Chapter 25: Accusations and Funeral

Hybrid's Mate

“Luna is already out of danger.” Dara said as she paced back and forth her room with the two alphas and Victoria then Luna lying near her.

“The things that attacked us were clay wolves.” Victoria said as she held her mate’s hand.

“I think you were unto something big. That's why you were attacked.” Dara looked at Taeyeon and Yuri. “I asked Yuri to call you because there seems to be a traitor in our turf.”

“Traitor?”

“Where's Wendy? I'd rather have her here when I discuss this.” Dara said as she stopped pacing and stood in front of Haridan looking at Hara's name that was still lurking around Irene's dorm.

As if on cue Wendy entered the room. “I'm sorry, I came here as fast as I can.”

 

***

 

The two alphas and their subordinates were looking down at Haridan after hearing Dara say that Hara, a fairy-werewolf may be a traitor who's fallen into a manipulation spell.

“The day Wendy's mate was attacked, Hara was the one in charge of the security. The only way for demons and vampires to enter a territory without being detected by spells is if someone invited them in.”

“We’re accusing Hara based on this claims alone?”

“No.” a voice from the dark said. Yeri materialized from the shadows with Amber in her arms.

Wendy was surprised when she saw Yeri. “Y-you? Why are you here? What are you?”

“You're not accusing her based on these claims. You're accusing her because I saw her enter in and out my niece’s manor.”  

Seohyun recognized Yeri even without her usual dark aura around her. Her brows furrowed. No dark aura? Instead Yeri seemed human to her. “She's Yeri. Dara's younger sister who defied the law of nature.”

“Amber!” Yoona screamed as she recognized the girl in her arms. She ran to Yeri snatching her. “What did you do to my sister?!” Yoona snarled.

“What happened?” Dara said devoid of emotions as she looked down at Amber's lifeless body. Dara’s icy voice resonates in her room making the temperature drop.

Yuri and Taeyeon dropped beside Yoona to check on Amber. Victoria cried when Yuri shook her head while holding on to Amber's pulse. Taeyeon gripped Yoona’s shoulder warning her not to be reckless. Wendy was dumbstruck looking at Amber's face. The door of the room opened and Seulgi entered. It seems like Victoria informed her about amber through links. Wendy ran to her and hugged her blocking her view. “W-what happened to Josephine? W-we... W-we were just planning a trip few days ago.” Seulgi said as she shook in Wendy's arms.

“I'm going to repeat my question my dear sister. What happened to Amber.” Dara's eyes flashed to red then black trying to control her temper. Her tone wasn't questioning. Her tone was demanding. Seohyun went to her side and held her back.

“My mate saw her on the back of a hell hound during shadow travel. The hound... The hound said Amber encountered a vampire witch... We couldn't save her in time sister. I'm sorry.” hearing what Yeri say Yoona cried even harder hugging her sister's body. Seohyun looked at Yoona and murmured in a low voice that only Dara heard. “So it's her sister in this life...” Dara and Seohyun's eyes met. Seohyun gave her a weak smile then kneeled near Yoona to comfort her.

 

Victoria broke from her trance remembering what Yeri said, “VA-vampire witch you say?”

They all looked at her.

“The lead we were following when we were in China was about the vampire child Dara bit. She was hoarding spell books about soul transfer. We were going to go to the mountain she was last seen before we got attacked by Clay wolves.”

 

“Can this be related to Sunny's attack?”

“My sister's death?”

“And your sudden appearance?” each and every one of them pitched in.

Yeri looked at her sister. “I already told you to be careful about someone in your turf betraying you.” she said in a grave tone. “I can only give you hints but I can't openly help you.” her eyes turned to Seohyun. “You know that. No one can tamper fate. No one can escape prophecies no matter how much you prepare for it. Knowing what will happen will only endanger you more than you already are.” 

 

“How can we know you're not lying?” Seulgi said skeptically

Yeri raised her pinky Dara raised her pinky finger too. A band appearing on their fingers. “That's...” Taeyeon stuttered in shock.

“It's the unbreakable vow.” Wendy said.

“That's right. During Yeri's first life, she didn't trust anyone besides me and vice versa. We made a vow not to lie to one another.”

“Then what more information can you divulge us?”

Yeri her drying lips and took a deep breath. “It's only a matter of time before the witch Jiyoung made a contract with devour my niece’s soul. She's only missing one last piece. Your daughter with Chaerin.” when Yeri said this she looked at Wendy with malice.

“I'm doing my best to distract her and prolong her soul's life, but I can only do much. I suggest you get ahold of the traitor and make her speak to know who you're fighting with. This is all I can share. I'm sorry but I have to go. She'll notice I've been gone for far too long.” with that she vanished.

 

The room was once again quiet and only sobs of Victoria, Seulgi and Yoona can be heard.

“My sister needs a burial.” Yoona said meekly.

 

***

Wendy went home to inform Irene about the tragedy that happened and waited for her to dress up.

“I wasn't close to her but she was nice.” Irene sincerely said as she held Wendy's hand to comfort her.

“I-I never expected this would happen.” Wendy didn't realize that she was already crying. Irene let her sit down on their bed feeling that Wendy's leg are about to give up and then she hugged her while she was standing and her hair. “She was so good. She was so good..” Wendy just kept on mumbling. “I know...” Irene said kissing Wendy's hair. “We have to go and send her off.” Irene said as she tilts Wendy's head to look up at her. She wiped away her tears with her dainty fingers and then kissed the girl. “Let's be strong for Amber.” Wendy made a slight nod. When they got out of their dorm they saw Seulgi and Krystal outside waiting for them. Both their eyes were so red from crying.

They drove silently to Lykos Village.

 

When they got there Amber was lying on a casket in the middle outside of the Big House. They were given flowers and they walked towards the casket placing the flowers. Irene saw a tall slender woman not leaving Amber's side still holding her lifeless hand.

 

“She's Amber's sister.” Seulgi said noticing Irene's curious stare.

“They don't look alike.”

“She's her half sister.” Krystal answered.

“She must have doted on her so much.” Irene said.

“Quite the opposite actually.” Wendy said as the four of them went to sit.

“What do you mean?”

“Yoona never really showed interest in Amber.” Wendy said. Krystal and Seulgi heard this and both shook their head.

“You're wrong. Yoona always had her eyes on Amber. Always looking after her.”

“Yoona always looked after Amber but never let Amber knew. Yoona was scared her mother would treat Amber bad if she knew Yoona was doting on her”

“Because Amber is not a legitimate child?” Irene said to which Krystal made a nod.

“A few days ago before Amber was given this mission I heard my alpha and her arguing together with your sister.” Seulgi said looking at Wendy.

“She was begging them to send her instead of her sister”

Wendy's eyes began to water again as she looked at Yoona’s pain stricken face. “I.. I didn't know. I never knew.”

“No one did. No one knew how much she doted her. But if you're someone who pays attention to her, you'll see.” A voice behind them say. They all turned as saw Seohyun looking at Yoona as she her shoulder as if there was something there.

***

 

As the casket full of flowers and Amber in lying on it drifted away to the sea both packs bid their farewell. Yoona lit up an arrow and struck the casket letting it burn. The Blue moon shining upon the burning casket. “I will make them pay whoever did this to you, Am. I'm going to make them pay. “

 

Seohyun worriedly looked at her mate. ‘It's starting. Can I change your fate this time’

 

***

 

Taeyeon was sleeping while she held her mates hand. She was exhausted from today's event. Thank goodness Luna woke up right away. Although there was an unfortunate event that happened they still all needed to continue about the investigation. After the burial everyone was gathered at the Big House awhile ago and Dara already laid a trap to catch the traitor. Taeyeon finally got the time to spend with bed ridden mate. The wound on Sunny's side ws beginning to show signs of drying. However, Sunny was still unconscious.

 

“T-taeng..” a hoarse voice whispered.

 

Taeyeon’s ears perked up. She'd recognize that voice anywhere no matter how soft may it be. “S-Soonkyu?” she looked up and saw her mate looking down on her. “I-I'm sorry I made you worry.” Sunny said, her voice still hoarse as she smiled down on her.

 

Taeyeon laughed. She laughed and her eyes welled up with tears of joy, “It's okay. Just don't so it again, okay?” she joked. Both of them smiled and Taeyeon stood up, leaning down on her to kiss her lips. “Don't do that again.” Sunny let out a small weak chuckle closing her eyes to bask on her mate’s love.

 

Author's note: *sighs* I don't know what to do anymore. I have Hara and Sulli in my drafts like.. In all of my stories that are unpublished yet. Heck I have Hara in this one and was planning to put Sulli too before we lost them. Now I don't know what to do if I'd still include them or just edit the whole thing because it might come off as rude to the dead to use them like this. I don't know... Any thoughts?