Unnie

In love there are no impossibilities~

Firstly if you are one of my subscribers back at Challenges in Love,

I would like to apologise to you...

I'm stuck and I don't know how to continue that story...

I manage to squeeze my brain to write a complete chapter but I got stuck again at 200+ words...

It's really terrible so please pardon me if I upload this first alright?

I know I said I would pioritize Challenges in Love...

I will try my best to update that as soon as possible...

Anyway I decided to use Yoon Ji in this story too cause the Bom is TOP's girlfriend as you all know while Dara and Minzy have their own role so I decided to pull Yoon Ji in this story...

FYI YoonJi is a character I created for my other story ^^

Put that aside, I hope you like this chapter!!! :D


“That’s all for today Lee Gungnyeo (palace maid). Go have your dinner and turn in early. Tomorrow you would be serving Prince Seunghyun and there is no space for mistakes, therefore you have to be at your top notch condition is that clear?”

“Neh Jejo sanggung~ (senior palace maid, normally the highest rank serving the king and queen)” I said bowing to her before I left the training lab.

Ever since waking up in the morning, I spend the whole day with Jejo sanggung at the training lab. Since I was going to be the personal maid to one of the Prince, in addition to the fact that I am starting work immediately with only one day of training unlike the other trainee gungnyeo who have entered the palace since young who were trained for at least a period of 5 years before they can start off as a gungnyeo in the palace.

Unlike other gungnyeo who would be send to different sections, as a personal maid I would have to do everything myself. From managing the properties in the prince’s quarter, I would have to prepare meals upon the prince’s request. Not only that, whenever there are national ceremony or feast held in house, I would have to be by the Prince’s side and only upon request would I have to assist the prince outside of the palace.

Of cause I couldn’t learn everything in one day although I have to say that I can pick up things really fast. Therefore today we covered majority of the rules and jobs that I would need to do on a daily basis. As time goes, I would still have to report to Jejo sanggung to access my skills as well as imparting me with all the knowledge that the others learn in 5 years. Besides, it’s not like the Prince would be in the palace 24/7 hence whenever I’m done with the chores and the Prince is still not back, I could pop by the servant quarters.

I head to the dining area for servants and getting my tray, I approached the maids on kitchen duty today for my dinner. We were given rice, a bowl of seaweed soup, kimchi and lastly some meat. I was looking for a place to have my meals when I notice that everyone in the room was looking at me as they whispered to one another. I know what was roughly in their mind and what I heard when I settle at an empty table and bench confirmed everything.

“Yah have you heard? She came to the palace only yesterday and she’s going to serve the Prince tomorrow.”

“Omo is that true?”

“Yeah! Everyone is talking about her.”

“How come she can serve the Prince?!!”

“Well I heard that the King was the one who recruited her into the palace. Seems like her grandfather has some connection with Royal Highness Kwon. They were friends when they were young and that is why the King is obliged to take her in.”

“So I see she has a strong back up.”

“And to think that she is serving Prince Seunghyun. Pfff who do she think she is?”

“Prince Seunghyun?!! Yah I’m speechless.”

“Annyeonghasaeyo may I sit here?” I heard someone say as I look up to see a sweet girl standing in front of me.

“Oh please do.” I said as she gave me a smile and took the sit in front of me.

“I’m Song Yoon Ji. You must be the new palace maid Lee Chaerin?”

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Neh Lee Chaerin imnida~ So I guess everyone knows me now?” I ask trying not to sound hurt by their words.

“Please ignore them. They are just jealous of you.”

“Jealous?”

“Well majority of us here train for years and can only hide in the kitchen preparing meals for the royal family unlike you who get to serve our Prince with just a day of training. Besides the news of you being introduced to the Prince by the King has spread like fire in the palace.”

“Aren’t you jealous of me as well? I mean I wouldn’t blame you for thinking this way too.”

“Well of cause I feel sour but I believe that the King has his reasons for you to serve the Prince.”

“To be honest, I would rather be in the kitchen.”

“Why? Everyone here yearns to serve the prince and well some even hope that the prince would notice them and you know…fall in love with them? I’m one of them so I have to be honest as well.”

“Prince Seunghyun hates me.”

“What happen?”

“I don’t know. Yesterday when I meet him, he’s so cold and I knew I was nothing in his eyes. When the King appoints me to take care of him, he rejected the idea too.”

“Don’t think too much. Other than Princess Bom who can make him smile, he would look cold in front of everyone. Even to his brother Prince Jiyong and King YG.”

“Really?”

“Neh. Unlike Prince Jiyong who is friendly, Prince Seunghyun needs time to open up. Anyway you are a good child, he wouldn’t be hard on you.”

“You’re my unnie?”

“How old are you?”

“19 turning 20?”

“Then I’m your unnie you punk. I’m already 22.”

“Really? You can be my unnie?”

“You’re really cute. Neh. If anything happens don’t hesitate to come and find me. We’ll have meals from today onwards?”

“Neh unnie.”

“Alright eat up. Unnie have to return to her positions later on.”

“Oh yes unnie I’ve yet to ask which department are you?” I ask as I bite onto a piece of kimchi.

“Kitchen. Come let me tell you a secret.” YoonJi unnie said as she signals me to close the distance between the both of us.

“What is it unnie?”

“You know…the chefs in the kitchen are perfectionist especially when it comes to snacks so they normally prepare a lot and only present the best to the king. As for the rest…I’ll leave it as that. IF you have the time, pop by the kitchen and I would take care of you alright?” YoonJi unnie said with a smile.

“Would that be alright? I mean are we even allowed to?”

“Well it’s alright. After all this are supposed to be in the bin if not eaten so why waste? And another secret, the chefs dote on me a lot so they normally give me a lot of privileges. Don’t you dare tell anyone or every one of us would be in trouble and there wouldn’t be such good benefits.”

“Neh unnie. I will keep it a secret.” I said as we both laugh before we got back to our dinner.

Throughout the dinner, people were gossiping about me and it seems like YoonJi unnie was dragged into the picture too. What they said was getting way out of hand but there was nothing I could do. It was my official first day here as a servant and I couldn’t cause trouble now. YoonJi unnie was aware that I was affected by their words and she comforted me by holding to my hand, squeezing it from time to time to make me turn my attention to her instead of those who are gossiping.

“Chaerin ah I will see you around soon?”

“Neh unnie.” I said as I bid her goodbye before retreating to my quarters.

It was already 9pm when we’re finally done with dinner. Since the Royal family usually have their meals earliest at 6.30pm and finish latest by 8pm, we couldn’t have dinner at the usual time and it’s either we have it before 6.30pm or after 8pm. However normally it would be after since before the kitchen would have to prepare the meals for the Royal family.

“Ouch…mianhamnida~” I said bowing to the person that I just bump into. I could only see his feet and I notice that in front of me was a guy and he had quite a big feet.

“It’s you?!!” a low voice greeted me as I look up, shocked to see Prince Seunghyun.

“I’m really sorry mama (also known as Royal Prince).” I addressed since this was what Jejo sanggung told me to address him by. After all he is the first in line for the thrown so he would be address as Royal Prince while Prince Jiyong would be address as Prince since he is second in line but also mama in a way or another.

“Just my luck. I heard you are coming over tomorrow? You better not bring me any trouble or I swear your life would be miserable in the future.” He said brushing the invisible dust on his shoulders before walking passes me, purposely bumping my shoulders with his.

“Have a good trip mama~” I said bowing to him despite him not being able to see me. I have no idea where he would be going but this was also part of the goodbye speech that I would have to say when the Prince leaves.

Like what Prince Seunghyun said, just my luck. I knew that my life wasn’t going to be easy in here as soon as King YG announced that I would be assigned to Prince Seunghyun’s quarters. And YoonJi unnie must be saying all that just to make me feel better. It was as if Prince Seunghyun couldn’t wait to kill me.  I signed as I made my way back to my room. All I want now is a nice shower and a nice sleep so that I have all the energy for tomorrow.

I drag myself into the washroom as I had a warm bath. Immediately I felt all the stress that was building in me all let out. I can’t help but feel that I’m really fortunate. In the village we sometimes have to bath in cold water even when it was winter but here I am able to soak myself in warm water. After my bath, I changed into the nightgown that was given to me as part of my maid uniform. Yes even maids have to wear a specially designed nightgown for maids in the palace.

The gown was a two piece gown, one of it is the gown while the other is a robe that we have to put on in case we have to leave our quarters that reached to my ankles. Lace outlines the robe and inside it was a short sleeve gown with lace at the collar areas.  On top of that there was also a satin ribbon around the waist of the robe for us to tighten it against our stomach.

  

I don’t know if it was due to all the assumptions that people have for me or was it because of what Prince Seunghyun told me earlier, I couldn’t fall asleep and it was pissing me off. I had to wake up really early tomorrow and yet here I am failing to fall asleep. Maybe it was my first time on a bed that is why I can’t get used to it. I tried lying on the floor but it didn’t work too. Looking out of the window, I can’t help but think about Haraboji. Is he sleeping now? Did he miss me?

The weather outside seems to be cooling hence I decided to take a walk to clear my mind off all the troubles I have. Putting on the robe, I made my way out hoping to see YoonJi unnie still in the kitchen but was welcomed by an empty kitchen. Who was I kidding? I mean it’s already 10pm so they must be all resting. Thankfully the trip to the kitchen calm me down a little so I decided to head back into the room and try to rest for the night.

“Chaerin gungnyeo~” Someone called out and I look up to see Prince Jiyong leaning against the wall beside my door with his arms cross in front of his chest while he rested on leg against the wall.

“Good Evening mama~”

“Hey are you free now? Would you like to join me?” He asks and before I could respond to him, he pulled my wrist and lead me towards the palace garden.