Chapter40: Vampire VS Witch

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 40

 

 

 

 “Pity. A few more second and she could’ve succeeded.” Tiffany- no Hwayoung said. The appearance is still Tiffany’s but her eyes- the other eye was red, indicating it won’t be long until Tiffany cease to existence. She extends her hand towards them- no to Irene... and say, "Come now my little dearie. Make haste- or fire will raze." she smiles but the rage in her eyes betrays her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene in the hands of Wendy could only shake but Wendy held her tightly. “I will never give her to you. She’s not a thing you can own!”

 

 

“Oh, but she is! I made her! She is mine!” she waved her hand and in an instant they separated.

 

 

 

Irene in her fox form can only shake her head from left to right as Wendy was thrown across the forest hitting her back with one of the trees and her floating to Hwayoung’s arms. Wendy didn’t even hit the ground- she changed her form and lunges forward Hwayoung neck with her claws. Hwayoung tried to defend herself with her arm and Irene shrugged free from it, and in that moment, she doubled before Sooyoung could catch her. “Get her out of here!” Wendy’s growl resonates inside the forest.

 

 

“I can’t leave you with her!” Sooyoung screams as she held Irene. “You can’t beat her alone!”

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

A roar can be heard from a far. “Wendy.“

 

Before they could run towards the voice, Dara, Yuri and Taeyeon came out of nowhere to what seemed like a portal the vampire made. “Where’s Irene?” was what Dara said before the two could even answer her there was a big explosion inside the forest.

 

 

They all ran towards to where the noise was coming. As soon as they got there, they saw Wendy in her wolf form with her left ear torn like it was paper; bleeding, it might have been torn off by the explosion they heard a while ago. Sooyoung on the other hand was battered and curled up in one spot. It seemed like she was hugging someone- something?

 

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes were glowing red that how they all know that it wasn’t the Tiffany they raised. She wasn’t the Tiffany they took in years ago. Wendy, Yuri and Dara were hoping tho. That Tiffany was in still in there somewhere. “Taeyeon, go and search the manor with Yuri, find Yerim.”

 

 

 

“Will you be okay alone here? It seems like she’s too strong for them to handle.” Yuri said as she looked over Sooyoung and Wendy.

 

 

Dara turned to them with a smirk in her face, “Have you forgotten how I became immortal? A witch is no match for me.” Taeyeon sniggered, “Show-off. Just in case, I’m leaving Krystal and Victoria here with you.” She turns to the other too and says, “You both have great supporting skills. Make sure they don’t die. We’ll come back fast.”

 

With that the two shifted into their wolf form and ran towards the manner. Hwayoung sees this as she hovers over the tree so she shouts, “Luti lupos, post eos!” and clay wolves starts to form from the dirt. They ran after the two wolves.

 

“Don’t turn your head against your enemy!” Krystal shouts as she threw kunais that where strapped on her legs. Victoria ogles at her, “What the Krys, those were there?! I didn’t notice them at all.” Krystal just shrugged. Dara laughed but casted a spell flying towards Tiffany.  “Linea gummi magicae” she says and a pink thread went after the kunai knives that were thrown. Nothing happened tho- Tiffany just evaded the three kunais going her way. And turned to Wendy again, “You better listen to these kids Hwayoung, “Don’t turn away from your enemies.” Dara said, flexing her fingers before clenching her hands.

 

 

The spell she uttered a while ago turned out to be gum like strings! She was now controlling the kunais to move around in all directions she wishes them to move.  Krystal and Victoria jumped on her at the same time too. Krystal tried to slash her with her basilisk daggers but Hwayoung dodged. She failed to land a hit but it did graze her leg, which started to fester right away because of the dagger’s poison. Meanwhile Victoria tried blowing powder at Hwayoung wondering if the same tactic would work on her but Hwayoung just blew the powder away by a gust of wind magic.  

 

 

 

Wendy then shifted back on her human form and ran to Sooyoung. It seemed like she fainted from the attacks she received from Hwayoung. Wendy kneeled and faintly called for Irene, “Juhyun, please be okay.” She says and Irene’s head pops off of Sooyoung’s arms. She shrugs her head as the soots from the fire magic irritates her ear. She saw Wendy and a tear escaped her tiny fox eyes. Her hair was frizzly and partly singed. Her forehead was caked with blood and her left ear cut off. She blames herself. She can’t even do anything about it. She could only let out soft whines.

 

 

This didn’t escape Dara’s ears. She looks over them and sees Irene’s hybrid form for the first time. She loses focus and the kunais drops from the air from constantly attacking Hwayoung. That’s Irene. The daughter Chaerin left her. She starts getting emotional with the sight of the little fox walking towards Wendy’s arm and nesting there. Wendy senses her gaze and looks over her. She spoke to her through the pack link. “Please mend our connection” she says as if the pain of not being connected to her was greater than the pain of her wounds.

 

 

“Didn’t you say to pay attention, vermin?!” Hwayoung says as she once more made a gust of wind- only this time she blew fire on it and it became a tornado of fire going to Dara’s direction. Dara produces a barrier in the nick of time!

 

 

“Unnie!” Victoria shouts in worry as she ran towards Dara.

 

 

“I’m fine. I was a bit careless.” She looks over Sooyoung, Wendy and Irene. “Why don’t you and Krystal leave this to me.” Krystal jumps down the tree she was in and landed next to Dara. “Get them out of here so I wouldn’t have to worry about going wild.” She says before her hair turned white and she jumped up into the air to float and level up with Hwayoung in the air.

 

 

They both battled spells after spell and sparks were flying here and there. Hwayoung was overwhelmed. Since this wasn’t her original body, she was having a hard time to manage Tiffany’s magic. Especially when Tiffany inside her was constantly trying to pry her away off of her body’s control. She had to switch up the game. She produced a claymore out of her necklace. “You wanna play that way?” Dara mocks as she produces a jian by lightning magic.

 

The two began clashing swords against each other with Hwayoung slyly throwing fire magic here and there when she Dara puts her in disadvantage. Dara laughed at her, “Must be hard not being as talented as the body you’re trying to steal, huh?” They were put in a lock with both of their swords stuck- no one giving in to back off. They were head-to-head as their swords were crossed, “I know you’re still inside Tiffany. Come home, child.”

 

 

Hwayoung sniggered, “You think she can break free from my hold? I have my hands wrapped all around her neck!” she says as she pushed all her might to make another slash only to be blocked by Dara’s sword. “If you have her wrapped all around your hands, then why are your eyes color flickering.” Dara smirked and Hwayoung falters. “Silence!” She says as she starts shooting fire towards her.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Victoria goes to the three and carries Sooyoung in her arm. She was badly hurt. But she can still feel that she was going to survive. She looks over Krystal as she helps Wendy up with a fox on her hand. She raised a brow towards the wincing Wendy being held up by Krystal.

 

 

“It’s Irene.” Seeming to know what’s running in her head, Wendy answered her as to why she was carrying a fox. “What?” Krystal says. “No time for dilly dallies, let’s just talk about that later at camp.” Victoria says.

 

“You think I would let you get away?! She’s mine!” She shouts and lands on the ground with a bang, her sword stuck on the ground.  “Pestis Incendium!” she says as she stretched her hands to her sides, flame shooting out of her palm.

 

 

 

“Toria!” Dara shouts as the fire starts coming between Victoria and Wendy. A fire circle forms and Vitoria swiftly jumps to her left leaving Wendy, Krystal, Irene and Dara trapped inside the fire.” Krystal was about to jump over the fire, “No don’t! You’ll die! That’s a Fiendfyre curse. It will incinerate you right away!” she shouts as she flies towards them.”

 

 

 

“Vic, go back and warn them at camp!” Krystal yells from the other side.

 

 

“Are you crazy?! I’m not coming back without you! I’d rather get killed by this curse than get killed by Seulgi!”

 

Dara laughed at the fact, “Then tell Seul she needs to fetch her mate.” Dara says calmly as she glares at Hwayoung sniggering with crazed eyes. “We should finish this right away. I don’t like seeing you using Tiffany’s body.”

 

“Well .” Victoria mumbles as she carried Sooyoung away from the scene.

 

“Hey Soojung, you think you can try healing Wendy?” Dara mumbles.

 

“I haven’t tried healing other people than myself.” Krystal says as her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Well, now’s a good time to practice.”

 

“ you.” Krystal laughs as she sets Wendy down and does as Dara says.

 

Dara then put strength on her heels and pushed her feet of the ground for speed momentum- attacking Hwayoung with her sword.

 

 

Authors Note:

 

               I finally found out why I was too lazy to write chapters for a while now. It was all because, I don’t want to end this fic. Some of you might say- wow, so many twist and turns. So many questions unanswered. But that’s the thing. They weren’t answered at all. Why? Because this fic is only an introduction to the lore. You’ll know what I mean…