Chapter 15

Hybrid's Mate

_Author's Note: I didn't proof read. I also can't find an exact replica of what I have in mind for Irene's room, but it's somehow.. similar to this one.

 

Chapter 15

 

The silence was deafening inside the big house. Everyone was looking expectantly at the dazed Dara. “What happened?” Taeyeon said through gritted teeth. Seohyun who was sitting next to Dara laid her hand on her shoulder to show some support. This irked Yoona. “My alpha is asking you! What happened to the dragon?!”

 

Without any warning Dara whispered a spell under her breath. “Rerum.” The thing that happened at the dungeon replayed right before their eyes. After that, Yuri was tapping her finger on the marble table while the other hand was holding tightly on Jessica’s hand. On the other hand, Wendy, Krystal and Seulgi shared a knowing look about how familiar Yeri looked to them but said nothing.

 

“Who was that girl?” Dara was still trying to recover from great shock but she chose not to show them that Yeri had company with her. Why? She doesn’t know that herself. “She’s my sister.” Dara whispered almost inaudible.

“Sister, my ! We don’t tolerate liars in this pack, Dara.” Yoona snarled at her.

“Then why are you here?” Dara said in a low voice. “I’ve seen you live and die a couple of times. You don’t get to play saint here.” She said as she glared down at Moonstone’s pack beta.

“What do you mean?” Yoona asked.

 

Dara just ignored her and looked at Yuri. “I told you, I was the last of my line in royalty. But it is also true that Yeri is my sister. She wasn’t conceived… She was born in a lab.”

“You mean... That rumors about cloning in the Vampire realm was true back then?!” Seohyun exclaimed.

“There’s never smoke without fire…” Dara placed her hands below her chin. “I wasn’t good enough for my parents, so they wanted another ‘me’. A more perfect Dara for their realm.”

Taeyeon lost her cool, “But that doesn’t answer the question to why the did you let him go?!” Her eyes were shifting from her wolf gold eyes to her human brown eyes.

Dara looked up at her. “I-I’m sorry…” Taeyeon let out a growl. “I’m sorry Taeyeon! But you have to understand me! Yeri is my sister!”

“That sister of yours sent a dragon to hunt down Jessica, hurt my mate and killed innocent people today! You expect me to understand that?!” Taeyeon shouted, her shoulders shaking from anger. Yoona tried to hold her down on her seat, but without a mate to calm her down- it was somewhat useless. Taeyeon shrugged off Yoona. “You don’t know how it feels like to watch your mate fight for her life!” Dara laughed humorlessly. “I don’t?” She laughed even louder then sent a glare on Taeyeon’s way. “Just to remind you Kim Taeyeon, I have been serving this ed up pack- both packs! For years, Taeyeon! For years! And you know why?! Because this ed up packs of yours took the life of my mate! Do you know how ridiculous that sounds like?! You don’t talk to me about losing someone Taeyeon. I’ve lost a lot of things in my life to compare to yours. ” With that Dara stood up, “I have never once asked for your understanding. Not until today.” She walked away and left the big house slamming the doors on her way out.

 

Yuri looked at each and everyone in the room. “You crossed the line Taeyeon. Without Dara’s Haridan and her inventions- frankly even without her powers… Sunny wouldn’t be even breathing now.” Shame washed over Taeyeon as she started to calm down. “For now, let’s continue to patrol the borders of the city.” Yuri said standing up and leaving the big house. Soon, everyone followed suit. Seohyun stopped right before Taeyeon before she went out, “Dara hates it when someone dies right before her. Even more when they’re family.”

 

**********

 

Irene punched her password on her door, and went inside her dorm room. Tiffany stood out there and said nothing. Irene turned and saw her as she was setting her bag on her bed. “Unnie, what are you doing there?” Irene said fighting the urge to laugh. “Oh, you didn’t invite me in.” Tiffany said with a glint of unspeakable shine on her eyes. “Silly, unnie your welcome whenever you want to drop by. Tiffany smirked at that. “I’ll take that to heart.” She said and went in.

 

Tiffany was walking inside the dorm room while Irene went to the kitchen to make some tea. “You also go to Michino University?” Tiffany said from the small living room of the studio type dorm while sitting in Irene’s bed. Irene raised her head from the kitchen island retrieving cups from below. “Nae, unnie.” She said smiling brightly. “I also go there!” Tiffany exclaimed, her delight visibly showing with her crescent shaped eyes. “That’s good! We can go to school every day!” she continued.

Irene smile apologetically “Oh. I can’t unnie. My girlfriend picks me up every morning and sends me home every day.” It was brief, but Irene definitely saw Tiffany’s face darkened. Then she made a sad puppy face. Irene felt guilty, “But we can eat lunch together unnie… if… that’s fine with you?” she tried to coax her. Tiffany clasped her hand and showed off her eye smile for the nth time today. “Joah!” Irene giggled at her antics as she sets the tea on the small coffee table adorning her small living room.

 

The two talked several of things and Irene felt like she made a connection with her ‘sister’. As if a puzzle piece of her identity left hollow for a long time was finally filled again. Time passed and Tiffany went to say goodbye, saying she has to check the event venue for her recital. Irene showed her out and promised to come wearing the dress her sister bought for her.