Chapter 39: Is this even hunting?

Hybrid's Mate

        Chapter 39: Is this even Hunting?

 

 

Wendy was in pain- it was excruciating to realize her bond with Irene is now severed she didn’t know where to look for her or where to find her now that the only connection they have is gone. Krystal can sense her panic and tried to run beside her.

 

 

 

“We’re almost at the manor! I can see it from here!” Sooyoung said as she jumps from one tree to another. With that, Wendy tried to focus really hard to find Irene. It might be possible- she has had to think how she first met her. She just has to follow the scent of irises she gives off.

 

 

 

“This way! I think I smell her this way!” Wendy growls.

 

Just as they were going to enter the dense forest after a small clearing meadow, wind gust towards them. Next came the flapping of wings and then came the view of the singed faced dragon. Krystal growled and jumping towards the dragon and shifting mid-air into her human form before producing a jagged dagger from her hand and stabbing the left wing of the dragon. Dragging the dagger down; leaving the wings ripped. She then changed back to her wolf form. “Nice one.” Victoria said with a smirk and if wolfs can sneer that would be Krystal’s face now.

 

 

 

“Restringo!” Victoria said throwing seeds to the dragon. The seeds instantly growing on the neck of
the dragon restricting his breathing. “Wendy! You guys go ahead! We can handle this!”

 

 

 

 

Wendy was hesitant to leave them alone but Krystal gave her a mocking look, “Don’t worry. What do you think I’ve been doing in Romania all these years? Besides sitting pretty, that is.” she said through their link. All the worry in Wendy’s eyes vanished. Krystal was right, she shouldn’t worry. She’s stronger than she looks like, so she turned to Sooyoung and ran to the dense forest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dragon screamed in agony. It was such a piercing sound Victoria had to shut him off by forming a barrier around the dragon. In the end, his screeching screams became a weapon against him. It damaged his hearing!

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s almost dead.” Victoria chuckled.

 

 

 

 

“Wow Vic, didn’t know you knew how to hunt dragons.” Krystal said astound as the dragon doubled over before breaking the barrier around him.

 

 

 

“I don’t have to go to Romania to know how to kill a dragon, darling.” She said flying over the dragon sprinkling something over closed eyes. Victoria's speed was no joke tho- one moment she was beside her and the next thing she was already high up airborne. It was the first time Krystal saw a hybrid wolf fairy- she just thought they could use magic. Turns out they can also adapt their fairy qualities and it was definitely the first time she hunted a dragon this quick. Would somehow make sense tho~ since Tyler wasn't even half a dragon to be said after what Dara did to him in China and since Krystal isn't alone in this hunt she's doing now.

 

 

 

 

As if some last resort, he roared and spews fire without a specific target. Burning what was a beautiful meadow towards a forest.

 

 

 

 

The dragon turned back to his human form, staggering. His eyes seemed like glued shut by the dust Victoria dusted over him. They were disgusting with pus threatening to come out if they were pryed open. His left arm was torn- like it was hanging by a thread. He walked a few steps before collapsing at the dirt.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Victoria glanced at Krystal, “This was the guy who tortured you and your sister?” Victoria was skeptical her hands on her hips as she slowly comes down from the air as is she was Peter Pan.

 

 

“Hey, don’t judge. We were young and didn’t know how to fight. Turns out he just had an ugly face to intimidate people. He’s nothing but an earthworm. Not even half of a gecko. All talk, no power.”

 

 

 

 

Victoria laughed  undesrtanding her from the wolf pack link they share and mocked her like she was presenting an audience to her majesty, “He’s yours to finish, princess.”

 

 

 

 

Krystal then shifted to human form. Two daggers materialized in her hands as she walked slowly towards the man.

 

 

Each step was heavy, like the trauma she’s suffered from this man. She reached him and the man grabbed her ankle. “You…” was all he could say at that time.

 

 

 

“Long time no see Tyler.”

 

 

(for reference lol I've been binge watching sorry)

Rage was visible in his eyes when he forcibly tried to open them as he tries to stand up by holding on to her, Krystal just let him stand up using her. Victoria wasn’t that far apart from them watching with interest. Taking in every information that could be useful for future references since that's her job. Information gathering..

 

 

 

Tyler smirked as they were eye to eye level now. He raised his right arm his fingers turning into scale filled claws. “You !” he shouts, Victoria was about to go and produce a barrier between them but she was surprised by a flying arm and blood splattering on her cheek. What followed was a man’s scream. ‘How?’ she wondered as she touched her cheek and then looked at her fingers wet with blood. She didn’t see Krystal move. Her eyes turned to the severed right arm right at her feet. It was melting with green goo.

 

 

 

‘Basilisk venom?’ she wondered then her eyes went to her daggers and she realized why they were awfully familiar to her. Stolen relics frrom Bulgaria. Basilisk Daggers.

 

 

 

 

'When did Krystal strike him with her daggers and how the did she get those?' she scoffs in disbelief. 

 

 

 

 

“My sister suffered from you greatly than I did. I already killed one of your brothers who made me suffer. I even have his fangs as daggers. One more to go I think? As from my dear sister... I think she’d want your head as a wall mount. I’ll give her your head as a trophy.” She said as she holds him by his hair. All he could do was cry his pain out. “Stop squirming. You’re getting uglier.” Krystal said rolling her eyes in disgust and turning to Victoria. “Hey Vic, you have a knife or something? I can’t use my daggers- he’ll melt.” She laughed to which Tyler cried harder with snot running down from his nose.

 

 

 

 

‘Seulgi is a piece of work but so is her mate. Mother Leto surely knows how to be a match maker.’ She though as she scoffed then smiled as she touched a nearby shrub forming it into a blade. “Will this do?” she asked handing the makeshift sword made of a wild shrub worrying it wouldn't even cut the dragon's hide. 

 

 

 

 

 

. “Don’t worry. If it doesn’t make a clean cut, it would be better. He’ll suffer.” She smirked before proceeding to cut his head off of his body just as she said she would.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wendy, where is she?” Sooyoung said as she scans through the dense forest at the top of the cypress tree.

 

 

 

Wendy shifted to the human form and said, “I lost her! She’s here around the creek! I just know it!” she said as she grabs her burning chest. "The creek is getting in the way- hiding her."

 

 

 

Sooyoung suddenly stopped in her tracks, her eyes turning completely white as she levitates a bit from the ground. It was just a split second- then she turned to Wendy with worried eyes. It made Wendy panic, thinking something bad must’ve happened to the love of her life.

 

 

 

“What’s that? What happened? Why?! Did something happen?!” she couldn’t help but shout. Then they heard a rustle of fallen leaves by the creek as if on cue Sooyoung replied to her. “Yerim broke through from Hwayoung’s barrier for a second and showed me something, something happened…” She raised her hand and pointed towards the rustling sound that was made. “She’s safe and sound- but this happened.” She whispered under her breath like she was afraid this was real; that this phenomenon before her eyes was now a reality and not a prophecy in old texts displayed in her father’s home as a favorite scripture. Sooyoung didn’t have to say out loud tho, Wendy can hear her just fine so her head whips towards where she was pointing where a fox was emerging from the tree trunk.

 

 

Wendy was confused but then she saw her eyes- the fox’s eyes were her eyes. “Joohyun baby?”

 

 

 

The fox’s eyes became watery as it ran to approach her as an answer. Wendy opened her arms. She held her tight as if her life depended on it, and it did. It did. “What happened?” she says as she buries her face in her fur trying hard not to cry. She then looks at Sooyoung “I-I don’t hear her… but she seems to want to say something.”

 

 

 

Sooyoung took out her necklace, the pendant became a grimoire. Her eyes were frantic searching for the spell she has saved for something like this as her other hand was busy writing squiggly letters the other two couldn’t understand at all in the air which floated around Wendy and Irene. Then she starts chanting, “Γη Πατέρα, δανείζομαι τη δύναμή σου, επιδιορθώνω τον σπασμένο δεσμό. Κάντε τα ένα, όπως τα έκανε η θεά του φεγγαριού να είναι πριν. Κάντε τα ένα μία φορά m-“

 

 

 

Suddenly a piercing flame shot her from the back. She was thrown a few meters away, Wendy hugged Irene’s fox appearance using her back as shield from the embers.

 

 

 

 “Pity. A few more second and she could’ve succeeded.” Tiffany- no Hwayoung said. The appearance is still Tiffany’s but her eyes- the other eye was red, indicating it wont be long until Tiffany cease to existence. She extends her hand towards them- no to Irene... and say, "Come now my little dearie. Make haste- or fire will raze." she smiles but the rage in her eyes betrays her.