Chapter 32: A Dream

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 32

Yoona was frantic, as soon as she left the facility where Tiffany was, she got a call from Tae Yeon at the bookmark Seohyun made for them.

“Yoona where the hell are you guys?! Do you have the necklace already?! We need it! ” Yoona flinched at the mention of her name, “We got separated, she has the necklace with her but I’m back now. What’s wrong?” she asks as she hears the panic laced in her voice.

 

“Nicole betrayed us! The settlement is being attacked by lizard men we can't spot where the dragon is!” Yoona finally understood how it was easy for them to locate each one of them, she finally understood why her sister had to die that way. Was it Tiffany, that did that to her sister? Just thinking about made her blood boil but the voice in the bookmark cut her off, “Can you go an warn Wendy?!” she heard, it sounded like Tae Yeon was running around for she was panting. "They’re at the east cove cabin. Yuri and Seulgi are on their way with their mates but they’re far off south, they might not make it in time.” And that was all the information Yoona had to know to save her mate for the inevitable prophecy she was talking about. “Copy.”

 

“Because in my life, whenever I go in a quest with you, - I die.” The words kept replaying in her head. “Like hell I’ll let the happen” she said under her breath and shifted. ‘I’m sorry Wendy but we both know you’ll do the same thing if it was you were in my position.’ She thought.

 

*

 

“This cabin is so nice!” Irene said with evident delight, “It even has a meadow full of pretty lilacs in front of it!” She said as she hugged Wendy on the side and went to smell the flowers by the porch.

 

“They were my mom’s favorite.” Wendy answered as she walks towards her to kneel beside her and admire the flowers with her. “I think I just found my favorite flowers now,” Irene chuckled as she rests her head at Wendy’s shoulder. “What’s yours?” she continued. “Irises.” Wendy mumbles as she nuzzles her nose at the top of Irene’s head. “Why?” Irene curiously asked. Wendy just smiled at her. “It’s a secret.” She chuckles at Irene who pouts at her. “Let’s head inside and unpack?”

 

They both went inside hand in hand as Wendy carries their supplies in the other hand, and then they arranged what the supplies they bought with them. It was enough to last at least three days kind of supplies. As Wendy was taking out the ingredients, she was going to use to cook for them that afternoon she caught Irene looking at the window by the kitchen facing the meadow and the little man-made falls, so she stopped doing what she was doing and crossed her arms leaning her back at the kitchen island.

 

Irene noticed the sudden silence beside her and looked at Wendy, “I want a house like this when we get married and have kids.” She smiled. Wendy was caught off guard- Irene was surprised with what she said herself, they were still in college and here she was talking about building a family with her. “We can live here.” Wendy smiles at her. Irene then grabs a woven basket by the kitchen island and turns away from Wendy to hide her blushing face. “I-I’ll pick some flowers!” she excuses herself. Wendy laughed at her poor attempt to escape embarrassment but still let her off. “Okay, just don’t go too far, okay? Just go where I see you from here. I’ll cook lunch while you pick flowers.” Wendy reminds her.

 

Irene giggled as she opens the door, “Don’t worry. I won’t go too far, and I’ll make a pretty bouquet for that lavish meal you’re preparing.” She joked at her and went on her way to the meadows.

 

*

 

 

Yoona arrived at the south coast- I guess pure adrenaline brought her there. She didn’t even feel tired of anything at the moment. She was still a few meters away from the cabin, wary that Wendy might get a caught a whiff of her smell.

 

She dips her hand inside her jackets left pocket and retrieves a vial.

 

“Drink that once you’re near them.” Tiffany said, tossing her a vial. ‘It’ll mask your morbid scent.” She said in disdain. “We wouldn’t want Wen tearing you apart limb for limb, right?” she mocked knowing full well that in terms of strength Wendy is above her.”

 

After looking at the vial Tiffany gave her, she then dips her hand on her right pocket, taking out a tin can container she got from the big house archives. She opens it and looks at the syringe inside it and a vaccine beside it. “I’m not that much of a bastard,” she mumbles as she chucks away the tin box again in her pocket. “For Seohyun.” She whispers then chugs the vial given by Tiffany.

 

 

The garden beside the cabin was full of all kinds of flowers besides lilacs. Irene started filling the basket with lilacs and baby’s breath flowers but what caught her eyes was a bud of white iris by the pond of the man-made falls which was abnormally large- as if it was about to bloomed but was somewhat stopped by some phenomenon.

It was impossible to ignore as it was the only iris in the vicinity and its size was immense- like it can house an infant inside. She touched it, something pricked her, she hissed as it hurt. The bud glowed as she retrieved her hand- she could see her blood seeping through the bud and the white iris changed its color into violet. She was about to touch it again and check it out when a voice called out her attention.

 

“Hey.” A shadow loom at her.

 

She turned her head towards the voice and saw a familiar face. “Yoona, right?” she asked and then she turned to the bud again and it wasn’t glowing anymore. So, she turned back to Yoona, “You’re Amber’s sister.” She smiled. Guilt with a hint of sadness flashed across Yoona’s face- but it was fleeting so Irene didn’t notice. “Yes” she answered curtly. Irene stood up as she extends her hand for a handshake, “I’m Irene.” She introduces herself. Yona shook it absentmindedly as her head wanders to Amber when she was mentioned.

 

“Does Wendy know you’re here?” Yoona snaps out of her daydream. “Wait, let me tell her.” Irene said smiling she said turning around but Yoona won’t let her hand go. Irene turns to her and saw Yoona’s conflicted stricken face. “I’m sorry Irene, no hard feelings.” She said and all that Irene could remember before blacking out was a wrenching pain in her gut.

 

Author's note: I'm back and will prolly update weekly now. Probably.