Chapter 21: Duty over Safety

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 21

 

 

“The dragon we’re looking for is Park Bom?” Amber inquired to which Ailee answered. “Yes, that’s the only match we have in our data base. I’m sorry if it isn’t much of a help for now. At least you have a lead already.” A paper shimmered and materialized before her and she caught it with her fingers. “Here, it’s the coordinates of where you’ll find her. The address is around California. It shouldn’t be that hard to find her.”

 

 

Amber thought long and hard before getting the piece of paper from her. She glanced at Ailee and Shannon, “Thank you so much for you help.” Shannon smiled apologetically at her, “We didn’t give you much to be honest. This is the first time this happened here in Pliroforíes. We usually get more than just their coordinates.” She explained.

 

 

“I think there is a bigger problem and a more powerful person behind the scenes controlling everything you and your pack can have.” Amber snorted. “I couldn’t agree more to that, governess.” She whispered a spell under her breath and the paper stuck on her arm- not long after a holographic map appeared. “Do you want me to accompany you?” Shannon asked. Amber looked at the governess. “I think it’s best if I go alone. We don’t know what we’re fighting against, Shannon. I’d rather not risk it.”

 

 

 

Ailee and Shannon nodded and wished her good luck.

 

 

 

 

 

Back at Lykos

 

 

 

“What do you mean there’s a traitor in our turf?” Yuri couldn’t even imagine that there will be someone who will betray them. “You know that’s impossible, Dara.”

“How is it impossible Yuri?” Dara said with an amused tone, mocking her. “You know one can lie within the pack. Your pack and Taeyeon’s pack never made a vow to secrecy.”

 

“You weren’t born yesterday Dara. You know werewolves can tap each other’s mind when we’re in our wolf form.” Yuri said confidently

 

“That doesn’t mean there isn’t a spell for them to cancel access from their alpha. Tho only those who have the blood of the fairies can perform it. How many fairy werewolves do we have in our pack?” Dara made her guess. “It’s not a complicated spell to cast. It’s a simple spell Yuri. Even a kindergarten fairy uses it. It’s called Secret Diary. secretum commentarius. Only the owner of the memory and the owner’s choice of person can come and go to tap that memory.”

 

Yuri stared back at her dumbfounded. “I still don’t want to believe you. I can’t believe this! I can’t accept the fact that someone will betray their pack! We’re more than just a pack. We’re a family!”

 

Dara stood up and look down at her Haridan, her eyes on a certain name flashing on a marker.  The name she was looking at was ‘Goo Hara.’

 

“Then will you agree with what I’m planning to do to weed out the traitor?” her voice was grim as she watched where was Hara going. She was roaming around the borders near Irene’s dorm.

 

Yuri just looked at Dara’s back helplessly. “What will you do when we get her?” She asked, worried that Dara will do something that will hurt herself in the process.

 

 

“We’ll use her against the person who’s behind her.” She simply said.

 

 

 

 

Amber followed the trail of coordinates given to her by the governess and was brought to a rundown condominium tower. The tower looked like it was burned, and nothing grew there ever since it was burnt. Compared to the buildings’ beside it which were surrounded by plants and trees- this spot looked like it was so dead. “I guess this isn’t just really my lucky day, huh?”

 

She walked towards it and was called out by a man’s voice.

 

“You can’t go there! That’s a private property, cute pup. You don’t want to get toasted-don’t you?” A man with a fair skin sitting on top of the brick fence near the building said, a blue fire dancing on his finger.

 

“Who are you?” Amber asked trying to scan him for potential threat.

 

“I’m Henry, a deity of this place.”

 

“What’s a deity doing here in this old ruined building?”

 

“Just like any other deity out there.” He answered vaguely with a smug on his face.

 

Amber thought for a second. Deities were known protectors of lands that kept either precious things or dangerous things.

 

“What precious thing are you trying to protect here then?” she asked.

 

Henry, the deity smirked in amusement. “Little pup you’re so naïve. If something precious was here in this land, trees and flowers would have grown already and benefited from it.”

 

Amber got the gist something so dangerous was here in this land.

 

“What is in there?” she asked nodding towards the building.

 

The deity continued to smirk at her, seeing Amber like a stupid puppy sent to be fed to the lion. “Tell me why you’re here and I might just give you an answer to that question.”

 

 

Amber gulped down her fears she didn’t realize she was holding until now. “I’m looking for the dragon called, Park Bom.”

 

Henry looked at her skeptically. “A few months ago, I was asked by a similar question. A girl wearing a dragon earring came here also looking for her. I couldn’t give her an answer and she came in to the building to see for herself. When she came out, she wasn’t that scared- lost little girl like she was before.”

 

So, they weren’t the only one looking for any lead about the Demon Lord, GDragon?  What the hell was this?

 

“All I know is that Park Bom was a familiar; a pet servant of a powerful person. That’s all I can give to you.”

 

 

“Can I also go in and see if there’s an answer inside for me?”

 

Henry’s lips formed a thin line. “That little child never returned when she went in. She was completely someone else when she went out, it’s dangerous inside. Even a deity like me can’t help you once you go in. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

 

After saying that, he vanished into thin air.

 

 

“I have to do this.” She said to herself. Wendy’s family and Taeyeon’s pack has done so much for an illegitimate child like her. She can’t let her family down. She can’t let her pack down.

 

 

“Wake up baby.” Irene whispered to Wendy’s ears.

 

Wendy’s eyes fluttered open and was greeted by an Irene straddling her waist. “I have somewhere to go today. I’m meeting my sister.” She said leaning down to give her mate a chaste kiss. Wendy wanted more so she trapped her in her arms kissing her more torridly then giving light bites on her neck.

 

Wendy was going out of control. After all, they haven’t even consummated their bond rights.

 

She left a huge hickey on Irene’s neck before letting neck go, earning a moan from the latter which was silenced by yet another kiss.

 

“Do you want me to go with you?” she asked her.

 

Irene shook her head. “No need, baby. I can handle myself.” She said with a flushed face. It gave Wendy goose bumps. “Beside, your sister called today. She wants to see you for something.” Irene stared at her worriedly. “Is there something wrong again?”

 

“There’s nothing to be worried about babydoll.” She said sitting up, wrapping her arms around Irene’s waist who was still straddling her. She played with Irene’s strands of hair and then tucked them behind her ear. “There’s nothing to worry about.” She reassured her.

 

Irene knew she was just trying to assure her, “Then kiss my worries away instead of giving me verbal promises.” She pouted. A sudden display of aegyo attack from her mate- Oh gods be damned! Wendy laughed but kissed her mate. “You’re going to be the death of me…”

 

Author’s note: I’m updating cause mellifluouswan  said that I should update. Btch here you go. lol