Chapter 27: Weeding out plans

Hybrid's Mate

Irene woke up with the sun rays hitting her fluttering eyes open. “Wan?” she whispered under her breath as her hand reached for the empty space next to her. The smell of of coffee engulfing her sleepy senses- the smell waking her up.

 

“You’re up, babydoll?” Wendy’s voice called out from the kitchen.

 

Irene tried to sit up from the bed but fell in pain again. She moaned in pain. Wendy rushed next to her, “Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?” Irene flushed red with her question. ‘This beast. Is she seriously asking if Im hurt somewhere?’ she thought. She blushed even harder-  if that was even possible as she remembered how big Wendy was last night and all the lewd things they did as well.

 

She glared at her. “This is all your fault!!!” she said as Wendy held her in her arms she punch her chest to break free. “How are you still ok after you did all that on me all night long?!”

 

Wendy finally realized why was her mate in ‘pain’. She chuckled as she hauled her mate and carried her bridal style to the bathroom and laid her at the bathtub. The duvet covering Irene’s body fell halfway to the bathroom.

 

Wendy saw Irene’s bruised body, full of love marks here and there as she reached for the faucet. Irene on the other hand covered whatever her hand could cover as she looked down.

 

Luke warm water was flowing and filling the bathtub. Wendy the proceeds to add a healing potion she got from Dara awhile ago in the water then knelt near Irene. Putting her finger under Irene’s chin to lift it up- their eyes met. “Im sorry- It seems like I forgot that you were human and actually went all out on you last night.” Wendy kissed her forehead. “I’ll be careful next time, doll.” She then stood up, “Have a long warm bath, I heard it helps relieve the soreness. I also added some healing potion just to be sure. I’ll whisk us some breakfast- I already called the school and said you wont be coming in today. And a change of clothes are by the sink.”

 

Irene just smiled at her and said, “Thanks love.”

 

When the bathroom door closed, Irene’s pensive eyes looked at her reflection in the mirror by the bathtub. “Yes. Human... We’re not the same...” she whispered under her breath then submerged body up to her nose- only her eyes staying above the water.

 

 

Wendy may not realize this yet- but she have just sowed seeds of insecurities on Irene.

 

But what they both don’t know s that these seeds were easily sowed unto Irene not because she was human- but because she heard the piano piece Tiffany played at the recital.

 

The spell within the song making one feel unworthy of someone they love. The wolves were busy uncovering Tiffany’s past but that doesn’t mean Tiffany wasn’t busy as well in laying out a path to conquer Irene.

 

 

***

 

When her bath ended she dressed up with the clothes that Wendy laid for her. Then she walked out of the door. She felt better now that she used potion in her bath. But that didn’t make her feel any better. It just showed her how different she is to Wendy and how their wolds are far apart.

 

“Breakfast is ready, babydoll.” Wendy’s gleeful smile broke Irene’s line of though. Irene smiled back at her. Right. There’s no point about thinking about that. She’s her mate now. She was already marked by her too. She tried to comfort herself as she unconsciously touched her neck adorned by the mark. ‘Everything is going to be fine.’ she thought.

 

‘I WANT YOU.’ a familiar voice rung inside her head.

 

She looked around to check. “Is there something wrong?” Wendy asked her. Irene looked confused then looked at Wendy. “I thought I heard someone?” she said as she sat down.” Wendy smiled at her. “I think you’re just famished with all those activities we did last night.” Irene blushed hard. “Such a tease...” Irene said as she looked down to hide her embarrassment. Wendy laughed as she served Irene some waffles and kissed the crown of her head. “Let’s eat.” Wendy said as she her hair before going to the seat opposite to her mate.

 

 

Irene pondered for a moment before speaking again. “Wan...”

“Yes love?”

 

“You know we didn’t use protection right?” she said as she fiddled with her fingers. “What if I get pregnant?”

 

Wendy looked at her with serious expression before going near her and kneeled. “I’ll take responsibility of course. Don’t you want to be the mom of my babies?” Wendy asked worriedly.

 

“Silly.” Irene giggled, “Of course I want to.”

 

“Then you don’t have to worry, babydoll. Everything will be alright. I’ll never leave you and if we have a blessing of having a pup coming our way?” Wendy paused and caressed Irene’s tummy. “I’ll protect you both. I love you.” she said as she kissed her mate.

 

“I love you more.” Irene replied back.

 

“Now, let’s eat. Waffles don’t taste good when they’re cold.”

 

‘Everything will be alright.’ Irene tried to calm herself again.

 

 

The both of them enjoyed he hearty breakfast Wendy has prepared then.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“First let’s try to analyze all of the attacks.” Jessica said as she slid her hand on the table inside the infirmary of the big house. The table was not as good as the one they usually use at the meeting hall but it will do just fine.

 

“The first attack was in during mating season at the temple on a human.” she continued as the map zoomed in in that location. “During this attack Nicole was in charge of the security system of the city. (I changed Hara into Nicole to respect the dead.)”

 

“Other than me, Nicole was the only one who can manipulate the security then. However, nothing alerted my defenses. Meaning they were invited in and they did not force their way in.” Dara explained.

 

“The second attack was made on us.” Sunny said as she tried to sit up from her bed with the help of Taeyeon. “It was done in the same vicinity. As if that certain place was a gateway in.”

 

 

“And this time the target wasn’t a human but Jessica. But since Sunny’s fur looks like albino fur when its hit by the light she was mistaken for her.” Taeyeon said.

 

 

“Third attack was at a residential area fo elderly retired werewolves.” Seulgi said.

 

“Theses attacks don’t have any common denaminator at all.” Yoona remarked

 

“You’re right. Except that two were used to attack a human. Two places were found to be filled with potpuri smell.” Yuri conveyed.

 

“Which leads us into suspecting Nicole as the traitor.” Jessica said. “She has enough leeway to do so. But the question is why?”

 

“Whatever the reason is we need to assign her somewhere she wont be a threat to us at the moment without her realizing we already know she’s the traitor.” Seohyun said.

 

“For now we’ll ask her to do mundane stuff about our operations. We’ll leak false information in the meeting tomorrow about our defenses. If she takes the bait... then-” Dara looked at Taeyeon then at Seulgi. “I’m sorry but I’m killing the peasant.”

 

The two wolves made a grim nod.

 

“That doesn’t connect it with my sisters death at all.” Yoona bit back.

 

“Shes right. But I think Amber was onto something like us. She wouldn’t be brutally murdered like that if she wasn’t.” The newly recovered Luna who was sitting in another bed beside Sunny said. “Im assuming this has something to do with the witch we were after. The magic traces on Ambers body matched the magic traces on my wound.” She continued.

 

“As expected. You aren’t called intel collectors for nothing.” Dara said trying to lift up the grave mood.

 

“We’re missing a clue here and there. We know this for a fact, but if we try connect everything patiently I’m sure we’ll get somewhere. There was something strange too about your sister Yeri.” Krystal said.

 

Pretty much every important person in the pack was gathered now. She and Seulgi talked about asking about this certain thing with trustworthy people around. “You now... Your sister goes to the same school as us.” She said.

 

“But you all know That Krystal and I have superb smell. But when we were with her we didn’t smell anything strange. She smelled human to us. Seulgi said.

 

Dara’s eyes lit up. “They’re using Dragon Scale Chains. That’s why theyr’e keeping Tyler by their side!” Dara was suddenly hit with realization.

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

 

“Dragon Scales are worth a fortune. But even more if the dragon scale is from an alive dragon and if it was willingly given to them. You can’t just get that anywhere. That’s why they’re keeping him for that. Chains made from dragon scales can be used to hide your presence, With enough enhancement they can aso be used to trick people into thinking you’re human. This is actually the reason why dragons can’t be recognized unless they change form. The chains can look like anything the wearer wishes them to be. Bracelet. necklace, earrings, whatever item you can wear it as.” Seohyun explained. “It seems that they’ve planned this invasion really well. They caught us off guard with that chain. What’s more is they actually convinced Tyler to give his scales.”

 

“Who would’ve thought that useless lizard has some use?” Yuri made a jest.

 

“How do we spot them then?” Yoona asked

 

“Every magical item has a weakness. I’ve never seen the item myself but I’ve heard enough dragon slayers using this item to believe them it’s actually effective against it.” Dara then flicked her fingers. “Ares’ spear.” she said as the item was showed in their view table.

 

 

“That’s a spear?” Victoria asked.

 

“Just because it’s called a spear doen’t mean it is a spear.” Seohyun giggled. “Just by wearing this you’ll be able to spot someone wearing dragon scale.” she explained.

 

“We need this item.” Yuri said the obvious. It was obvious that they need it but what she meant by saying so was they were going to issue a quest to find the item.“ I need someone trustworthy enough to go after this necklace.”

 

“So far, the last news I heard about Ares’ Spear was it was Macau. It’s being auctioned as an heirloom of the Huang family.” Dara stated. “Maybe I should go?” Dara then suggested.

 

“NO!” Yuri and Taeyeon sad at the same time.

 

 

“Dara I know you’re getting impatient and restless with the lack of clue. But they’re right. We need you here. Half of the people trusthworthy enough in the pack are wounded. Worst case scenario is they’ll launch an attack at camp if they hear you’re not here.” The infirmary was engulfed with silence with what Seohyun said. “So, I’ve decided. I’m ging to get the necklace.”

 

“I’ll go with her.” Yoona said in a heartbeat.

 

Dara even panicked even more after hearing this. “No-” she shook her head. She grabbed Seohyun by her arm and whispered to her. “You know what’s going to happen if she goes in a quest with you.”  

 

Seohyun smiled and looked around, she saw Yoona’s glare rest at Dara’s hand on her arm. She pried Dara’s hand away from her arm and whispered back to her. “It’s innevitable. I’ll be careful.”

 

“You always say that but it always ends up the same. We don’t know what will be the cost this time. I won’t let any more of this pack die.” she snarled.

 

“What? You don’t trust me guarding her?” Yoona taunted at Dara.

 

The air in the infirmary suddenly became heavy. Dara’s piercing eyes stared back at Yoona. “Unfortunately yes. I don’t trust you with her.” She said before going to the door. As she opened the door she looked back at Seohyun. “I’ll ready some supply for your trip tomorrow” then she slammed the door shut.

 

 

“Is there something we have to know Seohyun? Why is she so against with me coming with you?” Yoona asked suspiciously.

 

Seohyun smiled at her, “Because in my life, whenever I go on a quest with you- I die.”

***

Author's Note: I did not proof read and wrote this on a whim.