sentence

In love there are no impossibilities~

You guys know where I got that sentence from?

kekeke :D

Hwang Ssabu-nim tweeted it and when I saw it, I thought it was something I could incorporate in my story ^^

Hope you like it~

School has been a torture for me ><

I still need my holidays :(

Will try to update whenever I can so please pardon me if it takes me too long to update ><


“Chaerin have you heard of this sentence? “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try.”?”

“No oppa.”

“Let me tell you something huh? When I was overseas studying, I wanted to give up. I might have studied English before I left here for studies but compared to the locals, it was hard for me to catch up. I was struggling a lot not just because of the language but because of the strong content we have in law. It was so hard for me that I’ve decided to defer education there and come back to the kingdom. That was when appa, or should I say the king threw me this sentence.”

“You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try?”

“Exactly. At the point of time I was really angry. Angry at appa for not giving me a definite answer and it wasn’t like I could just quit on my own. For days, all I did was to stay at home when the others went to school. Hyung and Youngbae was really worried of me. Thankfully the girls have yet to come over so it wasn’t that embarrassing.”

“So how did you get back to studying again oppa?”

“Well when I was all alone in the house, it got me thinking a lot. The sentence that the appa popped me kept appearing in my head. It took me 2 days to finally realise what he meant with those words. If I stayed and failed, I would be disappointed definitely but from there I know where I’m wrong at and I can improve on that. At least I could comfort myself by saying that I have done my best and I have no regrets. If I gave up at the point of time, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Chaerin it doesn’t only apply for me but everyone including you. ”

“Me?”

“Try to get yourself comfortable in the palace. If you don’t, how can you make me feel comfortable? Chaerin, calling me oppa is just a way for you to break that wall that you have built up. Try to break it not for me but yourself. If you can do it, then that’s good. If you can’t make it, at least you tried. If you didn’t try how would you know if you were going to succeed or not? Agree?” He asks looking at me.

“Maybe…”

“Let’s give it a try shall we? Maybe when you’re with me alone in the quarters, start by calling me oppa. It’s alright if someone happens to be there and you don’t call me that but promise me, when we are alone try to call me oppa neh?”

“I…I don’t know…”

“Just try huh? Trust me, you would feel more comfortable in the palace with me.”

“I guess…I could try?”

“Good girl~” He said as he ruffles my hair.

Since that day, as long as the both of us were alone, I was calling him oppa really carefully. Only after looking left and right before I dared to call him oppa. Jiyong mama and I have been visiting the market as well as night market almost twice or three times a week. Time to time Dara mama would tag along but the times when we went alone was so much more. It seems like Jiyong mama would always call me out when Dara mama wasn’t free to join him.

Once again we were at the night market last night and only got back around 11pm. Jiyong mama was right. Calling him oppa was definitely working as I was getting more and more comfortable around him, yet at the same time I was still giving him the respect he deserve and of cause whenever there was someone around, I was able to change to honorifics really quickly. It was as if we were good friends since young like my oppas and unnies back in the village. The barrier between us was slowly fading and every day we were both really happy together.

“Jiyong mama I’m here reporting for duty~” I said knocking on the doors of his quarters before heading in.

However something seems to be wrong. Normally at this time, Jiyong mama would be sitting at the sofa waiting for me to bring him his daily cup of coffee and newspapers but no he wasn’t here. I was never informed that he would be going out before I come in. Maybe he slept a little late last night and isn’t able to wake up. Yeah that must be it. Ad mist my thoughts, I found my legs bringing me towards mama’s room. Now, I was standing in front of his room door and after taking some time to master some courage, I knocked lightly on his door.

“Mama…are you still sleeping?” I ask softly but there wasn’t any reply. “O…oppa are you still sleeping?” I asked again and was about to leave when I heard a faint sound calling out to me.

“R…rinnie…” With doubts, thinking that the possibility of me hearing sounds was high, I got back to the front of his door and knocked again as I press my ear against the door, trying to find out if that sound was really from behind the door.

“Oppa?”

“Rinnie ah~” He called out once again and noticing that his voice was weird, I called out to him again.

“Oppa…are…are you okay in there?” I asked and this time instead there was no reply. “I’m coming in…” I said before opening the door to see him lying in the bed.

“Rinnie ah…” He said as I see him toss and turn in the bed as he struggles to get up.

“Oppa what happen?” I ask as I got near to him, wanting to help him sit when I notice that he was hot. “Oppa…are you having a fever?!!” I ask as I place my hand on his forehead to check if he really had a fever.

“Rinnie I’m fine.” He said with a smile.

“How can you be fine when your temperature is so high? And you lips…you look so pale!” I said when he pulls my hand down.

“Rinnie I’m really fine~”

“No oppa you’re not.” I said and was about to leave when he caught my hand.

“Where are you going? S…stay with me.”

“Oppa you need to rest. I’m just going to get you some water.” I said as I got up again and quickly head down to the kitchen.

“Chaerin ah I’m cold~” He said as I got him to wrap his hand around the glass of warm water and wrap him in his duvet.

“You need a doctor.”

“No!” He shouted, scaring me a little.

“Why oppa? You’re really sick!”

“I…I hate medicine.”

“What about western doctor?”

“Don’t want.” He said with a pout.

“But oppa you have to see a doctor when you’re sick.”

“Aniya…I…I just need you.” He said and I swear I am blushing right now.

“O…oppa I’m not a doctor…”

“Chaerin please just let me rest alright? I really don’t need a doctor. Please?” He said swinging my hands when he notices me soften up.

“But…”

“Please~” He whined.

“Fine but oppa if you’re still sick after lunch, I will have to call the doctors is that alright?” I asked. Well at least a compromise should be made.

“Ahrasso~” He pouted as he look down on his lap.

“Alright oppa you need ample of rest. Please lie down.” I said as I tuck him in bed.

“Where are you going?” He asks, grabbing my hand again when he notice me about to leave.

“I’m going to fetch a basin of water and towel to cool you down oppa.”

“Come back soon~” He said as I left to get what I needed.

When I got back, I used the towel, wetting it a little as I wipe his face and arms to cool him down. Maybe it was because of how cooling the water was against his skin, Jiyong mama fell asleep really quickly. Ensuring that he was deep in sleep, I let the towel rest against his forehead before leaving quietly towards the kitchen to get them prepare something for Jiyong mama’s lunch. When lunch was ready, I set it on the lap tray and carried into the room so that Jiyong mama can have his lunch on bed instead.

“I don’t want to!” Jiyong mama whined when I place the tray in front of him.

“Oppa you’re sick. Please don’t be picky with food.”

“Yah don’t you know that my enemies are fruits and vegetables?!! Get them away from me now!”

“Oppa…”

“NOW!!!” He said.

This was the first time that I’ve seen Jiyong mama so angry ever since I’ve came into the palace. Usually he would be all smiles but earlier on, he looked so much like Seunghyun mama when he got angry. Chef Kim was right. Vegetables and fruits can never ever appear in front of Jiyong mama. With the tray in my hands, I head back to the kitchen to return the food that was just given to me and it seems like everyone was expecting me to be back for immediately they got the food out of my hands without asking.

“Ottoke? Jiyong mama refuses to eat.”

“Chaerin ah it’s not like this is the first time we told you that Jiyong mama hates fruits and vegetables~” Chef Gong said.

“But he’s sick! If he doesn’t take them, how can he recover? Besides he refuses to let the doctors attend to him.”

“And I thought Jiyong mama is the normal one out of all the mamas.” Yoon Ji unnie mentioned.

“If only I could think of a way to make mama eat…if only…” I said as my eyes widen and sparkles immediately.

“What is it Chaerin?” Chef Kim asked.

“Chef can I get some ingredients here to cook Jiyong mama lunch?” I asked.

“Chaerin ah what do you have in your mind?” Yoon Ji unnie asked.

“Jiyong mama would never let vegetable or fruits come into his sight right?”

“Apparently…yeah~” Chef Gong said.

“I’ve got an idea to make him eat it. I just need some ingredients.” I said with a smile as I collect everything that I need.

“Chaerin ah what do you have up your sleeves?” Yoon Ji unnie asked.

“Just wish me luck unnie~ this better work!” I said before excusing myself and left with the ingredients.

When I return back to the quarters, I quickly place the ingredients in the kitchen before popping by Jiyong mama’s room to see that he was still sleeping. Noticing that the time was already late, I got down to work and it took me an hour to complete a meal. Setting Jiyong mama’s lunch that I came up with on the tray, I was about to bring it up to the room when I see Jiyong mama making his way down the stairs.

“Jiyong mama why are you up?” I ask placing the tray down as I quickly ran up to him and supported him towards the dining table.

“I’ve been sleeping for too long~ Besides, I didn’t see you in the room so I thought I should check on you.”

“How are you feeling?” I ask checking his temperature with one of my hand against his forehead while the other against my own to compare. “It doesn’t seem to drop.” I whispered to myself.

“Chaerin I’m hungry~” He said pulling my hands away, making me remember the lunch I prepared.

“I cooked lunch. Please give me a moment to prepare it for you.” I said making him nod as I set the food in front of him on the dining table.

“Chaerin ah did you prepare this all by yourself?” He asked.

“Neh. You refused to eat what the kitchen gave so I thought as your personal maid, I should cook you something instead.”

 “What did you got for me?” He asked with a smile and opened the lid to see a green substance in the pot. “What is this?”

“Oppa try a spoonful of it first.” I said as I got a spoon of the food, blowing it cool before handing it to him.

“What is this? It looks scary~” He said as he leans backward.

“Oppa just try it first.” I said, urging him to try and with hesitation, Jiyong mama still took the food in his mouth.

“Taste nice. What is it?” He said and a smile erupts on his face. Yes success!!!

“I can tell you oppa but…please promise me you wouldn’t get angry…”

“Chaerin ah you are scaring me…”

“It’s…”