Chapter 3: Charmspeak?

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 3:

 

When the breakfast with the Kwon's and Jung's ended, Wendy and Irene went back to their room to prepeare for the day.

 

As Wendy bagan to rumage her wardrobe Irene sat comfortably at the bed. Wendy grabbed a plain whie shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. "Here. You can use the bathroom here while I use the bathroom downstairs." Wendy smiled handing them to Irene.

 

"Why can't you just join me?" Irene burted out without thinking while looking athe the set of clothes on her hands.

 

"EH?!"

 

Realizing what she just said- how it sounded like to Wendy, she laughed softly at her mate and decided to make the best out of this moment to . "Waeyo~? Shireo?"

 

"A-Ani...It's... I-It's just that..." Wendy stuttered to find the words but then she caught wiff of what Irene was thinking. "Yah~ Don't tease me like this!"

 

Irene giggled. "Arasseo~ come back to me as soon as you can, okay?" she said standing up from the bed and kissing Wendy, aiming for her lips but intentionally missing a milimeter. "I don't wanna miss you so much." she smiled cheekily before making her way to Wendy's bathroom.

 

Wendy just stood there. Shocked. Speechless how bold her mate can be. She groaned thinking she'll have to suffer this until the next full moon.

 

***

 

Yoona and Seohyun were now walking around the mall while waiting for Hara to pick them up. Honestly, Yoona can bring Seohyun there at this moment now, but she wanted to have Seohyun all to herself first.

 

Ever since they got back to the mortal realm, Seohyun haven't said a word to her. This itched Yoona. She wanted to hear her soft voice so bad.

 

"So, your name is Seohyun?" Yoona asked trying to make a conversation with the fairy girl.

 

"Yes. Weren't you listening awhile ago?" she irritatedly answered.

 

"I'm YoonA." she said ignoring the tinge of discuss from the fairy's voice, presenting her hand to her.

 

Seohyun stopped on her tracks and sighed. "I'm not here to flirt with you. I'm here on a mission. Where is our ride anyway?"

 

"Oh." Yoona put her hand down dejectedly. She tried to smile but it came off as fake as those china dolls displayed near them. "If you're really that in a hurry, we could ride my bike."

 

Yoona saw the girl pondering. As if there were litte Seohyun's running around the girl's mind- or at least that's what she imagined. She couldn't read the girls mind or even tap it for a conversation link. Seohyun was blocking her out. 'My~ My~ Isn't that such a blocker.' she laughed inside her head at the bad pun she thought.

 

On the other hand Seohyun is rejecting the idea of a bike ride with Yoona. 'If I ride the bike with Yoona, I'll have to hold on to her. Can't make that happen. I'll only fall deeper into our connection.' she bit her lips. Oblivious that it was making Yoona crazy. "Just call her again, will you?"

 

"O-of course." Yoona stuttered and fumbled. Seohyun looked away to hide her smile. She liked having this affect on her. She's liking it way too much than she planned.

 

***

 

Irene walked out of the bathroom drying her hair with the towel.

 

'I can get used to this sight, you know.' Wendy sent her through their link, making Irene look up to her.

 

Wendy was wearing a white plain shirt just like her and a pair of shorts and sneaker converse.

 

Irene huffed. "Why do I get to wear pants while you wear shorts?"

 

"I don't want boys, and maybe even girls, at school to size you up like a. That's why~" She explained.

 

Irene glared at her. "Well, I don't want boys and girls looking at what's rightfully mine either. So, change."

 

"Eh? They won't do that." Wendy countered trying to hide the fluttering feelings that's building up inside of her.

 

"You'll change because I said so. Change.." Irene said.

 

As if Irene was an Alpha wolf, Wendy made her way to her closet to get a pair of jeans. 'Do mates really have this kind of effect on their partners? Or is it's just her, cause she's special?' she thought, making a mental note to ask about this to Sandara later.

 

Just when she was on her way to change at the bathroom she was stopped by Irene's voice. "In front of me." She smirked while sitting with her legs crossed on Wendy's bed. Wendy turned to her with her face red as a beetroot.

 

Her fingers following Irene's order slowly making their way to her waist reaching for her short's waistband- without a doubt, as if there was something inside her saying that all her mate's order must be followed correctly. When Wendy was about to pull her shorts down, Irene laughed so hard that she has to stop to look up. She was surprised that Irene was already in front of her.

 

Irene held her chin up and looks at her eye-to-eye. As if they could see each other's soul. "I didn't know I had this power over you, baby." Wendy sighed at the touch. "I'll wait for you downstairs." Irene giggled. "Why are you making this so hard on me?" Wendy questioned. Irene with her oh-so-innocent-face just answered, "I have no idea what you're talking about." she smiled, putting her hands on her back- stepping away from the latter and making her way out of the room.

 

As soon as she went out of the room, Wendy made a rush to her bedside table to check the calendar. Skimming when will be the next full moon. 'At the end of the month?!' she exclaimed inside her head. "I have to hold out till the end of the month?!" She whispered loudly under her breath. "Well, that's better than next month. Gotta thank the Blue moon for this." She muttered as she made her way to the bathroom to change. "But seriously, how did Yuri unnie and Jessica unnie hold it 'till their next full moon?!" she sighed exasperatedly as she raised her hands above her head.

 

***

 

Irene went down to the living room to wait for Wendy. She saw Krystal talking to a blond. The two noticed her presence and looked at her.

 

"Hi, Irene. Where’s Wendy?" Krsytal asked.

 

"She's still getting dressed."

 

Krystal made a few little nods before turning to the girl next to her. "Oh, by the way. This is my mate, Kang Seulgi. She's from the Moonstone pack. They hold the south borders of the city."

 

"She's a..?" Irene asked dragging the sentence. Seulgi caught up fast and offered her hand for a shake. "Yes. I'm a werewolf too." Irene could feel there was something she intentionally left off. She could feel it from the way her hands grazed at hers. Irene bit her lips and made a slight nod. "So, I'm the only human here?"

 

Krystal looked at Seulgi worriedly.

 

"Yes. The first human to come here actually." Seulgi smiled, turning her eyes into crescent shapes. She wasn't lying. She was just omitting things.

 

As if on cue, Wendy saved the two from the 'about-to-get-awkward-talk' with a blinding smile plastered on her face. "So? Whose car are we using?"

 

***

 

Krystal was silently sleeping at the back of the car while Wendy drove the car with Irene by her side. Seulgi didn’t go to school as she was asked by Taeyeon to go along with the other wolves to track down the hybrids.

 

*A few moments ago*

 

"Taeyeon told me to get my mate so we could track the hybrids down." Seulgi said as the both of them walked side by side on their way to the cabin's garage. "She heard from Jessica that she's a great tracker. She felt bad about taking time away from us after our first night, so she wanted us to spend time while being productive."

 

"Wait- back up. First night?"

 

"Yeah. Last night was full moon. I marked her last night."

 

Wendy made a derp face and face palmed.

 

"You haven't marked her?!" Seulgi scolded.

 

"H-How can I?! She's human! It's different from you and Krystal! Krystal understands! Irene might think we're rushing things if I do that to her! I just met her last night!" she explained.

 

''Then what did you do all night with her?!"

 

"We talked."

 

"That's it?"

 

"Yeah. That's it. We talked and cuddled."

 

Seulgi was speechless.

 

"Yah! She's human okay~ A-and.. And things like that need time!" Wendy said in her defense.

 

Seulgi shoook her head. "I never pegged you to be the hopeless romantic type of girl." she said sighing again before continuing, "You're going to die." she muttered sarcastically, laughing.

 

"My unnie and her mate did marked each other on their second full moon too y'know!" she answered back, with self confidence.

 

"That's different okay~ they made it because-" Seulgi was cut off by the footsteps nearing them.  "Anyways. I'm going to go ahead and scout around the city." She grimaced. "Apparently, your sister and Taeyeon had different plans in mind about how they would handle the current situation."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She's asking Krystal to baby sit your mate while you're away for later."

 

Just then Irene and Krystal appeared from the corner. "What's taking you so long to take the car?" Irene asked.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Wendy gazed at the mirror to see if how Krystal was doing at the back. The plaid shirt she was wearing showed her collarbone which was adorned with a crescent shaped bite mark. She looked back to the road with her face red as the traffic light.

 

Irene who was looking outside sensed her mate's discomfort- no. Embarrassment. She reached for the girls hands which were resting on the steering wheel. "What's wrong?" she asked innocently.

 

"N-Nothing. Seriously! Nothing. I-I just remembered something very embarrassing from the past." she reasoned out. Irene didn't take this. "Seriously, baby? What's wrong?"

 

There was it again.

 

Irene was making her talk again.

 

As if she had something so big on her head, she was pressured to answer her. 'What's this feeling? Is this still about our mate bond?' she questioned herself inside her head. She avoided Irene's eye and sent her a message through their link. 'C-Can we talk about this later? P-privately?' she asked throwing a side glance at the back. Irene followed her eyes and realized that weren't alone. She smiled ever so sweetly to her. 'Of course.' she said holding Wendy's hand in hers.

 

The traffic light turned green, and so did their car moved on.

 

When they reached the school grounds of their school, Krystal hurriedly went out of the car saying that she'll give the two some private time alone before the bell rings, and that she'll wait up for Irene in front of the doors of the building.

 

"How long will you be away?" Irene asked as she looked down at her hands and played with her fingers.

 

"Give and take 3-5 painful hours, maybe?" Wendy answered busy reaching for something from the seat at the back. Curious, Irene looked back too. "What are you looking for?" Wendy hummed, "This." she answered shortly showing a University varsity jacket. "Jerks and repellant." she said as she handed her the jacket. "Wear it, okay?"

 

Irene smirked. "Of course."

 

Wendy leaned in and kissed her on the forehead and whispered, "Stick close to Krystal." Irene just made a slight nod and kissed her on her cheeks. "Pick me up, okay?"

 

They both smiled lovingly at each other and said goodbyes for now, with a promise to see each other real soon.

 

***

 

Finally, both packs with their important members gathered at the mess hall of the Lykos camp.

 

Seated at their usual seats with the philosopher, Seohyun and the Vampire Empress seating in front of each other at the middle as if acting as the ones who'll separate the packs.

 

"Welcome to the mortal realm, Seohyun-ssi." Dara greeted.

 

"It's nice seeing you again, unnie." she bowed. "I hope to be some of help, somehow." Seohyun said bowing to the rest of the werewolves. Which annoyed Yoona, I might add. She doesn't like seeing her mate acting inferior to anyone. For she was superior in her eyes.

 

"You'll be staying with Dara while you stay here; I hope that's fine with you." Yuri said.

 

"W-wait! Why is she going to stay with you guys?! I picked her up from Nereides, I should be responsible for her. Don't you think so, unnie?" She finished gazing at Taeyeon asking for some support from her Alpha.

 

"The human who was attacked by the demon hybrids is on their care. We're going to see first and make sure that the attack is just a coincidence and not planned. That's why we decided to have Seohyun stay at the Kwon's cabin." Taeyeon said clasping her hands together and resting her chin on them.

 

Seohyun shot Yoona a look, 'Don't make a scene.' she tapped on Yoona's mind. 'B-but!' she tried to reasoned out but Seohyun tapped again, 'Don't act like you want to be with me. It's sickening. I'm not yours..' she said through their link coldly. Yoona looked down dejectedly.

 

Out of all this, the know it all royal vampire can see through them. "Another unusual pairing, eh?" she whispered to herself.

 

Hara stood up and activated the map of the city again. She pointed the place where Irene was attacked. "This is where Irene was attacked." A red pin appeared floating on air marking it. She pointed series of places again from the map. "These were the places where the trackers and trainees were asked to patrol." Blue pins floated at the places she pointed at. Hara snapped her fingers and a miniature shrine appeared floating close to where Irene was attacked. "And of course, this is where the monthly festival was being held."

 

Jessica frowned, "The hybrids who attacked Wendy's mate had some nerves, to be honest."

 

"I agree." Sunny said as she scanned the map. "Attacking a human while the full moon was out? As if they were mocking us. Surely, these hybrids are aware that werewolves have festivals every full moon to find their mates." she pouted thinking hard.

 

"Above that, we had so many comrades patrolling around the city." Jessica reason out.

 

"There something that has been bugging me since last night..." Dara butted in. She made a snap with her fingers then pointed at the map. Yellow lights appeared throughout the map. "I've made this city a demon hybrid proof city. I placed spells all around it. Every entrance and exits of this city is heavily guarded with spells. I checked everything last night too. But there was no sign of intruders. As in... Nothing." she said shrugging her head in a kidlike way.

 

Seohyun place her hand above the map. Whispered an incoherent spell under her breath. A faint glow was seen. After that she frowned.

 

"What is it? Did you see anything?" Wendy asked.

 

Seohyun looked up at Sandara. "Not see. But I sense a very old magic being used inside the city."

 

Gears clicked inside Dara's head. "Maybe that's why my spells didn't react. Maybe that's why I couldn't sense them..." she trailed off. "I've invested so much time trying to improve old magic and make them new to fit and be effective in with the new world-" she shiver went down on her spine. "Oh no... NO... this can't be...." she said shaking her head hugging herself.

 

“What's wrong?" Yuri asked worriedly at her friend making her stand from her seat. Sandara's unusual behavior put everyone in an uncomfortable silence.

 

Dara and Seohyun made an eye contact with each other. Seohyun realized why Dara was acting this way. "If the demon hybrids that attacked the human were using old magic..."

 

"That means they're as old as me. That means... That means they're royal bloods. Survivors of the coup de' etat." Dara finished.