Chapter 22: planting sprouts

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 22

 

Tiffany stared at her dragon earrings on the mirror as her make-up artist fixes her hair. She is finally one step closer to her mate. ‘We’ll make her ours.’ the voice inside her chided. Her eyes gleamed red then back to her brown orbs. “It’s done Miss Hwang! I hope you give us a spectacular performance like the usual.” Her make-up artist said. Tiffany smirked, knowing that Irene would be in the audience she didn’t plan on giving her a lousy performance. Her Hyun only deserves the best.

 

 

A round of applause was heard as she entered the concert hall. It was her first recital that wasn’t related to school activities and she didn’t expect for a lot of people to come. She looked around first and saw Irene sitting near the stage in front, aligned to the center of the stage where she’ll be sitting. Irene’s eyes and hers met. She couldn’t wait to have her back. She was hers after all.

 

Tiffany made a slight bow and went to sit on her chair. The hall was filled with silence; the she hit her first note. It was a very sentimental song- titillating. Irene looked around her, noting that everyone was indeed captivated by the music and the muse playing it. She couldn’t help but smile- she was proud of her sister. Tiffany on the other hand kept her eyes closed as she played, hitting the notes precisely.

 

As she finished playing, she stood up to make a bow to her audience and waved. Flowers were thrown to the stage as she walked away. She went back to her dressing room to change. As she sat on her chair after changing, now re-touching her make-up a knock was heard. “Come in.” she simply said as she dabbed some perfume on her wrist. The door swung open and revealed Irene holding a bouquet of purple tulips. Tiffany was overjoyed as she saw her from the reflection of her mirror. She spun around and stood up to greet her with a hug and a kiss; a kiss that missed a millimeter on Irene’s lips. This made Irene flustered.

 

 “C-congratulations for that splendid performance you did awhile ago, Miyoungie.” 

 

Tiffany smiled like a fool. “Did you enjoy it?”

 

Irene assumed it was just a mistake Tiffany made and relaxed, seeming that Tiffany didn’t give it too much thought, so she gave her the bouquet of flowers. “Yes, I enjoyed it. Although I don’t know much about classical music and what was it that you played, I really enjoyed it.”

 

Tiffany smiled as she received the flowers and walked to her dresser to get her purse. “The music I played today was called Je Te Veux. It would’ve been nice if my friend came to play the violin for accompaniment.” Irene nodded understandingly. “Should we go and grab lunch now?”  She asked Irene as she reached to grab her hand, holding it securely; afraid that someone will come again and steal her from her. “Yes, I’m starving.” Irene said jokingly as she gestured to her tummy.

 

Irene and Tiffany went to a restaurant and ate lunch together. Tiffany was ecstatic, there was no one who dared disturbed them. It made her so happy… until she felt someone trespass her past. “Hyun-ah, I’ll drop you off your place and then go home. Is that okay?” Irene smiled, and made a curt nod.

 

 

Whoever dared to mess with her- she was going to clear it right away. She’s never going to go easy on someone who dared to disturb her little time with her safe haven.

 

 

‘Erase them.’ A voice inside her said.

 

Her eyes flickered red, then returned to their natural color once again.

 

 

 

“How will you lure her out?” Yuri questioned Dara who was still standing in front of Haridan.

 

 

“We’ll call on a meeting this afternoon. Divide the meeting with yours and Taeyeon’s pack. Don’t forget to mention this plan to Taeyeon. Tell her it’s a plan to know who sold Sunny to the enemy to hurt her. She’ll surely agree with this plan.” Dara said calmly. Yuri wondered if it was still Dara she was talking to. She seemed too calm for her liking. It was getting scary.  “Call Wendy, I need to talk to her right now.” She added.

 

 

Yuri let out a sigh and went out of the vampire’s room to phone her sister then Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

Amber walked towards the building and immediately felt dizzy. Whatever was in this building- it is really something she can’t underestimate. She shifted into her wolf form. Amber’s fur a blend of yellow and orange, her paws looking like they’re wearing socks; covered in brown.

 

She hopped up the stairs and reached for the 12th floor, sensing a very hostile aura at the room far end the corridor. She slowly walked towards it and funnel ghosts started appearing before her- making Amber take a step back.

 

The Funnel ghost where shaking their heads to her. They seem to be warning her. Amber snarled at them and continued to walk towards the room. As she neared to the room, her furs stood up. Inside the room there was nothing but burned objects inside with a chest opened at the center. She walked inside and checked the chest. She saw a picture of a woman with two kids; baby on her arms and a child beside her. As Amber looked closely she realized that the girl in the picture was Bom, while the child beside her was Tiffany Hwang; he child who was brought in to Yuri’s pack. “No, this can’t be...”

 

“Are you enjoying what you see, Amber?” a familiar voice said behind her.

 

Amber shifted back to her human form. “…you?”

 

“Are you surprised?” her voice full of sarcasm.

 

“How is this possible?”

 

Tiffany’s red eyes glowed menacingly and she smirked towards the girl. “Is there really something impossible in the supernatural realm, Amber?”

 

“Who are you?” Amber asked curiously.

 

"I am Tiffany Hwang." she answered with mockery.

 

"NO. WHO. ARE. YOU? What are you?!"

 

“Since you’re going to die here anyway- I’m going to tell you then.” She said with a smug smile on her face. “I’m the one who sent the dragon. I am the girl in the picture. I am the child Dara bit during the coup d'état- and I am the rightful mate of Irene; that baby in the picture. I’m going to take everything that is rightfully mine. Everyone who comes snooping in like you did today will die in my hands.”

 

 

Tiffany raised her hand and clenched them. Amber’s feet flew up the ground and felt that the air on her lungs was being taken away. “Don’t worry, the pain won’t last long Amber.” Tiffany said as she flew next to her. Amber tried to move her arms and legs, she also tried to shape shift to save her life but it didn’t work. Tiffany flashed her fangs and sunk them on Amber’s neck.

 

Tiffany her dry and threw her lifeless body on the ground. She wiped with the back of her hand- the very same hand that she used to hold Irene’s hand. Then a strigoi materialized behind Tiffany hugging her and running her fingers on her hair. “That’s right, Miyoungie. Erase everyone who gets in our way to have Hyun.” It whispered to her ear.

 

Tiffany raised her head proudly, looking down on Amber’s lifeless body and then opening up a portal to return to Michino. Before she entered the portal she burned the place down once again.

 

After she left, Henry materialized next to Amber. He saw everything but couldn’t interfere- he wasn’t as powerful as the woman who did this to the little pup. He was a mere guardian. But now that the place is crumbling into pieces this means that he is free off of his duties. He carried Amber out of the building and summoned help from his familiar hellhound. “Jackjack, carry her to the nearest Nereides and ask for help.” The hellhound barked and did a shadow travel right away. Henry looked back at the burning building before saying, “It has started; the inevitable prophecy.”

 

Author's Note: Tiffany played Je Te Veux. The song means I Want You.