Chapter 31: A Deal to be Made

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 31

 

 

Seohyun opened a portal back to Nereides while Yoona followed behind her closely but somehow the portal transferred them somewhere when they walked past the portal’s blinding light.

 

“This…” Yoona murmured under her breath as she looked around the ruins of a facility. The facility was familiar to Yoona- she’s seen in on report clippings back at the big house. It was the facility where her alpha found Seulgi. As she looked around she realized that Seohyun was nowhere to be found. “Seohyun!” she shouts. When no one answers, she tries their link. “Seohyun where are you?!” her face pained stricken.

 

Suddenly, Yerim and a dragon whose exposed flesh awfully smelled- materialized about a few meters across her with a girl she knows all too well. A girl she grew up with, Tiffany.

 

“Long time no see, Lim Yoona.” She said in a husky sultry voice.

 

“Tiff- What are you doing here?” she asked as she skeptically looked at Yerim who kept mum; her eyes were red - like she just cried, she was also filled with scratches here and there and pooling blood at her forehead, her hands looked tied- physically and figuratively speaking.

 

Tiffany looked uninterested in contrast as she sat on a boulder beside the dragon, dragging Yerim as she tugs on the chains. “If you want your fairy back, you’ll have to do what I want Yoona.” She said as she looks at her what seemed to be newly painted red nails.

 

“What did you do to Seohyun?!” she growled as words uttered by Seohyun plays at the back of her mind; the image of Seohyun smiling at her, “Because in my life, whenever I go on a quest with you- I die.” she shifts involuntarily to her wolf form, unable to control her emotions. 

 

Tiffany just lets out a laugh that sent chills down her spine. The dragon between Yerim and Tiffany lets out a breath of fire creating a division between the three and Yoona. Then Tiffany lifted her hand, passing her free hand above her raised hand’s palm. “Captivus.” She says then, a small cage made of what seemed to me mana showed up on her palm with a tiny weak Seohyun inside.

 

“Seohyun!” Yoona shouts in her wolf form calling to their connection.

 

“Do you know what this cage can do Yoona?” Tiffany coyly asked as she slowly clenches her hands; the cage becoming smaller and smaller- making Seohyun yelp in pain inside. All Tiffany could hear was Yoona snarling and growling at her across the facility.

 

“You can growl and snarl all you want lil’ pup- but I won’t understand. I might get pissed and squash your precious fey if that happens.” She said with an annoyed look on her face.

 

Yoona immediately shifted back, “No! Please don’t hurt her! I’ll do whatever you want! Just don’t hurt her!” Yoona begged.

 

Yoona couldn’t think straight anymore. Seeing Seohyun in pain made her forget to question why Yerim was there- why Tiffany abducted Seohyun- how both Yerim and Tiffany know each other and why the hell are they at the ruined facility where they got Seulgi. No logic mattered anymore as words uttered by Seohyun before they went to China kept repeating inside her head.

 

Tiffany waved her hand, the cage vanished and Yoona’s heart raced faster- seeing Seohyun in pain rattles her but not seeing her makes her nerves go overdrive with worry! She barely even hears it when Tiffany spoke. “Get me Wen’s new mate and bring her here to me. Unharmed of course.” She finished with her sickly cute eye smile.

 

“That human-? Why?”

 

Tiffany stood at the boulder she was sitting at and smiled cruelly as she looked down at Yoona, “Just bring me the girl and you’ll have your precious fairy back.”

 

 


 

 

(A few hours back)

[It’s a trap! She’s not here!]

 

She heard Nicole say at the other line.

 

Enraged, Tiffany screamed her lungs out inside the manor then threw a sharp look at Yerim.

 

“You! You Betrayed me!” Her eyes flicker from her own brown orbs to red orbs. “You sold Nicole out! Real neat my dear aunt! It seems like you want to follow Aunt Bom so bad, huh?”

 

 

Yerim grimaced; she remembered how this person in front of her tore a grown familiar dragon when she refused to share the locations of Irene with her. She remembers the chilling sensation that made the hair at the back of her neck stand up when Tiffany used ‘Her’ spell to morph into Bom and trick Irene thinking that her aunt is still alive and well- but Yerim knew; she can’t do anything about it. This was how it’s supposed to happen. The course of events are like cogs turning now and she was the oil that made it move faster- hoping it would lessen the casualties at the process.

 

Yerim was ready to face Tiffany’s wrath- but the look of amusement on Tiffany’s face said otherwise. As if she knew that Yerim was already expecting her death. “Sooyoung!” she shouts to the shadows and Joy materializes before. Not even a moment passes and Tiffany snaps Joy’s arms with a flick of her finger and then chokes her, lifting her up in the air.

 

Joy couldn’t even react against it and hasn’t even realized that she was in Tiffany’s hold- not until she felt her bones break and her arms fell limp on her side. She screamed and groaned in pain- a call that made Yerim run towards them but Tiffany lifted her free hand a strong force pushing her before she could even get near.

 

Her back hits the walls of the manor, making her sustain cuts here and there.

 

“N-No! Don’t do this Tiffany!” Yerim shouts across the room. “Please! Not Sooyoung!!!” she pleads as blood trickles from her forehead. Sooyoung was already gasping for her dear life and Yerim couldn’t stand up from the impact.

 

“Fine,” Tiffany said as she threw Joy across the room opposite Yerim. Joy and Yerim shared a look and Joy immediately shook her head as if saying no, but Yerim didn’t back down from their staring contest. Joy bit her lip and vanished into the shadows afterward.

 

“Since I spared your demon friend, you owe me now. You’ll help me get my Joohyun back. You know we belong together. Right?” Tiffany smiled softly as if something outrageous didn’t happen a moment ago, and then called for Tyler. Tyler came in with a wooden box. “But before that, I have to make sure you don’t betray me again anymore.” She picked the box from Tyler and took out white dragon scales; they were Bom’s. She threw them at Yerim. Once the scales hit Yerim the scales turned into shackles. “You think I didn’t know that you were planning on using Tyler to get them to know who I am and meeting Dara behind my back?” she said full of mirth.

 

 

Yerim glared at the dragon but Tyler looked down at Yerim amused. “I’m sorry, She offered me better conditions. I knew you were going to get rid of me in the end instead of giving me that albino wolf.”

 

Tiffany tugged the chains and Yerim was instantly brought by her side. “We should get going, my clay wolves said that the fairy and poor lil’ Yoona are on their way back.”

 

 

Author’s Note:

So, apparently, you can’t select texts here as a reader??? Or just in general to avoid plagiarism I think? I hid the clues on white ink the last time thinking readers can select text and see them “accidentally”. But anyway, what I wanted to say is we’re almost at the end. Just a few more chapters away. Now I’m thinking which wolf would I make a story next… YulSic? YoonHyun? Or maybe Krystal x Seulgi. By far those are the ones that have the most promising plots. Or maybe a prequel with Dara.