Dara ran to the other side of the marble table and looked at Sunny's convulsing body from head to toe. "What happened?"

 

"I don't know either. We just got a call from them asking for help and we came to this. For now, I've placed an antidote spell on her. Her body's convulsing because it's accepting it." Seohyun said with her brows knitted. "Where's Hara?" She asked.

 

"I asked her to stay outside and tend to Taeyeon. I heard from Yoona she got burnt on her shoulder."

 

Seohyun met Dara's eyes. "Let's discuss all this later. You know I hate it when someone dies while I'm around." Dara snickered at her sarcasm. "You know I hate that too." She whispered closing her eyes. When she opened them again, her hair turned white but her eyes stayed the same. "Let's save her.”

 

***

 

"A-Aunt Bom! What brings you here?" Irene stuttered. Bom hugged her and let herself in, "I was worried you're not eating well and how you're adjusting here so I thought I'd pay you a visit. Here~" she said giving Irene bags of what seemed to be foods. "I made spicy squids for you and lots of side dishes." Bom continued.

 

Bom looked around and saw boxes. "Oh? You haven't unpacked all your things yet?"

 

"I-I was busy at school and tired when I get here so I haven't unpacked them all." She lied.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~" Wendy greeted Bom with a slight bow. Bom raised a brow on her and turned to Irene while pointing on the latter. Wendy and Irene shared a look.

 

"Uhm.. I'm Irene's new roommate." She smiled awkwardly. Irene covered to stop herself from laughing.

 

"Really?!" Bom asked.

 

"Um.. I'll be moving here tomorrow, I just checked it today."

 

Bom wasn't buying it and turned to Irene.

 

"Imo~" Irene then ran beside Wendy giving her a side hug. "She's Kwon Wendy. I convinced her to live in the dorms with me. She was assigned to help me adjust around the campus. I thought it would be more efficient if she lived with me in the dorms too." Irene explained.

 

"Ohh! She's that girl from the Kwon's?" Bom asked to which the two teenage girl answered with a nod. "Nice to meet you, I hope you’re not having a hard time with Irene here." She then ran her eyes around the place once more not waiting for Wendy's reply as they shook hands. "I only see one bed here though." She pointed out.

 

"We're going to share!" Irene said cheerfully. Wendy turned red and coughed. "We're close enough to share anyway." Irene smiled.

 

Bom looked at Wendy, "Is that true?"

 

"A-ah, nae." Wendy smiled awkwardly. "Y-yea we're close, Imo-nim."

 

Just then, Wendy's bookmark glowed from her pants. Wendy then looked at Irene before grabbing it from her pocket. The bookmark turned into a smartphone as she pulled it off of her pocket. She then turned to Bom. "I-Im sorry, I have to take this."

 

"Sure~ take it." Bom said.

 

Wendy looked at Irene before going out of the door. Irene can't help but get worried. Bom grabbed her arm breaking her trance and made them sit on the bed. "I never knew you'd share a room with someone!" She said as if this was indeed a miracle for Irene.

 

Irene laughed at her aunt. "She's nice. The nicest person I've met so far." Bom shrugged and nods anyway. "Before I forget..." She said rummaging through her purse trying to look for something. "Your sister and I got reconnected recently and she sent you a ticket for her showcase here in Michino." Bom then pulled out a ticket out of her bag.

 

"Sister?" She asked. "You probably don’t remember but your dad looked after someone when he was still alive. You and she were inseparable. You called her Stephie unnie." Bom reminisced. "She had to go back to San Francisco when her parents were found already- maybe you were too young to remember. But she misses you a lot! Maybe it's time you two get reconnected as well?" Her aunt continued as she hands her the ticket.

 

"I... I don't know, Imo. I don't even remember her..." She said looking down at the ticket.

 

"Give it a chance." Bom said putting her hand over Irene's.

 

Her train of thoughts was interrupted by Wendy's voice through their link. 'There's a problem at home. I need to go. But I'm too worried to leave you alone.'

 

'What happened?'

 

'Unnie doesn't want to say it over the bookmark. She said I have to go back fast.'

 

'It seems urgent. I'll be fine. I promise. I have my bookmark with me. I'll call if anything happens.'

 

Just then the door opened. Irene doesn’t know why she did it but she hid the ticket under a pillow when Wendy entered again. "I'm sorry Imo-nim. It's seems like I have to go now." She turned to Irene. "Joohyun..." She said.

 

Bom turned to Irene. "Mwohae? Accompany her to the elevator at least!" Her aunt scolded slapping her shoulder lightly. Irene stood right away and went out with Wendy.

 

As soon as the doors of Irene's dorm room closed, she hugged Wendy. "I'll wait for you to get back okay?"

 

Wendy frowned and held her hand as they walked to the hallway. "I don’t want you to get tired. This may take long. Go ahead and sleep before me." Irene sighed as they stood before the elevator. "Fine." She said giving Wendy a peck on her lips. "Just a peck?" Wendy snickered. Irene rolled her eyes on her and said, "I don't want my aunt to ask me why is my lips swollen when I get back there." She leaned to kiss Wendy's lips again and whispered to her. "My passcode's cheonsa. In case I fall asleep and not welcome you back." The elevator dinged and opened for Wendy. Both waved at each other as the doors were closing.

 

***

 

When Wendy arrived at the big house everyone was sitting grimly at the mess hall except for Krystal and Seulgi who seemed to be as clueless as her. The room reeked of blood for some reasons. She sat on her seat and noticed droplets of blood on the ground. She eyed everyone and saw Taeyeon wearing enchanted bandages on her shoulder. Yuri was cradling a shaking Jessica, and Hara, Dara and Seohyun seemed vexed. Yoona on the other hand was strangely not throwing shades at her about getting late on a pack meeting. When she finished looking around she spoke. "Where's Sunny unnie?"

 

Taeyeon looked away avoiding Wendy's eyes.

 

"Sunny was attacked during their patrol near the shrine." Dara answered. She swiped the table and series of pictures of medical records showed up. "She was hurt. Her wounds were too deep and she lost a lot of blood. On top of that, her body was full of poison when they arrived here. Judging from the wounds Sunny and Taeyeon got..." Dara eyed Krystal and Jessica before continuing. "It was a dragon who attacked them. We found some DNA mixed on Taeyeon's burnt shoulder. We found out that the DNA came from a rare species of dragon. But judging from the wound Sunny got, seeing the claws of the dragon that attacked her... It's safe to say that the dragon is from where you..." She said locking eyes with Krystal "..and your sister were from."

 

Wendy leaned back awestruck.

 

"As of now, Sunny is recovering now upstairs. The antidote spell I casted on her was thankfully strong enough to save her. And Dara's black magic helped to purify her wounds cleanly. She's safe now." Seohyun said swiping her hands on the table tossing away the slides and showing new ones. The slides showed a few pictures of a dragon with a chain on on its neck. "The flowers I've planted around the town caught this. Is it familiar to you?" Seohyun asked Jessica. The latter didn't answer.

 

"... It's him. Tyler Kwon." Krystal said. Jessica hugged Yuri tighter if that was even possible.

 

"Tyler Kwon?" Seohyun asked.

 

"He's that bastard who imprisoned my mate and her sister." Yuri said through gritted teeth.

 

Taeyeon stood up slamming her hands on the table. "SUNNY GOT HURT BECAUSE OF YOU!" She said pointing at Jessica. "MY MATE- I ALMOST LOST MY MATE BECAUSE OF YOUR MATE! THAT MONSTER WAS AFTER YOU SOOYEON!" she shouted again. "I WISH YOU WERE THE ONE WHO GOT HURT INSTEAD OF HER!" Taeyeon cried.

 

Yuri stood up ready to launch at Taeyeon's throat for speaking ill of her mate.

 

"STOP IT!" Dara shouted at the both of them. "TAEYEON, YOU KNOW YOU DON'T MEAN THAT! SIT DOWN! AND YOU, YURI! SIT DOWN AS WELL. DON'T GET IT TO YOU! WE’LL ALL NEED TO BE LEVEL HEADED HERE AT THIS MOMENT."

 

As if Dara's words were sort of sedatives, they sat down again.

 

"I dont think the talismans and unrestricted spells placed around Michino are working anymore. They're useless now if they've already infiltrated the town. We should focus placing spells on places where people often go to to save them from them." Yoona said. Wendy was surprised that Yoona was actually helping and making sense. "Seohyun and I will go visit the land of feys tomorrow morning to communicate faster with Victoria and Luna in China if they have something on this unwanted visitor we have. Krystal and Seulgi will be going around town placing spells with Hara on public places like schools, hospitals, and others. Wendy... You should stay with your mate 24/7 we don’t want another pair getting attacked. Yuri and Jessica unnie will be at your university to scan the students if there's a hybrid there."

 

"Yoona is making sense for the first time in forever!" Dara said sarcastically. Yoona rolled her eyes on her. "I, on the other hand, will try and develop portable portals similar to what Seohyun uses so we can use them when in need." Dara said.

 

After that the meeting was adjourned.

 

***

 

Wendy walked to her sister and her sister in law. "Are you okay, unnie?" She asked. Jessica didn't answer. "She'll be fine. Shouldn't you be running to your mate now?" Yuri asked.

 

Wendy eyed her and her mate worriedly. "Don’t worry about us. We can handle ourselves." Yuri smiled at her.

 

Still reluctant to leave, Yuri stood but didn't let go of Jessica's hand. She patted her sister’s shoulder and said, "I promise. I won’t let our family get hurt."

 

Putting her trust on her sister she went out of the door and turned to her wolf form to go to Irene's dorm.

 

***

 

A loud slapping sound echoed inside the room. Joy and Yeri grimaced at the view. The scar faced man in a trench coat was now kneeling in front of the Lady. That slap will surely leave a mark based on the sound it did.

 

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" the lady in red shouted. She kicked the man on his stomach, not caring if her stilettos will pierce through the man's skin. "I. TOLD. YOU. I'LL. GIVE. THAT. DAMN. CURSED. WOLF. TO. YOU! ARE YOU STUPID ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT?!!!" She shouted between kicks. Not satisfied enough she kneeled and grabbed hold of the man's face using her right hand. "Do you know what you just did?" She said in a scary calm tone. "You just exposed our presence. I should kill you right here, right now!" She said standing up again turning to Joy. "Extract his soul and throw her to asphodel!" She said in a fiery tone.

 

The man kneeled with his head on the tiles of the room. "P-please forgive me, your Highness!!! I-I didn't mean to ruin your plans! Please! P-please spare me! Have mercy on me!" He cried.

 

Yeri stopped Joy from going forth and step close to the Lady. "Don't you think we can use this?" She said with a smirk.

 

The Lady turned to her glaring. Yeri just snickered more. She has her attention now. "You can use this chance to meet Irene faster."

 

A fleeting silence passed. The Lady looked down on the man once again before turning to Yeri. "Tell me more about this plan in private, my dear aunt." She said turning her back on the vampire exiting the room with her heels clicking on the tiles.

 

Yeri kneeled before the man his hair like a master would a pup. "You owe me your life. You serve me now. Understand?" She said.

 

"Y-yes! Th-thank you for your grace, your Eminence!" He whispered.

 

Yeri turned to Joy with a smirk plastered on her face.

 

****

 

Wendy punched in Irene's passcode and entered inside the dorm. She saw her mate curled up like a cute bunny on the bed with her legs poking out of the comforter. She looked around and saw that the boxes where already gone.

 

'Her aunt must've helped her unpack.' she thought. She sighed feeling the fatigue kick in.

 

She slowly crept in beside Irene on the bed and lied beside her fixing the comforter to cover them both. Irene stirred and mumbled without opening her eyes. "Home?" Wendy smiled. "Yes. Your arms are where my home is." She whispered putting her left arm under her mate's head and wrapping her right arm on Irene's waist. This made Irene smile and snuggle closer to her. Wendy kissed her forehead good night.