Chapter 2

Hybrid's Mate

Chapter 2

 

The doors of the room opened. A red haired girl walked in. Irene felt a warm feeling inside her. And with that alone, she already had an idea who this girl who walked in was, "Seunghwan..." she whispered. "My mate." she smiled.

 

Wendy walked in, strauting like a word class model and made her way to Irene. She offered her hand to the latter and Irene took it gladly as if they have a deep understanding between the both of them beforehand. 'So, this is what having a mate feels like.' she thought smiling at their intertwined hands. 'This and many more.' Wendy replied through their link. 'Can you stop doing that. That's invasion of privacy!' Irene thought pouting like a kid. 'Get used to it, love.' Irene blushed at that. Their little conversation in their head was cut off by Dara.

 

"Yo, didn't you see the sign on my door?" She said pointing at the door. "Dara's lab. NO WENDY AND YURI ALLOWED! PS: Unless you have food for me or we're under attack.'" she said quoting her own door sign but not forgetting to stress over the fact that she doesn't like having Wendy or Yuri in the room.

 

"We are under attack you forgetful, vamp." Wendy said as she drew what looked like to Irene is a crescent shape inside her palm. "My mate here..." Both of them looked at each other feeling the warmth emitting from one another. "Was attacked by an E-class vampire. You're unrestricted spell all over Michino city didn't go off, we're going to have a council meeting tomorrow regarding this after Yoona brings back the philosopher from Nereides."

 

Dara's face darkened for a split second but Irene didn't miss it. "That's weird, I'm pretty sure I made this city hybrid proof." she said. Dara then sighed, "Oh well, I guess we'll see about it tomorrow then." She sounded nonchalant but her face was much of a giveaway. She was thoughtful. "We'll go ahead now. I take it that Irene hasn’t called her parents yet." she said looking lovingly at Irene as her name rolled effortlessly on her tounge. Dara didn't pay attention to them anymore. She just flew to her series of shelves gathering books. Wendy and Irene left the room to let her be. But just as they were right out of the door, Dara yelled after them. "Irene-ssi~ Come over later tomorrow okay? I think you should learn more about our world, since you're part of it now." She smiled genuinely. Both Wendy and Irene smiled at Dara and went on their way out of the basement.

 

***

 

"No, Auntie. I'm fine. I told you, didn't I? I'm here staying at the Kwon's Cabin." Irene said on the line.

 

Wendy just stared at her mate who was conversing with another woman on the phone while she was sitting on her bed. With her super hearing abilities she could hear what the other person was saying on the other line.

 

"Kwon? You mean 'The Kwon's'?!" Wendy smirked at that. Their family name was famous in this city as one of the richest family. "Yes. I told you~ Wendy was kind enough to let me stay here for the night since it's dangerous outside this time now." Irene wasn't lying though. She just know that there's no way in heaven or hell Wendy's going to let her out of her sight after that attack that happened tonight. "How about school tomorrow?" her aunt asked. "Wendy's going to take me with her to school tomorrow, I found out that we're going to be in the same class." Irene said looking over at Wendy throwing her a loving smile to which Wendy couldn't help but smile back. "And oh! Don't worry about the clothes. She has that covered too." Although her aunt was reluctant to let her stay, she convinced her it's okay and that she'll be safe.

 

Irene dropped the call and walked towards Wendy and gave the latter’s phone back. Wendy held her hand and pulled her with her to lie in bed. Irene and Wendy smiled facing each other with their foreheads touching and their hands holding each other like their life depended on it.

 

Both blushed reading the thoughts of one another.

 

'I'm so glad I met you.'

 

***

 

Yoona took her time walking to the portal to Nereides. Out of all the members of the pack, why did it have to be her? That's the thought that has been bothering her ever since Taeyeon gave her this task.

 

Nereides was the land of fairies. Believe it or not, it is concealed by a spell to look like a shopping mall in the city. There's a particular store in the mall called 'Beats of Angels'. If you say the password to their cashier, they'll lead you to a special dressing room and you'll be magically transferred to the world of feys. Thus, Nereides.

 

Yoona never really like going to Nereides. It has been foretold by the old Philosopher when Yoona was just 15 years of age, that she'll meet her mate at the land of fairies. Yoona, as you might have guessed is your typical playgirl. She sleeps with girls and change girlfriends every week. Yoona saw the having a 'mate thing' as a weakness. She believes that she's better off being a lone wolf than having a mate. A mate would only hinder her. A baggage she'll have to protect.

 

Yoona made her way inside the mall and went straight for 'Beats of Angels'. When she got in, a girl with a short hair wearing a baseball jersey and shorts holding a box of what seemed to be stocks of t-shirts, greeted her. "Oh. Yoong-hyung! Why are you here?" Amber asked.

 

(Amber was a member of Yuri's pack. She's half fey and half wolf. She's been training for 2 months now under Wolfsbane pack's Beta, Wendy.)

 

"Ambrosia." Yoona said sternly. It was what fairies eat. A magical flower that only grows at the meadows of Nereides. This was the password.

 

Amber dropped the boxes and handed Yoona a shirt. "Changing room at the farthest end. Left." With that Amber went back to her work.

 

Yoona stared at the shirt for a while before looking around. There were a lot of customers as usual. She followed what Amber said and walked towards the direction that was instructed to her. Once she got in the changing room she fished the special bookmark Dara made to go through worlds. She put the bookmark at the mirror and whispered, "Nereides." The mirror began to glow and became jellylike. Yoona stepped in to the mirror and was temporary blinded by glowing rays of sun of the other world.

 

As her sight turns to normal, 2 girls stood before her. Yoona recognized them. They were both fairy-wolf hybrids too from Yuri's pack. Victoria and Luna. The 'Fast Rising Mates' as they were called. They're well known "Intel Collectors" of Yuri's pack. They were sent here to hone their talents more. But they still train combat on the human world. Yoona chewed her cheeks inside . 'Yuri's pack brothers hang around here all the time, now why the hell do I have to pick up the philosopher when the other pack can perfectly execute that?' she whine inside her head.

 

"The queen has been waiting." Victoria said. Luna and her mate Victoria guided Yoona to the castle's throne room where BoA was busy staring at the pond at the center of the throne room.

 

"Moonstone's pack beta, Im Yoona, has arrived my lady."

 

BoA, the queen of Nereides was indeed living up to her title. A never before seen beauty for Yoona. Her beautiful wings were displayed at her back. Its color was as if the black void full of stars. It was the universe. Yoona offered a curtsy. "I was sent here by Kim Taeyeon of Moonstone pack."

 

"Ah. Yes. I believe you're here for the philosophers help." BoA started as she walked around the pond. "I sense grave danger coming to the realms of supernaturals. But I am so sorry to inform you that our philosopher just passed away a week ago."

 

Yoona's head shot up and looked at her as if she had gone mad.

 

"The new philosopher in care hasn't even started with her foresight training yet when her master died. I don't think the fairies will be any help with this war on the making, my young wolf." BoA finished. "Nonetheless, she'll be helpful perhaps with spells and incantations to protect you and the whole Lycan village in the mean time while we contact Nereides' US village. Come. I'll take you to her." The queen turned her head and began to walk.

 

They walked to a corridor with walls made of diamonds. At the end of the corridor there was a big gate-like door made of stained glass.

 

The queen whispered an incantation, "Aperio." the stained glass collapse into jelly like water substance, and revealed a fairy inside the room. A girl was at what seemed like an altar at the top of a glass staircase. The girl, kneeling with her hands clasped together as if praying was back facing them with her wings spread, catching the light of the sun on it. If BoA's wings screamed universe, this girl's wings spelled Milky Way.

 

A strange sensation bubbled at the pit of Yoona's stomach. 'Oh no. No. This can't be. She can't be.' She chanted in her mind. Someone tapped into her mind link. 'It's not like I like this either.' A jolt of pain shot to Yoona's heart, but she smirked it off. That's what she wanted anyway. Nothing to do with a mate.

 

The girl stood up and carefully turned her body to face the two with her head bowed down. When she was finally facing the queen's presence she looked up and offered a curtsy. She pinned her eyes on the queen, refusing to look at the other entity at the room.

 

Yoona's heart almost leapt out of her ribcage when she saw the beauty the philosopher holds. It was painstakingly breath taking.

 

'So, you're my mate?' Yoona asked her, trying to reach out to her. But the other girl just stayed still and kept her eyes on BoA, still not minding Yoona as if she wasn't existing at the moment.

 

"Seohyun. Moonstone's pack Beta, Yoona is here to take you to the human realm at Lycan Village." BoA announced.

 

Seohyun spared her a glance which didn't linger, but still made Yoona feel like she have to get more of her attention and affection. Her views and opinions about mate were now down in the drain. She now understood why Taeyeon, Yuri, Wendy, and Seulgi seemed so whipped with their mates. "I'm ready to leave now, my Queen." Seohyun said with her soft voice as she went down of the staircase.

 

****

 

"Good Morning." A whisper said to Irene. Irene's eyes fluttered open only to see Wendy hovering on top of her. She blushed at the closeness of their faces. "G-Good morning." she stuttered. Wendy smiled oh-so-brightly at her. "I think you should get up now. Breakfast is ready." Wendy then hopped off the bed and extended her hand to Irene to which the latter reached out for.

 

When they arrived at the Kwon's cabin's dining hall, three persons were already sitting and starting their own meals.

 

The one sitting at the middle smiled genuinely at Irene. "Good morning, Irene-ssi. Join us, will you?" The tanned lady told her. The other girl on her right stood up and poured tea at her cup. "I'm Kwon Yuri. Your mate's sister. And this, here.." She said wrapping her arms around the girl's waist who was pouring her tea, "This is Jung Jessica, my mate." She said looking up at the girl smiling. "Good morning, Irene-ssi." Jessica greeted her. The blond girl sitting two seats away from Yuri's right spoke up. "Hi, I'm Krystal. I just moved here. I'm Jessica's younger sister." She smiled to her patting the seat beside her. "Come sit beside me..." she beamed before a smirk slowly made her way on her face, "Or do you prefer sitting beside your Wendy?" she playfully teased.

 

Irene's face flushed red. Wendy back hugged her and playfully glared at the three other people on the room. "Stop teasing my babydoll, okay?"

 

'They're joking around to make you feel comfortable.' Wendy told her in their mind link.

 

Just then Yuri fakes a gagging sound, "AHCK! Too cheesy! Now, I know how you felt when Jessica and I were together, waiting for the next full moon after meeting each other." Krystal and Yuri laughed, while Jessica blushed

 

It was now Wendy's turn to blush.

 

'What's with the full moon, Wan-ah?' Irene asked within their link.

 

"Why don't we eat first? We have a school to attend to." Wendy blurted out trying to change the topic. Irene made a mental note about asking about that later.

 

Wendy sat beside Yuri's left side, but of course- not before she made sure Irene was seated beside hers, with pancakes and tea prepared in front of her.

 

"I hate to break this to you, Wendy. But we still have things to discuss at the Mess Hall about last night." Jessica said as she sat beside Yuri too.

 

"Yoona's bringing the philosopher this afternoon. She actually may be on her way back now as we speak." Yuri added sipping her tea.

 

Wendy faced Irene with a sorry look.

 

'It's fine. I'll go to school alone.' Irene assured her smiling.

 

"But of course, I'm not that cruel to take you away from you mate for almost 6 painful hours. You can send Krystal and Irene to school." Yuri nudged. 'We can't risk another attack in broad daylight.' Her sister tapped her mind.

 

"I'll look after your mate, in class." Krystal said munching her pancakes.

 

"Look after? My mate?" Wendy asked to which Krystal nod while putting another mouthful of pancake in . "Are you sure you don't mean you'll just look after YOUR mate." Wendy emphasized teasing her sister in law.

 

Irene looked back and forth as the two began to exchange bickering comments. She smiled. 'So, this is how your life is? It's just like any normal human life too.' she thought.

 

'Minus the killing the bad guys.' said Wendy.

 

Both looked at each other and smiled.