Chapter 4 : Rage and Pain

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 4:

 

The room fell silent.

 

"Wait? Coup de' etat? What do you mean?" Wendy asked.

 

"Seolma?..." Seulgi dragged her sentence. "Are you saying that the prophecy is actually true and not just some bed time story for kids? And there's more- you were actually alive when the prophecy was told?!" she continued, not believing how absurb this situation was - and it would be in the future.

 

Dara hugged herself even tighter. The thought of having survivers from the demons and demon hybrid clans scared the death out of her.

 

"Does this even make sense?!" Seulgi shouted. Wendy rushed to her side and pats her back trying to calm her down.

 

"That was a century ago... I can't believe I'm going to narrate my life story in front of you mutts." Dara's voice was low. Cold.

 

"You don't have to Dara-yah." Yuri said.

 

"No. She has to, unnie." Seohyun said firmly. Harshly even.

 

"Seohyun is right. If we want to protect Wendy's mate and the humans, I should." Dara said looking over Wendy and Seulgi with a guilty smile on her face.

 

Dara stood up and flew over the room standing in mid air for everyone to see.

 

"Rerum." she whispered.

 

The whole room turned black and white. Everyone who were in the room were placed in a trance like situation. They could hear Dara's voice in their head as she narrate her a part of her life to them. The scenery around them chaged drastically.

 

Two female where seen in front of them. One was sitting and the other- it was a younger version of Dara. Not that they could tell her age anyways. Dara's head was lying on the woman's lap as they face the lake infront of the cottage they were in.

 

(Honestly, seeing this- Yoona was reminded of those rpg games she has been playing. It looked exactly the same. Then she remembered, it was actually Sandara who produced that game. She realized that Sandara must be immortalizing her memories. Just like how she is.)

 

"That's my mate. Chaerin. Chaerin was a human with a demon and fairy blood running in her veins, and I was a vampire royalty next in line for the crown."

 

"The only chance Chaerin and me could meet is every solar eclipse, where the human realm was closest to ours." a slight giggle scaped out of . "Some might have given up with a love like that. Given that solar eclipse weren't as often as full moons." they could feel Dara's smirk forming. "We're not immortals, but we age diffrently compared to other supernatural races. Aging was so slow for us, and as for Chaerin... even tho she has a demon-fairy blood running in her vains, she was still- human, it became a problem for us. So I devoted myself to find a solution for that. And so, I did."

 

The Dara in the memory lifted her hands to Chaerin's mouth. Everyone was surprised to see Chaerin get a small knife from her pockets and cut through Sandara's skin. Blood oozed out and Chaerin began to drink her blood.

 

"Everytime we would meet, I would let Chaerin drink my blood until I have almost nothing left in me. My blood will let her live until the next time we'll meet. It was the only way for us to be together..."

 

"Since Chaerin was human, she couldn't stay in our realm. Humans were forbidden in our realm at that time. Unlike other realms, ours was all about status of royalties and being a pure blood. Any less than that were vanished to other realms."

 

"Which explains vampire hybrids." Wendy whispered under her breath.

 

"The King and Queen; my parents... opposed my marriage with my mate. We're vampires after all... I was a royalty- marrying out of our kind was worst than marrying an insect. It was a disgrace. To our kind. To our family... However, marrying a pure blood demon is another story. Their power can strengthen our special gifts..." Her sadness immiting for every word that was going out of her lips.

 

"I was the first ever vampire in history to get a mate who's not our own kind. I was also the first ever supernatural entity to have a girl as a mate... I was to be wedded to the demon dragon King Jiyong even before I met Chaerin. The great GDragon you always hear from the story..." Saying, Dara's voice was filled with despise but Seohyun could also tell there was a tinge of something else she couldn't tell.

 

Dara's voice faded away as the woman in her memory spoke.

 

"Dara-yah~ I'm so glad I met you." She said as she lowered Dara's wrist from and caressed her mate's face lovingly while still looking at the lake in front of her. "Can't you just run away with me? I don't wanna be apart from you anymore, love."

 

Dara's chapped lips opened to say a word but nothing came out.

 

Chaerin bit her lips.

 

"I'm sorry. That was so selfish of me to ask off of you, Your Majesty." Chaerin said rather coldly.

 

Dara shook her head. "No, dearest. You know I love you more than anything in this world. But you and I can not happen in any realm but here, where our world meet..." She tried to sit up with her frail body; her usual color was turning back to normal. She wasn't stone white anymore. "As much as I want you to stay with me and be with me in my world, it cannot be. My kind will torch you or will just see you as a vermin trying to be one of us. You and I cannot happen in your world too, for you will be shunned by your own kind for being romantically inclined with the same gender."

 

Chaerin's forehead creased. "Is that how you view me, my love? A vermin?"

 

With all the words that came out of Dara's mouth, that word was the thing she remembered the most. 'Vermin.'

 

"NO! I never saw you that way!"

 

"Then why mention it?"

 

"I'm saying that my kind, and your kind will never expect us!"

 

"So you're giving up on me?" Tears were b in Chaerin's eyes now. It broke Dara.

 

"No! I'm not! I love you too much to do that!"

 

Dara's mind was in haze. She don't know why it Chaerin was being like this. Then she caught something strange. She couldn't read Chaerin's mind anymore.

 

"Chaerin-ah. Wh-what's wrong?"

 

Chaerin stood up avoiding her eyes and turned around to walk away from her.

 

"Im human." Chaerin whispered. "I age... and I change."

 

Just then, Chaerin's mind opened up again to her. There were memories of countless of men she met over the decades. Men she rejected. Men who could've gave her the things she want. Men who could've given her something Dara can't. A child.

 

"Im tired of this, Dara-yah." she said turning to face Sandara again who was now devestated. Speechless. Broken. 'Humans. So they were like this.' she thought. "I love you so that I'm hurting so much- so much but I'm so tired of this. I want to be with you so bad. But I also want to grow old. Have kids. And build a family!" She was crying now. Dara could feel it. Chaerin really loves her so much. She can literally hear Chaerin's heart breaking as she was saying this. "And you can't give me that Dara. We can't have that- no matter how hard we try to work things out. We're just so diffrent from each other. I love you so much, but I have to learn how to love myslef too as much as I love you."

 

Amidst of all this, one man from Chaerin's memory caught her attention. It was the Dragon King. Jiyong.

 

"You and him..." Dara whispered still dazed.

 

"He's human. He's not you but he's making me happy. He can give me the life you can't." she said bowing her head down and clenching her fist.

 

Dara was about to open and tell her the truth about Jiyong but hundreds of guards from the high palace wearing their full armor suddenly came.

 

"There! That's the hybrid!"

 

Dara could tell. They we're were werewolves. Trackers.

 

Dara sprung up and went in front of her mate. Her protectiveness vanished all the pain she was feeling. Right now, protecting Chaerin was the most important thing at hand.

 

"How dare you enter the next queen of vampire court's sacred place!" She shouted at the baring her fangs on them keeping Chaerin safe behind her.

 

"We are here in the name of the High King Yoochun."

 

"What business does the High King want with me."

 

"Not with you my lady. But with that hybrid!" One of the soldiers shouted while pointing at Chaerin. "We have been ordered to kill every demon and demon hybrid alive in every supernatural realm!"

 

The soldier's loud voice made Chaerin cower behind Dara. She was confused with all this. She doesnt know anything about this. Dara winced. She haven't fully recover from giving blood to Chaerin.

 

"You've got it wrong! She's human!"

 

"No, my lady. My senses can never be wrong! She has a demon-fairy blood within her! She's a hybrid!" he contest.

 

Another wave of soldiers came. This time they we're soldiers from her own realm. Relief washed over her. She ruled them. They'll follow her word.

 

"What are you doing standing there?! Protect your princess!" She shouted holding her wrist trying to heal herself with spells she read at the Nereides library.

 

The soldier from the High Palace raised his hand, "Kill the hybrid!"

 

The soldiers from her realm formed ranks together with the soldiers from the High Palace.

 

"What are you doing?!" Dara shouted moving back with Chaerin as the soldiers closed in on them. "Do you want to have your heads off?! Obey me!"

 

Dara could feel the captain of the troop from the High Palace smirk behind his helmet. "You might be their princess, but your parents' word still rule over yours." The soldiers surrounded them. "Get her!" he shouted.

 

Dara was austounded. She have rovered half of her power now. She was still strong compared to these men considering that she only have recovered half of her power. But still, hundres of soldiers coming at them at once was too much.

 

'Run. Go to the portal back to your wolrd. I'll stall them and follow you there.' she tapped on hers and Chaerin's link.

 

The grip Chaerin was holding on her waist tightened. 'I can't leave you here. You'll die.'

 

(The ones who were watching Dara's memoirs were now confused by this. The Sandara they know was immortal.)

 

'Im not gonna die. I'm still going to be with you. I'll still love you from afar even if you already made up your mind to choose him.' Dara said as she scanned the soldiers in front of them. 'Run. Run, love. Save yourself.' with that Dara charged on the soldiers in front of her.

 

Chaerin ran as fast as she can away from the scene with a heavy, breaking-in-pieces heart.

 

Dara jumped in each and every one of them breaking their heads off of their body. All she had in mind was 'Kill to protect Chaerin.' But no matter how hard she tried there were still some of them who survived and went after Chaerin. On top of that, Dara's remaining strength was slowly leaving her.

 

The captain of the troop yanked Dara's hair and held her up. "I never knew that the Vampire Court Princess would fool around with a hybrid pest." he said smirking.

 

"Get your filthy hands off of me, you mutt!" She said fired up with the insult she heard. She could feel her power surging back in her body. She maneuvered her body, hooking her legs around the man's neck with her flexibility and lifting her body tearing the man's hold on her. She now sat on his shoulders and locked her arms on the captain's head. "No man or woman who insults me and my mate shall live." she said with every twist she made to remove the man's head off of the body.

 

A loud tearing of flesh rang and tuds of head falling the ground were heared here and there. She finished off the remaining soldiers with all her might as fast as she can, speeding up to march 20 sonicboom.

 

When she reached the portal that meets her world and Chaerin's, nobody was there. 'They have strayed from the pat.' she thought to herself. A shrill loud shouting was heard. It was unmistakenly Chaerin's voice.

 

Dara rushed to where her voice was coming from. And when she did she saw her mate being crowded by werewolves, fairies and vampires. The reinforcements from other realms already came to their aid. But one thing's been bugging Dara.

 

Why?

 

Why send hundreds of men after her mate?

 

She made her way to her as fast as she can, tearing flesh of whoever came to her to stop her from getting to her. Heads, torso, arms, legs, guts- name it, and you'll sure find them on the ground.

 

Chaerin couldn't stand the mania. She was going crazy. Her legs gave up on her and she covered her ears to block the sound of screaming and tearing of flesh. She closed her eyes to, wishing not to see the bloodbath before her eyes.

 

On Dara's side there was a black smoke seeping through the ground, and everything the smoked touched except for her turned into ashes. The soldiers were alarmed.

 

"There's a demon helping them!" A fairy shouted as she flew into one of the trees reaching for her bow at her back.

 

Realizing this, Dara's eyes automatically searched for her mate. When she was sure that her mate was safe she turned to look at her back and saw him.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

"We'll talk later. Save Chaerin first." He said in a very low voice.

 

But just then-

 

Another tearing flesh was heard followed by a pained groaned by Chaerin.

 

Both royalties turned to the girl.

 

The fairy who flew at the trees have struck her with an arrow...