pursuading the king

In love there are no impossibilities~

I was supposed to have a 2D1N camp today ><

But I'm skipping it :D

Anyway sorry this chapter took so long...

Had a busy weekend...

Plus I admit I have a little writer's block for this story ><

So please understand me :(

I will make next chapter interesting ^^

With Chaerin moving in with Jiyong and all :D

Keep your eyes peeled!


Waking up with Jiyong oppa’s chest in my face and his arm around my waist, I must say I really love this feeling. Just like what Jiyong oppa said last night, I just want to wake up in his arms and to see his face the first thing I open my eyes every morning. He still smells really nice from the shower last night with that lavender scent shower gel. Jiyong oppa had a pout on his face even when he is sleeping and it’s really cute making me want to taste his lips again. Aish Lee Chaerin what’s wrong with you now?!! Where did your ethics go?

Shaking my head lightly to shake those thoughts out of my mind, I notice that I had an agenda today. Trying hard to slip out of Jiyong oppa’s arms without waking him up, it only results in him pulling me closer and tighter to him as he snuggles in my neck. With this, I didn’t dare to move hoping that he would fall back to sleep and maybe I can try to get out again. I was a little worried and kept looking at the clock. It was the time when the king was going to end his morning walk and if I can’t catch him before that, it would be hard for me to convince him regarding the three that I brought back yesterday.

“Morning hunchae~” I heard Jiyong oppa greet me with his sleepy yet husky morning voice against my neck.

“Morning oppa. You’re early~” I said since he never wake up until an hour later.

“What about you?” He asked, finally pulling away from me as he tried his best to open his tired eyes.

“I have to talk to the king.”

“I should come with you~” He said making me shake my head.

“Oppa I have to do this on my own. You’re still tired so rest in for a little longer alright? I’ll see you at breakfast later.” I said as I let my fingers run through his hair and when he nod, I got up and head for the washroom to wash myself up.

-Meanwhile at the garden-

“No signs of Chaerin yet?” King YG asks Secretary Yang.

“I’m afraid no You Highness. Chaerin mama might have overslept.”

“Overslept?”

“Jiyong mama proposed to Chaerin mama last night and they are youngsters after all.”

“You mean Jiyong is keeping Chaerin up the whole night?”

“I was only told that Jiyong mama was in Chaerin mama’s room last night.”

“Your Highness, my apologies for turning up late~” I said as I bow to the king.

“Chaerin you know punctually is important.” King YG said.

“I know that Your Highness. It’s just that Ji…”

“Jiyong was keeping you?” The King asked with a smile.

“It’s not that Your Highness. Nothing happen between us…we…nothing…” I stuttered making him laugh.

“Chaerin I know you aren’t someone like that.” The King said as he pat my tense shoulders. “Alright Secretary Yang get everyone to leave. I’ll talk to Chaerin alone.” King YG said and soon everyone left, leaving only me and the king. “Come with me Chaerin” He said.

The King led me to the middle of the Greek theme garden and in the middle was a stone bench with a stone table. There was two cups of tea that Secretary Yang has already prepared for us and signaling me to sit, I took me seat after the King. The both of us was sipping into the tea in front of us and the king was just enjoying the ambience around while I was all stiffed with my back straighten 90 degrees. The King then took a look at me, placing his cup back to the saucer and I did the same before he started to talk.

  

“So Chaerin I guess you know why you’re here with me today right?”

“Yes Your Highness~”

“Chaerin you can call me aboji from today onwards you know? Now that you are engaged to Jiyong?”

“A…aboji~”

“So?” He said as he got his cup again and took another short sip.

“Sanghyun wanted to kill me and that was a fact. However after talking to Jiyong oppa, I knew that was the thing that I should do.”

“What did my wise son say to you?”

“Rather than saying, it was more of a question. He asked me whether I had thought of revenge even for a second when I found out that Sanghyun’s parent was the one that killed mine. Although I didn’t answer him, my answer was yes. His parents killed mine and now that he was in my hands, a small evil part of me wanted to take his life as well. I wanted his parents to know how much it hurts to lose someone. And that was when I realized that I was thinking like Sanghyun as well. All that his parents told him was that my parents was the reason as to why they are held captive. Naturally he would feel hurt that his parents were taken away from him when he was young so he wanted revenge. It was this little voice in him like the one that I had in me that was making him act like that. However I knew that it wasn’t really what he wanted. When he injured Seungri oppa, he could have killed him but he drops the knife. From there I knew he never really wanted to hurt anyone.”

“And that is why you are willing to give him another chance?”

“Everyone makes mistakes. That is what Haraboji taught me. Sanghyun’s mistake was to plan on taking my life. I too regret asking him to be my personal body guard when Jiyong oppa, Seungri oppa and even Minzy disagree with my actions. I thought ah maybe this was once when I actually made a wrong move but Sanghyun prove me wrong. He proves all of us wrong by turning up and saving my life. I saw his sincerity when he said that he was willing to give up his life for me. I knew I wasn’t wrong about this because I felt the same thing when I heard Seungri oppa say that to me a year ago. I knew he was serious about it.”

“What makes you want to take him in as a bodyguard?”

“The fact that he could break the palace guards and even Seungri oppa, I knew he has the ability to keep me safe. Because of that, I thought that we shouldn’t let his talent go to waste. Besides this time out I realize that if there is one Sanghyun around me, there must be a lot more who wants my life. It would be good if I get more people to protect me isn’t it?” I ask with a smile.

“You do have a point there. Chaerin ah you’re a clever girl and I have trust in you and your decisions. After all in the future your Haraboji and even I can’t be there to tell you what is right and what is wrong but I want you to know that not everyone deserves a second chance. You are good in everything but one thing that is hindering you is your kind hard. When you have to punish, you punish. When you have to kill, you give your orders. If you don’t do so, you’re actually telling your people that since everyone deserves a second chance, they could make a mistake and these mistakes might be as small as thief but what if it involves life being taken?” King YG said.

“I understand your point Aboji~” I said giving him a nod.

“This time, I’m going to let this go. Besides I see that that Sanghyun boy is really sincere about apologizing to you so I’m going to let you do what you planned to do. The girls will be introduced to the palace later today after breakfast and will start their gungnyeo trainings tomorrow. As for Sanghyun, I’ll leave him all to you. If you think he needs more training, you can send him to the security department but from what I know and heard, I believe he would do a good job. Spend more time with him and learn all about him. If you find out that things aren’t going as plan, immediately inform any of us. I would now want to see you get hurt you hear me?”

“Yes Aboji~”

“Alright it’s about time the others woke up already. Let’s head back alright?” King YG said and with a nod, the both of us got up and wrap my arm around his arm as the both of us head back indoors.

As soon as we got back, I see that everyone was already at the table waiting for me and the King to arrive from his morning walk. Mingkki was sitting with her favorite oppa since Bom unnie isn’t here to accompany him today while Jiyong oppa was sitting with Haraboji as they seems to be discussing about some after procedures that they have to look into following Jiyong oppa’s proposal last night. As soon as Jiyong oppa spotted me, he stops talking with Haraboji and gave me his attention.

“Aboji may I be excused for breakfast today?” I asked making him nod.

“I’ll get the kitchen to prepare food and send it to your room.” He said before I excuse myself.

“Appa me too~” Jiyong oppa said as he quickly got up and join me even before getting an answer from his father to do so. “Chaerin ah~” He called out to me as I slow down and let him catch up to my side.

“Oppa you should be having breakfast with the rest.”

“What about you? Why aren’t you having breakfast?” He asked as he pulls my wrist, making me stop while I turn back to him and gave him a smile.

“Oppa I’m having breakfast as well.” I said making him tilt his head to look at me confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Didn’t you hear that aboji is going to get the kitchen to prepare some food and get them to bring it to my room?”

“You’re calling appa aboji?” He asked with a smile.

“He ordered me to.” I said as I turn around but before I could he turn me back and gave me a kiss on my lips.

“I think that is the best thing that I’ve heard from you ever since I met you~” He said and all I could do was blush in his arms.

“I need to go~” I said turning away but his hands caught mine as he walk me down the hall.

“Are you not feeling well?” He asked me making me shake my head.

“Oppa stop worrying about me. I’m just going to have breakfast with the three. At the same time I have some news for them.”

“News? What kind of news?”  

“Oppa be patient please. If you want to know the news, get Sanghyun oppa in my room now. I’m going to get the girls.” I said before disappearing into their room. “Jisun, Misun, it’s time to wake up~” I called out to the two girls as I lightly pat them.

“Songsaeng-nim” Jisun greeted while the both of them sat up rubbing their tired eyes.

“The sun is up and it’s time for breakfast. We’re having breakfast in my room so you two girls should go wash up.” I said and after a nod, the both of them head to the bathroom together to wash up.

With the two fresh pieces of hanboks that I gotten from Jejo sanggung, I dressed the girls up and even braided their hair like how the gungnyeos in the palace did. I guess they somehow knew that today they were going to start as gungnyeos after noticing that they are in identical outfits as the other training gungnyeos in the palace and were so excited as they stated asking me tons of questions. Getting them to calm down, I then lead them to my room to see that breakfast was already sat up at the table and Sanghyun oppa who was sitting beside Jiyong oppa was now standing by the side.

“Sanghyun just take a sit.” I said as I got the girls to sit with me.

“Mama why did you gather all of us here today? Is it related to the King’s answer?” Sanghyun oppa asked.

“Indeed it is. I’ve persuaded the King and the final answer is...you three are staying with us.”