Chapter 11: Ambush

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 11

 

Wendy and Irene have gone inside the building now. As they were inside the elevator, they held hands. Dara have left them already after receiving a call from her bookmark.

 

"D-does this mean I'm off the hook now?" Wendy asked cautiously. Irene heaved a heavy sigh, thinking. "... Hmm... Nope!" Irene said with a popping sound putting emphasis on her answer. Another meme worthy facial expression was seen plastered on Wendy's face which made Irene giggle. "You'll have to help me arrange my dorm room to make it up to me." Irene said trying to stop from laughing while squeezing Wendy's hand. "And don't ever do this to me ever again."

 

A fleeting silence followed before speaking again. "After you help me unpack and fix my things, I'll think about forgiving you." She then gave Wendy a side glance and winked.

 

Wendy felt like she was shot by some silver bullet. She gotta keep in mind that Irene's wink is just as deadly as those; too cute for her own good. The elevator made a loud ding and they went off on Irene's floor.

 

As Irene was punching her password in, Wendy was reminded why she went to this place right away. With Victoria, Luna and Amber leaving, she doesn't have anyone she trusts on this dorm to look after her mate if something were to happen. No werewolves from her pack were available too. Most of their pack mates have gone to their own hometown after the festival. Both the Moonstone and Silverbane pack's werewolves were busy guarding the borders.

 

Wendy began to feel anxious. She fiddled with her fingers. "J-joohyun-ah, are you going to send me home tonight after we're done with fixing your room?" Irene turned around to see her fiddling her fingers as if she was a child who's getting reprimanded. She found her so cute she had to bite her lips to prevent herself from squealing. "Do you have to go?"

 

Wendy looked up to her. "If you have to go..." Irene said turning against Wendy facing the door of her room. "You can... But if you want..." She turned to face Wendy again a tint of blush on her cheeks. "You can stay over too, after helping me with my stuffs."

 

Wendy smiled from ear to ear before clearing . "I'll stay of course!" She said a little too high pitched. "V-Victoria unnie, Luna unnie and Amber won’t be around the dorm so I'm worried about you. N-no one knows if you might get attacked or something..." She continued with her eyes quivering looking everywhere but Irene's eyes.

 

Irene decided to mate. "Really? Are you sure you're not just making up some excuses to stay with me?”

 

Wendy was flustered but caught on fast on what Irene was playing at and decided to mate back. "Well, if you don’t want me to stay, I can also leave-" her words were cut off by a pair of lips. "And what? Go to that 'friend' Tiffany?" Irene said after giving Wendy's lips a peck. She glared at Wendy. "Don't even think of it Kwon Seungwan. Not in a million light-years." She pouted.

 

"You're cute when you're jealous like that..." Wendy whispered pulling Irene by the waist and kissing her back. "AHHHHCK!!!!" Both Irene and Wendy's head turned from where the voice came from. Amber was standing not so far away from them with her hands covering her eyes. It looked like Amber came out from the room beside Irene's.

 

"My poor eyes!" Amber said dramatically earning a chuckle from the couple. Amber uncovered her eyes and fixed her backpack sulkily. "I’m so glad I'd be spared by your PDAs for a couple of weeks!" She exclaimed. Irene stopped from chuckling. "You're leaving?" Amber nodded. "Yeah. I'm going to LA for a couple of weeks."

 

Irene then remembered what Wendy said awhile ago. Turns out her mate wasn’t lying about Amber leaving. She's curious about where her sunbaes Victoria and Luna were off to if Amber was off to LA.

 

"Why?" Irene asked again snaking her arms around Wendy protectively; side hugging her. Amber cringed at the sight giving Wendy a brief look before answering. "I have to take some units I took last yr from my exchange program because it didn't work well. So I have to go back there again and retake them." She lied methodically.

 

"Really? That . Don’t forget to bring home gifts to us, Am." Wendy said winking at her. "Of course." Amber smirked bumping fist with Wendy. "I'll have to go. I still have a flight to catch. I need to meet Hara unnie before that."

 

"Take care~" Irene said as Amber passed them by and entered the elevator doors.

 

"Now that I've noticed it, there's always something or someone getting in the way when we're kissing..." Irene whispered. Wendy heard her, thanks to her werewolf abilities. "And I've noticed," Wendy said crossing her arms over her chest. "That my babydoll seems to love kissing." She finished with a smirk.

 

Irene turned to her shocked and turned her head the other way again. But not before Wendy saw how red her face has become. "W-what are you talking about?!" Irene said flustered. She opened the door and walked inside.

 

Wendy followed her. "You love kissing. That's what I'm talking about." Wendy grinned like a fool teasing her mate. Irene pretended not to hear her, setting her bag at the couch and began walking towards the kitchen of the studio type dorm.

 

"You love kissing don’t you?" Wendy exclaimed, pushing the matter further following Irene to the kitchen. "AHHHHHH~~~~" Irene shouted back at her childishly blocking Wendy's advances to . "I don't hear anything~~~~!" She said shaking her head and blocking her ears with her fingers.

 

Wendy giggled and swept Irene off of her feet setting her on the kitchen island. She cupped Irene's face to stop her from shaking her head and then grabbed her hands as she went to stand between Irene’s legs. "You do love kissing, don’t you?"

 

Irene glared at her pouting instinctively, her face as red as beet root would be then she looked away from her mate. "So what?! Will you love me any less just because of that ual complex I have?" Wendy couldn't help but let out a laugh at her mate's cuteness which earned a slap on her shoulder from Irene. "Ouch! Of course not!" She said in between laughs.

 

Wendy inched closer to her. Close enough for Irene to feel Wendy's breath on her lips. "I just found an excuse to kiss you more often." She whispered as she closed the gap between the both of them claiming the latter's lips.

 

Irene reciprocated right away and began to move her lips against Wendy. Wendy the let go of Irene's hands only to place her arms around Irene's waist to pull her closer. On the other hand Irene encircled her arms around Wendy's neck and began to play with Wendy's hair as she tilts her head to deepen the kiss.

 

No one was giving up the domination between them so Wendy s her hands inside Irene's shirt feeling her sides which made the latter gasp. Wendy smirked and was about to use this opportunity to slip her tongue inside Irene's mouth again but Irene bit her lower lip as a payback for what Wendy did.

 

"I thought we would unpack your things? Your things won't move on their own, baby. Unless you have levitating powers like Dara." Wendy whispered against Irene's lips as they tried to catch their breaths between kisses with their foreheads resting on each others.

 

"Fck them. Let's just ask Dara unnie to fix them tomorrow. I’m too busy with you right now." Irene hissed pulling Wendy's collar to kiss her torridly again. Wendy smirked on their kiss. "You're... Too... Hot... When you cuss like that..." Wendy said in between kisses making Irene giggle.

 

Wendy tilted her head the other way, ready to surrender to Irene's domination but the doorbell rang signaling an *cough* unwanted visitor. Irene groaned and stopped kissing Wendy. She hugged her and let her head rest on Wendy's shoulder.

 

"I’m going to send that nuisance away whoever she is." She whispered; frustration evident on her voice. Wendy chuckled soothing Irene's back and giving her a light pat on the head. Irene began to slide off the kitchen island and went to answer the door. Meanwhile Wendy opened a box at the kitchen island and found some China wares. She unloaded them and rinsed them before placing them at the cupboard.

 

"AUNT BOM?!" she heard Irene exclaim from the door.

 

***

 

Dara and Seohyun, together with Yoona and Hara, were currently busy making potions and talismans inside Dara's quarters. Dara was sitting comfortably on the floor writing calligraphy of spells on papers beside Yoona who was busy double checking Haridan's authenticity. From time to time Yoona would steal glances at Seohyun while hiding behind the map she had in hand.

 

"You're too obvious. Just look at her without pretending. You look like an obsessed ahjussi there." Dara mumbled under her breath. Yoona threw a glare her way and hissed. She thought hard again for a minute before looking at the old vampire beside her.

 

"D-dara yah.." Dara looked up to her with a scowl on her face. "'Dara-yah'?" Yoona was perplexed & cleared . "Dara-unnie." She corrected herself looking at Dara who was back to writing. "Eo, wae?"

 

"How long have you known Seo Juhyun?"

 

"I've known her ever since she was born. And when I say born, I'm talking about her first life on earth." Dara answered giving Yoona her full attention now. She eyed the werewolf uo\p and down. "Why? Are you jealous?" She smirked.

 

Yoona's blood boiled at Dara's taunt. The amusement on Dara's face vanished and was replaced by a stoic look. "If you want that child to keep on living this life peacefully, keep your cool. If you can't do that, you better stay away from her. I'm saying this for your own good, Im Yoona." She said standing up.

 

"Yah, Seo Juhyun! I'm done here! You and Hara should go around the borders of the city to place these talismans." Dara said in a cheery tone as if she didn't say anything to Yoona. Hara stood up with Seohyun leaving the healing potions they've been working on to boil at their cauldrons.

 

"Unnie, I dont think I can accompany Seohyun around the borders today. I have to send Victoria, Amber, and Luna to the airport today with their fill of potions." Hara said.

 

"It's okay. I've been around once. I can do it al-"

 

"I'll go with Seohyun." Yoona cuts Seohyun off before she could even finish her sentence. Yoona grabbed the talismans from Dara's hands and waved them in front of Seohyun. "I'll help you." She said flashing that boyish smile on her. Seohyun blushed and cleared . "O-okay. I'll wait for you upstairs. I'll have to inform Yuri where I'll go. She has enough people to worry about. I'll wait for you upstairs."

 

"I'll go ahead too unnies." Hara said following the fairy philosopher out of the room. As soon as the two went out of the room Dara flew high to her bookshelves and said. "I've warned you, Im Yoona. You'll only repeat the same mistakes with that attitude of yours." Yoona turned her back on her and went to the door. "Mind your own business vamp." She hissed slamming the door close.

 

***

 

Taeyeon and Sunny were on their wolf form checking the location where Irene was attacked. The black furred wolf, Taeyeon, sent a message to her mate through their link. 'I'll go around the temple once again and see if there's anything out there.'

 

The cream furred wolf, Sunny, the big black wolf's cheek. 'Okay, I'll go around the area near the temple to check too." She said through their link. 'Don't go too far, the sun is about to set.' Taeyeon advised. 'And don't take too long.' Sunny talked back before running off to the forest.

 

***

 

As Sunny was going around the forest, the sun began to set. Her creamy fur turning white when the rays of sun hit it. Sunny ran further arriving into a meadow . Then, she picked up a smell. 'Chrysanthemum?' Sunny thought. It smelled fishy yet sickly flowery; as if the flower scent was forcefully applied to cover up the fleshy smell around the area.

 

She looked around and up the trees but couldn't tell where the smell was coming from. Right then, her ears perked up as it picked a noise behind the trees. A man wearing a trench coat came out of the woods at the other side of the meadow.

 

"Long time no see, Jung Sooyeon." The man's raspy voice said as he walked closer to Sunny. 'Jung Sooyeon?' she thought. 'Wae?' Taeyeon asked through their link.

 

Taeyeon must've sensed her mate's anxiety and decided to snoop in her thoughts. As soon as Taeyeon grasped the situation her mate was in, she ran off to follow the trail her mate went off to not so long ago.

 

'Im coming babe. He doesn't seem normal. Don't let your guard down!' Sunny stepped back away from the man instinctively. The man in front of her removed his fedora cap and as he did, Sunny saw scales growing on his hands.

 

Sunny took three steps backwards once again. All her senses were tingling with alertness. She looked at the man again and saw a scar on his face, running from his right eye to his cheek. It was, without a doubt, a scar from a werewolf.

 

The man threw the fedora on the ground growling in pain. Loud cracking of breaking bones were heard. Then in front of Sunny, he began to grow wings, his body started to grow big and his nails grew long and were now claws that can tear up flesh. The man before her morphed into a dragon!

 

"You thought you could escape me?" The man- no, the dragon said with raspy voice blowing fire to display its range and power. He flew high and went for a dive like a hawk hunting for its prey. Sunny was too paralyzed to move from her place when she saw the dragon going for her.

 

The dragon picked the creamy furred wolf using its deadly claw. Sunny groaned and whimpered as the dragon's claw pierced her sides. 'T-tae...' she called out through their link as she whimpered.

 

'NO! NO! NO!' Taeyeon shouted and growled arriving just in time as when the dragon grabbed hold of Sunny. Taeyeon ran fast and jumped off a rock to reach the dragon who was about to fly away with her mate in tow. Taeyeon growled reaching to bite the dragon's leg holding Sunny.

 

The dragon groaned in pain letting go of Sunny. As Sunny fell from his claws she began to morph back to her human form. The dragon looked back on her as she lied half dead on the meadow. Taeyeon didn't let go of the dragon biting on him tighter, sinking her teeth deeper on him and clawing his scaly hind of legs.

 

The dragon began to sway his body left and right flapping his wings to break free from Taeyeon. With one last hard sway, he sent Taeyeon flying off to hit a pine tree. The wolf whimpered. The dragon then looked closely at Sunny lying not so far away from him. He let out a growl turning to Taeyeon who was now getting up. Taeyeon bit back a growl and ran to attack him.

 

Halfway, the dragon flew high and breathed fire on her, hitting her left shoulder. The black wolf cried in pain and began to change back to her human form. The dragon glanced at the both of them once again before flying off of the scene.

 

***

 

"Tae... T-taeyeon ah." Sunny whimpered, calling out for her mate coughing blood. Taeyeon scurried next to her holding her left shoulder in pain.

 

"I'm here. Im here..." She said placing Sunny's head on her lap and holding her hand, while the other pressed down on Sunny's side to stop the blood from spilling. "Taeng..." Sunny smiled at her.

 

"Shh.. shhh. Do-don’t speak. You'll lose energy!" Taeyeon said trying to control herself from crying.

 

"I-it hurts!" Sunny cried holding onto Taeyeon's hand tighter. Taeyeon couldn't stop herself from sobbing now. "D-don’t leave me. Shhh... Help is going to come!" She said cupping Sunny's cheek then rummaging through Sunny's jacket trying to find something. When she felt her hand reach for the bookmark she pulled it up to her face right away.

 

"ANYONE?! IS THERE ANYONE THERE?!" Taeyeon cried. "HELP US PLEASE!" Taeyeon said sobbing, pressing Sunny's wound harder when she felt like her blood started to spill more. She turned to face Sunny. "B-baby, stay with me please... Don't close your eyes! Look at me!" She cried turning to shout at the magic bookmark again.

 

"A-ANYONE!!! PLEASE... PLEASE SEND HELP!" she cried deliriously. Sunny reached for Taeyeon's face. Taeyeon paid her full attention to her letting go of the bookmark and holding her hand that was cupping her face instead. Sunny smiled and shook her head.

 

"N-no! No! D-don’t do this to me!" Taeyeon cried shaking her head crying and holding to Sunny's hand tightly.

 

Slowly, Sunny closed her eyes.