Dara mama

In love there are no impossibilities~

The sun rose behind those white fluffy clouds as a cool breeze blew into the room through those windows. It was once again another morning and the weather outside is just so fine but not my feeling. In fact i was dreading for morning to come for it means another day of having to be highly cautious to not make a mistake. I drag my body out of bed, washing myself up before heading to the maid quarters for my breakfast.

As usual upon entering the cafeteria, I was once again the point of everyone’s attention. Being the only gungnyeo who is in westernised clothing and a personal gungnyeo to the Prince, people were always gossiping behind my backs, saying that I went to bed with the king so as to get this position. Come on people if I went to bed with the king I would already have been crowned Royal Concubine wouldn’t I? What for am I still stuck here as a maid who gets hit when I did something wrong?

“Morning Lee Gungnyeo~” The kitchen team greeted me. This was the first time all of them weren’t on breakfast duty and it was nice to finally have meals with them together at the table.

“Morning everyone.”

“How was the meal yesterday?” Chef Gong asked.

“It was awesome! I’ve never had such a nice meal. Especially after all that work I had yesterday.”

“Well of cause. Jiyong mama actually came to make us cook something good for you so it has to be the best.” Chef Park said and immediately Chef Kim covered his mouth.

“Yah the other gungnyeos would hear this! Haven’t you heard enough of those gossips about Lee gungnyeo?” Chef Kim reprimanded.

“I’m fine. It’s not like it’s the first time. I’m getting used to it already.”

“Lee gungnyeo are you really fine? I mean you’re going to have to face the mamas a lot today. Especially after what he did to you yesterday, are you really alright with him?” Yoon Ji unnie ask.

“What happened?” Chef Kim asks.

“Ah it’s nothing. Song gungnyeo don’t worry about me. I would be at my best today.” I said giving her a smile.

“Lee gungnyeo you are aware that lunch is served by us kitchen right?”

“Neh Chef Park.”

“I want you to be really careful this time round cause Dara mama is allergic to seafood, Seunghyun mama is allergic to nuts, Youngbae mama and Daesung mama is on a protein diet. When serving them their lunch you have to make sure that they are served with what they are supposed to eat alright?”

“I will take note of that Chef Park.”

“Oh and Jiyong mama, let’s just say he has something against vegetables and fruits so make sure that it never appears in his plate unless you want to be heavily dealt with.”

“Neh~”

“Don’t rake your brains to remember this. We will state which meal is for which mama later on but before serving I just want you to make sure that it is correct alright?”

“Neh~” I said before we continued our breakfast.

Exactly at 10am, I reported at Seunghyun mama’s quarters to see him getting ready as well.

“Here change into this and come back in 5 minutes time.”

“Neh mama~” I said as I got the clothes from him.

This time he handed me a two piece blue and white dress. To be specific, it was actually a white dress with lace above the navel level and white silk that ran all the way down my legs that it touches the floor. The blue outer coat covered all the way till knee level at the back while it slopes up to cover my stomach at the front. A white fabric act as a belt around my waist as I secure it with a ribbon at the back. Thankfully there is a coat on the outside but still the tube dress below made me uncomfortable.

  

“Seunghyun mama~” I said upon arriving back at the quarters after changing.

“At least it’s pleasant to the eye.” He said briefly looking up then back down to his newspaper.

“Mama is there anything I can do?”

“Just stop pulling the dress. You’re going to destroy it.”

“Oh…neh mama~” I said. So he did notice my actions.

“Anyway the boys are coming in a few. Is the lunch ready?”

“The kitchen is preparing it now mama~”

“Good. Now we’re going horse polo later so you better get my outfit ready.”

“Neh mama~” I said before heading to get his horse polo outfit and boots ready. Like he said, soon enough everyone has gathered at his quarters and they were talking about everything that they could think of.

“Chae!!!” I heard Seunghyun mama called out as I immediately got out.

“Neh mama~”

“Woah who do we have here? Hyung your new fling?” Fling? What the hell is fling?

“Youngbae are you seeking death?!!” Bom mama said as she slap the back of the man’s head. So that is Youngbae mama?

“She’s the new maid that I’ve been talking about.” Seunghyun mama said.

“Ooo so you must be Chaerin!” A petite girl ran towards me as she makes me turn around as she judge me up and down.

“Neh mama Lee Chaerin imnida~” I said greeting everyone.

“Yah unnie I don’t see why you hate her so much. She’s so pretty!!! And sweet!!! Her voice is like music and oh my did you see her eyes?”

“See hyung? Even Dara loves Chaerin.” Jiyong mama said.

“You can’t blame me for your weird taste.” Seunghyun mama plainly said.

“Annyeonhasaeyo Dara imnida! I’m 20 this year and you?” She asked me.

“Mama I’m 19 this year.”

“Such a cute dongsaeng!!!” She said as she pinched my cheeks.

“Dara ah you’re scaring her. Please pardon Dara here. She’s enthusiastic just like Jiyong over there. I’m Youngbae.”

“Youngbae mama. It’s my honour to be serving you mama.”

“You’re too kind. Over there is Daesung.”

“Daesung mama~” I greeted while he gave me a wide smile.

“Annyeong! Jiyong hyung was right. You really look like a little kitty.” Daesung mama said.

“Yah Dae ah!!!” Jiyong mama said as he launches himself at Daesung mama. “Rinnie ignore him. He is always making fun of me.” Jiyong mama said.

“Rinnie? Yah Kwon Ji Yong are you betraying me?!!” Dara mama said as she swings his hands from left to right.

“Aigoo Dara you know I have my eyes on you only.” Jiyong mama said. So he’s with Dara mama? Why did my heart just skip a beat? What is this that I’m feeling?

“Yeah right. That’s what you always say~” Dara mama said before Jiyong mama pinch her cheeks.

“Tabi I’m hungry!!!” Bom mama said to Seunghyun mama.

“Chae go check if the kitchen is ready.”

“Yes mama~” I said before I left for the kitchen and thankfully the food were already ready. With the help of the kitchen team, lunch was set at the dining table with Seunghyun mama ad Jiyong mama at each side of the table.

                     Daesung     Dara

Seunghyun                                  Jiyong

                     Bom     Youngbae

During lunch I was asked to stay near in case I was needed to assist them. Lunch took them almost 2 hours to finish including dessert. Reminiscing about studying over broad, all I did was to stand there and listen to their life. Time to time I felt them looking in my direction, especially Jiyong mama.  This is weird isn’t it? I mean why is he staring at me when Dara mama is at the other side of him? Besides Dara mama did notice that Jiyong mama has been staring at me through the meal and when she met eyes with me, all she did was to give me a smile.

After lunch, the mamas all got ready for a game of polo while the ladies were at the living room waiting for the boys. I cleared the plates as fast as I could and cleaned the place just in time for when I was done, the mamas were already ready.

“Chea take this.” Seunghyun mama said as I carried all of his gears that he handed to me.

We head to gazebo whereby the Princesses took their seats while the Princes head to the barn where the horses were. Daesung mama and Youngbae mama have already got their horse bought to the barn early in the morning by their men.

“Tabi play safe alright? You guys better not hurt my Tabi!!!” Bom mama said.

“Noona your Tabi is the one who is most likely to hurt us.” Youngbae mama said.

“Yeah unnie. You should tell your Tabi not to hurt my Jiyong~” Dara mama said as she wraps her arm around Jiyong mama’s hand, making him turn and give her a pinch on the nose.

“Don’t worry I’ll be playing fair today.” Seunghyun mama said.

“Yarhh right hyung, you are saying this every time but never once did you do so. Just admit you can’t afford to lose.” Daesung mama said.

“Aish whatever. So how are we going to team up?” Seunghyun mama asks.

“I’m with bae!” Jiyong mama said and naturally their teams formed up as they head for the field with their horse.

“Hwaiting!!!” The girls cheered as soon as the boys started their games.

“Yah whatever is your name, can you put the day curtain down? There’s so many insects trying to enter!!!” Bom mama shrieks.

“Aish unnie don’t be so bad. Her name is Chaerin. Chaerin darling could you help us with the day curtain?”

“Neh mama~” I said as I did as I was told.

“Yah why are you so good to her? You’re just like Jiyong.”

“And unnie why are you so bad to her like TOP oppa? Why do you hate her so much?” Dara mama asks.

“Do you need a reason to hate?”

“Well apparently there must be a reason for you to hate.” Dara mama said.

“And it just so happen I don’t have one.” Bom mama said.

“Chaerin ah ignore her. She’s being unreasonable.” Dara mama said to me.

“I’m fine mama~” I said with a smile.

“Hypocrite.” She said before sipping into her cup of tea.

“Chaerin are you going to stand there the whole day? Come take a sit here.” Dara mama said as she pulled a chair out for me.

“Yah Dara ah what are you doing? She’s a maid. She isn’t supposed to sit with us.” Bom mama said.

“Dara mama Bom mama is right. I’m a maid. I shouldn’t be sitting with you.” I said.

“The game would take a long time and if you keep standing your legs are going to break.” Dara mama said. Yeah right more like my leg would break if Seunghyun mama saw me sitting with the Princesses.

“Thank you for the offer mama but I’m fine standing.”

“Alright then.” Dara mama said before we focus on the game.

Through the game, I couldn’t help but let my eyes land on Jiyong mama. His golden hair flying in the wind. His posture on the horse emphasis his well build body as well as his thin long legs. His expression tells me that he hates losing and he wants to win this. In addition, he seems to communicate very well with Youngbae mama. I was told that Jiyong mama is actually closer to Youngbae mama then Seunghyun mama that many might misunderstood that Jiyong mama and Youngbae mama are actually blooded brothers.

“Lee gungnyeo!!! Yah!!!” I heard someone shouted making me jerk out of my thoughts as I turn quickly.

“Yes mama?”

“Yah what the hell was in your mind?!! Are you perhaps ogling at the mamas? How dare you!” Bom mama said and this time I was anticipating another slap as I close my eyes upon seeing her hand raise up high, I waited for the impact but it didn’t came.

“Unnie what the hell are you doing?!!” Dara mama said and before Bom mama could say anything, we heard the boys shouting outside.

“Jiyong ah!!!”

“Jiyong oppa!!!” Dara mama shouted before running towards the boys with Bom mama.