SKYDRAGON Kingdom

In love there are no impossibilities~

WELCOME TO THE FIRST CHAPTER!!!

Kekeke :D

Since I've updated "Challenges in Love" earlier on today, I've decided to finish the other half of this chapter and upload it ^^

Like I said please don't keep your hopes too high...

This is my first time writing on SKYDRAGON and also first ancient story...

I'm no literature person so I really don't know how they address one another.

And also it's really hard to find pictures of Korea Palace interior so I'm changing it to westernized...

I hope you all don't mind...

After all it's SKYDRAGON Kingdom :D

Don't set your hopes too high and please give me your comments on how to improve or if the chapter is good, please tell me I'm on the right track ^^


“Chaerin ah~”

“Neh Haraboji?” I ask as I look at the aged man in front of me.

Annyeonghasaeyo I’m Lee Chaerin, a 19 years old young lady that is turning 20 years old in a few months’ time. For the past 19 years of my life I have been staying with my Haraboji in this small and rural village that was part of the Kwon Kingdom. Being far away from the mainland where the Kwon Kingdom is located, our village is a really small one with less than 10 families but that is also the reason as to why it felt like we were a big family.

“Chaerin ah you know that Haraboji loves you and whatever my decision is I mean you good right?”

“Haraboji what’s wrong? You’re scaring me.”

“Chaerin ah it has been a year since your Halmoni has left us…and…you know your Haraboji is old already~”

“Haraboji are you going to leave me? Haraboji if it’s about money, I would go and find a way to earn money. Just don’t leave me!”

You must be wondering why I’m so attached to my Haraboji. My parents…they died before I could even turn one year old. As to how they died, Haraboji refuses to tell me and constantly questioning him with no answer makes me give up after sometime. There must be a reason as to why he refuses to tell me so no matter how many times I ask, it would be the same. Since then I have been living with Haraboji and Halmoni and they have been taking care of me until Halmoni passed away a year ago and no doubt was our life a little harsh.

“Chaerin Haraboji would never leave you, you hear me?”

“Then what is all the talks about decision?”

“Haraboji is old but you still have a long life ahead my girl. You know our ruler?”

“King YG?”

“Royal Highness Kwon, King YG’s father is a friend of mine. I’ve seek his help and he has decided to take you into the palace.”

“Neh?!!”

“Baby girl listen to me. It would be good if you enter the palace then follow me. There wouldn’t be a day where you would have to worry about being hungry and he even promises me that he would give you the education you need.”

“Haraboji~”

“I’m sorry baby but this time you have to listen to me. I’m growing old and I can’t be there for you in the future. I’m doing this to settle you down.”

“Haraboji I just want to stay with you~”

“I promise you I would visit you whenever I can alright? Now go pack up. We’re leaving for Kwon Kingdom tomorrow before the sun rise.”

“Haraboji~”

“Lee Chae Rin!!!” Haraboji shouted and suddenly he clench onto his chest, making me rush to him as I catch him from falling and supported him to the couch. I knew he was really determined to send me away when he mentioned my full name.

“Haraboji!!! Haraboji stay here alright?” I said as I head into the kitchen to get him a glass of water before helping him drink to calm him down. “Haraboji I’m sorry. I promise. I promise I will go. Just don’t…just don’t leave me will you?” I said as tears roll down my cheeks, only to be caught by his shaking hands.

“Chaerin you have to know that it’s all for your own good. Haraboji wants you to be successful someday and without the Royal Highness’s help, I can’t do anything. I believe your parents would want to see you be successful one day too.”

“Haraboji~”

“You will always be my wonderful granddaughter. I’m not selling you away. I just want you to try. If you really don’t like the palace, Haraboji would welcome you back wholeheartedly but I want you to try. Think about your future. Do you want to stay here for the rest of your life?”

“Haraboji I promise you. I promise you I would try but if I really don’t like it there please allow me to come back.”

“I will. Don’t cry now.” He said as we lock one another in a tight embrace.

“Haraboji what time do we have to leave tomorrow?” I ask.

“6am. We’ll leave for the kingdom and reach there at 10am.”

“Haraboji please go and rest. We have a long day ahead.” I said as I help Haraboji back into his room before I head back to mine.

Spreading the blanket on the floor as I rest my head on the pillow, I just stare at the ceiling, thinking of what was going to happen to my life. After today, I would wake up to a whole new life. I don’t know what to expect. So what if Haraboji is a good friend of the former King? That doesn’t mean I’m going to be a princess when I get there. I might be accepted as a maid and even not being able to see my Haraboji. In that stranger area, how am I going to survive when there is no one there to help me? Aish Lee Chaerin get all of that out of your mind!!! You’ve promised your Haraboji that you would be going to the palace with him in the morning and the more you think, the more you would feel like running away so just go to sleep!!!

The next morning, I woke up to the callings of the rooster, my daily alarm clock. Stretching my body, I look out of the window to see that the weather was more than fine today. The morning dews just makes you want to fall back to sleep again. I got myself out of bed, folding the blanket neatly and placing it in one corner of the room with the pillow on it for one last time. I then head to my wardrobe to get all the clothes that I would need. My luggage is small yet I almost cleared out everything that I possess in the room. I took one last look at my room, knowing that I wouldn’t be back soon or even forever before I made my way out to meet Haraboji.

The both of us dressed in our best clothing sat down at the common area as we waited for the carriage that was assigned to pick us up by the king. Throughout the time, Haraboji had his hands over mine, assuring me that everything would be alright and I was the best for me. I knew he was trying to calm me down and kick all the negative thoughts out of my head.

“We’re from the royal palace, here to pick Sir Lee and Lady Lee.”

“That’s us.” Haraboji said before the guards help me take the luggage up to the carriage while the both of us headed into.

The trip towards the palace was two hours as mentioned but it wasn’t tiring for the both of us for the new sight that kept pass by us was breathe taking. Since young, I have always been staying in the village and have never crossed the boundaries to another place. Haraboji would always tell me stories about the kingdom, how it was before he move to this village with halmoni but it was so much better that what I’ve heard or imagine from Haraboji’s words. Looking at my expression, I could see that Haraboji was happy to see that I love this place so much.

“Sir Lee the King has been expecting you.” A man in uniform who looks like the king’s right hand man came towards us giving us a bow as we return.

“We’re finally here~” Haraboji exclaimed as I got his hands with mine.

I have never expected the palace to be like this. I was expecting it to be a traditional Korean palace but I was wrong. Instead it was westernised with arcs and beautiful yellow lightings hitting against the pearl white walls. The insides further amaze me as everything was grand. White walls line with gold boarders, huge chandeliers above our heads and silk curtains that run from the ceiling to the floor to accompany those full length window. The walls along the halls were decorated with the finest pieces of art that people like me would never have a chance to admire.


      

“This way please sir.” The man said as he spread his hands to the right, directing us towards where the king was.

“When you meet the king…”

“Yes Haraboji. You’ve been telling me for the past few hours. Greet the King and be lady like.”

“Just wanted to remind the absent minded you.” Haraboji said as we head in with my arm around his hand.

“Your Highness, Sir Lee as well as his granddaughter, Lady Lee is here.” The right hand man said knocking against a door that was at least triple my height when I’m already standing at 1.62cm (5ft4in). It looks so heavy and indeed it took 2 strong men to open the 2 swing doors.  The 2 doors swing open to reveal the grand living room as the both of us carefully step in.

  

“Sir Lee you’re finally here!” The King welcomed.

“Your Highness, it’s my pleasure to meet you.” Haraboji greeted and I did the same beside him.

“Ah you must be Lady Chaerin. You really look like your mom.”

“Omma?” I ask politely at the king before turning to Haraboji. “Have you seen my omma before?”

“She’s a fine lady. You’ve definitely grown up to be like her.”

“I’m sorry Your Highness but Chaerin here has ever seen her omma before. Please pardon her unruliness.”

“Oh no Sir Lee. I understand. I miss the late Lady Lee too. Is it alright if I call you Chaerin?”

“Yes Your Highness.”

“Your omma must be so proud of you and I can assure you that. Along with me and my lady, we’re friends with your parents since young. I believe your Haraboji has already told you that he is friends with my father? Because of that, we’ve practically grown up together.”

“Oh…”

“I know you have no knowledge about your mom. I promise that I would help you as much as I can alright?”

“Your Highness please don’t bother. We’re just commoners. You have the whole country on your back and we shouldn’t be bothering you.”

“Oh no Sir Lee. I’m more than willing to help. Oh and Sir Lee you stop addressing me as Your Highness. I’m not used to it.”

“I should Your Highness. It’s a form of respect.”

“Alright enough for talking, let’s head in.” King YG said as he leads us to settle at the lounge area.

“Your Royal Highness, I believe your father has informed you that I would be bringing my granddaughter here?”

“Yes. I’ve heard from him. Don’t worry for I will try my best to make her comfortable. Chaerin how do you feel of the palace?”

“It’s really beautiful Your Highness.”

“That’s all?” He said and when he see me panic, he couldn’t help it but laugh. “Am I that scary?”

“Not at all Your Highness.” I said really quickly, defending my stand.

“Don’t be so tensed. Anyway I’m not sure if you would be interested in my proposal tho.”

“Your Highness we would be happy with whatever you have up for us.” Haraboji politely said.

“I hope that she would start off as a maid.”

“Maid?” I asked, hoping that I don’t sound too demanding.

“Well in a way you would be a maid. But I want you to be a personal maid instead. Maids here in the palace goes to the education programme that we have on a daily or weekly basis depending on their workload but at least once a week will they be able to study just like all the other kids. You too serving as a maid would be entitled to this privilege. You’ll be given your own room but your role is going to be different.”

“Please enlighten us further Your Highness.” Haraboji said.

“Like I mention, you’ll be a personal maid. Not to me but to one of my boys.” King YG said before there was a knock on the door once again.

“The princes are here your Highness.”

“Let them in.” King YG said as two young males enter the room.

“Meet my sons, Kwon Seunghyun and Kwon Ji Yong.”


Alright to clear some doubts, SKYDRAGON Kingdom is a part of Korea :D Kust like Seoul and Gwangju, the country is ruled by different kingdom :D

Haraboji - Grandfather

Halmoni - Grandmother

King YG is also a kwon :D Kwon YG ^^

Lastly I would address King YG as Your Highness and his father, the former king as Your Royal Highness.

Feel free to approach me if you are unsure of what I'm trying to potray here, either on my wall, in a PM or under the comments :D

I'll update this story soon but like I said, I would only update when I have the time to ^^

<3 GDbong